Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-13 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I edited it in afterwards, but

Quote:
Do I wish some of the job specific stats and adjustments were better? Yes, especially as a BLU. But it was an unreasonably high expectation to think that they'd actually be performing any sweeping job adjustments through empyrean upgrades.

I've seen some crazy suggestions and expectations on what people wanted on their empyrean gear and it was never ever going to happen. I'm still shocked that they added new "generic" stats to as many pieces as they did. Being completely realistic: they were barely able to perform the job adjustment cadence of one job every couple months before. Did you guys honestly expect them to do a fat patch with all this armor, a new event, and essentially job adjustments for every single job at once?

Yes it sucks, yes some jobs could use some love right now. But this was never going to be the place.

Well I think they just ran the pieces through a generic GearLevel to +stat formula and added that to the pieces. We haven't bee iLevel 119 for awhile, they just won't put the real number on gear.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-13 16:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Until +3 comes out noone can really say but even just going off +2 > +3 af/relic the increases were never that vast aside from when new effects were added in like the cor gloves/rng body. Id like to assume thad be the case, but you never know, as it stands many of the pieces trait increases/enhancements went up the same as nq > +1, with a few getting some additionals thrown in i.e nin gloves getting magic burst bonus(but no mab wtf SE) so it is pretty underwhelming though they did give everyone something like 30~ DT along with their modest stat increases so that's nice.
By Draylo 2022-08-13 17:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get why that post has so many likes but ok. Most weren't expecting this to "blow ody gear out the water", they were expecting some stat boots to core job mechanics to bring about more job balancing. It was in the pipeline for a very long time and very often touted as being a balance for some jobs that needed it. Instead we got the usual slight stat vomit increase and barebones for unique stats... I don't get how you cant look at gear like that BLU earring and think it took them so long to come out with gear as terrible as that.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 17:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it can change if theres unique stats from the +2 to +3 upgrade, or augments on earrings. Its just all speculation on what we have at the moment and the track record of SE shows these are probably it.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 17:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I edited it in afterwards, but

Quote:
Do I wish some of the job specific stats and adjustments were better? Yes, especially as a BLU. But it was an unreasonably high expectation to think that they'd actually be performing any sweeping job adjustments through empyrean upgrades.

I've seen some crazy suggestions and expectations on what people wanted on their empyrean gear and it was never ever going to happen. I'm still shocked that they added new "generic" stats to as many pieces as they did. Being completely realistic: they were barely able to perform the job adjustment cadence of one job every couple months before. Did you guys honestly expect them to do a fat patch with all this armor, a new event, and essentially job adjustments for every single job at once?

Yes it sucks, yes some jobs could use some love right now. But this was never going to be the place.

They were "working" on this for years though according to the DEV team... so kinda, yeah.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-13 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Which was ***. You know as well as I do that it didn't take them years to spit some extra stats onto this armor. They'll say what they think you want to hear, and obviously that tactic worked.

Maybe they have been planning to add the upgrades for years, but the idea that they were actually working on it for years is preposterous, even if they had done big job boosts on each piece.
By Draylo 2022-08-13 19:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its becoming hard to be an excited fan for the game when you know how lazy they are being. That's why I said its understandable people are upset, because they essentially lied and gave us this garbage as they pretended they were working so diligently on the content (that came out with a game breaking bug.) Just really frustrating how they treat their players.
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 19:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yeah its becoming hard to be an excited fan for the game when you know how lazy they are being. That's why I said its understandable people are upset, because they essentially lied and gave us this garbage as they pretended they were working so diligently on the content (that came out with a game breaking bug.) Just really frustrating how they treat their players.

You are salty and are not thinking straight.
Or, you are purposefully finding bad things just so that you can complain about a game that you choose to play in the first place.

This is not garbage. This is great gear, it's just that a portion of it is not useful to you at this moment.

And, lazy? We're getting tons of new content under every aspect, between Odyssey (which, like it or not how it's designed, has a lot of never seen before mechanics and is quite the challenging endgame), Voracious missions (haven't played through them myself yet but it's a ton of content), and now empy+2, which you should keep in mind it comes with new mechanics and a new event attached to it which we don't know anything about, it's not just a gather quest and bam upgraded.

Yes, it did take them very long to implement it, but I will remind you that before they secured the budget for the anniversary (late 2019? I think, somebody correct me), their answer to "empy+2/3 when?" was "we would like to do it but we don't have the budget to plan long term so we don't know if/when we will be able to". Then the game was healthy enough to get some financing for the 20th year of existence and that's when we started getting the new missions and finally empy+2/3 and Odyssey, which again, whether you like it or not is the new endgame that was sorely needed after we bulldozed through divergence in very little time.

If you want to complain about stuff you'll always be able to find stuff to complain about. Now quit whining, look past your own nose, and maybe you'll see that the world is a brighter place than you prefer to think it is.

Or keep being emo, but in that case I'll advise you to unsub because you're clearly not enjoying the game.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 20:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol imagine telling me of all people, to be positive about the game. It's very understandable if people are upset over this content or gear, given it was talked about for years. Just because someone gives a negative opinion on the gear isn't an overall hate on the game. Its exactly the truth, they are being lazy. I don't care to adhere to that opinion that we should be grateful for every scrap they throw at us. We all paying the sub prices, and most these days are paying a lot more on avg. It wasn't like stats take extra effort or something on their part, they could have simply added more unique stats. Yes they are certainly being lazy, and everything you listed is the majority of the half assed work lately. Voracious missions being a "ton" of content, ok.. lol.

We are posting in a thread about the update, and my complaints have been largely centered around that. Don't get on some high horse because a bunch of socks liked your post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-13 20:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Or, you are purposefully finding bad things just so that you can complain about a game that you choose to play in the first place.

Draylo's been the epitome of FFXI positivity since 'Nam. For him to get salty about the game moves *** mountains.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 20:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care to adhere to that opinion that we should be grateful for every scrap they throw at us.

I most certainly did not say that. Criticizing the content is fine, and there's plenty of legit "this is underwhelming :-\" going around (even tho we don't know crap about what +3 or the augmented earrings will look like), but you're describing the situation as if you were promised strawberry pie and got thrown in a sewer with a straw instead. That's unhealthy towards yourself, and entirely disproportionate to the situation at hand. Save your "they treat us like ***" for when the content is actually available, at least.

Don't get on some high horse because a bunch of socks liked your post.

Got it, you're double salty because most people here saw my point and agreed with me and not with you. Have fun being frustrated.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-08-13 20:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You are simply not being objective. This equipment is good, but it is complemented by other existing equipment.

Luckily this isn't FFXIV where each new piece of equipment makes the old one obsolete, here the equipment becomes part of another piece of equipment, some pieces you'll want for different things.

I honestly don't understand why you are so negative, that everything could be better? Correct, but it could also be worse.

I prefer this kind of update and not the ones they give in FFXIV where they give you linear and boring dungeons without challenge and quest lines that are constant autotransport.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-13 20:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Lili said: »

Draylo's been the epitome of FFXI positivity since 'Nam. For him to get salty about the game moves *** mountains.
THIS. Im getting kinda sad seeing even Draylo get negative.
By Draylo 2022-08-13 20:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We can take a look at older +2/+3 changes and make guesses on that. People are giving their opinions on the gear based on what we know so far. You are the only one trying to come in and paint people as "salty" and other negative descriptors when they are simply giving their opinion on the information presented. I have no idea how the content will be, my gripe was with the stats on the gear that was mined. Its really uninspiring and lazy, in my opinion of course. Nobody here is salty, I don't care who agrees with my opinion.

We were promised a lot of things that didn't fall thru as of late, so yea its pretty disappointing.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-08-13 20:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's fine to be "salty" about something you were looking forward to for a long time after many promises and that you were hoping would possibly improve the unique abilities of your favorite jobs.

People should be allowed to feel strongly about things they care about. A lot of us have dedicated ungodly amounts of time to this game because of its unique job systems and don't want things to become even more homogenized than they already are.

I'm all for catch-up gear to help returnees and newer players, but there are far better ways to go about it. Empy+2 requires you to go through SKCNMs, Abyssea, Vagary and now Sortie just to get functional endgame gear. It's hardly less demanding than getting a simple V0 Odyssey clear to buy equipment, so who is the gear really aimed at?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-13 20:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Draylo at this point.

Draylo once told me stfu and enjoy the content or don't play it like in 2016 or something (*** you btw). the fact he is now singing another tune speaks volumes. Take it with a grain of salt but his "it's worth it" line was a ffxiah meme.

I take his opinion of the game very highly. The dude has hand-crafted figurines of FFXI characters from etsy.

I am incredibly disappointed about sortie and their inability to keep promises.

It smells like another ***show. just look at the storing KI's they implemented and the fact we have no *** clue on when sortie will come out.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 20:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I know someone will dig it up and say "oh look, you complained about being negative on something new!" but I feel we've gotten a lot of bad news one after the other lately, IMO. I think it has changed my opinion generally and even tho I do love this game, I feel it deserves a lot better. So I've been more critical on their decisions when its obvious like this. I had also created tons of threads on OF trying to avoid stats like this, for years. I had a strong feeling it would go this way.

It also feels like it wouldn't even take that much effort for them to do it, so its equally disappointing. Like they can easily fit unique stats or buffs to change job metas and make them more fun without being overpowered. If time was a consideration due to job balance, they had plenty of it. I also don't think its something as simple as them not wanting to hurt older gear, because when Odyssey came out they killed tons of gearsets without too much consideration... Just feels lazy to me.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-13 20:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's just not a precedent set for the growth of +2 to +3 to be anything amazing, just based off previous sets, and the fact +2 didnt really do anything beyond add some pdl/dt in most cases doesnt add much to the belief that +3 will be anything ground breaking. Plus they dont want to invalidate ody gear, they still have one last tier rank to pump out. I just think what you see with +2 is largely what youll get at 3, the stats will go up so that its base lines match up with a R20 set
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-13 21:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like they're still trying to push the "well everything has 10 more stat than the previous set of +2"

And the thing is no one gives a rats *** if the new set has +10 chr +10 agi +10 vit

You could drop a set today with 999 vit chr agi int mnd but still leave it with the generic 30 str 30 dex but nothing else and it's still going to be largely ignored.

While raw stats have uses, they don't bring a wow factor of any kind. You're still going to want thaumas body, over 999 base stats. (ignoring the whole you'll totally die in it thing)

All you really have to do is give (everything) the minimum amount of da/ta/qa/stp and everyone will*** in their pants. That's all it takes. (monk legs)
By Nariont 2022-08-13 21:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The base stats being high in some areas is more than welcome, but like others said, we just wanted something job specific on the JSE that wasnt already there. MA/STP/DT is always welcome but that doesnt really help say pet jobs who just get the paltry acc/macc/racc and that's it.
By Bosworth 2022-08-13 21:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fellas, this is content that is solable. Really, they've all but said this isn't for the sweaty people lol just wait until +3 content comes out to form an actual opinion, or even until Sortie is playable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-08-13 21:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I did a trove using a Venus Orb. Was 2 rainbow boxes up at the start. Has this happened to anyone else? New to this update?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-13 21:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Voracious missions being a "ton" of content, ok.. lol.

Their approach and mentality in the AMA/webcasts/interviews/etc about VR and how "excited" they are about it shows me that the direction they are taking the game is disconnected from what I (and I'd argue most of the people I play with) am interested in. I give 0 shits about having to sit through more cutscenes and do more fights a single time that I can solo or doing more fetch quests. I would ignore it entirely if it wasn't for the weapon system at the end they are promising.

I know there are people who enjoy this content, but I don't personally know any of them and it is short lived content. Their investment in it is a bit annoying, I'd rather have more investment in diverse gear and battle systems. It's also shortsighted because people aren't going to keep paying sub fees to do missions.

As for Empyrean +2, my expectations for it were lowered when they said it was going to be something someone in Ambu gear could solo. They are throwing a bone to the numerous players who have no interest in or aren't capable of doing Odyssey. They made some comment in the May webcast about it being very good gear (and some of it is), but I think some were overhyped for what they expected. It was never going to beat out augmented Odyssey pieces outside of a few pieces for JAs or limited uses.

Odyssey is largely the future for endgame unless they get more funding. They can infinitely scale the armor and difficulty with minimal work, they could even add more T4 NMs and armor pieces with less work. Aside from a few slotted pieces here and there, I don't think we should expect any new epic gear that replaces it, just incremental upgrades here and there. I expect most other new content to be catering towards newer players, which I think they see as a better market for new content.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 21:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You are the only one trying to come in and paint people as "salty" and other negative descriptors when they are simply giving their opinion on the information presented.

Don't put words in my fingers that I didn't type - I didn't call "people", I called salty specifically you because your comments were particularly dramatic and catastrophic (multiple posts in a row even) and in a way, entitled. You're allowed to any opinion you might want to have, but the moment you put it on a public forum I am allowed to tell you what I think about it - as you are about mine.

Aerix said: »
Empy+2 requires you to go through SKCNMs, Abyssea, Vagary and now Sortie just to get functional endgame gear. It's hardly less demanding than getting a simple V0 Odyssey clear to buy equipment.

For you and me, sure. A "simple" v0 Odyssey clear requires you to either be capped pre-Ody to clear with trusts (like I was when I returned), but then you will still need to get enough segments which can take a fair bit solo, or people willing to carry/merc you. SE doesn't design game content around mercing (in fact, they seem to try to discourage it), and there's a lot of casual players who don't use gearswap, are not mastered, have unglowed remas (if at all), play a few hours per week, and without merc/carry for them Odyssey is completely inaccessible.

All of that other stuff you mentioned is soloable easily, now more than ever, maybe not quickly, but you don't need help from anybody to complete it, just patience - you can do it playing a few hours per week with your friend/sibling/significant other that dragged you into the game he used to play a dozen years ago, and neither of you even has a linkshell equipped. The game has been for a very long time going into the direction of "you need a group to do the endgame event, but you can solo/lowman everything else with some patience", and they said it explicitly: we want +2 to be easy to get solo, but +3 to require a team effort. And the reward is very evidently commensurate to that.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
The dude has hand-crafted figurines of FFXI characters from etsy.

Sorry, while I 500% recognize this as a sign of great passion and I respect and appreciate the dedication (I truly do, I'm not sarcastic here), that makes him an expert in game design how exactly?

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
the fact he is now singing another tune speaks volumes.

The only thing it speaks is that his expectations were misplaced.

Anybody is allowed to feel any way they want about the game and its updates, including me, and anybody is allowed to disagree with that. The response being "baww you're telling me how I should feel" is just a way to try and silence the people who are disagreeing with you, so I would recommend against it. But you do you, of course. I, in the meantime, will do me.

Look, I don't particularly care one way or the other how the game is proceeding (come October I'll start work again and I'll unsub again) but I am seeing a group of hardcore players whining that they're not being catered for, while failing to realize that the gear that we mined from the dats is not aimed at them - Odyssey was, especially the higher ranks, and that came relatively recently. And my very much liked post that triggered Draylo for some reason was pointing that out: this gear is not for people who play with dedication and have everything. "Ah but we were promised" what exactly? The event that comes with this gear is not available yet, the +3 gear is also not available, the augments are not available, the event that gives +3 is not available and for all we know the first who beats it will get a call from Matsui offering them oral sex performed by him personally. Being this catastrophic at this moment means just that you feel somehow entitled to get the game how you prefer it, and are throwing a tantrum that you didn't get what you wanted.

Personally, I would be much more angry if empy +2 were another Nyame, obsoleting all the very recent efforts require to obtaining that damned Ody gear. From what we saw so far, it's not the case, and I am glad about it.

So I've been more critical on their decisions when its obvious like this. I had also created tons of threads on OF trying to avoid stats like this, for years. I had a strong feeling it would go this way.

I am not going to go into detail about this, but these sentences show a ton of entitlement. Take my sentence at face value and think about it.

Like they can easily fit unique stats or buffs to change job metas and make them more fun without being overpowered.
(and)
Nariont said: »
we just wanted something job specific on the JSE that wasnt already there. MA/STP/DT is always welcome but that doesnt really help say pet jobs who just get the paltry acc/macc/racc and that's it.

Now, this point I understand and I do agree somewhat, but at the same time I think empy+2 is not the place for such a thing, due to how JSE armor has historically been - empower existing job characteristics, not make new ones. The only gear that truly changed how a job played, until Divergence, had been Mythic weapons, and not even all of them. So I am willing to bet a pizza that we'll be getting what you describe here with prime weapons, just like divergence weapons/necks all got gimmicks unique to each job. Send me a PM if I'm wrong once Prime Weapons come out, and I'll pay that pizza. Offer limited to one (1) pizza.

(on second thought, empy armor already had the set bonuses that on some jobs were quite interesting. I am not hoping too strongly, but hopefully the +2/3 will increase those bonuses a little.)

As a side note, that rebalance they were talking about months ago, I'm pretty sure that was neither empy+2 nor master levels, but Nyame: an all-job suit of armor, with base stats that are generically useful to all jobs, and the option to personalize it for the role you take the most: meleeing, weapon skills, magic damage, pets. It's basically a "make your own balance" sort of set.
And everybody loved it, because big numbers give tingly feelings to the nether regions, apparently.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 21:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up. Nobody wanted this to be better than odyssey, they wanted it to be unique with job specific boosts to compliment the current gear, not replace it. You are speaking all general and telling us there's still +3 as if it's going to be some huge hit lol. We can take guesses based on previous evidence, if we are wrong we will happily accept it but so far this is the opinion. V0 Odyssey gear is also really easy to get so yeah
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-13 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
Today I did a trove using a Venus Orb. Was 2 rainbow boxes up at the start. Has this happened to anyone else? New to this update?

I have never seen two, but I have gotten one rainbow at the start a few times.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-08-13 22:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did AF or Relic +2 AND +3 get released/datamined on the same patch?
By Nariont 2022-08-13 22:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe so as both times the upgrades were in the same update iirc
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-13 22:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bismarck.Zubuis said: »

I have never seen two, but I have gotten one rainbow at the start a few times.

Yeah, same. First I've heard of double shards, er, rainbows at the start
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up.

Ad hominem(s), appeal to motive, discrediting tactic, appeal to pity, logic chopping, bulverism, and not quoted, opinion entitlement. Some of these I already knew, a couple I learnt from wikipedia. Have a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

At this point you're either a troll or too invested emotionally to admit that maybe some of what I say could be true, so I'm not going to engage any further. Carry on and, again, enjoy your self-inflicted frustration.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23