What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-28 07:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Active offhand stats for dual wielding jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
Server: Asura
By Asura.Panasync 2022-08-08 16:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been out of the loop for a while, have they indicated/hinted that they're doing another weapon, or is it purely player speculation at the moment?
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 16:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A dagger with 130 damage, 180 delay, critical hit damage +10%, and critical hit rate +20% that can be used in offhand.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-08 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
that can be used in offhand.

Speaking of offhands, they've only made ultimate weapons with primary MH stats. I wouldn't be mad if they made 1H weapons with an augment path dedicated to use in the offhand, so we could supplement other weapons in the MH. I look at a job like Ninja, which should gain full benefit of every stat in MH or OH, and think it would be kind of interesting building an offhand Prime Weapon (if I so choose) that I can use with whatever other REMAD I want.
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 16:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THF DNC NIN could all do with something nice for offhand, even BST maybe. idc about BLU.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-08 17:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Speaking of offhands, they've only made ultimate weapons with primary MH stats. I wouldn't be mad if they made 1H weapons with an augment path dedicated to use in the offhand, so we could supplement other weapons in the MH. I look at a job like Ninja, which should gain full benefit of every stat in MH or OH, and think it would be kind of interesting building an offhand Prime Weapon (if I so choose) that I can use with whatever other REMAD I want.
Your NIN example is also very unique historically for the FF franchise, where often characters with an eastern feel who dual-wielded had two ultimate weapons (dating back at least to FF4, possibly further) due to their ability to DW.

I don't think its a horrible idea, and could result in much more interesting discussions about weapon pairs instead of just "what's best".
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Your NIN example is also very unique historically for the FF franchise, where often characters with an eastern feel who dual-wielded had two ultimate weapons (dating back at least to FF4, possibly further) due to their ability to DW.

I don't think its a horrible idea, and could result in much more interesting discussions about weapon pairs instead of just "what's best".
What weapons are you talking about in FF4?

In FFTA and in FFTA2 there were no ultimate weapons but there are 2 distinctly high damage katanas that are effectively that.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-08 17:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune and Murasame for Edge in FF4.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Masamune and Murasame for Edge in FF4.
Oh yeah, I never really used him so don't know how strong they were.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-08 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

eh, outside of about 2, the "ultimate" weapons in FF4 were just the final weapons for each job found in the Lunar Subterranae with boss fights tied to them. They didn't really do anything special outside of special damage of the Ragnarok for Cecil and Holy Lance for Kain.
By Vaerix 2022-08-08 21:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

6 words.

All Jobs, item level, Kraken Club.

Please and thank you.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-08-09 00:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A different offhand for Hand-to-Hand. Mix-and-match like Dual Wield!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [163 days between previous and next post]
By Phex 2023-01-18 14:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Since these are the ULTIMATE weapons (and SE will end this game in a few years [or at least wont care anymore]) i think:

We will get all REMA specials on this soul devouring weapons! Maybe bond to Master levels or via Resurgence-missionline, we will be able to combine the other weapons strengths. Maybe open augment-slots like:
ML10 = Relic
ML20 = Empyrean
ML30 = Mythic
ML40 = Aeonic
Its like a final present for the decades of effort, your dedication to specific jobs and yet another way to lowman/solo stuff to reach personal goals even if you are old and got kids ^^

Just my thoughts. I cant imagine otherwise and what would we be without our dreams.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-01-18 16:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gimme a damn Dagger to end all daggers.

End the "it's situational" debate for weps. It's 1st. Prime. Done.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-01-18 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
A different offhand for Hand-to-Hand. Mix-and-match like Dual Wield!

Hell, I'd settle for being able to equip a grip while using H2H
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-18 19:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phex said: »
Since these are the ULTIMATE weapons (and SE will end this game in a few years [or at least wont care anymore])

Says who!
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-18 23:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Red sword for rdm and weapons u choose per type is job based plz square dont lazy it out plzzzzz not like aeonics
[+]
By Dodik 2023-01-20 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I want laser beams. And lots of them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-20 20:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Imma need tgose campaign WSs right about meow~

Prime it up
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-01-20 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime weapons was a big dumb mistake by SE. Please forgive me for saying that but they could have concentrated their efforts into say, Prime Backs. How many ambuscade backs do y'all have?

The rollout on these weapons is beyond slow and confusing.

Who needs another rema for their job?... no one... there's already 4 or 5 200mil weapons for each job.

Who agrees with me that they haven't actually figured out what the final form weapons will be. Also, one or the other will be broke negatively and positively, which they won't fix for my bet is one year or more.

What's positive? FFXI is a great game with a lot of history and my type of game mechanics (macros/luas).
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-01-20 23:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be interesting if they required you to trade the relic weapon that matches the prime weapon for the final form.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-01-21 00:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't happen ...but I hope:

PLD gets Reflect.
BLM gets Ultima.
Bard gets ....Massacre Elegy? :shrug:
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-21 00:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Won't happen ...but I hope:

PLD gets Reflect.
BLM gets Ultima.
Bard gets ....Massacre Elegy? :shrug:
red mage gets ardor
Ninja gets throw weapon lol
By Ruaumoko 2023-01-21 05:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see them do really unique and useful things for their respective jobs.

Horn
All Songs +3
Song effects cannot be removed by Dispel effects.
Slightly weaker songs than the Gjallahorn but songs that cannot be wiped by full Dispels would really change certain fights.

Shield
Augments 'Intervene'.
~ In addition to existing effects, Intervene increases the physical damage the target takes for it's duration.
Effectively a Rayke for content the WS Wall exists in.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-01-21 07:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Shield
Augments 'Intervene'.
~ In addition to existing effects, Intervene increases the physical damage the target takes for it's duration.
Effectively a Rayke for content the WS Wall exists in.
Let's put that on Shield Bash instead of Intervene. XD

But really, Rayke is a normal JA, if with a slightly long timer. If it were RUN's SP or SP2 it'd be significantly less useful. Even if the potency of the effect were weaker, I'd rather something I can maintain or at least use frequently over something that's attached to an SP.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-01-21 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since most weapons are usable across multiple jobs, I’d be interested in seeing job abilities be granted to the weapon but with main job potency.

Example would be Great Sword granting “Berserk”

This would be interesting especially for odyssey with the whole SJ lockout. But also, it would allow for more SJ flexibility with content allowing SJ access. /DRG would have 3 minutes of reprieve with boosted attack. Obviously in this example war gets nothing here but Im just illustrating an example of what I’m thinking.
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-21 09:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"Berserk II"

2min Duration, 5min Recast
Raises Attack and Ranged Attack by 35%, lowers Defense by 35%

Helps all jobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-01-21 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Horn
All Songs +3
Song effects cannot be removed by Dispel effects.
Slightly weaker songs than the Gjallahorn but songs that cannot be wiped by full Dispels would really change certain fights.

Man- This would be super nice
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14