What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-07-26 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

(Dagger) All Races
DMG:1 Delay: 192
Lvl. 99

Enhancement: Can only strike PC's
Additional Effect: Warp II

Warrior / Thief / Paladin / Dark Knight / Bard / Ranger / Samurai / Ninja / Dragoon / Corsair / Puppetmaster
[+]
 Asura.Briko
Server: Asura
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-07-27 08:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Horn that gives a defensive variant of honor march.

HM is a combination of march, minuet, madrigal

New song should be like:
Honor Carol: all resist +140, mambo, minne all in 1

Or a debuff
Dishonor Lullaby: horde lullaby, horde finale, horde elegy, horde nocturne all in one
By mhomho 2022-07-27 08:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Enhancing Ninjutsu extends to an area of effect."
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-07-27 08:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai Great Katana Area of Attack Weaponskill.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-07-27 09:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

SE is trying to figure out how to code completely missing on multiple mobs at the same time. ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Nolatari
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nolatari 2022-07-27 09:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
(Dagger) All Races
DMG:1 Delay: 192
Lvl. 99

Enhancement: Can only strike PC's
Additional Effect: Warp II

Warrior / Thief / Paladin / Dark Knight / Bard / Ranger / Samurai / Ninja / Dragoon / Corsair / Puppetmaster

I am a little upset that Red Mage or Rune Fencer are not on this item
 Bahamut.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Nitenichi 2022-07-27 09:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

SE is trying to figure out how to code completely missing on multiple mobs at the same time. ;)

Can even call it Tachi: Whiffga!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-07-27 11:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Exemplar Points +1000%
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-27 11:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like for the Prime shield to not replace aegis entirely as an ilvl aegis.

Make another unique shield with an entirely different purpose than Ochain/Aegis. Give it a blunt weaponskill, enfeebling effect on WS or reduce the recast on shield bash with each block while also boosting the damage considerably(maybe based on blocks before using the JA)

A shield and instrument that aren't beefed up copies of the existing ones would be great... Briko's idea was nice but imagine an instrument that offers a single song with multiple offensive buffs like Honor March but....for mages or pets!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-27 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Binding new cool songs behind specific instruments is always quite the annoyance though I've gotta say, as Marsyas clearly demonstrated to all of us.

I could say "important spells/JAs" in general, they shouldn't be bound to specific items.
A rare item that teaches you the spell/JA and that once you've done that you can use even without the item equipped, now that's a different story and a much better compromise if you ask me.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-07-27 12:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Binding new cool songs behind specific instruments is always quite the annoyance though I've gotta say, as Marsyas clearly demonstrated to all of us.

I could say "important spells/JAs" in general, they shouldn't be bound to specific items.
A rare item that teaches you the spell/JA and that once you've done that you can use even without the item equipped, now that's a different story and a much better compromise if you ask me.

Mage weapons should have always given spells instead of weaponskills. If there is a new horn, what niche could it fill that isn't covered by Gjall/Daurd? Unique songs is the avenue they took before and I suspect they'll take agaib
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-27 13:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What's annoying about Honor March being bound to an instrument? It's no different than 4 songs being empyrean bound. You don't have a lot of options for instruments to make them unique and useful.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2022-07-27 13:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw Prime Weapons. Make my Tizona even more powerful.
[+]
By Torzak 2022-07-27 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect the job availability on each weapon will change little compared to Relics, but some pretty well require change.

Anyone with unconvential thoughts of certain weapons having additional or less jobs on them? Like, THF on a crossbow ranged.

If we go by relics, then RDM is getting a new sword and a new dagger. Or does anyone think they will limit availability and they will get only one? Similar for other jobs.

Some changes I imagine are obvious and musts would be like RUN getting the greatsword, PUP getting the H2H, GEO getting the club, BLU getting the sword.

How will these weapons be designed with all the jobs we imagine will have access to them?

Will the sword be tank utility? Will it be MP focused? Will it be damage focused?

Will they just add a bonus on each weapon listed individually for each job on it?
Excalibur (Prime)
RDM: enhanced this or that
PLD: enhanced this or that
BLU: enhanced this or that

And in doing so the weapon is different for everyone that can use it? Somehow I doubt this option, but with Augment paths, maybe it could go that direction a bit?

The possibilities. Hmmm
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-27 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »

Mage weapons should have always given spells instead of weaponskills. If there is a new horn, what niche could it fill that isn't covered by Gjall/Daurd? Unique songs is the avenue they took before and I suspect they'll take agaib
Don't get me wrong, I love the defensive song idea you exposed (or a mage-helper song as well).
It's just that that would mean being unable to use Ghorn to powerup that song, being unable to use Daurdabla to apply a fake, being unable to use the Miracle Cheer for 15mins duration and stuff like that.

It's just... annoying.
I guess it's different for mage offensive/debuff spells, I could see that work, but for the way BRD buff and the way it needs to interact with other items I personally find Marsyas annoying and having a second instrument created with the same logic would only make it worse.

Just my two cents of course.
But more than that, I think from a game design point of view it's dangerous for game balance to bind important/key spells behind specific items (see twilight cloak for instance)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-27 13:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »

What's annoying about Honor March being bound to an instrument? It's no different than 4 songs being empyrean bound. You don't have a lot of options for instruments to make them unique and useful.
I said before, for instance it's annoying that you cannot apply honor march fake with Daurdabla, or with Miracle Cheer (making Miracle Cheer sorta lame, if you expect to be using Honor March, and why wouldn't you honestly?)
Last but not least being unable to benefit from Ghorn's song+4.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-07-27 13:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I lean more towards an aoe debuff song. If we get too many unique buff songs then gjallahorn value plumets
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-07-27 15:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

a new way to play the character the weapon is usable by !!

a thousand examples can be used
By mhomho 2022-07-27 17:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagyu Darkblade

Please.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-07-27 18:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honor march last time for melee, lets get a mage version (fast cast, mab, m.acc)
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-07-27 20:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »

Mage weapons should have always given spells instead of weaponskills. If there is a new horn, what niche could it fill that isn't covered by Gjall/Daurd? Unique songs is the avenue they took before and I suspect they'll take agaib[/
Honor march last time for melee, lets get a mage version (fast cast, mab, m.acc)[/quote]

Damn I’d take just a mab song
By Thunderjet 2022-07-28 00:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
i made 16 characters for it maybe il get it...
By Kasumuni88 2022-07-28 01:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be good is if you put in the effort of taking your relic to 119 r15, you can trade it to skip a requirement of a last stage... Similar to the whole 'of you already have afterglow trade 1 pluton instead of 10000'.

All I want is for the dark claustrum to be BiS. Nothing more
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-28 02:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasumuni88 said: »
What would be good is if you put in the effort of taking your relic to 119 r15, you can trade it to skip a requirement of a last stage... Similar to the whole 'of you already have afterglow trade 1 pluton instead of 10000'.

All I want is for the dark claustrum to be BiS. Nothing more

Relic and Prime are not the same and one is not needed to make other, so not sure what you mean.
By mhomho 2022-07-28 04:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
mhomho said: »
i made 16 characters for it maybe il get it...
You can guarentee it with enough money... It's only like 3k usd.
They let you buy 2 marbles per character. 16 characters per acount. You have to buy all 000-999 to cover the spread.
999/32=32~ So about 32 copies of the game plus a months subscription (I'm not sure if the 45day lockout rule applies to marbles like it does to other things like AMAN Trove). If it doesn't, then it's about 1k usd to buy all your marbles and then track them on a spread sheet until the winner is announced. If the 45 day lockout applies, it's more like 3k (1k for all the accounts, 1k for first 30 plus your free 15 day trial, and 1k to sub them all to buy marbles).
I just don't think it's worth that kind of money. This is coming from someone that enjoys gacha games and regularly throws money at Genshin Impact. That's so much work and so convoluted. Just give me a loot box at that point.
Hence: I hope it becomes obtainable through another means (like a stage or final stage of the prime weapon questline).
By SimonSes 2022-07-28 05:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Its much less than that if you do it right. AFAIK you can only pay like 1.5$ for 15 mules if you activate them for like 1 day of whole billing cycle.

Only characters for whom 32 days or more have passed since character creation are eligible to purchase bonanza pearls.

So I would say its around 465$ x2 + 13$ for the first time to:
1. Activate 32 acounts with 15 mules each (14.5$ each) now to get the rights to buy marbles.
2. Activate everything again to buy marbles (You need to start billing cycle in a day that will let you activate mules in last billing day and buy marbles then)
3. Only activate one account that won.

So ~943$ (or Euro) for the first time and ~478$ (or Euro) for every next time.

EDIT: Actually I forgot you need to buy the game :) but you also get 30 days sub with it right? So its not 465$ in point 1. but ~1000$ or ~368$ depends if you buy during discount or not. So its 1478$ or 846$ for the first time.
By Thunderjet 2022-07-28 06:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

its just stupid that a weapon like yagyu is locked behind a bonanza its like making Idris or Epeo behind a nomad bonanza
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By mhomho 2022-07-28 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
all that effort and its still a ninja weapon.
Some people really like their favorite job, regardless of meta trends.
I'm waiting to see what the Prime Weapons do, but Yagyu's utility (because it works in the offhand) makes it incredibly desirable. If they don't have something comparable on the Prime Weapon, then the Prime Weapons will be moot.

Thunderjet said: »
its just stupid that a weapon like yagyu is locked behind a bonanza its like making Idris or Epeo behind a nomad bonanza
^^This
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14