What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
By Beau 2022-06-03 15:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A weapon that makes a moaning noise every time you hit, similar to the cat meow sound from C. Palug Hammer.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-06-03 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A club or a Staff who can beat S.B to the ground ... for DD's

Or even a Flip flop will do the trick .... after all Weapon class doesn't make any sense after S.B rule FF11 .....

But i degress .... a Weapon system with Paths who can be augmented and switched will be nice for versatility.

( also including those dead W.S , and Elemental W.S who just stand there as Filler ! And god knows how much Jp love Fillers >< )
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-03 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN: Make Blade: Ten do damage on par with Naegling/SB, Augment Yonin/Innin further

DNC: Provide a better option for making decent light skillchains, augment steps to have effects when they land (e.g. dispel, slow, paralyze)

BRD: Instantly warp any melee DD out who, despite several warnings, runs out of range midsong. The floor is lava outside of song range.

DRK: I only really started putting time on this recently, but it seems like it'd be nice if scythes were a little more useful outside of niche situations or at least have some parity with Calad.

I'd like BST to get a better shield option, possibly something that makes master/pet only buffs apply to the whole party, reduced reuse timers on Bestial Loyalty (HA! like that'll happen)

I imagine PLD will get another shield option, but idk what could dethrone Burt as a weapon. I'm gonna go into a holy rage if I did those atonement trials just to be replaced a year later.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-06-03 16:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem on Bst shield , is D.W bring too much withx2 axes.

Compare to single + shield.

( but Reals Bst with 30 pairs of Axes, knows the Pain on Storage, not even talking about jugs >< )
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-03 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
BRD: Instantly warp any melee DD out who, despite several warnings, runs out of range midsong. The floor is lava outside of song range.

this made me think about Tractor and how it's like never used now

they should just give that to BLM as Tractor II on a weapon. that'd be kind of dope. warp effect like Ark Angel TT, works on live targets, either like the BLM can instantly Draw-In or swap positions with a party member. BLM is given a unique niche where it can focus on moving party members around, or use them to move itself around.

I'm sure that's bound to make some game breaking strats that incite a few emergency maintenances
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-03 16:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja Prime Shurikeeen

Red Mage prime Ammo that has more acc than Ullr so I can stop using it and losing my TP!

Rune Fencer prime Grip! DT-5%, Meva+30, Eva+30, MDB+10, Acc+30, Att+30, Enhancing Magic received duration +25%.

Puppetmaster Prime Animator

Summoner Prime Sachet!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-03 16:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK: I only really started putting time on this recently, but it seems like it'd be nice if scythes were a little more useful outside of niche situations or at least have some parity with Calad.

Um. What?
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-03 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't liberator pretty beastly?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-03 16:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

this made me think about Tractor and how it's like never used now

Apparently you don't ever do the QUALITY Dynamis runs that I do XD. Not unheard of for our crew to need a DRK or /BLM (lol we may not have had a BLM main in Dyna since... I did a +1 neck ages ago?) for a Tractor after an *ahem* bad statue resist links a ton of mobs, somebody doesn't move away from the fetter spawn points when we kill wave 2 boss, somebody auto-runs a mule into hell... It happens more often than I'm proud to admit!

We actually just got lucky our very last run on Wednesday, no DRK but our SCH came in clutch by having /BLM for some reason. Yep, we needed to tractor someone who did something dumb (or, died in a terrible spot because someone else did something dumb).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-03 16:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Isn't liberator pretty beastly?

The Scythes allow DRK to be played differently than just a greatsword WAR in fancy armor, and each one is used uniquely in builds and playstyle. If anything, SE got Scythes more right than any other variety of RMEAs.

Liberator is an absolute TP machine, though it has lost some of its desirability with Sakpata Gear and all that Double Attack interfering with Mythic AM3. And when Sakpata is as good and safe as it is, its hard to justify not using that gear.

Apocalypse completely changes how one plays DRK and its role in a party/alliance setting if you allow it. Its far from niche to only be used in lowman situations of DRK as main tank- sometimes its just a tool that lets your WHM focus on status healing moreso than curing.

Redemption in my book has far surpassed Caladbolg for the preferred Empyrean Weapon on DRK and raw damage. Its flat out unfair how strong that thing is.

And Anguta's strong base damage and STP make it one of the easiest Aeonic Weapons to gear for- again falling back on the Sakpata argument of there's not a lot of STP on that gear, but its so good its worth adjusting other aspects of play to use it and stay alive.

Even Father Time (I did path B) can be amazing if you can constantly ride a good bursted Drain3. Pair that FUA with a ton of Double Attack, and now you've got a weapon that more times than not swings 3 times per attack round....and doesn't interfere with Sakpata.

...and in the end, its the Schere Earring for me that made Caladbolg become niche, not the scythes. Entropy is so good and means you can use that earring for all its wonderful reasons without worry about your MP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-03 17:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
THF NIN on gun, Give katana to SAM, give WAR the GK.

Nah, I don't want NIN on gun. Cause then you'd have to pick shuriken or gun, or else lose TP when switching to the gun. Just been thinking a bit about this with Donar Gun for Raiton lol. Maybe if they let you fire off a shot each attack round for your Daken procs... OK I'm starting to talk myself into it if it's crazy like that XD

I'd be all for the ultimate shuriken idea! But doubt it would happen, they crushed those hopes pretty hard years ago on the official forums.

I just did my wacky list with NIN on GK by process of elimination, since only SAM and NIN have any native GK skill. And only NIN has katana skill, so oh boy that'd need some serious skill+ boost on the weapon for anyone else to use it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-03 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was of course kidding with most of the ideas I shoot, they will never happen.

But... Shuriken and Handbell, I wouldn't completely rule those out honestly.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-03 17:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The Scythes allow DRK to be played differently than just a greatsword WAR in fancy armor, and each one is used uniquely in builds and playstyle. If anything, SE got Scythes more right than any other variety of RMEAs.

Liberator is an absolute TP machine, though it has lost some of its desirability with Sakpata Gear and all that Double Attack interfering with Mythic AM3. And when Sakpata is as good and safe as it is, its hard to justify not using that gear.

Apocalypse completely changes how one plays DRK and its role in a party/alliance setting if you allow it. Its far from niche to only be used in lowman situations of DRK as main tank- sometimes its just a tool that lets your WHM focus on status healing moreso than curing.

Redemption in my book has far surpassed Caladbolg for the preferred Empyrean Weapon on DRK and raw damage. Its flat out unfair how strong that thing is.

And Anguta's strong base damage and STP make it one of the easiest Aeonic Weapons to gear for- again falling back on the Sakpata argument of there's not a lot of STP on that gear, but its so good its worth adjusting other aspects of play to use it and stay alive.

Even Father Time (I did path B) can be amazing if you can constantly ride a good bursted Drain3. Pair that FUA with a ton of Double Attack, and now you've got a weapon that more times than not swings 3 times per attack round....and doesn't interfere with Sakpata.

...and in the end, its the Schere Earring for me that made Caladbolg become niche, not the scythes. Entropy is so good and means you can use that earring for all its wonderful reasons without worry about your MP.

This is why I caveated that I only really recently started playing DRK, literally finished Apoc yesterday. I currently only have Apoc and Father Time (I did Path B, as well). I plan on doing the others (except possibly Liberator, I'm currently on mythic burnout cooldown) soon, but neither really come close to the damage I get out of Calad. I get the utility angle, for sure and I see the value there, but that remains a niche use case.

The experimentation I did with Apoc seems to show a really unique and interesting playstyle, it has its uses no doubt, but it seems to me that with most current endgame content players are defaulting to use Calad over the scythe options and the damage output from the two scythes I've used doesn't really shine when compared to Calad, especially if you consider the way content like Sheol C and Omen are structured. Even with a large Drain III and using Father Time, damage from the scythe WS doesn't come close to Torcleaver. The skillchains you can pull off can end up doing great damage, but when you have several DDs lumping onto the same mob or it isn't going to live long enough to survive a multistep SC, that doesn't do much for you.

When I started reading other posts on the subject, most seem to continue pointing towards Calad for current endgame content over scythes, as well, which is why I drew the conclusion it was more niche than not. I was wavering on doing the empy scythe but after reading your post, I'll definitely do it.
By Nariont 2022-06-03 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dmg potential of redemption and liberator are very similar to calad, even better potentially due to scythes higher pdif with redemption even sharing the tp set of calad for the most part, but for redemption you're popping quitus for an3 then cross reaper at 2k~ from there on and fir lib its best tp set is not using sakpata making it squishier or running sakpata and blocking potential 3x oat. Calad build is just pop am3 and then continue torcing, its simple, and its not much different from the above 2 so calads going to be the go-to suggestion in what to use.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-03 17:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Counterpoint: Redemption is Chloris Buds path (that I refuse to do unless they put empy items back on login campaign one day XD), Calad is the glorious Carabossse/CC/Isegebind path.

Seriously though, this is some really good discussion and is making me rethink my plan to show my DRK some love and do Caladbolg for my next RMEA. Currently only have Apoc R15 for DRK REMA and was looking to do one of the DD powerhouse weapons. But hmmmm, this makes me wonder if I should adjust that plan.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-03 17:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's DRK, so you're gonna do a ton of damage no matter which weapon you choose. Scythes are more techy and fun, the GS is a monster though so. Any choice is a good one. (Anguta is effectively "free" and still puts out decent numbers)
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-03 17:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Counterpoint: Redemption is Chloris Buds path

Bugbear and Hotpot too...
By Nariont 2022-06-03 17:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats still better than having to take 1 step into the aby-tahr nm grind, whoever designed tgat zone was not having a good day.
[+]
By ryukin182 2022-06-03 17:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Give drk a scythe with proper mods on the ws that gives a reason to use scythes. Tired of GS honestly
By Nariont 2022-06-03 17:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mods are fine though? Outside of entropy but BLM or something, insurgency could be a little higher too but mod itself aint bad
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-03 18:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Yeah Murg for RDM does piercing autos butdeathblossom and everything else does slashing that would do physical damage.

Wait, what? Deathblossom using Murgleis is piercing?

Should have stated it that way. It would have been amazing if that were the case.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Red Mage prime Ammo that has more acc than Ullr so I can stop using it and losing my TP!

Lock that slot! I've got mine bound to a toggle on a less used controller button.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-03 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Give rng a bow that's good with a great ws.

I think Prime Weapons should buff the second 1hrs on job so each job has a specific one but.. Assets or something!!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-03 19:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Give rng a bow that's good with a great ws.

I think Prime Weapons should buff the second 1hrs on job so each job has a specific one but.. Assets or something!!

But they already did!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-03 21:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Thats still better than having to take 1 step into the aby-tahr nm grind, whoever designed tgat zone was not having a good day.

Got 50/50 of my Glavoid shells for Twashtar from login points! I wouldn't have it otherwise, IMO making Glavoid/Chloris pops can F right off (also the main reason I'm a-OK not making Verethragna, Godhands are just fine to me lol)

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's DRK, so you're gonna do a ton of damage no matter which weapon you choose. Scythes are more techy and fun, the GS is a monster though so. Any choice is a good one. (Anguta is effectively "free" and still puts out decent numbers)

I'm curious about whether Anguta is a bit underrated these days in a post-Sakpata/Schere world. Cele's post really made me think about that. Sakpata and Aeonic STP pair nicely and don't get in each other's way; and if you're using Entropy more often to keep MP up and enmity down with Schere, it's the best Entropy weapon...

For me though, I'll prob just stick to my Caladbolg plan (to go with the Apoc I already have). It's obviously still a beast, and it's a lot easier for me to make than any of the others. Already have a mythic in progress, I'm totally uninterested in Chloris grind (though this talk does make me pay more attention to Redemption), and I just turned in a Malformed Aeonic KI and my group isn't going to finish this Aeonic round and start another for months. Especially as someone who doesn't really prioritize DRK, Calad+Apoc would pretty much cover all my bases just fine.

Back onto the main topic though, Cele's posts have convinced me that Scythe is indeed one of the better implemented weapon types across the spread of RMEAs.

Another one that's pretty great is Marksmanship... All 5 of the Marksmanship RMEA have a well defined niche these days so they all have value. Not a bad one in the bunch.
* Annihilator: the superstar of enmity control, and especially with augments the damage is very solid
* Gastraphetes/Death Penalty: fantastic damage potential when light/dark elemental WS are effective
* Armageddon: white damage/crit monster, Wildfire, solid all-arounder (AGI+70 is no joke for any marksmanship WS)
* Fomalhaut: great physical damage bullets and Last Stand, solid all-arounder thanks to TP Bonus
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-06-03 23:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What I want in Prime Weapons:

not a better damage great katana than Masamune.

not a better Summoner BP staff than Nirvana.

not a better ranged damage for Cor than Physical: Armageddon, Magic: Death Penalty.

not a better tanking Run great sword than Epeolatry.

not a better full time club/geomancy than Idris.

not a weapon that forces me to change weapons all the time on melee.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-06-04 01:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages definately need some love this round of weapons... Would love to see crit damage II modifiers on a BLM staff and on empyrean +3 to make the Sroda Tathlum more impactful.

Ranger's first +269 skill axe?
[+]
By gargurty 2022-06-04 01:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just wanna see a new usefull geo club or maybe a new bell.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By gargurty 2022-06-04 03:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

geo regain bubble :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-04 03:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »
Multi hit club for WHM would be neat or maybe some sort of shield. Would prefer to never have staves used on WHM at all, wish that the bonanza one wasn't a staff right now.

It might be interesting to have the weapons do a different damage type than the base normally does.
shield for RDM GEO WHM BLM BRD onry. with appropriate stats for these mages, 10% DT and 10% FC at a minimum.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14