Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ramuh Ambuscade V1
Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
By Starbucks 2021-08-19 18:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What damage can QD do without DP? I did 4k with BiS gear and Wiz roll, why so low?
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-19 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea without DP, was hitting ~9k with DP(No MAB buffs), Can post your set cause maybe it is not BiS.
Edit: My QD set
Code
sets.precast.CorsairShot.Damage = {ammo=gear.QDbullet, head=gear.MABHead,
    body="Lanun Frac +3",
    hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
    legs=gear.LeadenLegs,
    feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
    neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Skrymir Cord +1",
    ear1="Friomisi Earring",
    ear2="Crematio Earring",
    left_ring="Fenrir Ring +1",
    right_ring="Dingir Ring",
   back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Magic Damage +10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
}

gear.MABHead={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}}
gear.LeadenLegs = { name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}}
gear.QDbullet = "Hauksbok Bullet"
Weapons: {main="Naegling",sub="Tauret",range="Death Penalty"}
By Starbucks 2021-08-19 18:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My herc head is better than yours and so are my legs, no bullet and no waist though.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-19 18:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
What damage can QD do without DP? I did 4k with BiS gear and Wiz roll, why so low?
Are you using Earth Shot? I tried Thunder Shot for shits and it was doing pretty pathetic damage compared to Earth. Not sure how other elements compare.
By Starbucks 2021-08-19 18:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it was Earth Shot as per previous suggestions in the thread, and this was on D. I don't think the 4k could be a half resist because it would mean I am doing 8k normally which sounds too high if DP does 9k.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 18:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You should verify your gearswap is equipping properly. Seems obvious, but thats the failure point far too often.

Also, was it a one off, cause if it called titan and put up stoneskin then maybe that's why. You aren't really giving much to go on.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-19 19:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My herc head is better than yours and so are my legs, no bullet and no waist though.
What you using for bullet and waist cause you most have something better and I should upgrade my set. Cause your set is BiS
By Starbucks 2021-08-19 19:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No Titan and I did several QD at ~4100.
By Starbucks 2021-08-19 19:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
What you using for bullet and waist cause you most have something better and I should upgrade my set. Cause your set is BiS
Well I don't have the belt (just MAB+7 one), and I wasn't using any MAB bullet so sure not BiS but nothing that explains 9k vs 4k? All I know is people claim it can be done in 2 QD which is >10k per QD.

I was doing VD with 2x COR and BRD/BLM ES sleeping np (not when I was on COR), but struggle to see how 1 COR can do it consistently if you hit 9k unresisted.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-19 20:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some updates of my solo attempts for this Ambu. I was able to successfully solo Normal with all my main jobs aside from WHM (duh :P), being SMN & THF on my main and WAR on my alt char. I don't have August or Ark Angels on my alt so it's a lil bit tougher, but still doable with Gessho tank for Ramuh part and for a bit on phase 2 till all 3 avatars are out. Then he gets toasted and had to War tank it the rest of the way.

Which is fine but slows down the DPS/drags out the fight and leads to higher chance of failure. Mainly due to some unlucky situations where 2 or 3 of the avatars use a heavy damage BP at same time for 1.5k to 2k each, even with capped DT and stacking magic defense bonus and elemental resistance gear. I even ate a Behemoth Sandwich for extra MDB lol. :| That definitely is the hardest part of N, once one of them are dead it's not too bad.

Normal is basically a joke on my SMN and manageable on THF, but also AA Elvaan or August for tank makes it a bit easier. Also Diabolos' Pavor Nocturnus gets rid of Ramuh shock spikes 100% and helps immensely, that stun sucks so bad on melee jobs. I'm pretty sure I could of killed the Doppleganger right away on N, but lame Carbuncle full healed it when I was in the middle of an apogee x2 Conflag Strikes and after that it summoned 2nd avatar. First CS got it down to like 30% HP. I'm gonna try Difficult next on my main and see how that goes. >_>;

Also side note, Eiryl thank you for making this thread, I really appreciate all the helpful info from everyone! I'm more of a lurker on here, but you and many others on these forums share very awesome content updates to help with FFXI in general. That guy who ***posted earlier was a total douchebag for like no good reason.
[+]
By secare 2021-08-20 00:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks, what gun and bullet were you using? It does make a difference of thousands of damage.

I tested on some TW mobs outside of town, not the doppelganger, but this should give you some idea of what difference the DP and hauksbok bullet make:
death penalty + hauksbok bullet = 9210
death penalty + chrono bullet = 8408
fomalhaut + hauksbok bullet = 7195
fomalhaut + chrono bullet = 6561
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-08-20 00:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, "no MAB bullet" is one thing, but the bullet DMG stat does influence QD damage, so you can't be doing it with Corsair bullets or something. Not sure why he hasn't just posted his QD set to take all the guessing out of it.

Edit: bgwiki says the hidden QD damage bonus from i119 Death Penalty is +60%, for reference.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-20 03:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chrono Bullet Dmg300 is better than a Living Bullets Dmg245 & Mab+35. And DI bullet recks them both.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 04:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Also, "no MAB bullet" is one thing, but the bullet DMG stat does influence QD damage, so you can't be doing it with Corsair bullets or something. Not sure why he hasn't just posted his QD set to take all the guessing out of it.

Edit: bgwiki says the hidden QD damage bonus from i119 Death Penalty is +60%, for reference.
Sorry, I meant to say I am using the exact same gear except for the belt and ammo (and that my head and legs are better - MAB+50 head and +46 legs) which I mentioned in my post. I was using Chrono bullet which I also assumed people would know was the default bullet with no DP.

Come to think about it though, I could have had TP Bonus gun equipped and not Foma - would that explain it?
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 04:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this could be done without DP with a setup like GEO/BLM COR WHM PLD DD DD fastest with GEO doing Indi Fury and Geo Frailty at first, then the GEO ES sleeps the summoner and does Geo Malaise and Indi Acumen, and the COR rolls Wizard then just does the 2 Earth shots. One of the DD could be BRD also.

I have seen people yelling to sell 2 slots - what 4 jobs would they be clearing it with? PLD RDM would be 2 of them I am guessing.
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2021-08-20 04:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the base dmg of the gun and bullet have a significant effect on QD damage. For me the tp bonus gun does nearly 2k less than fomal.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 04:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just swapped to Foma and did 1837 on both shots, with 5 Wiz roll and a good Macc roll on too. What am I doing wrong?
By SimonSes 2021-08-20 05:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just swapped to Foma and did 1837 on both shots, with 5 Wiz roll and a good Macc roll on too. What am I doing wrong?

Do it on low lvl mob. If it hits for low damage, then you have Gearswap issue. If it hits for a lot more, then you have macc issue.
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 05:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it would appear I was getting 1/4 damage resist but I am basically in BiS gear and a good Warlock's roll and it was only D. Probably not worth trying to kill the SMN with QD on COR without DP.
By SimonSes 2021-08-20 06:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Warlock roll is probably less significant than you think. Probably not more than like 40 macc? Do you use macc food? Whats macc augment on your herc head and legs? What weapons you are using?
No R15 DP and using Chrono Bullet alone is lack of +115 macc.
Have you tried Earth Threnody II (with and without NITRO).
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 06:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Roll Tracker says I got +78 Macc on the Warlock Roll but I know that is not perfectly accurate. Regal neck only, not dagger. I was using Naegling/Tauret and no macc food (sushi). I just checked and my MAB herc head is in Wardrobe 4 so I don't have access atm though so that would explain a bit. My legs have just +11.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-20 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You should verify your gearswap is equipping properly
Sounds like you should try this if you have not yet.

Also would just post your set to make sure you are not over looking something else.

Edit:
SimonSes said: »
I tried at least one kill with threnody up and didn't see any better damage on my part. No idea if Nitro or not.
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also would just post your set to make sure you are not over looking something else.

Edit:
I tried at least one kill with threnody up and didn't see any better damage on my part. No idea if Nitro or not.
Wouldn't help with damage but should help with accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-20 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You also need to watch for buffs on the smn, if you have Titan out and he does AoE Phalanx(Earthen Armor: Phalanx effect like Barrier Tusk that reduces damage by 45%)
By SimonSes 2021-08-20 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:
Wouldn't help with damage but should help with accuracy.

Yeah threnody was about countering Starbucks getting resist, not direct damage increase.

Threnody is probably the strongest support spell/ja in the game to improve macc/MEVA ratio against your target (beside some obvious things like elemental seal). Afaik it also make target resist against specific element being negative and afaik with negative resistance to some element you can't even have resist higher than 1/2 or something if I recall correctly.
By Starbucks 2021-08-20 12:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
You also need to watch for buffs on the smn, if you have Titan out and he does AoE Phalanx(Earthen Armor: Phalanx effect like Barrier Tusk that reduces damage by 45%)
I can't remember for sure, but that is interesting. -45% dmg is ridiculous.
By mhomho 2021-08-20 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly more for the COR thread, but:
How far away are people standing to pop off QD's? Would Orpheus Sash be best over Skyrmir +1?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-08-20 15:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it easier to just kill the initial add or two and the eseal terror the boss and kill him? seemed pretty easy that way.
By Malaketth 2021-08-20 16:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can kill it so many ways easily I’m not sure you’d call one better than the other. We talking about a fight where the actual engage time is like a minute.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10