Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-08-15 17:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm amazed by the way they have improved avatars ward pacts for this fight.
Aerial Armor: 6 shadows
Crimson Roar: Increases Attack by 30%
Crystal's Blessing: 250 TP Regain
Earthen Ward: 2500 HP Stoneskin
Earthen Armor: Phalanx effect like Barrier Tusk that reduces damage by 45%

For what it's worth, all these effects can be stolen with Atomos/Osmosis, even Stoneskin.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2021-08-15 18:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

For what it's worth, all these effects can be stolen with Atomos/Osmosis, even Stoneskin.

Been using Regulator for Shock Spikes, I think the auto has been getting those sick buffs too.
 Asura.Shiehna
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-15 19:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn that's an awesome discovery, thanks for the info! Definitely gonna make use of Atomos for that, and I'll test if THF Aura Steal works as well. Would be sweet if SE adjusted our ward pacts with those stats lol.
By Ruaumoko 2021-08-15 19:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes you wonder if SE is aware that BPs need an overhaul...
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-15 20:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

I agree, this is what our avatars buffs should do.
By macsdf1 2021-08-15 21:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We did run, blu, rdm, whm, bard, cor.
run up and sb him dead, blu osmosis spikes.

cor does fast run thing, rdm es sleep dopple, then rest kill spawns avatar. Then gravity, cor does regain roll till all got tp then stand next to him and request-the-cat him dead where he stands, along with some quickdraws from cor.. think run lunge it too or someting
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-08-16 01:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Right after a players Charm works on anything, and Mijin murders everything within sight. :|
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-16 02:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Right after a players Charm works on anything, and Mijin murders everything within sight. :|

Lol and they make Holy do 99k damage. D=
By SimonSes 2021-08-16 02:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Any Impaction, Fragmentation, L3 Light or Radiance SC will heal Rumah. The rest aren't such a big deal since they die super fast. People are using Savage Blade because it easily meets the requirements of the fight, not because they are some sort of stupid brain dead zombies.

Just do darkness against it. It does very good damage. Especially with Nyame. Blu can close darkness with Expiacion for example for really high damage (and Blu is used for this Ambu frequently anyway). DNC closing 3step with climactic Rudra would probably one shot Ramuh from above 50% bypassing whole bolt strike spam mechanic. MB is very effective too, including from jobs that might be there already for melee strategy like NIN, RDM, BLU or SMN.
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-08-16 06:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a sub 5 min VD strat that's easy to pull off without a crazy geared Cor using QD:

Paladin
Blue Mage/Blm
Bard/Blm
DD(cor is good for this spot for rolls)
DD
DD

Buff as normal at start, but save Blu's Unbridled learning for later in the fight. Diffusion Occultation(For conduit spam) or Erratic Flutter for haste 2 depending on your needs.

We used 2 bards(/whm and /blm), one with defensive songs and one with your standard offense songs, but you can replace one bard with a DD and have the Blu and Pld cure. Ideally, the Paladin will pull with flash into shield bash, or you can flash into Blu dispel (Rending deluge/osmosis). Ramuh should not last very long. He can Stunga for very long durations and will ignore hate during this, diffusion Occultation will not be wiped by this and can be used to prevent deaths when this happens. As Ramuh dies, players should pop a poison potion incase Shiva spawns.

Once you defeat Ramuh have the Bard use Elemental Seal and
lullaby the Doppleganger. After DDs finish off the 2nd Avatar, the Blu will use Elemental Seal/Unbridled learning and Absolute terror on the Doppleganger. From here you have about 30 seconds to kill the him. All DDs use Requiescat, and he should go down in a few seconds.
[+]
By Mrfluffy 2021-08-16 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk takes off the physical defense from the doppelganger, someone probably stated this already but I thought it was worth mentioning again.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-16 17:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Really easy month, most of our VD runs at ~3 minutes from zone in to zone out.

Paladin
DD
DD
COR
BRD
RDM/BLM

After buffs Paladin shield bash's the spikes then holds it as everyone WS's it until it dies. RDM does ES Gravity II while everyone kills any summon it might of gotten off then dog piles onto the summoner while it attempts to slooowwwwllly run away. Only dangerous part is if the Paladin loses hate during Astral Conduit. It's the frog all over again.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-16 18:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least last month was the hard one!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-18 11:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It doesn't run away on VE/E because it doesn't call more avatars. On N it can call more so it does that run away mechanic.

Not sure how many it calls on N it's probably all 7 on D/VD

To answer myself, it's +3 on N

Ramuh, then 3 avatars, 1 every like 2 minutes, plenty of time to kill each one, then the summoner. Pretty simple N kills, just like E kills, just not very fast. Literally just run from odin, it's pretty effortless to do N the slow way.

Edit; leviathan kinda blows, if it's being annoying spamming spring water for 50k every 22 seconds.

Not even sure D would be much harder just hadn't tried.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-18 11:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There is 0 reasons to make Normal slow way tho, unless maybe when solo on certain not optimal jobs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-18 12:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That part should have been obvious.

"there's no reason unless there's a reason"

The classic, you could do V1N with 6 whm/nins, there's no reason to solo and/or do E and/or ask for rema and/or be afraid of N and/or need a tank and/or some meta party and/or etc
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-08-18 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't run away on VE/E because it doesn't call more avatars. On N it can call more so it does that run away mechanic.

Not sure how many it calls on N it's probably all 7 on D/VD

Literally just run from odin, it's pretty effortless to do N the slow way.
Not even sure D would be much harder just hadn't tried.

I quit running from him, I died too many times trying to get far enough away. I save TP and switch targets, then one shot him with a WS if I can't do enough to finish off the SMN, I found it is safer and less error prone, he has basically no health and no damage reduction. As a NIN or DNC, I've never hit him with a WS that didn't immediately kill him even on VD.

IMO D isn't much more difficult if you can manage N, the hardest part is the increased stun duration from stunga as you go up and the increased damage from Bolt Strike (which is a bigger jump from D -> VD). It also seems like he puts spikes up more on higher difficulties, but it may just be because the fights are longer. When solo, I've just been waiting for them to expire rather than mess with dispelling them.

I also noticed if you silence the SMN while slept, it'll stop running after being woken up to use echo drops, which gives you a chance to hit it if you missed killing it the first time. If it gets below 50% and pops astral flow for Odin/Alexander, it'll also stay still, giving you a chance to beat on it before it pops another avatar. That may be an option if your QD sets aren't strong enough to do it quickly.
By SimonSes 2021-08-19 05:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I quit running from him, I died too many times trying to get far enough away.

Eiryl probably uses movement hack combined with JA0delay, so its easy to run away for him ;)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 07:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, but, you just run at astral flow, you dont wait for odin to spawn and you get away vanilla.

Run from flow. Not from odin. If you get far enough away alex's PD will miss the doppleganger so that's nice too.

(if you can't kill it)

Edit For the post below; I'm not even going to waste the post to reply to that, just ignore it. If you don't want to see what I have to say, then block me, idgaf, I encourage anyone to do so. Just don't *** about it.
[+]
By Mrxi 2021-08-19 09:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, but, you just run at astral flow, you dont wait for odin to spawn and you get away vanilla.

Run from flow. Not from odin. If you get far enough away alex's PD will miss the doppleganger so that's nice too.

(if you can't kill it)
Can you stop making these threads? your just some low quality RMT that can hardly speak english, no one likes you and your strat is spread out across 7+ pages. and your strat is boting ve with hacks and addons. half the forum haas you blocked i would assume, next time dont jump on it before its even out..
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-08-19 11:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is good to know, I wouldn't have thought Alex's PD would have made a difference how far away you were.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like everything else it has a range. Doppleganger starts chasing you before PD can go off, sometimes it misses. The ranges are extended for pacts to 30' it seems.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-19 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
Can you stop making these threads?
I mean make a better thread then? If you think Eiryl suck or something make better one. Not saying Eiryl is some amazing person, but its nice that a thread is always made and the title makes it easy to find later.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 12:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty was doing it but he just vanished into the aether again so instead of relying on a random to hold the pattern my hands are tied.

I'm a slave to my like of uniformity. I even had all the old threads titles changed to match formats.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-19 12:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

(if you can't kill it)
Can you stop making these threads? your just some low quality RMT that can hardly speak english, no one likes you and your strat is spread out across 7+ pages. and your strat is boting ve with hacks and addons. half the forum haas you blocked i would assume, next time dont jump on it before its even out..

Not a huge fan of Eiryl myself but them making a thread that helps everyone is a plus. Just because they made the thread doesn't stop anyone else from posting their strategies and it hasn't. Also even if his strat is spread out of 7 pages then read someone elses that is on one page. Even if someone else made the thread they could post their strat in that thread over 7 pages still. You're just attacking them to attack them at this point.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-19 13:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, hes definitely mellowed out a lot aince he first started posting here. These threads are usually very informative so no idea what he means unless he just felt like attacking him.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 13:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, this is the kind of stuff that isn't supposed to make it into this type of thread. I appreciate it, but it is unnecessary.

Thats why I said ignore it, instead of one shitpost, now the whole page is ruined and this is why no one back reads threads.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-19 16:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Its almost as if the strat of a brand new fight can change over the following days as new gimmicks and bypasses are discovered.

And it seems like he is updating his OP. Killing Alex/Odin wasnt mentioned up for a couple days after the fact, and its in his OP post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-19 16:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

your just some low quality RMT that can hardly speak english

You're.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10