New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ramuh Ambuscade V1
Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 10:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I would imagine with some fine tuning this goes down to 13 minutes on VD. Probably further if the secret to avoiding Stunga is discovered.

I think stunga has something to do with more than one target having hate on Ramuh, or more than one person DD it.

I don't think you can sleep anything other than Fenrir and Carbuncle. I had completely resist message on other avatars with lullaby (including Leviathan and Titan, which are dark aligned).
By iamaman 2021-08-11 10:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you have to kill the avatar(s) that are up after the Doppelganger dies on E+ or the fight won't end. The avatars that are up will use their Astral Flow abilities, at least I got hit with a 2500 Aerial Blast after the Doppelganger died on E.

Doppelganger will summon either Odin or Alexander quickly then use Perfect Defense or Odin's AoE death move. If (s)he dies before the move goes off, then it stays up and you still end up KOd (in the case of Odin).

Doppelganger resets hate also
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 10:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What is Bolt Strike? Is it a new bloodpact?

It's just Volt Strike with a letter changed in the name. Nothing fancy other than multi-hit TP move.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 10:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva spamming sleepga on Phase 2 is a real problem. We just got stuck in a Shiva Sleepga > Carbuncle Healing Ruby cycle that was inescapable. Eventually Fenrir stripped us all of enough buffs to kill us.

And yeah, we just tried sleeping them on VD. All completely immune. Nix that part.

Also nix "elegy stops Stunga". Was immediately debunked in our next run.

Back to the drawing board.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-08-11 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think stunga has something to do with more than one target having hate on Ramuh, or more than one person DD it.
We only had SAM DDing it and he still did Stunga, and there's no way to have only 1 person with enmity on it, right? Since everybody is on the enmity list as soon as they zone into Ambu, I thought.
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 10:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

iamaman said: »
Looks like you have to kill the avatar(s) that are up after the Doppelganger dies on E+ or the fight won't end. The avatars that are up will use their Astral Flow abilities, at least I got hit with a 2500 Aerial Blast after the Doppelganger died on E.

Doppelganger will summon either Odin or Alexander quickly then use Perfect Defense or Odin's AoE death move. If (s)he dies before the move goes off, then it stays up and you still end up KOd (in the case of Odin).

Doppelganger resets hate also

You just wrote the same thing that I did few posts ago. It's worth checking thread first
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 10:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
SimonSes said: »
We only had SAM DDing it and he still did Stunga, and there's no way to have only 1 person with enmity on it, right? Since everybody is on the enmity list as soon as they zone into Ambu, I thought.

Might be also connected with how many people is in range of stunga. Initially I tho that my automaton tanked it and didn't lose hate when he got hit with stunga with none in the 30 yalms around Ramuh, but now I think Ramuh just haven't used stunga once for 3 minutes when Automaton was tanking it with none near them.
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 10:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva spamming sleepga on Phase 2 is a real problem. We just got stuck in a Shiva Sleepga > Carbuncle Healing Ruby cycle that was inescapable. Eventually Fenrir stripped us all of enough buffs to kill us.

And yeah, we just tried sleeping them on VD. All completely immune. Nix that part.

Also nix "elegy stops Stunga". Was immediately debunked in our next run.

Back to the drawing board.

I just clicked blink off, got hit and used white wind to wake everyone. If you have PLD tank you should be able to do the same with majesty cure right?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 10:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We ranged ambu boys now?
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-08-11 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a reason to blow dust of my rng?!
By missdivine 2021-08-11 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this with 5 pups and 1 cor VD, slashing damage gets resisted in this ambu btw
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 11:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Just did this with 5 pups and 1 cor VD, slashing damage gets resisted in this ambu btw

I think all melee damage is reduced by 50%.
By joemamma 2021-08-11 11:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You nerds still at it keep up the good fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-08-11 11:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So how do you deal with Odin's SP ?
 Asura.Setho
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2021-08-11 11:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/heal
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-11 12:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill it before the SMN AF
By Heghmoh 2021-08-11 12:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried defense stacking the Odin AF like in the HTMB?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 12:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We took several steps back, ended up toying with all different kinds of builds.

BLM & SCH absolutely smoke Ramuh on VD, but ran into a brick wall in Phase 2. Fenrir took 3000 from a fully juiced Thunder 6 MB. Just couldn't get any traction on anything in Phase 2. Dead in a ditch.

RNG strategy also worked pretty well on Phase 1. But again, RNG ended up sucking major wang on Phase 2. Couldn't get any traction. Last Stand damage was absolutely pathetic. Coronach was cheeks too. It would have taken herculean effort to kill just one, let alone all of them.

From several attempts and tinkering, we gathered plenty of evidence that "Stunga" is triggered by anybody (including GEO bubble) being within 20' of the tank. At the very least, there is a correlation to the tank being isolated to the amount of stunga's happening. Though he never stopped doing Stunga completely. I think it's also just a regular TP move available to him. So you can trigger Stunga by being too close OR Ramuh can just use Stunga as a regular TP move and therefore everything is ruined.

Stunga is not linked to TP feeding either. Maybe it has to do with amount of people engaged to him?

Lastly, sometimes PLD just gets clapped by Bolt Strike for any number of reasons. Conduit has no warning or animation. If the tank isn't paying attention, he is two Bolt Strikes deep and dead. Sometimes Sentinel gets paralyzed. Sometimes Stunga > immediate Bolt Strike spam when everybody is stunned for 10-25 seconds.

It puts otherwise promising runs right into the bin.

Unless somebody cracks the code on this alleged "new mechanic", it might be another D month where you can mindlessly spam savage blade with no tank and win in 5 minutes.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-11 12:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring a Smn and af/ac to lock him out! >.>
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-11 12:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried on RDM, ramuh resist just about every debuff. Only slow and inundation lands,was able to land frazzle3 with stymie, but wasn't able to land anything else even with r15 murg/focus/languor. Paralyze completely resist. On other avatar like leviathan also completely resist slow.

Enspell damage with crocea is good, got around 840 enstone damage vs ramuh, and also about 840-900 damage vs other avatar with their respective elemental weakness enspell. Fenrir/Carby resist enspell damage
By Malaketth 2021-08-11 13:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The smn will not call out avatars if he is being kited.. so have your brd kite the smn while dealing with Avatars one at a time. Shadows seem to work wonders for bolt strike cause multihit. Blade: CHI is not bad on Ramuh but its not 99k broken either. Expect around 30k from it buff dependent. Knowing the kite portion means you only really need to worry with getting one shot bopped from a bolt strike, or kill the actual SMN too slow and he gets an odin off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We decided to stop getting cute and just brute force it.

PLD/WAR/WAR/COR/WHM/BRD

2/2 on just pushing the idiot to Conduit immediately. Just everybody bum rush him at once, fight him where he stands. The first time we used Asylum, but he didn't Stunga once. The second time we didn't use Asylum and he didn't Stunga once either. The period of time between engaging and pushing to Conduit is very small.

The avatars melt on Phase 2 with 4 people spamming Savage Blade.

VD clear in 6 minutes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 13:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The final update: PLD Shield Bash with relic gloves is what is dispelling Shock Spikes 100% of the time which also disables Stunga. Shock Spikes down = no Stunga.

Case is closed, boys. Get the pentagon on the horn and tell'em how to take these *** down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-08-11 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir can be slept with Repose on VD.
By iamaman 2021-08-11 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Malaketth said: »
Shadows seem to work wonders for bolt strike cause multihit. Blade: CHI is not bad on Ramuh but its not 99k broken either. Expect around 30k from it buff dependent. Knowing the kite portion means you only really need to worry with getting one shot bopped from a bolt strike, or kill the actual SMN too slow and he gets an odin off.

I tried tanking him on VD with NIN and it didn't go well, mainly because I was constantly stunned and couldn't keep casting shadows. It looks like it takes 3 of them per round, but I was stunned from hitting him. I don't think I was getting stunned from Bolt Strike, so if you could disengage and still keep hate (maybe /BLM or /BLU) then you could probably do it. I don't think he does it fast enough to eat through shadows if your FC is high enough (I was able to keep them up when I wasn't stunned).

Sounds like the dispel via PLD and SB is the better route though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 13:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh uses his Blood Pacts on timer, every ~22 seconds, starting from when he uses his first Lightning Armor. 'Feeding TP' is not a thing.
Stunga does not cause him to go to the second person on hate list, but it does remove the main target's hate. Who he targets is random. He can use Stunga between his other Blood Pacts.
Bolt Strike can be blocked with 3 shadows.
Light skillchains healed Ramuh, Distortion did not. It could be any light-aligned SC
I resisted stun from Shock Spikes very frequently using Tellus runes, but it was not guaranteed.

Malaketth said: »
he gets an odin off
You can kill the summoner before Zantetsuken goes off. Funny thing is Odin will still kill you from Zantetsuken anyways, but Odin will despawn and you will win the fight.

iamaman said: »
It looks like it takes 3 of them per round, but I was stunned from hitting him. I don't think I was getting stunned from Bolt Strike, so if you could disengage and still keep hate (maybe /BLM or /BLU) then you could probably do it.
NIN doesn't need to engage if you are tanking. Yonin and cycle shadows. The enmity generation from shadows alone is enough to keep his attention. Can't get stunned from spikes if you don't hit him. Sirvente if you need extra hate, but shouldn't.

Elshimo Pachira Fruits or Poison potion and Shiva is a non-issue. Killing Leviathan and Carbuncle first if there is a number of avatars is better, since they will use frequent heals on the pack.

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Fenrir can be slept with Repose on VD.
Lullaby also works, resisted on everything else. Probably makes sense to sleep Fenrir and kill the others, since a full buff would be problematic.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-08-11 13:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Geomancy penalty in this one like many of the other newly implemented V1's?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10