New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ramuh Ambuscade V1
Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By Seun 2021-08-11 18:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Has anyone tested PUP's disruptor or regulator? If they both work then that could be a good way to keep him dispelled.

Didn't work for me. Tested on VD several times, no dice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 19:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does the same thing apply to Voracious Trunk, or is it specific to dispel moves that deal damage?
Voracious Trunk resisted in my single attempt.

That kind of debunks my elemental resistance theory then. Interesting information about Osmosis. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-11 19:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP can dispel/absorb VD Odin, so that's odd if it can't Ramuh
[+]
By iamaman 2021-08-11 19:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
It might just have to do with how fast he dies, as you mentioned before. Usually it only takes 1 volley of Savage Blades to get him into his "conduit" range, and he dies while he is still spamming Bolt Strike.

Yea, that's what I'm leaning towards, that it is random and when he drops into conduit range that quickly, you don't see the stunga. I couldn't find a pattern given that it would proc right at the start, with spikes up, with spikes down, and with no time/hp/damage marker that I could find.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 19:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vanian said: »
Been soloing on Warrior on easy and the summoner has low HP but some sort of damage resist, Tommahawk cancels it though

All of the avatars seem to have at least -50% PDT, similar to other Avatars from HTBF.

Anyone know if Tomahawk works on Ramuh himself? That would help out a lot for the initial zerg, since that's really the only challenging part of the fight.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 19:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
We also just stopped bringing a WHM
Haven't actually done this fight with a group yet, but I'm wondering how WARs are living through Bolt Strike spam if Ramuh ignores the tank during that phase? Is everyone /nin?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 19:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't ignore the tank during conduit. It's after stunga blood pact that he resets hate on the main target. The idea is to get him to conduit phase before he uses stunga, so the rune or paladin can battuta or whatever to negate the physical damage. Stunga+conduit is basically a dead DD, and even a rune tank if he uses battuta but gets stunned from spikes in between melee swings.

His blood pacts are timed though, so you have a window of time to push him to conduit before he potentially uses a stunga.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 19:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes things easy, then. Thanks.
By Shichishito 2021-08-11 19:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is enough to satisfy you, but here's Osmosis stealing Shock Spikes while completely naked on VD.
sounds conclusive. guess i'll midcast osmosis in fastcast set from now on. thank you very much!
 Cerberus.Shaunessy
Server: Cerberus
user: Schalac
By Cerberus.Shaunessy 2021-08-11 20:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figured out what causes Odin or Alex to pop yet? And why certain ones pop?
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-08-11 21:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a video going over my findings from this new Intense Ambuscade from a Red Mage and Ninja perspective. Normal Solo's are pretty easy this month which is a nice treat. Should be a fun month, hope this helps.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-11 23:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternative spot for KI is Reisenjima warp six Wanton Danaid
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-08-12 01:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue mage seems to be very good for this ambuscade. Rending Deluge is able to dispel any of the avatar's buffs, including Ramuh's shock spikes, even on VD and I was never resisted a single time with it. Also it looks like Requiescat is better to use on the Doppleganger, since it seems to have damage resistance on VD, my r15 Expiations were doing like 3k and my Requiescats were doing 8k.
[+]
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-08-12 02:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Siren.Vanian said: »
Been soloing on Warrior on easy and the summoner has low HP but some sort of damage resist, Tommahawk cancels it though

All of the avatars seem to have at least -50% PDT, similar to other Avatars from HTBF.

Anyone know if Tomahawk works on Ramuh himself? That would help out a lot for the initial zerg, since that's really the only challenging part of the fight.

Don't think it does, I did try it on normal but didn't notice any difference. It does work on subsequent summons though as it was the only way I could get carbunkle down with his healing ruby spam
By SimonSes 2021-08-12 03:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
Blue mage seems to be very good for this ambuscade. Rending Deluge is able to dispel any of the avatar's buffs, including Ramuh's shock spikes, even on VD and I was never resisted a single time with it. Also it looks like Requiescat is better to use on the Doppleganger, since it seems to have damage resistance on VD, my r15 Expiations were doing like 3k and my Requiescats were doing 8k.

wow very interesting find about Rending. I wonder what's the reason for it to land. One thing that comes to my mind is that Ramuh probably has water absorb, so maybe its SDT is actually set to +150%, so water debuff lands easily and Rending might be water based dispel. You can see similar situation in Lilith fight, where she absorb darkness damage in first form, but every dark based debuff lands easily.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-12 09:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason Osmosis lands.
By SimonSes 2021-08-12 09:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason Osmosis lands.

You mean on Lilith or Ramuh?
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-12 09:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

On Ramuh. Talked about it last page.
By SimonSes 2021-08-12 11:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On Ramuh. Talked about it last page.

Totally missed that. Great things. I wonder if that applies to other additional effects on damaging spells then? If not then why dispel is different?
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-12 11:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I wonder if that applies to other additional effects on damaging spells
It doesn't, as I imagine everyone's experienced Tenebral Crush's Def Down or Anvil Lightning's Stun effects not landing. I can't give a reason for why Dispel is different as I don't know myself.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-12 12:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I wonder if that applies to other additional effects on damaging spells
It doesn't, as I imagine everyone's experienced Tenebral Crush's Def Down or Anvil Lightning's Stun effects not landing. I can't give a reason for why Dispel is different as I don't know myself.

Because they can code for Dispel to not work. Simple.
By Heghmoh 2021-08-12 12:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shield Bash does remove lightning armor, but it definitely does not stop Stunga. He can / will recast stunga even with lightning armor down / before re-casting lightning armor.

My paladin just has priwen, no aegis or ochain...taking 4k+ Bolt Strikes when capped DT.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-12 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
lmao
Remember which dev's you're talking about.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-12 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
Shield Bash does remove lightning armor, but it definitely does not stop Stunga. He can / will recast stunga even with lightning armor down / before re-casting lightning armor.

My paladin just has priwen, no aegis or ochain...taking 4k+ Bolt Strikes when capped DT.

Yeah, I had to explain to my LS yesterday that blocking drops the damage from Bolt Strike significantly. Whenever I didn't block, damage spiked into the 2,000's.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-12 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
lmao
Remember which dev's you're talking about.

Yes. I joke about how bad they are much as the next person but I think people overlook the fact that they can create some really cool battle mechanics even in 2021 when they devote actual Dev Time to it.
By Heghmoh 2021-08-12 12:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ah interesting. yeah i take 0 in D, 4k in VD. perhaps need better block chance
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-12 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
ah interesting. yeah i take 0 in D, 4k in VD. perhaps need better block chance

My LS group threw me into the deep end on VD first run. I forgot to swap out of my Priwen in prebuffs, but still took 0's on blocks.

Wasn't using my Block+ build, so I'll test that out later tonight. Outside of TP moves, the avatars hit like toilet paper on PLD anyway.
 Asura.Pataruru
user: Pataruru
By Asura.Pataruru 2021-08-12 15:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just clearing VD in a JP party, and they had a very good strategy. Composition was:PLD/BRD/WHM/COR/WAR/RDM. I'm not sure if this is intended, but you can end the fight after killing only one avatar. When the Doppelganger spawned, the RDM would sleep or chase it while we killed the first avatar. After the first avatar dies, we made sure the Doppelganger had gravity, paralyze, dia, etc. and would zerg it down with Requiescat. It's very easy to kill while it has gravity on. No other avatars are summoned and it's a win if you kill him like this.
By Heghmoh 2021-08-12 15:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS group threw me into the deep end on VD first run. I forgot to swap out of my Priwen in prebuffs, but still took 0's on blocks.

Wasn't using my Block+ build, so I'll test that out later tonight. Outside of TP moves, the avatars hit like toilet paper on PLD anyway.

I also suck at paladin and might not have had reprisal up or anything
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-12 15:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pataruru said: »
Was just clearing VD in a JP party, and they had a very good strategy. Composition was:PLD/BRD/WHM/COR/WAR/RDM. I'm not sure if this is intended, but you can end the fight after killing only one avatar. When the Doppelganger spawned, the RDM would sleep or chase it while we killed the first avatar. After the first avatar dies, we made sure the Doppelganger had gravity, paralyze, dia, etc. and would zerg it down with Requiescat. It's very easy to kill while it has gravity on. No other avatars are summoned and it's a win if you kill him like this.

It's a known strat, only thing that stops it from being the go-to is the Odin chance when it 2hours

Or did it for some reason not alex/odin?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10