First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2022-08-12 00:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
Are there any options for a Savage Blade set that isn't just Nyame?

It’s not explicitly stated anywhere in this guide but if you want options this isn’t the guide for you. This is less of a guide and more of a visual aid for me personally. It was just being shared around at one point and I just threw it up for everyone.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-12 00:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. Regardless, it is very helpful to see what I should be aiming for. Much appreciated.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2022-08-12 01:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Correction, I did explicitly state it at the very top of the OP. Glad you’re finding it at least half useful.
[+]
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2022-08-23 23:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For the healing sets, should Beatific earring be replaced with Regal earring since the 10 MND would do more for heals than the 4 Healing Magic skill?
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2022-08-23 23:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Athen said: »
For the healing sets, should Beatific earring be replaced with Regal earring since the 10 MND would do more for heals than the 4 Healing Magic skill?

Have not updated anything for the healing sets since MLs release.

Haven't got around to it
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-08-30 00:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With composure up, this set did a 19 minute haste 2 with crooked 11 Naturalists roll up on other people:

input /equip legs "Leth. Fuseau +1";
input /equip ear1 "Lethargy Earring";
input /equip head "Leth. Chappel +1";
input /equip main "Colada"; (+4%)
input /equip ammo "Impatiens";
input /equip ear2 "Malignance Earring";
input /equip ring1 "Stikini Ring +1";
input /equip ring2 "Stikini Ring +1";
input /equip back "Ghostfyre Cape"; (+20%)
input /equip waist "Embla Sash";
input /equip neck "Dls. Torque +2";
input /equip body "Lethargy Sayon +1";
input /equip feet "Leth. Houseaux +2";
input /equip sub "Ammurapi Shield";
input /equip hands "Atrophy Gloves +3";
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-08-30 00:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
With composure up, this set did a 19 minute haste 2 with crooked 11 Naturalists roll up on other people:

input /equip legs "Leth. Fuseau +1";
input /equip ear1 "Lethargy Earring";
input /equip head "Leth. Chappel +1";
input /equip main "Colada";
input /equip ammo "Impatiens";
input /equip ear2 "Malignance Earring";
input /equip ring1 "Stikini Ring +1";
input /equip ring2 "Stikini Ring +1";
input /equip back "Ghostfyre Cape";
input /equip waist "Embla Sash";
input /equip neck "Dls. Torque +2";
input /equip body "Lethargy Sayon +1";
input /equip feet "Leth. Houseaux +2";
input /equip sub "Ammurapi Shield";
input /equip hands "Atrophy Gloves +3";

Nice. I was messing around in Sortie qeue with my COR. Was able to get 18 minutes on haste2 with crooked11's, and 23 minute Phalanx2's.

I have a 19% ghostfyre cape, and no lethargy earring though ; ;.

Def changes the segment prebuff game
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Anierr
user: Anier
By Asura.Anierr 2022-11-10 22:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SO the Death blossom set.... you should rethink the nyame.
recently tried it in my sets. with murgleis i find better numbers with my old set which was basically critrate/critdmg/triple attack.
made much better numbers 30k+ pretty regularly
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-11-11 10:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your Nyame actually augmented? path B? It should be pretty far ahead of most other options I'd think.

Death Blossom can't crit so critrate/dmg does nada. Triple atk. is probably not completely terrible with the mythic multiplier to DB, but you should already have somewhere in the 30-38% range just from temper2 and, that failing, possibly am3 on top too. So don't know how valuable it'd actually be in your ws set.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-11 10:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anierr said: »
SO the Death blossom set.... you should rethink the nyame.

[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-11 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
Is your Nyame actually augmented? path B? It should be pretty far ahead of most other options I'd think.

Death Blossom can't crit so critrate/dmg does nada. Triple atk. is probably not completely terrible with the mythic multiplier to DB, but you should already have somewhere in the 30-38% range just from temper2 and, that failing, possibly am3 on top too. So don't know how valuable it'd actually be in your ws set.

Mythic multiplier to WS has no effect on how effective is da/ta for that WS and AM3 makes any da and ta in gear less valuable too.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-11 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Get as much STR/MND and atk as you can, have temper 2 up. Pretend the numbers are good.

At least with Nyame you have decent m.acc for the additional effect. There is definitely better fragmentation and distortion for swords on RDM.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-11-11 21:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Mythic multiplier to WS has no effect on how effective is da/ta for that WS
Was under the impression the mythic multiplier/augment affected all hits, my bad if I'm wrong on that.

AM3 makes any da and ta in gear less valuable too.
Isn't this pretty much exactly what I said?
By SimonSes 2022-11-12 08:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
Was under the impression the mythic multiplier/augment affected all hits, my bad if I'm wrong on that.

You are not wrong, it affects all hits, but that include main hit too. If you multiply all hits by same amount, then nothing really changes for how effective is da/ta relatively to main hit and total damage.
By Trigue 2022-12-01 17:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a GearSwap .lua for RDM utilizing dualwield sets?
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2022-12-01 20:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This lua is quite nice.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53934/a-rdm-gearswap

And by quite nice I mean ultimate <.< imo anyway
[+]
By Trigue 2022-12-02 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-12-02 11:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone compared physical options for rdm recently? How does Almace and Excalibur r15 compare to naegling when single wielding or thibron offhand isn’t feasible?
By Trigue 2022-12-02 14:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an issue with a keybind to f10 for toggling magic burst set in that lua. Anyone else come across this problem?
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2022-12-02 15:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The lua detects when there's a SC and activates your MB set automatically. You can toggle if you want the lua to decide the element of the mb (gs c nuke tier#) or not, but i dont know that you can toggle the MB set to activate w/o a MB
By SimonSes 2022-12-02 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Has anyone compared physical options for rdm recently? How does Almace and Excalibur r15 compare to naegling when single wielding or thibron offhand isn’t feasible?

You have +70acc from Composure and possible +25 fro merits.
Saboteur Distract III with bis gear is at least -273 evasion on NMs and like at least -419 on trash mobs (at least -196 without Saboteur on trash). There is not much scenario where Thibron isnt feasible beside scenario where dual wield isn't possible, like Gaol NMs. Single wielding without buffs, Naegling is probably better, because of attack boost. Single wielding with buffs? For raw WS damage Excalibur is better until like 1200TP or less. With like up to 39%TA from just Temper II and massive store TP, it's kinda hard not to get TP overflow to or above 1200. So I think Excalibur is more for when you need Fusion or 2-3 step Light SC. Single wielding Almace is probably kinda bad. Lack of good crit damage both in gear and natively is pretty bad and even high TA rate isn't enough imo. RDM's CDC set also lacks tons of survivability and attack, so it would be much harder to cap attack with it, even with buffs. AM wouldnt do much. RDM's physical white damage per hit is pretty bad.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2022-12-02 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You have +70acc from Composure and possible +25 fro merits.
Saboteur Distract III with bis gear is at least -273 evasion on NMs and like at least -419 on trash mobs (at least -196 without Saboteur on trash). There is not much scenario where Thibron isnt feasible beside scenario where dual wield isn't possible, like Gaol NMs. Single wielding without buffs, Naegling is probably better, because of attack boost. Single wielding with buffs? For raw WS damage Excalibur is better until like 1200TP or less. With like up to 39%TA from just Temper II and massive store TP, it's kinda hard not to get TP overflow to or above 1200. So I think Excalibur is more for when you need Fusion or 2-3 step Light SC. Single wielding Almace is probably kinda bad. Lack of good crit damage both in gear and natively is pretty bad and even high TA rate isn't enough imo. RDM's CDC set also lacks tons of survivability and attack, so it would be much harder to cap attack with it, even with buffs. AM wouldnt do much. RDM's physical white damage per hit is pretty bad.

How would Sequence fare in this scenario?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-02 18:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure physical damage it's going to be Naegling / Thibron, for magic it's Crocea / Daybreak and Seraph. Lately I've been finding Excal really useful for KoR's fusion property, with Nyame it's decent WS damage wise.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2022-12-02 18:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

For pure physical damage it's going to be Naegling / Thibron, for magic it's Crocea / Daybreak and Seraph. Lately I've been finding Excal really useful for KoR's fusion property, with Nyame it's decent WS damage wise.
In scenarios where Thibron isn't an option, just use Thibron.

Edit: Being generous I could see people seeing that as two separate questions, but it doesn't read that way to me.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-02 20:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything being said also lines up with my experiences. Naegling, Maxentius, or Mandau/Tauret is winner for raw numbers in their damage type. Excal is nice for diversiy and utility.

White damage on RDM is abysmal, enspell damage is amazing. Almace can't shine that turd. CDC numbers get decent with a Thib offhand, otherwise nothing amazing. Consider losing a small amount of damage for DT or else risk being a speed bump trying to close light.

Sequence died the second Naegling came out. The only unique thing that it brings is Req Umbras. Those hit poorly and then have an element attached which defeats the only niche of the sword/ws. At least Thib in either hand can give tp bonus to Ullr.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-12-03 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. I find i'm single wielding often with rdm/drk for Aminon farming and no sub in gaol, but i'll admit the requirement for physical rdm is pretty low in those scenarios. Sounds like I should stay content with the current options for now and hope prime sword and/or dagger brings something interesting!
By SimonSes 2022-12-03 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. I find i'm single wielding often with rdm/drk for Aminon farming and no sub in gaol, but i'll admit the requirement for physical rdm is pretty low in those scenarios. Sounds like I should stay content with the current options for now and hope prime sword and/or dagger brings something interesting!

But wait you physical damage Aminon on RDM? Am I missing something?
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-12-03 18:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that he meant that being rdm/drk make him unable to use DW
By SimonSes 2022-12-03 19:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »

I think that he meant that being rdm/drk make him unable to use DW

I know, but it should be irrelevant in that specific scenario. RDM only debuffs/buffs/impact/absorbTP/cures there and all unnecessary TP feed is very bad, so single wield physical options shouldn't be something to worry about.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-03 19:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, but it should be irrelevant in that specific scenario. RDM only debuffs/buffs/impact/absorbTP/cures there and all unnecessary TP feed is very bad, so single wield physical options shouldn't be something to worry about.
It's irrelevant for the ~20mins you are actually fighting Aminon, but relevant for the other 40 minutes that you are doing other bosses and objectives. Without knowing their party composition and tactics, I can only assume they asked because they felt their performance was lacking outside of Aminon, not that they intended to melee it.
[+]