RDM end game gear guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-07 16:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s been constantly linked to in other threads so here it is for a little better access. It’s not complete nor hashed out entirely. Some things don’t belong and I’ve not had the time to fix.

All that said, if you expect to find side grades, downgrades, or other options aside from whatever is listed below you’re not going to find it here. Below is all of the gear I personally use for RDM. Not every set listed is what should be used for x-scenario. I’ve attached a link to my personal lua at the end as well if you need it but I have not uploaded the updated version.
Node 349
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-07 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

-Figure skill totals and adjust sets accordingly accounting for ML50.

-Rework TP sets.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-07 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Very very cool sets.

I'd say Odnowa +1 is probably go to for all your idle sets at this point. Definitely replaces Genmei in the hybrid refresh idle. Refresh III and gear is so potent I rarely run out of MP, so the loss of MP from Odnowa doesn't bother me much. I can't remember the last time I actually ran out of MP and had to Convert really.

In your max DT idle, you're way over cap, 20% PDT I mean. I'd recommend Warder's Charm +1 and Slipor Sash for replacements.

For curing sets, it's so easy to cap CP without weapon/sub I generally try not to have those slots in there.

For nuking, Marin Staff +1 might be slightly stronger than club/shield
[+]
By kerith7537 2020-10-07 16:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say thanks for these, they've been super helpful when trying to figure out what items to try and track down over others!
 Ragnarok.Takomunch
Server: Ragnarok
user: lyrminas
By Ragnarok.Takomunch 2020-10-07 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-07 18:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Very very cool sets.

I'd say Odnowa +1 is probably go to for all your idle sets at this point. Definitely replaces Genmei in the hybrid refresh idle. Refresh III and gear is so potent I rarely run out of MP, so the loss of MP from Odnowa doesn't bother me much. I can't remember the last time I actually ran out of MP and had to Convert really.

In your max DT idle, you're way over cap, 20% PDT I mean. I'd recommend Warder's Charm +1 and Slipor Sash for replacements.

For curing sets, it's so easy to cap CP without weapon/sub I generally try not to have those slots in there.

For nuking, Marin Staff +1 might be slightly stronger than club/shield

I’ve not messed with the idle sets in months. So you’re probably spot on there.

Cure sets I basically tossed whatever there as “normally” I am sub NIN and I lock my weapons so I don’t lose tp etc reasons.

Same with the nuking sets. Usually sub NIN and if I do ever burst my weapons aren’t swapping anyway.
By Korgull 2020-10-07 18:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the node i always refer to when i need to tweak stuff on my RDM. Thanks a lot!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-08 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I understand you're SIRD set.

I'm only counting 99% SIRD in the set if you count merits and put -10% on the cape. Nevermind, I missed the 5% on R15 Loricate Torque +1 You're 3% short of capping it. I think this set also doubles as a midcast set for casting aquaveil. You could get the remaining SIRD from a halasz earring or Item Not Found!. You probably wouldn't want Shedir Pants in there except if you are casting aquaveil, so you could also get 20% from carmine cuisses +1 and swap the cape to DT or PDT or something instead of SIRD. Noted, Amalric Coif +1/Regal Cuffs/Shedir Seraweels are only in the set if you're casting Aquaveil right?
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-08 10:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The sird set which isn’t actually labeled correctly is only for when you are casting aquaveil in my own lua I have 2 midcasts for aquaveil specifically for when it’s up and when it’s down. If I feel like it’s even necessary to cast it to begin with. I don’t often find myself in situations where the extreme fast cast granted to rdm isn’t enough to get a spell off in time before an interruption would be a real issue personally. I literally don’t use sird for anything other than getting aquaveil back up should I need it. The other gear choices is just an effort to maximize the aquaveil effect and boost DT as I am utilizing some weaker defensive items such as the legs.
Code
 	--AQUAVEIL DOWN
	sets.midcast.Aquaveil = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
	ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
	head="Amalric Coif +1",
	neck="Loricate Torque +1",
	ear1="Genmei Earring",
	ear2="Etiolation Earring",
	body="Rosette Jaseran +1",
	hands="Regal Cuffs",
	ring1="Ayanmo Ring",
	ring2="Defending Ring",
	back="Sucellos's Cape",
	waist="Emphatikos Rope",
	legs="Shedir Seraweels",
	feet="Amalric Nails +1"})

--AQUAVEIL UP
	sets.midcast.Aquaveil.up = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
	head="Amalric Coif +1",
	hands="Regal Cuffs",
	legs="Shedir Seraweels",
	waist="Emphatikos Rope"})

also I have zero idea how exactly enhancing skill plays a factor specifically for aquaveil Rae I’d probably utilize like malignance or something to that effect in the midcast.aquavil.up
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-08 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you just need 355 skill for maximum from skill, so it caps on it's own. Yeah, I was thinking DT in slots that were optional.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-08 11:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you just need 355 skill for maximum from skill, so it caps on it's own. Yeah, I was thinking DT in slots that were optional.
If that’s the case yeah some edits shall need to be made
By Thunderjet 2020-10-08 16:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried to get into this job >.> wasted gill for neck too, should have bought a balder earring +1 instead "sigh"
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-08 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
should have bought a balder earring +1 instead
why
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-10-08 17:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
i tried to get into this job >.> wasted gill for neck too, should have bought a balder earring +1 instead "sigh"

Why was it wasted? This is among the most useful jobs and arguably one of the most fun in the game.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-08 17:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I’ve definitely dumped more time money and resources into rdm than any other job for sure but it entirely depends on how you intend to play it same as any other. But that’s the thing about some jobs too, as soon as there’s a magic factor the cost goes through the roof to accommodate all the different sets. But no regerts here.

Also I have a balder+1 and almost never use it. Buy it!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [104 days between previous and next post]
By Masaru 2021-01-20 05:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

what's better path A or D for "Amalric Doublet +1" and "Amalric Slops +1" in the magic WS sets?
This "Khonsu Strap" in your healing sets must be a mistake, because RDM can't equip it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-20 09:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically path D. Path B will be more consistent though, but I find that I don't need macc as much for WS. Other people may have different experiences.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-01-20 10:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanya feet augmented are technically better for cursna than Gendewitha due to the increase in healing magic skill. I remember this from gearing up whm cursna sets several years ago even if I don't remember the exact ratios involved. If there are extenuating circumstances let me know.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-20 16:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I got what you meant, but Healing+40 is roughly ~2% more cursna chance.

It depends on how much base skill you have but in general Cursna+5 (the surplus on Gendewitha) should prove more effective I think?

Don't look at me though, I use Vanya for inventory saving issues lol.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-20 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

+cursna is a multiplicative modifier on your base rate. So the 40 skill, which will raise your base rate by 1-2% ends up providing a better chance to remove doom than +5 cursna on gende boots.

If you're at 500 skill, vanya clogs would give you a 27-28% base chance to remove curse, with a BiS cursna set sans club that's a 111% bonus to cursna for 57%-59% removal rate.

with gendewitha, base is 26%, with a 116% bonus for a 56% removal rate.
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2021-01-20 22:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Chiaia's guide at http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Cursna.html...

Assume 500 skill and only swapping out the feet gear

Vanya(B) (+40 skill [540 total], 5% effect): 29.4%
Gendewitha (0 skill [500 total], 10% effect): 29.3%

At 550 skill base...

Vanya(B) (+40 skill [590 total], 5% effect): 31.2%
Gendewitha (0 skill [550 total], 10% effect): 31.2%

At 600 skill base...

Vanya(B) (+40 skill [640 total], 5% effect): 32.9%
Gendewitha (0 skill [600 total], 10% effect): 33.0%

At 650 skill base...

Vanya(B) (+40 skill [690 total], 5% effect): 34.7%
Gendewitha (0 skill [650 total], 10% effect): 34.8%
-------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, they look pretty even at higher levels of Healing Magic skill, with Gendewitha+1 edging out (by .1%, which is probably lost when the formula is floored). However, things may change when other gear that varies Healing Magic skill and Cursna effects are brought into play.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-20 23:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re not accounting for any other cursna gear

It’s relatively easy and cheap for whm to get 106 +cursna gear not considering the feet.

debilis medallion
Haoma's ring x2
fanatic gloves
Alaunus's cape
theophany pantaloons +3

That significantly lessens the value of the extra +5 on gendewitha
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-21 00:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, semi dumb statement because rdm forum, but even taking out the whm specific stuff any amount of other cursna gear makes vanya better

Edit: it’s fairly logical at this point in the game to assume that skill either gives a whole percent increase or nothing so I’d assume that vanya clogs either gives an extra +1 to the base or +2. If you get your skill as a multiple of 25 with the clogs, or it spans two multiples of 25 (I.E. 510 skill to 550) vanya will literally always win at every reasonable skill value. If it jus does one (500 to 540 skill) the break even point is 600 skill.
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2021-01-21 16:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence my comment "However, things may change when other gear that varies Healing Magic skill and Cursna effects are brought into play." I was just looking at the feet gear by themselves. :D

In seriousness, when looking at the bigger picture, using the posted Cursna set as it currently stands and only swapping Gendewitha+1 with Vanya(B), here is how it changes (assume WHM sub and listed values in OP):

Set with Gendewitha+1 (posted): (497 skill; Cursna+75): 46.49%
Set with Vanya(B): (537 skill; Cursna+70): 47.43%

Vanya path B wins out.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-21 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Athen said: »

Hence my comment "However, things may change when other gear that varies Healing Magic skill and Cursna effects are brought into play." I was just looking at the feet gear by themselves. :D

In seriousness, when looking at the bigger picture, using the posted Cursna set as it currently stands and only swapping Gendewitha+1 with Vanya(B), here is how it changes (assume WHM sub and listed values in OP):

Set with Gendewitha+1 (posted): (497 skill; Cursna+75): 46.49%
Set with Vanya(B): (537 skill; Cursna+70): 47.43%

Vanya path B wins out.

Set changes to reflect. Node information to follow later.
By Masaru 2021-01-26 06:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Khonsu still inside...
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-01-26 11:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau irrelevant huh? Pathetic. Thiught you were a good player:(
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-26 11:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »
Mandau irrelevant huh? Pathetic. Thiught you were a good player:(

Oh Briko. Just go away. :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-01-26 11:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s relatively easy and cheap for whm to get 106 +cursna gear not considering the feet.

debilis medallion
Haoma's ring x2
fanatic gloves
Alaunus's cape
theophany pantaloons +3

That significantly lessens the value of the extra +5 on gendewitha

Why would you use a second Haoma’s Ring over a Menelaus’s Ring?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-26 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really seen any testing to see how the -10% fast cast works really. Menelaus's Ring probably is better if extra fast cast can just cancel it out, but mainly I was going from memory and I forgot Menelaus's exists.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6