RDM End Game Gear Guide

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM end game gear guide
RDM end game gear guide
 Asura.Aburaage
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 94
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-01-27 06:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone know how much +WSD needed for chiro feet to overtake Jhakri+2 for SB/BH/DB?
 Asura.Chendar
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chendar
Posts: 49
By Asura.Chendar 2021-01-27 16:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looks like just 3% wsd if acc/atk don't matter at all. 4% if you wanna beat viti+3 boots aswell.

EDIT: That's for Savage Blade. Numbers would be slightly different for the other two, but the answer is probably still in the same ballpark.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hitome
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 59
By Asura.Hitome 2021-04-14 07:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
On the TP set listed in the following category:

TP (30% Haste) 31 DW Needed /NIN & 35 Needed /DNC with Samba

how are they reaching the 31 DW required? I'm counting:

Ear1 (5)
Belt (7)
Boots (4)

Total: 16

Help me out I have a small brain. Is the cape augmented with 10 DW?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
Posts: 1406
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-04-14 07:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Hitome said: »
On the TP set listed in the following category:

TP (30% Haste) 31 DW Needed /NIN & 35 Needed /DNC with Samba

how are they reaching the 31 DW required? I'm counting:

Ear1 (5)
Belt (7)
Boots (4)

Total: 16

Help me out I have a small brain. Is the cape augmented with 10 DW?
+10 DW Augment Cape
+5 DW Augment on Feet
 Asura.Hitome
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 59
By Asura.Hitome 2021-04-14 07:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thank you!
 Bahamut.Turambar
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Turambar
Posts: 7
By Bahamut.Turambar 2021-04-14 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Any word/testing on how Gleti's Knife stacks up as an offhand for various things? Compared to augmented Ternion, delay is higher and critical hit rate is probably worse than WS damage, but I would think the 2% extra triple attack, higher skill bonuses, 15 dex, and 30 attack must count for something.
 Asura.Cicion
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
Posts: 210
By Asura.Cicion 2021-04-14 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Great Dagger, bis for Cdcin stuff for a offhand or evis spam with tauret/gleti
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hitome
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 59
By Asura.Hitome 2021-05-17 07:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Another quick question. I see this set listed for sanguine blade on the main page:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/361341

I was wondering if this set is modified for Dynamis at all? I hear good things about sanguine in Dynamis. Does hachirin overtake orpheus in Dynamis due to double dark weather? I assume so since it's a 25% increase to dark aligned magic and weaponskills while orpheus is around a 15% increase. Also for those who have tried it, what kind of numbers are you seeing on your sanguine's?
 Odin.Creaucent
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
Posts: 1126
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-05-17 08:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Hitome said: »
Another quick question. I see this set listed for sanguine blade on the main page:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/361341

I was wondering if this set is modified for Dynamis at all? I hear good things about sanguine in Dynamis. Does hachirin overtake orpheus in Dynamis due to double dark weather? I assume so since it's a 25% increase to dark aligned magic and weaponskills while orpheus is around a 15% increase. Also for those who have tried it, what kind of numbers are you seeing on your sanguine's?

Dark obi generates more consistent numbers but the weather bonus can still proc, 33% chance, with O Sash resulting in higher spike numbers so its up to you really. Keep in mind that the all in one Obi on lightsday will lower the bonus to 15% instead of the 25%.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
Posts: 241
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 13:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.
Offline
Posts: 32
By theoxreynolds 2021-05-17 15:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.


What do you usually sub for wave 3?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
Posts: 241
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm always RDM/NIN for dynamis. I don't do much meleeing in wave 3 (although more now that we're down almost a full party) because I don't get much in the way of melee buffs, but I do all the silencing + debuffing, and all the dangerous add silencing during the wave 3 mega.

Edit: Usually parse around 10% on the disjoined (losing to the CORs and Ejin's SAM).

 Asura.Hitome
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 59
By Asura.Hitome 2021-05-17 17:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. What cape do you run for this setup?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-05-17 19:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I'm always RDM/NIN for dynamis. I don't do much meleeing in wave 3 (although more now that we're down almost a full party) because I don't get much in the way of melee buffs, but I do all the silencing + debuffing, and all the dangerous add silencing during the wave 3 mega.

Edit: Usually parse around 10% on the disjoined (losing to the CORs and Ejin's SAM).


For my RDM's, they are usually the top in dps on W3 while favoring Seraph Blade. I do make sure the alliance is setup to favor it by including a SCH as one of the main healers. 66k-99k Seraph Blade is not uncommon on trash volte mobs; you'll frequently see them be one shotted.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
Posts: 241
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 23:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Hitome said: »
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. What cape do you run for this setup?

{ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
Posts: 241
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 23:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I'm always RDM/NIN for dynamis. I don't do much meleeing in wave 3 (although more now that we're down almost a full party) because I don't get much in the way of melee buffs, but I do all the silencing + debuffing, and all the dangerous add silencing during the wave 3 mega.

Edit: Usually parse around 10% on the disjoined (losing to the CORs and Ejin's SAM).


For my RDM's, they are usually the top in dps on W3 while favoring Seraph Blade. I do make sure the alliance is setup to favor it by including a SCH as one of the main healers. 66k-99k Seraph Blade is not uncommon on trash volte mobs; you'll frequently see them be one shotted.

Would be fun but I'm the only RDM, and we're multiboxing two full parties with 4-5 people. I'm in the tank party to make the tank's life easier and we don't bard swap into the tank party. Only mentioned parse numbers as a very rough way of saying you can do well if you put the effort in and your group does things conducing to magic damage (Malaise, Rayke, Gambit). There are certainly plenty of RDMs better than I am, lol.
Offline
Posts: 2
By fleshrender 2021-05-23 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
what kind of buffs?
 Asura.Diluted
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crumpet
Posts: 39
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-09 02:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Are you making edits to your savage blade set? All of the main slots are blank at the moment.
 Asura.Bynebill
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
Posts: 29
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-06-09 02:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Blank = Nyame most likely
 Asura.Nuance
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
Posts: 357
By Asura.Nuance 2021-06-09 08:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Diluted said: »
Are you making edits to your savage blade set? All of the main slots are blank at the moment.


Slowly working on updating the sets with the new odyssey gear. Still have to go through it all haven’t had a ton of time on my hands to do it properly
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Slib
Posts: 9
By Carbuncle.Slib 2021-06-09 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Asura.Hitome said: »
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. What cape do you run for this setup?

{ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}

Mind over int? Reading Wiki I see it's 50% mind modifier but that's better than the pint - dint dstat?
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3257
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-09 10:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes, due to manner in which Crocea increases elemental WS damage (fTP x2).
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
Posts: 241
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-06-09 10:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fleshrender said: »
what kind of buffs?

I only get two Marches, two Minnes, a Madrigal, and Samurai roll in the tank party.
 Asura.Diluted
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crumpet
Posts: 39
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-09 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Nuance said: »
Asura.Diluted said: »
Are you making edits to your savage blade set? All of the main slots are blank at the moment.


Slowly working on updating the sets with the new odyssey gear. Still have to go through it all haven’t had a ton of time on my hands to do it properly

Ah, cool. Thanks for these sets by the way, I started gearing my RDM a few weeks ago and this has been super useful in knowing what to aim for.