Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-04-01 00:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-01 00:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How amazing is it that MNK has gone from being "LOL" tier to "OMG NERF" tier in the space of a few months...
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 01:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
How amazing is it that MNK has gone from being "LOL" tier to "OMG NERF" tier in the space of a few months...

Didn’t watch the full video yet but fixing MNKs WSs was all it needed to become good again. Now it’s fixed and now MNK is doing some silly things. Other jobs too of course but that WS Update was a night and day change for MNK/PUP
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-01 01:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK was never "LOL" tier, the things that make MNK an effective job now haven't changed. It just kills a little bit faster, and all the smoothbrains who wouldn't sacrifice a bit of DPS have realized how much value everything else adds.

Revert damage patch is fine w/ me. ***, revert malignance too.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 01:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
MNK was never "LOL" tier, the things that make MNK an effective job now haven't changed. It just kills a little bit faster, and all the smoothbrains who wouldn't sacrifice a bit of DPS have realized how much value everything else adds.

Unfortunately, yeah. Yeah it was. You could try anything and everything you wanted and MNK couldn’t produce enough damage to really be useful. Subtle blow is great but you don’t have to worry about TP if the mob dies MUCH faster. Able to make a fight safer? Sure! But are you ever gonna get invited to things where damage mattered? Lolno. Not unless it’s your LS or people you knew or something lol. The update was a much needed fix and I’m happy people are loving the job again.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 02:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

revert malignance too
nah mate, not after that many hours of farming.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-04-01 02:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Unfortunately, yeah. Yeah it was. You could try anything and everything you wanted and MNK couldn’t produce enough damage to really be useful. Subtle blow is great but you don’t have to worry about TP if the mob dies MUCH faster. Able to make a fight safer? Sure! But are you ever gonna get invited to things where damage mattered? Lolno. Not unless it’s your LS or people you knew or something lol. The update was a much needed fix and I’m happy people are loving the job again.

You’re wrong, but please continue to tell us about the difficulties that you had on the job.

Edit:You can also do those fights on variety of jobs, which is dope. Did kitty on nin a few times.
By Mrgrim 2020-04-01 03:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wrecking stuff on MNK before update and malignance. There is no such thing as lolmnk.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is now off Malignance gear, and they must use their bare fists without a wpn. RIP
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2020-04-01 03:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What addon are you using to show the current gear in the bottom right?
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-04-01 04:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

EquipViewer, think it's in ProjectTako's Git
By Draylo 2020-04-01 04:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to update the icon for malignance?
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-04-01 04:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think v2 has updated icons, not sure
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 04:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the difference between v1 and v2!?
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-04-01 04:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

v1 was first!

jk xD

v1 supposedly has slower load times for icons so he remade it is as v2 and kept v1 around for some reason.
[+]
By aisukage 2020-04-01 07:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Another April fools

Completely Agree, MNK's always been in a good spot. Alot of people just never realized it until they did an update on the job. Which did put it into a better spot but it was never in a bad spot.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-04-01 07:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

barrance so hard.
By SimonSes 2020-04-01 08:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM soloing windurst wave 2 dynamis boss, all Omen bosses and most VD ambuscades, Koryou, WoC etc. and people are impressed by MNK killing some sky pets..
[+]
 Leviathan.Bozo
Server: Leviathan
user: Bozoffxi
By Leviathan.Bozo 2020-04-01 09:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is impressed? I don't think anyone is impressed
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-01 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
RDM soloing windurst wave 2 dynamis boss, all Omen bosses and most VD ambuscades, Koryou, WoC etc. and people are impressed by MNK killing some sky pets..

I think this is impressive. Atleast the windy boss video.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-01 10:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that MNK was in a "good" spot before, it was in a niche spot, which is not right because MNK is not a niche job. All the other DDs have extra stuff besides swinging a blade, and still did great damage, but MNK lagged behind. Subtle blow is great but meaningless in a situation with even 1 non-MNK DD.

For alliance content like Dyna D, bringing a MNK would mean you were sacrificing DPS, which isn't necessarily a big deal depending on what the rest of the alliance looks like, but it was still a pretty big difference unless the MNK was absolutely top tier. MNK brought subpar DPS and honestly didn't bring anything else helpful, so if you were on MNK it meant you were being allowed to do so because you were working on a neck or something like that.

Certainly wouldn't cause a run failure, but it remained the case that if you were looking to fill a DD spot in high end alliance content, any other DD job would bring more. Now it's equivalent to the other heavy DDs, which is where it should be.
By SimonSes 2020-04-01 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok its really simple..

a) Mnk was behind in group content, because it was behind on damage and subtle blow in group content is much less effective and MNK only group utility is Chi blast and Mantra.

b) Mnk wasnt behind in lowman fights with one buffed DD tank as single DPS. Subtle blow and survivability is huge in such scenario. Also MNK having mostly self buffs is not a problem if only person needing buffs is MNK.

People doing mostly a) will tell you monk was behind. People doing mostly b) will tell you that MNK was never in bad spot.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-04-01 10:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very fine with reverting malignance. Or at least removing either the absurd MEva or DT on it. Honestly just nerf all the hybrid sets in general. Being tanky doesn't have a significant trade off, especially when you factor in stuff like Phalanx 2 existing. Unless you're PLD. Then you're actually giving something up to be tanky.

And yeah, MNK was in a fine spot just it's fine spot was 6 person content where it was the only DD and the tank thanks to counter+subtle blow. And suddenly things don't do damage anymore because max subtle blow.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-01 11:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ok its really simple..

a) Mnk was behind in group content, because it was behind on damage and subtle blow in group content is much less effective and MNK only group utility is Chi blast and Mantra.

b) Mnk wasnt behind in lowman fights with one buffed DD tank as single DPS. Subtle blow and survivability is huge in such scenario. Also MNK having mostly self buffs is not a problem if only person needing buffs is MNK.

People doing mostly a) will tell you monk was behind. People doing mostly b) will tell you that MNK was never in bad spot.

Mostly accurate, but group content where all DPS were MNK still had most of the benefits of B. Given, the general attitude toward MNK made it pretty unlikely to have such a scenario unless your shell also enjoyed it or you multibox.
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-01 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, even without the attitude toward MNK, that's already unlikely. If the benefit comes with a mandated "every DD has to be this same job" to get it, I don't really think it's relevant.
First Page 2 3 4 5