New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK OP!
MNK OP!
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 18:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The arguments of why BLU was OP (high DPS and survivability) are exactly the same for MNK now.
MNK doesn't even have to make a tradeoff between dps and survivability or wait 2 minutes after adjusting their spell list. its a flash back straight to abyssea days.

but guys, guys, MNK has to wait. first send your pitchforks and torches over HERE. how is that thread not already on fire? how didn't uploading that video result in a emergency maintenance asap?!?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 18:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Blu had a better advocate. We deserve better than Draylo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-01 18:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu wasn't overpowered then, Mnk isn't overpowered now. Both require significant time and work to bring out their potential where these kinds of comparisons are even possibly relevant. A Mnk who just buys Ken/Belt+1/has Malignance will not compete with a Mnk with tuned sets and a good lua. You'll probably still be able to survive killing or soloing some ***, but that's really true of any job on either of those sets. In terms of performance though, it's not close.

Quote:
Also SAM sucks compared to MNK now.

Wat? o_O
By Draylo 2020-04-01 18:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Give it a rest, no need to be so hostile for no reason. What is your problem ? Also nothing is stopping anyone from posting on the OF. You can be your own advocate, stop being a loser.
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 18:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

there is definitely method to the madness, closest we ever got to barance was befor the MNK and RDM update, even tho some jobs would still fall behind you could pick the majority of DDs and do well. however i believe there was never a attempt to balance all jobs, making some jobs OP keeps ppl busy bandwagoning and is way less work than adressing every job till its balanced.

but guys -->this<-- is where its at.
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 19:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Viciouss said: »

Give it a rest, no need to be so hostile for no reason. What is your problem ? Also nothing is stopping anyone from posting on the OF. You can be your own advocate, stop being a loser.

lol, your armchair modding was amusing. Does anyone EVER listen? I'm guessing not. Instead of spamming every thread, and suggesting other people do your work for you, go make a thread on the OF asking for a Blu update, in the middle of a pandemic. I'm sure they will get right on it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 19:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't armchair modding, its simply asking what is your problem? I don't spam every thread, and it is mostly in jest. I've made multiple arguments across various threads specifically related to BLU or job enhancements, and have given my opinion. This thread, and the slew of ones similar, is mainly a troll thread if you haven't noticed.

People are so damn hostile on the internet, stop being so angry. I also have created threads in the past on OF but most of the influence that causes nerfs or buffs comes from forum interactions where people discuss it. I saw countless threads asking for a BLU nerf on here and giving silly reasons like Cocoon as a problem, not many on the OF though and SE reads the pulse of the players from these forums, not just the OF.

So again, if you feel I'm the worst advocate for whatever reason, you go post on the forums. Otherwise, if you don't like my opinions then just block me.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 19:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get the never ending push to increase WS numbers and overall damage. I would rather more unique QoL and equipment choices that boost jobs in different ways. We don't have barely any new content that requires that much dramatic WS/DMG increases. Hoping they add something meaningful for AF3 upgrades that would justify all those increases for no reason.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-01 19:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there is, I mean look at that new dragon. He was so OP that nobody wanted to bother doing him lol. Now he disappeared because people cried. I would like harder things to be implemented for sure, but if they are going to do it SO SLOWLY, stop upping the damn damage overall. There is no reason to kill older content so much quicker and easier when we have nothing new.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 19:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no reason to kill older content so much quicker and easier when we have nothing new.
yes there is, i'm pretty certain lots of solo players are looking forward to solo their first aeonic or solo farm dynamis D.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 20:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
RDM soloing windurst wave 2 dynamis boss, all Omen bosses and most VD ambuscades, Koryou, WoC etc.
apparently you can already clear full Ru'aun, just a matter of time till reisenjima becomes soloable too.
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-01 22:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Godhands, 5/5 Ken+1 and Belt+1 for TP and WS is the best DPS:effort ratio which you can get.

Tell me I'm wrong!

You're wrong. Putting aside the lack of JSE and accessories other than belt, Trish on Drg with a similar amount of gil and time invested in HQ gear would be just as good, for example. Probably Chango War too.

Kenda+1 is an advantage to MNK (and SAM but I don't think Doji is quite as good as GH) because of the magic evasion, but honestly the differences between the R0 versions of a lot of the heavy Aeonics are pretty small, and Godhands are slow AF even with properly capped Martial Arts. I've been messing around with just Shining One and mostly Ambuscade gear on Drg, and that sh*t was really nice. Convinced me to make a Trishula.

People *** too much.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oyama said: »
People *** too much.
Agreed.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 22:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get the never ending push to increase WS numbers and overall damage.

I enjoy breaking things so I wont be happy until literally everything I do is 99,999 or until they bump the Damage cap again and we look towards doing 999,999 Damage.

Genji Gloves anyone? :P
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-04-02 03:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The WS improvement is not what lets yo solo these, you could solo that stuff on monk before the update, it just took longer and was therefore a bit less smooth (e.g. more time for byakko t level up etc).
The extra WS damage is definitely nice but I think it had the biggest impact not so much on soloing (where survivability counts more) but on the meta game because big ws numbers are what everybody notices more easily (plus yes of course it helps on total arse, big skillchain damage etc).
Side note for anybody soloing these you also don't need a trust tank or /drg especially if you have ygnas/monberau and swap in a dt- set as needed, but the video is a good strategy for limited trusts and gear.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 09:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is still the king of AOEing and has a good amount of utility and damage potential. MNK may need a nerf, RDM may need a nerf, but if going the other route it isn't BLU who needs to be buffed.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 09:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree, what I'd like to see is a JA rework, unique effects via equipment towards spells, or a spell rework so we actually cast spells outside of cleaving trash mobs. I don't get how you can look at RDM and say that BLU doesn't need any kind of buff. You can't take back what RDM currently has, and they have far more utility than BLU currently while maintaining a respectable DPS. I don't know of anyone asking for huge upgrades to DMG potential on BLU, but it would be nice to receive some QoL/minor upgrades.

A large portion of RDMs upgrades have been via unique gear effects enhancing enfeebles or buffs. I'd like to see something like that for BLU.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 10:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oyama said: »
Godhands are slow AF even with properly capped Martial Arts.

And this matter because?
They have higher TP per hit and higher base damage per hit.
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 10:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
BLU is still the king of AOEing and has a good amount of utility and damage potential. MNK may need a nerf, RDM may need a nerf, but if going the other route it isn't BLU who needs to be buffed.
I disagree, what I'd like to see is a JA rework, unique effects via equipment towards spells, or a spell rework so we actually cast spells outside of cleaving trash mobs. I don't get how you can look at RDM and say that BLU doesn't need any kind of buff. You can't take back what RDM currently has, and they have far more utility than BLU currently while maintaining a respectable DPS. I don't know of anyone asking for huge upgrades to DMG potential on BLU, but it would be nice to receive some QoL/minor upgrades.

A large portion of RDMs upgrades have been via unique gear effects enhancing enfeebles or buffs. I'd like to see something like that for BLU.

Draylo is right.
I mean, 95% of physical blu spells are useless and that's bad. None is saying to make them hit for 99k damage, but do something with them to make them useful to cast.
Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity should have like 15 sec recast.
They were designed when tp generation was slow af and you was magic bursting on BLM 1-2 times per minute. With current tp generation and how much you can magic burst it has no sense. Also no, chain affinity on 15 sec cooldown wouldnt break anything. It would barely allow BLU to fill some gap in self skillchain chains, still at cost of damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-04-02 10:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There'd be other QoL things they could do - bump base durations up for buffs, make +Enhancing Duration apply to Blue Magic, that sort of thing. Drop Diffusion/Focalization timers down and make them active for a window, a la Saboteur.

Not necessarily directly relate to BLU, but revisiting Relic WS - maybe making them unlockable with more jobs on them (BLU does get KoR via the Abyssea sword anyway).

I think the point of BLU damage being fine is accurate, but there are certainly some nice things they could do when BLU's job update month comes around.

Certainly not at the top of the "job needs attention" pile though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 10:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see what you (anyone) think physical blu spells should do damage wise, that would; get you to use them, not still be a dps loss, and not be absofuckinglutely broken beyond belief. I contest that it is impossible.

Let's pick one spell. Something you already set like... Delta Thrust? It has to do... 30k to be worth the delay? and it gives no tp (should it give tp too?) does it need to do 50k with no tp? now it's broken. Now we just take 6 blus and Delta Thrust everything to death without ever engaging.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 10:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any spell they make do enough damage to be worth 3-4s of melee is going to one shot trash mobs super reliably and be an amazing tool for botting and farming. No more need to aoe, just one shot everything as you get close to it.

The flexibility of spells in moving situations where that 3.5s isn't relevant means they have to be weak enough that when the 3.5s is relevant they aren't worthwhile. No real way around that.

BLU is still a high tier DPS with tizona/thibron, they are the best AOE job without question, and they have mountains of utility. They might not be as busted as RDM or MNK, but there are a whole lot of jobs that could use attention more than BLU could.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-04-02 11:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think most are actually talking about damage directly from spells. It's more about the sort of different modes that other DDs have, so to speak. Typically, you have your WS spam setup, and you have your mutistep setup. RDM can SC/MB over and over again, or can set up all around Enspells, etc.

BLU has tools for that - arguably, it was the first to really have that self-SC and burst sort of capability. However, as mentioned, the JAs enabling it have fallen behind the curve, where others have just gotten better.

Things like what Simonses mentioned, and dropping those timers down, maybe making them 0-delay like Manuevers... and that might give the job that sort of solo-DD multistep capability that it's kinda not great at right now. In a WS spam situation? Sure, Tizona/Thibron AM3 is great.

For that sort of design, base spell damage would even be largely fine as-is, or with a small bump, because the point would be to use spells as SC linkers - any damage needed for balance could be added via SC bonus damage instead, to prevent the sort of walk-up one-shotting mentioned.

Again though, BLU certainly is fine as it is, even if aspects of the job have gotten dated.
[+]