MNK OP!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-01 11:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Didn’t watch the full video yet but fixing MNKs WSs was all it needed to become good again

I said this over and over again and all the MNK fanbois where like "noooo MNK is fine!!!!".

SE finally fixes H2H WS's which lets MNK function as a real DD and now we can see what I was talking about. MNK had everything it needed, except high damage WS's in a meta that's based around DD's using high damage WS's.

As for OP, MNK is certainly not OP, it's just finally in the same bracket as WAR/SAM/DRK/DRG with DRG being added in the same update. It plays differently, like it should, but does approximately the same damage with a different set of utilities.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-01 11:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

unreal. Monk was always fine and useful before the update and malignance, but nobody gave a ***because "9474629524985" deep numbers dude. "lolmnk", "job is in a bad spot", all that *** we heard. Now they pump out much better damage and malignance hit the scene and it's "plznerfthx". Yall can all gtfoh with that vacillating mindset.

Every single time people ask for jobs to be nerfed, they always overdo it. That's never the correct option unless something is clearly broken.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-01 12:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They wont revert any WS update or Malignance (they would need to put effort and resources to delete stuff they put effort and resources into. That will never happen with current development state), so you can also just stop talking about it.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-01 12:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monk was always fine and useful before the update

No it wasn't, we knew it wasn't, we laughed and publicly ridiculed those who thought it was. It's like flat earthers, they are the only ones who believe their own BS and no amount of repeating that BS will convince a non-believer otherwise.

Now that it's been fixed, we can all finally see the potential realized. Monk is now a great job.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-01 12:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, you can use 'we' to describe your imaginary friends if you want, but the '+'s tell a pretty clear story.

It's always been you against all of the MNKs, where's the 'we'?
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-01 13:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who plays the job I will admit that prior to the WS Update participating in 'content' as a non-REMA Mnk was much harder than a non-REMA War, Drg, or Drk. The balancing helped non-REMA players far more than REMA players.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 13:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk isn't OP, but I think Sam needs to get some help in terms of survivability. Just a solid DT set, or at least a few pieces similar to Odin HTBF, would help Sam a lot. Damage wise the high tier DPS, which now includes Monk, is mostly the same, but Sam could use a HP boost and some new DT gear.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-04-01 13:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
That's Illegal

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-01 14:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
You know when a job is OP because people bandwagon it.

That is happening.

It's not always like that. Best example is DRG.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-01 14:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People are "bandwagoning" Monk because it's braindead easy. Just watch that video on the first page. The Monk (no shade) literally did nothing impressive besides engage > impetus > smite with a halfway decent meva/dt set. Zero prebuffing required. NO Ask Sash AM3 start. No Shell Crusher. Nothing. Just engage, punch + kick, WS, high jump and use meds when necessary. That's enough of a reason for people to jump all over it. Zero thought, high damage, high survival, 2 macro-push wins.

FWIW, I haven't played MNK in literal months (outside of an occasional helping someone), and I've seen dozens of Monks who aren't ***worth a party spot over literally any other DD. They aren't putting out significantly more damage than other jobs, they are just able to buy su3/+1 belt and sit in malignance set and spam ws. So the job itself isn't better than any other DD, people are just lazy players so they prefer that over other options. It's not OP, it's EP (Easy Prey).
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-01 14:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You know when a job is OP because people bandwagon it.

That is happening.

It's not always like that. Best example is DRG.
You have to put something resembling actual work to get DRG geared enough for use, given it doesn't have a Kendatsuba +1 equivalent.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-01 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No I didn't say that, you're just making a strawman argument. I said it wasn't overpowered, it's just easy. Just because a bunch of brainless people choose to hop on a job does not make it overpowered. That's your own definition of it. But nothing about MNK is "overpowered.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 16:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I mean, you can use 'we' to describe your imaginary friends if you want, but the '+'s tell a pretty clear story.

It's always been you against all of the MNKs, where's the 'we'?

Wait, I’ve been right here on the forums saying it for years. And I’m not alone either, at least 6 other posters saying the same thing lol. It’s almost looking like a political debate.

And no it’s not a “us against the MNKs” thing either (at least not for me) most of us posting probably have been MNKs for ages. Lv75 KRT Burns with Destroyers, or punching literally whatever else we wanted. Great times, loved the job, always have, but it fell out of the light. It’s an MMO, these things happen. Why on earth are you guys salty that SE fixed the job? It’s got life again, what’s the problem?

Don’t like retards touching your job? Get over it? Cuz never in the existence of gaming is that ever NOT a thing so why worry about it? Outdo the scrub and keep it moving lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-01 16:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why on earth are you guys salty that SE fixed the job? It’s got life again, what’s the problem?

Nobody is upset that they fixed it(well, maybe OP is, but not the MNK fans).

Personally, annoyed that people didn't realize it had value beforehand. There is nothing in this game that has anything approaching a difficult time gate, so DPS is pretty irrelevant. You can tell yourself until the end of time that doing 20-30% less damage makes the job useless, but when content ranges from 200 to 2000% more time alloted than needed.. it's not really a big deal.

MNK was good, MNK is better, maybe MNK is too good now. Who knows, I don't actually want malignance removed or the damage buff reverted, but I'd still get use out of MNK if they were.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 17:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs that people put a lot of work into might be less desired. That is a legitimate reason to want barance.

Well just as food for thought, the most popular job of 3222 people logged into Asura right now is THF at 359 players. WAR 141, MNK 147, RDM 153, DRK 62(I personally don’t see many DRKs either), BRD 141, RNG 31 (but seems to be gaining in popularity?), SAM 96(thought this was the bandwagon?), NIN 71, DRG 34, SMN 116, BLU 215 (love BLU), COR 219, DNC 39, RUN 80.

Looks like THF, COR, BLU, and RDM are more bandwagoned than anything else right now. It’s only one quick search and not worth anything at all when considering how many of these are actual players and not mules, but it’s still not like there’s an over abundance of MNKs right now even though it’s so easy to gear. There’s more RDM out than anything and that greedy *** takes 80+ Inventory slots EASY lol
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 17:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs that people put a lot of work into might be less desired. That is a legitimate reason to want barance.

Well just as food for thought, the most popular job of 3222 people logged into Asura right now is THF at 359 players. WAR 141, MNK 147, RDM 153, DRK 62(I personally don’t see many DRKs either), BRD 141, RNG 31 (but seems to be gaining in popularity?), SAM 96(thought this was the bandwagon?), NIN 71, DRG 34, SMN 116, BLU 215 (love BLU), COR 219, DNC 39, RUN 80.

Looks like THF, COR, BLU, and RDM are more bandwagoned than anything else right now. It’s only one quick search and not worth anything at all when considering how many of these are actual players and not mules, but it’s still not like there’s an over abundance of MNKs right now even though it’s so easy to gear. There’s more RDM out than anything and that greedy *** takes 80+ Inventory slots EASY lol

Well, you just did a search during gain gil, so you have to account for that.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-01 18:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s only one quick search and not worth anything at all

I already said it wasn't worth anything :P

Viciouss said: »
Well, you just did a search during gain gil, so you have to account for that.

Also, what? You mean the Gain-xp -> Sparks -> Rapid Gil Rotation thingy? That would definitely explain the uptick in BLU numbers for sure, would rapidly decrease THF numbers though if anything
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 18:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, what? You mean the Gain-xp -> Sparks -> Rapid Gil Rotation thingy? That would definitely explain the uptick in BLU numbers for sure, would rapidly decrease THF numbers though if anything

Yes, it would also explain the rdm and corsairs.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 18:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK and RDM have become very overpowered. Look at the ***they were saying about BLU in those threads, now MNK is so OP and nobody wants any adjustments. Then it is time for some updates to other jobs that deserve it, like BLU :)

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-04-01 18:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't not be doing this on purpose, allegedly!
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 18:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
MNK and RDM have become very overpowered. Look at the ***they were saying about BLU in those threads, now MNK is so OP and nobody wants any adjustments. Then it is time for some updates to other jobs that deserve it, like BLU :)

Give it a rest.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-01 18:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if every job got as strong as MNK they wouldn't have the wonderful HP buffer that makes it easy to breeze through everything with even noob PuG WHM.

MNK is king for now, one day SE will make something else king again. They can't not be doing this on purpose.

Each job has their own unique bonuses, that isn't a bad point. Its when you have everything in your favor like these handful of OP jobs currently do. There is almost no downsides to them and no reason to use other jobs in their place.

Viciouss said: »
Draylo said: »

Give it a rest.

You give it a rest. If you don't like people sharing their opinions then don't post on a forum. Nobody gave it a rest when they were creating countless threads asking for a nerf to BLU, solely because it became a bandwagoned job.