Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 129 130 131
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 13:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Getting money promised in april doesn't help people when it's delivered in september.
You do realize why there is a large delay in mailing checks, right?

Or are you saying that it is acceptable for the federal government to make obvious errors and pay people multiple times (even though you will not benefit from it) for the sake of speed?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 13:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey government it's my money and I need it now !
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 13:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the government should only help people registered Republican. *** the Democrats.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 13:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
this leaves a lot of people who were low income
Just to let you know, unless somebody makes zero income and also applies for zero benefits, even low income people are required (and encouraged, because there are tax credits that are refundable just for low income people) to file taxes if they receive any state and/or charitable assistance at all. State assistance is easier to track because they are given a W-2G form each year for that specific reason, but charitable assistance is harder to track because most charities aren't exactly great recordkeepers (and they don't ask basic reporting questions like SSN and names).

So, unless the above exception applies, there should be next to no "low income" people who do not file their taxes. Those who do fall under the exception (such as homeless people) do receive some government assistance, but usually at the local level (and local levels sometimes don't even report such aid).

This is not a simple problem, and it's easier for everyone to say 'no tax return, no money'. Filing a fraudulent tax return will give people much more pause than trying to steal a non-taxpayer relative or friend's stimulus check.
There is an alternative actually. File a zero return, or an incomplete return, and then later file an amended return. Since there are no payment requirements until July 15th, you can file an incomplete return today, give IRS your information that you can get your money, then file a 1040-X when you can, before July 15th.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 13:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this if you are a dumb sum *** the government gives you extra money ?

If you are wealthy you have a savings account and don't need the money.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 13:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just not reading, the post a couple up literally says you aren't required to file. Then the gov says by the way, now you DO need to file. after confirming you DON'T need to file. and now you can't file (without getting delayed until september, its on the last page)
I think it is you who is not reading. Did I say that you have to file to get money from this stimulus, or did I say it's best to file regardless of income just to lock in the timeframe IRS can audit you?

Which is it?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-03 13:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just not reading, the post a couple up literally says you aren't required to file. Then the gov says by the way, now you DO need to file. after confirming you DON'T need to file. and now you can't file (without getting delayed until september, its on the last page)

And also; that hypothetical "call if you got screwed" doesn't exist, that's the problem. I would rather they give everyone the money they said they would give to "all americans" without the *qualifying* fine print.

They don't care.
I know the number doesn't exist. I'm partially agreeing with you in that some exceptions should be made and they should make provisions to handle this. But just giving money to everyone who is currently residing in America might be just way too expensive. So they set up some requirements.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather they give everyone the money they said they would give to "all americans" without the *qualifying* fine print.
So, you are ok with Bill Gates getting a check for $2,400? Rupert Murdock? Kevin Durant? Tom Hanks? Will Ferrell?

Or do you want people who need it to get it?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is you who is not reading. Did I say that you have to file to get money from this stimulus, or did I say it's best to file regardless of income just to lock in the timeframe IRS can audit you?

Which is it?
The IRS literally says you are NOT required to file.

I'm 100% sure I was crystal clear on what I said.
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 13:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should put all the poor people in a concentration camp so we don't have to give them any money.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-03 13:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an alternative actually. File a zero return, or an incomplete return, and then later file an amended return. Since there are no payment requirements until July 15th, you can file an incomplete return today, give IRS your information that you can get your money, then file a 1040-X when you can, before July 15th.

I'm not disagreeing, filing a return is piss easy. But, they still have to wait until September if they haven't filed yet. I don't think there's a better option, but it's still a valid point.

If they were smart, they'd already have filed, but stupid people still need to live.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is it?
The IRS literally says you are NOT required to file.
So, proof you can't read.

Here is a source that proves that what I'm saying is correct
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 14:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if the IRS says don't bother filing...
Here's the *** picture showing I am correct. From *** IRS.GOV
If you go to the IRS website right now and fill in all zero's/no's, guess what it says?

By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not disagreeing, filing a return is piss easy. But, they still have to wait until September if they haven't filed yet. I don't think there's a better option, but it's still a valid point.

If they were smart, they'd already have filed, but stupid people still need to live.

I beg to differ. If we kill all the stupid people we could spend the money on cool things like dirt bikes and hot tubs.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 14:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% sure I was crystal clear on what I said.
Honestly, I do not have confidence you understand what you are typing.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I find this racist towards people that don't have mailboxes.

How does the government know I have a mail box.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-03 14:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Eiryl didn't pay his taxes on his RMT and is now upset that he can't get his free $1200 until september, honestly. Never known him to be a crusader for the poor.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 14:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And you would be stupid to do that.

I would love to hear your explanation to the Tax Court why you shouldn't be audited because the IRS website said you shouldn't file. Care to share what you will say?
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see that "occupation I sell gil to people on the internet"

Hmmm I don't think that qualifies for a refund.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it's one of those fancy gil selling sites that lets you file a tax return.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
I'd like to see that "occupation I sell gil to people on the internet"
Vyze is required to send him a 1099 each year for all the payments he made for his REMAs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Eiryl didn't pay his taxes on his RMT and is now upset that he can't get his free $1200 until september, honestly. Never known him to be a crusader for the poor.

I didn't file on that, correct. Filed only my provable income from my "real" job. (no the 20k cap doesn't apply when you have multiple paypals which I was surprised you don't do, letting them take like 17? grand a big *** that)

But I do know a lot of gig and seasonal people that get paid cash who won't get a dime and it's unfair.

And you would be stupid to do that.

I would love to hear your explanation to the Tax Court why you shouldn't be audited because the IRS website said you shouldn't file. Care to share what you will say?

Literally would show them the picture from their own website, and the denial from taxact saying you CANNOT E-file with zero income.
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You better check that gil for the corona virus. You know how many Chinese people touched it ?
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't file on that, correct. Filed only my provable income from my "real" job. (no the 20k cap doesn't apply when you have multiple paypals which I was surprised you don't do, letting them take like 20 grand)

But I do know a lot of gig and seasonal people that get paid cash who won't get a dime and it's unfair.

I find it hard to believe you come in contact with any people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 14:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From the stimulus, or for Section 7(a) of the CARES act?
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 14:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry the Uber drivers will resort to horse and buggy transportation to maintain social distancing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From neither
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-04-03 14:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, that's the only thing you had against my post? Because I guessed incorrectly that you paid for your own college?

So, you don't disagree with anything else with the post?

Lmao, i'm at work. I don't have time to write up a ten point list on why you're a *** who's wrong. Maybe when i get home.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 129 130 131