First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 21:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
That's the dumbest ***I've read today. Anyways if it don't cost you 50M, you didn't spend 50M right? This is nothing about worth.

Tell ya what, trade me a stack of your lusterless hides for a stack of my alexandrite.

You farmed your hides, I farmed my alex, they were both free since we farmed them. it's an equal trade.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-31 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
That's the dumbest ***I've read today. Anyways if it don't cost you 50M, you didn't spend 50M right? This is nothing about worth.
Go look up opportunity cost my guy.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-31 22:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anther way to understand why it's not just opportunity cost is to think of what you end up doing with your time.

If you didn't care about having fun but only to maximize profit in a game currency, then you could say that's 50M etc. But if you do care, then his point about farming them himself should make a lot more sense. Consider the 2 alternative scenarios being discussed:

In one scenario, he's playing with new content that he enjoys for 30 minutes a day for a few weeks, leveling up new stats etc, and at the end of that he also has some upgraded items. He didn't feel any pain of feeling forced to do tedious tasks he didn't care to do.

In another scenario he doesn't play with the new content and instead spends 50M gil to shortcut it and be the first to upgrade that item while materials are still overpriced, then he spends a few weeks doing tedious work in content that people usually pay to avoid doing (farming alex or whatnot) to make his money back.

The end result in both cases might seem the same in terms of gil and items at the end but not in terms of how he spent his time.

I think he's simply saying he prefers the first scenario, not that you couldn't make 50M gil selling hides early or or end up paying that much if you bought them while they are still in high demand and short supply.

Also, we should all be careful about only thinking or caring about opportunity cost logic because by that metric alone you should stop playing right away and work in a factory because every minute of fun you have is money you could have been making in a sweat shop :P
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 22:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're taking it further than it really needs to go.

It's undebatable fact that items used, are items gone. Light a twenty on fire you didn't spend it, but now you can't spend it. That's a months sub you can't have now.
By soralin 2020-08-01 01:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so the Smn/Blm + Thf/Dnc plan is working splendid, we are reliably clearing all the chests up to and including floor 5 of Sheol B.

Turns out, Annoint Kalasiris is not a big deal, Cait Siths Raise II is absolutely bonkers.

Its a JA, not a Spell, so it wont spell aggro, and it has wicked long range.

It also casts instantly, so you can get a body up asap.

The targeted RR is also very strong from Cait Sith.

And keeping up Garuda's Fleetwind helps a tonne in getting as much coverage as possible.

We're averaging about 11 boxes per run, and about 3 mimics per run it looks like.
By SimonSes 2020-08-01 01:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Okay so the Smn/Blm + Thf/Dnc plan is working splendid, we are reliably clearing all the chests up to and including floor 5 of Sheol B.

You know there is 6 floors right? :)
By soralin 2020-08-01 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You know there is 6 floors right? :)

Yeah, we are still getting used to the layout and hammering the procedure down.

I think once we get some practice we will reliably clear floor 6 too.

The last run we entered floor 6 but didnt see any chests yet, had I think 1 or 2 min left on clock on floor 6.
By SimonSes 2020-08-01 03:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You are using wrong keys imo or doing something wrong or you are simply to slow at moving with 2 chars (maybe make better macros for moving around). With movement speed from SMN mule and backup raise/tractor you should be able to make all those floors in like 15-20 min or faster if you are lucky.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 14:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw this on reddit discord:

Quote:
Aug. 7, 2020 05:43 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Current Known Issue (Aug. 7)

We have confirmed the following issue.
We are currently investigating, and ask for your patience as we resolve the issue promptly.

[Confirmed Issue]

- In the Odyssey battle content, the Pilgrim Moogle's active effect acquired in Sheol B does not activate properly, and its effect is lower than the value displayed when entering the area.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-07 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

MM so pointless you couldn't even tell it wasn't working

perfect sign of a great idea
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-07 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It does nothing.

"Um ackchully it gives tenzen 5 str and that's incredible for my style of play thank you"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 14:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, maybe now we can see how itS effects.

Intead of giving +5 CHR for trusts now it will receive +6 CHR, who knows...
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-08-07 15:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing that it displayed the total levels but only applied levels from A
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-07 15:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually didn't even display your levels when you entered B, with where the number should be just being blank. I assumed it was just another text error.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

At least to me, i always receive the message “You MM is lv VII” when i enter (3+4 atm, took a break to work on mules)
By soralin 2020-08-07 15:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

After some practice Im now reliably fully clearing Sheol B solo on thf, averaging about 1 mimic per run.

HP down set has been brilliant, lets me safely reraise in blood aggro range of undead without getting blood aggroed.

Took a bit of effort to get my hp down to 1/1 but it works and thats good enough for me.

ItemSet 374643

I just bring reraise hairpin and earring, I havent fiddled with it much but it may even be possible to just fulltime keep a RR hairpin equipped.

Thf/Nin gives me utsusemi, which is so incredibly clutch in reliably being able to key chests and get those extra precious seconds to back off and die somewhere safe after popping the chest, if I get aggro.

Not needing to rely on MP for sneak/invis is also nice, but not important tbh, moogle trust makes mp management trivial when running the zone in hp down gear.
By SimonSes 2020-08-07 15:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

get those extra precious seconds to back off and die somewhere safe after popping the chest, if I get aggro.

You know you can simply use "hide" to lose aggro right? It hae kinda big cooldown, but still not many runa when I aggro that frequently.
By soralin 2020-08-07 16:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

get those extra precious seconds to back off and die somewhere safe after popping the chest, if I get aggro.

You know you can simply use "hide" to lose aggro right? It hae kinda big cooldown, but still not many runa when I aggro that frequently.

Yes, but when you have 1 hp shadows buy you the precious time to do that.

You will die in one hit.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-07 16:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
At least to me, i always receive the message “You MM is lv VII” when i enter (3+4 atm, took a break to work on mules)

The message seemed to be broken since MM16. I posted about it last month

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
MM 16 is bugged (for me at least). Got it last night, and re-entered to this message

Which means it has been doing zero since getting 16. I actually did mention how weak MM was even at the level I am now, but this explains it.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 16:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya maybe its something that happens after MM15 but did you try it without battlemod?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-07 16:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Noteworthy , in theory the point were it "stopped working" should be the cap for A

If you had 10 in A and 5 in B but it shows "mm level 15" but goes to "mm level ." at 16 it means that 15 was the cap for A

So the MM cap for B is 30, if Im reading it right. Probably already assumed 15 was cap, but it sort of confirms it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-07 16:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You are probably correct, as the screenshot shows my MM broke right at 16 (I have 14 in A, got 2 in B at that point). So none of the levels we earned in B did anything, lol.

I guess I should have submitted a bug report

Pantafernando said: »
Ya maybe its something that happens after MM15 but did you try it without battlemod?

Battlemod shouldn't have anything to do with it, it's a zone message not related to battle. Well, I mean it could, but other players who don't use BM have said their message was borked, so can't be that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-08-07 17:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but when you have 1 hp shadows buy you the precious time to do that.

You will die in one hit.

Have you tried evading?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-07 17:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually even in situations where you don't aggro you can just use flee+hide to clear a couple groups of monsters to make a safe path to open chest. Just drag them somewhere safe, hide, spectral jig, and return quickly to open each chest.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 17:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hide dont work against beastman isnt it?

I cant just use flee+hide grabbing all camp out of halo so i can brake it safely? Or maybe just sac pull
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-07 17:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Hide doesn't work on Beastmen. But flee works to lose them aggro if you can range them far enough and they get bored of you. I have done it a few times, but it is not guaranteed. I have also tried losing beastmen aggro and Tonberry followed me across the entire zone and didn't lose it once, so there's also a possibility you could be wasting your time if you did that method.

Pets can sack pull though, and they can even land debuffs on beastmen while they are invisible.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 17:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool.

I just briefly read BST thread but it seems there are some sturdy pets?
Or should i just resort to PUP?
By SimonSes 2020-08-07 17:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this hippo with 20 radius move (Nihility Song) might be good for aggro and sack pulling. Not sure if it will live long enough tho. Those mobs there hit like a trucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-07 18:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweltering Patrice (slime) would be good with Fluid Spread. Takes very little dmg from physical and can cure itself without the need for Reward, and Digest is on a 1 charge timer so it's practically inkillable in a DT set unless hit by a magical spell/abil
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 237 238 239