The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Aburaage
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-11-09 02:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
After 4 minutes on Bumba, he obviously goes ape ***and gains access to his Orbs / Aura.

If doing a 3x rotation, and he had gained access to the aura, if we were to re-enter the Bumba fight would it reset his 4-minute timer? Or would he still have aura/orb access?

Same with any of the T3s. If they used their auras, would it still be up should we re-enter the fight?
Re entering removes the aura
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-09 04:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
After 4 minutes on Bumba, he obviously goes ape ***and gains access to his Orbs / Aura.

If doing a 3x rotation, and he had gained access to the aura, if we were to re-enter the Bumba fight would it reset his 4-minute timer? Or would he still have aura/orb access?

Same with any of the T3s. If they used their auras, would it still be up should we re-enter the fight?
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Re entering removes the aura
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
They (aura) would still be up if they were not removed afaik if reentering the same fight/mob.

Getting mixed messages. Anyone else know the answer to this question?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-11-09 05:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumba's fetter/stagger mode resets
All NMs debuff aura/2hrs will trigger immediately upon aggro if the hp threshold is met
The debuff aura/SP ability are randomized on each attempt (SP for lower tier atonement NMs)

One weird thing that happened with Bumba's fetter mode is that there is a chance he will glitch and aggro anyone in the battlefield even after going passive in the center when they raise, regardless of distance. It only happened once, but for anyone doing the 6% x 3 strat on Bumba, it may be something to consider.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-19 18:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Colombain said: »
Hello, do we need to use amplifier for all 3 fights to get full bonus next round? Can we use on selective fights?

For example

Bumba (use amplifier) 2. Kalunga (use) 3. Ongo (no use)

Will this affect bonus we get next round? Or do we need to use amplifier on every fight?

Secondly, can we delay the bonus by not using amplifier on the first fight?

For example

Bumba (no use) 2. Kalunga (use)

Does this make 3 fight bonuses on kalunga? Or it must be the first fight of the next round?

Simple answer to part one: No.
Simple answer to part two: Yes.

Just need to drop an amplifier at some point during your triple (and honestly, I'm not 100% on this and wonder if you can build a bonus up just by doing 3 fights, but zero info on that thought), and after you finish up it will say you've earned a bonus the next time you use an amplifier.

In regards to "using" your bonus, you can definitely save it. Often in my group we'll build a triple up, and the next fight only half or so will use an amplifier right then, while the rest of us save it a fight or two for something we really want.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-11-19 19:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not have to use an amplifier to create the x9 bonus. But if you're doing NMs for RP, there's absolutely no reason not to use an amplifier for every single NM that you want RP for.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-20 00:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Colombain said: »
Hello, do we need to use amplifier for all 3 fights to get full bonus next round? Can we use on selective fights?

For example

Bumba (use amplifier) 2. Kalunga (use) 3. Ongo (no use)

Will this affect bonus we get next round? Or do we need to use amplifier on every fight?

Secondly, can we delay the bonus by not using amplifier on the first fight?

For example

Bumba (no use) 2. Kalunga (use)

Does this make 3 fight bonuses on kalunga? Or it must be the first fight of the next round?

Simple answer to part one: No.
Simple answer to part two: Yes.

Just need to drop an amplifier at some point during your triple (and honestly, I'm not 100% on this and wonder if you can build a bonus up just by doing 3 fights, but zero info on that thought), and after you finish up it will say you've earned a bonus the next time you use an amplifier.

In regards to "using" your bonus, you can definitely save it. Often in my group we'll build a triple up, and the next fight only half or so will use an amplifier right then, while the rest of us save it a fight or two for something we really want.

There was a ton of misinformation spread early on that has since caused people to not understand the system. Goal has 2 rules about that bonus.

First is that current bonus is not consumed without an Amp being in effect.

Second is that a new bonus is not applied until you leave Goal and is based on the number of fights the party has "participated" in, with participated meaning dealt at least 5% damage to the NM.

These two rules together mean you can chain 3 NM runs to constantly have a maxed bonus present on the first NM you pop an amp on and then a minimal bonus on all other NM's in the run.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-11-30 00:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If I bring a new character to Sheol Gaol that only has access to V0 of an NM and kill it on V15 with a character that already has cleared it, will it give the new character access to V15, or does it still have to grind through V5/10 first?
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2021-11-30 01:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
If I bring a new character to Sheol Gaol that only has access to V0 of an NM and kill it on V15 with a character that already has cleared it, will it give the new character access to V15, or does it still have to grind through V5/10 first?

From what I understand, you have to have all the preceding tier v15s - So for example say you have a friend take you on a V15 bumba clear… you will still need to get the tier 1-3 v15 clears before being able yourself to initiate a v15 bumba.

So I believe it depends on what tier and what clears the new character has for tiers higher than tier 1.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Odyssey#Modifying_.22Vengeance.22
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-11-30 01:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have been more specific and said specifically starting from T1. I wanna get some friends and mules Bumba V15 access, but I wanna know if I can save 6k segments per NM if I just go straight to V15.

edit: hmm, I think the wiki implies you can, seems simple enough. thanks
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-11-30 04:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, you can do only T1 V15 x 4, T2 V15 x 6, T3 V15 x 6, then Bumba V10 to be able to take people into Bumba V15

Missing any of those and you won't be able to though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-30 16:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts/suggestions on minimalist Gigelorum party setups?

Getting a V15 win isn't the issue- I'm more looking for ways to fit it into a triple NM situation for a group without a PUP.
By SimonSes 2021-11-30 16:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting a V15 win isn't the issue- I'm more looking for ways to fit it into a triple NM situation for a group without a PUP.

Depends what jobs you use for other NMs. It's mostly leftover tank, leftover healer, leftover blunt DDs. Can use RDM or SMN for haste II. BLU is ideal too. Can do aoe heals, haste and blunt damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-30 17:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Depends what jobs you use for other NMs. It's mostly leftover tank, leftover healer, leftover blunt DDs. Can use RDM or SMN for haste II. BLU is ideal too. Can do aoe heals, haste and blunt damage.

yeah, pretty much our usual method for the 'scrap heap' jobs NM in a triple. My concern is mostly his nasty AoEs, and life without the typical ways to mitigate that, either through AoE healing or more defensive options thru buffing.

BLU is a damn solid point on the extra tools they bring beyond just the typical "Black Halo and Mighty Guard" for this kinda thing. As someone who doesn't play the job, I never jump to them mentally first^^
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-30 18:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to specify what the other NMs you're doing are and what jobs are available.

Monk and some other dps is sufficient for Gigelorum, whether it be a club user or probably a staff dragoon (can use Shell Crusher). BST can throw out aoe heals with PonderingPeter, and BST does have access to Oozes, which help a bit. Probably should bring panaceas if you don't have an eraser or blue for winds of promy. Whatever you bring, summoner is a good addition to help control hate via pacifying Ruby, as someone will probably cap hate on that fight at some point.

Think we did Gigs with a number of jobs, but won fairly easily with MNK BLU BST SMN tank ---. BST handled the heals and killer instinct, summoner did buffs and rubies, and blue and Monk did the damage with blue throwing out white winds and promy occasionally. His AOE was only troublesome when you get hit with Talk Thwack, which is-50% defense. You should either run immediately out of range when he uses it, or erase it.
By Vaerix 2021-11-30 19:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So my question is, is this without a PUP AND without a WHM?

Because if so, I don't know that there are many viable options. When we had Mata during a run we did it without a PUP a couple times during our Ongo rotation because we had whm available for heals, cureskin can be a lifesaver and you also need sacrifice to remove zombie from tank.

We found it easier to modify our other fights to bring pup to Mata with smn because it mitigates alot of the worst mechanics of the boss, our Blu healed the monk through damage.

If the reason for not using pup is no one has it, it would be easier to gear for that fight than most others as the boss is only really lethal to a tank due to the zombie effect which the pup ignores but real tanks have to have removed.

EDIT: rotation examples
No pup mata
Ongo: RUN/COR/BRD/SCH/BLM/GEO
Mata: PLD/SMN/BLU/WHM/MNK/BST
Procne: PUP/DRG/SAM/NIN/DNC/RDM

PUP Mata
Ongo: same
Mata: PUP/SMN/BLU/DNC/MNK/BST
Procne: PLD/DRG/SAM/WHM/RDM/NIN
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-02 22:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we just finished our 3 NM rotation and two got killed.

V15 Ngai: PLD/MNK/WAR/GEO/BRD/WHM

V15 Arribati: RUN/RDM/RNG/COR/THF/SAM (both THF and SAM have ranged sets, our THF is beyond brutal for this fight)

V15 Mboze: DRK/SCH/BLU/BST/SMN/DNC (not much else for the DNC to do but step debuffs)

Killed both Ngai and Arribati, got Mboze down to 65% before timing out.

We've all capped out Nyame, Sakpata and soonish Gletti. Next rotation might have Arribati or Bee as #1, the other as #2 and Mboze as #3, might possibly fit in an accessory NM as folks are expressing interest.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-12-03 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

V15 Arribati: RUN/RDM/RNG/COR/THF/SAM (both THF and SAM have ranged sets, our THF is beyond brutal for this fight)

V15 Mboze: DRK/SCH/BLU/BST/SMN/DNC (not much else for the DNC to do but step debuffs)

We've all capped out Nyame, Sakpata and soonish Gletti. Next rotation might have Arribati or Bee as #1, the other as #2 and Mboze as #3, might possibly fit in an accessory NM as folks are expressing interest.

Aight, I gotta know your THFs gearsets if you're able. That sounds amazing.
By SimonSes 2021-12-03 11:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its kinda easy to guess

ItemSet 382713
Cape: 30racc/20ratt,20agi,10sTP
Gandring: Path A

ItemSet 382714
Cape: 20racc/20ratt,30agi,10wsd

ItemSet 382715

FlurryII:
Pursuer's Hands path A
Pursuer's Feet path D
If you have both rings: Pursuer's Body path A

EDIT: Assuming you don't have problems with Ranged Accuracy, then Centovente offhand
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-03 12:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Aight, I gotta know your THFs gearsets if you're able. That sounds amazing.

I can get him to tell me them, I know it involves Ullr and two TP Bonus daggers.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-12-03 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure simon's sets are gonna be pretty close. Centovente, Fusetto +3, and Fusetto +2 are all different daggers and each one gives its tp bonus separately, so it makes sense you could dual wield any two of them and fire off 3k tp weaponskills at 1k. That actually looks kind of fun tbh. I may tinker around with that sometime myself.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-03 12:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"Two TP Bonus Daggers on Thief ranged shooting with Ullr for max deeps meta" was not on my bingo card. I'm astounded at how creative some of you players are.

I guess really any jobs that can abuse that kind of weapon combination (RDM, NIN) can make use of it. I never made two TP Bonus weapons on a job before, and it's too late for me to have fun with this now since I've capped most sets, but this really does look fun.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-03 12:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"Two TP Bonus Daggers on Thief ranged shooting with Ullr for max deeps meta" was not on my bingo card. I'm astounded at how creative some of you players are.

I guess really any jobs that can abuse that kind of weapon combination (RDM, NIN) can make use of it. I never made two TP Bonus weapons on a job before, and it's too late for me to have fun with this now since I've capped most sets, but this really does look fun.

Sadly only THF and NIN due to SJ being restricted inside there. Clearing two V15 T3's has been one of our white whales for awhile, glad we got it done.
[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-12-03 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 382719

Taeon and the back are all snap shot+10, we use rdm as the healer on that fight so have flurry 2

ItemSet 382718

cape is 'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','"Store TP"+10', i dont have Crep ring if your wondering why im using Chirich x2

ItemSet 382720

cape is 'STR+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%'
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-12-03 13:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot of talk about Pursuer's Gear, and rightly so if receiving Flurry2. But I'd suggest looking at Mrigavyadha Gloves over Pursuer's Hands (still a big fan of the feet, myself- but I find that for most sets Adhemar Kecks+1, path D to be a better choice than Pursuer's Legs as with the Adhemar you'll get both Snap and Rapid, not just a lot of Rapid).
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-12-03 13:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

o just a few things to add
buukki after all the weird stuff i made work over the years that you have seen personally this one gets you off guard >.>

also in high buffs thf gets donar gun with decimating bullets that can slam like a truck with last stand

thing about emp arrow, its really really sensitive to ratt and str, anyhow to anyone else who trys good luck, and happy hunting.... also try not to shoot the pld in the *** they dont like that >.>;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-03 13:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hadn't ever considered the application of two TP Bonus weapons, or even just one and shooting, like red mage. Obviously we do the reverse with cor and rng using the gun/bow, I just hadn't ever put it together that you could use two TP Bonus weapons and shoot.

Fwiw, I have shooting/ra/ranged WS sets on my ninja, red mage, and thief already, but the magian part got me. Clap hands zetaking. I am impressed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-12-03 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure meghanada gloves +2 is better than nyame gauntlets for ranged weaponskills as well. It's a small adjustment but every little bit helps.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-12-14 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I should have been more specific and said specifically starting from T1. I wanna get some friends and mules Bumba V15 access, but I wanna know if I can save 6k segments per NM if I just go straight to V15.

edit: hmm, I think the wiki implies you can, seems simple enough. thanks

Follow-up question to this,

I basically have V15 cleared on every NM except a T1 and a T3. If I clear that T1 on V15, will it retroactively unlock/count all the other V15s towards Bumba, or do I need to re-clear all of the T2/T3 on V15 again?
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 237 238 239