New Impeachment Scam Thread. Nice People Only.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29
By Nausi 2019-11-20 10:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sondland testified that Trump wanted “nothing” from Ukraine.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-20 10:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The phone call on September 9th was Trump giving up, the game was over and he had been caught, 2 days later he finally released the aid in hopes that it would all just go away. It didn't.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
So Sondland thinks there was a quid pro quo despite being repeatedly told there wasn’t.

Just like Vindman thought a favor meant quid pro quo.

Even though ukraine got the money and Biden wasn’t investigated for it.

This guys toast, its official.

That's probably the best they're ever going to get, too. I wonder if Pelosi is going to pull a bait and switch at the last minute to prevent this from going into the Senate where Democrats no longer have control of the narrative. Something like, "The American people have heard the facts and we know the Senate will acquit anyway, so we're going to abandon impeachment and let the people decide."
By fonewear 2019-11-20 10:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Is Trump going to be impeached? Y/N?

Yes, but not removed from office. So we get to eat popcorn while the drama unfolds.
I don't understand the difference.

Canadians have low standards for entertainment. Besides building igloos ice hockey and maple syrup.

I guess American politics amuse them because no one gives a ***about Canadian politics.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 10:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Impeachment is a charge, the lower house decides if they will charge someone.

Then it moves to the upper house (senate) where the senators are the jury, the SJC presides over the trial.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but not removed from office. So we get to eat popcorn while the drama unfolds.

Impeachment isn't the end, it's just the trigger for a Senate trial. Hence why Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-20 10:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So Sondland thinks there was a quid pro quo despite being repeatedly told there wasn’t.

Just like Vindman thought a favor meant quid pro quo.

Even though ukraine got the money and Biden wasn’t investigated for it.

This guys toast, its official.

That's probably the best they're ever going to get, too. I wonder if Pelosi is going to pull a bait and switch at the last minute to prevent this from going into the Senate where Democrats no longer have control of the narrative. Something like, "The American people have heard the facts and we know the Senate will acquit anyway, so we're going to abandon impeachment and let the people decide."

Considering thats yet another false summary of what Sondland has said, no, I would not expect that outcome.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-20 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a long pointless process so the Democrats can distract us from Joe Biden's teeth falling out...Bernie having a heart attack...and whatever the hell the rest of the losers are doing.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-20 10:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Then on to Iowa to talk to farmers or something. I'm sure every Democrat grew up on a farm or at the very least...knows the lyrics to Old MacDonald !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Then on to Iowa to talk to farmers or something. I'm sure every Democrat grew up on a farm or at the very least...knows the lyrics to Old MacDonald !

Oh yeah, they're super authentic people. Let me grab a beer, get some of this hot sauce out of my purse, and eat a hamburger with you to show you just how authentic I can be (when the cameras are rolling).
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 11:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Impeachment isn't the end, it's just the trigger for a Senate trial. Hence why Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed.
So what's the point in bothering?

Politics. I wish there was a better answer, but that's it.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 11:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the point in bothering?
Orange man bad.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 11:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

“I want nothing, I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo.”

Sondland’s own word in regards to what Trump told him he wanted from Ukraine.

Hard to argue against that.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-20 11:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

“I want nothing, I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo.”

Sondland’s own word in regards to what Trump told him he wanted from Ukraine.

Hard to argue against that.

Pretty easy actually, considering the context. Oh right, nausi never does context!
By Viciouss 2019-11-20 11:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Awwww yeah, Trump just pulled the I barely know the guy. Sondland is a coffee boy, confirmed.

Expect the Dems to address that remark shortly. Prepare for laughs

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 11:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hes done now, no president has even written down NOTES before.
By Nausi 2019-11-20 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after all this garbage we still have no crime being alleged.

Time to make one up.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 11:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hes done now, no president has even written down NOTES before.

Truly great presidents use teleprompters for everything.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-20 11:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Think he needs bifocals or something? Thats like size 20 font.
By Nausi 2019-11-20 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sondland: "Trump never said Ukraine had to investigate Biden to get the aid, I just assumed it."

Assumptions aren’t evidence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-20 12:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't expecting Sondland to be the star witness for both sides. Very strange.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 12:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What this "bombshell" hearing is amounting to:

- Another witness who never heard anything from the President

- Reached a nefarious conclusion on his own

- Is contradicted by witnesses who actually DID get directives from the President
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-11-20 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing in the article that backs up the claim of:

Quote:
Sondland testified that he and his colleagues were taking directions from Rudy Giuliani on orders from the president of the United States. “Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky,” Sondland said in his opening statement.

No mention of being specifically told by Giuliani, no dates, no mention of conversations/meetings where it was explained.
However, if you keep reading when they try to explain it, you get to see:

Quote:
Sondland testified that Trump was deeply suspicious of Ukraine, despite U.S. efforts to bolster the country against Russian aggression, and that Trump “even mentioned that Ukraine tried to take him down in the last election.”

Possible corruption you say? Didn't trust Ukraine? Sounds like reason enough to want to vet things a bit more before giving up a bunch of money.

Quote:
Sondland said he was not explicitly aware of why the security aid had not been delivered to Ukraine but noted that during a Sept. 1 meeting in Warsaw, “the Ukrainians had become aware that the security funds had yet to be disbursed. In the absence of any credible explanation for the hold, I came to the conclusion that the aid, like the White House visit, was jeopardized.” Sondland said: “By the end of the August, my belief was that if Ukraine did something to demonstrate a serious intention to fight corruption, specifically addressing Burisma and 2016 server, then the hold on military aid would be lifted.”

So he admits that he wasn't aware of why the aid was held. How can there be an absence of any credible explanation if Giuliani allegedly gave him a quid? HE came to the assumption that if they did something to demonstrate intention to fight corruption, the aid would be lifted. No one told him why the aid was held or what would get it released. He said he believed his reasoning. He wouldn't be believing anything if he was told a quid. He would just make the statement that according to <insert name>, the aid was being held to force Ukraine to <insert action>. If he was instructed by Giuliani as he originally claimed, it would be that simple.

Quote:
Sondland testified that his attempts to get Ukraine to announce an investigation into Burisma and the Bidens was based on his desire to “break the logjam” and get the aid distributed and the Oval Office meeting confirmed.

So it sounds like he wanted to do whatever he could to get Ukraine the assistance. HE attempted to get Ukraine to announce an investigation to break the logjam, because he knew Trump wanted an investigation and hoped if he got it, it would be enough to convince Trump to release the aid.

Quote:
“In a very brief pull-aside conversation, that happened within a few seconds, I told [Zelensky aide Andriy] Yermak that I believed that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” Sondland said. “I expressed this view to many during this period. But my goal, at the time, was to do what was necessary to get the aid released

So he believed that was the case, but NEVER gives any specific reasons as to why he believed this was the case. It would be very easy to say that Trump said it, Pence said it, <insert name> said it....but he doesn't...because it was all his doing. He wanted the aid released and hoped he had come up with something that would help it happen. He would have told Zelensky that the aid would be released once he made the public statement if that was the President's stance. Remember how Biden told them they weren't going to get their money unless the prosecutor was fired in the next few hours? He didn't say he believed they wouldn't get their money until he was fired. He had the backing of the POTUS in his statements. Sondland obviously did not.

Quote:
I believed that the public statement we had been discussing for weeks was essential to advancing that goal. I really regret that the Ukrainians were placed in that predicament, but I do not regret doing what I could to try to break the logjam and to solve the problem.”

Again, he just assumed it. He put the Ukrainians in that predicament, but admits he was doing what he could to get them the aid. No one keeps saying they believed anything if they were given direction.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-20 12:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep Chanti apparently didnt read her own article.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29