Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Vic give it up.

Rav is not going to change his line until the pee tape is released. Maybe not even then.

Its just funny because the one constant topic that divides Trump and the GOP is his pathetically soft stance on everything Russia, but here we have Rav trying to defend Trump's repeated false claims that no President has been tougher on Russia than he has, yet he has done little to nothing that could be considered remotely tough.

Cruise missile attacks on Syria, the approval of lethal arms sales on Ukraine, various new sanctions under the Magnitsky Act, condemning Germany for the gas pipeline, various defense-related measures against potential Russian attacks.... Yadda yadda yadda.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 13:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, nothing, which is all I expected from you. None of those yielded any actual results, and its a huge stretch to say he "condemned" Germany's gas pipeline, cried about it is more appropriate.
By fonewear 2018-07-18 13:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, nothing, which is all I expected from you. None of those yielded any actual results, and its a huge stretch to say he "condemned" Germany's gas pipeline, cried about it is more appropriate.

The only thing you are good at.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 13:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I researched this from sites that took comparative looks at our geopolitical responses to Russia over the years, many of which pointed out areas where Trump went a step beyond what Obama did (after Obama stopped being a wimp on Russia). I can't begin to explain how little your uninformed personal analysis means to me.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 13:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected, Trump went back to his overused lie of "no one has been tougher on Russia than me, and Putin knows it and isn't happy about it." That's your cue to defend him Rav.
But those are the facts.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 13:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You "researched" those, really? What did you forget them or something? None of those small things are hard to remember, the Syria strikes that accomplished nothing and deterred no one, so effective that Assad used chemical weapons to win a battle a second time, not being afraid of Trump, and winning that bet. No amount of your "research" can change that fact.

Selling weapons to Ukraine..who promptly did nothing with them. How is that Ukrainian conflict going?

Repeating Obama's sanctions, which I told you not to try that card.

Your "research" didn't lead to a very informed response, mainly because Trump has and continues to be incredibly weak on Russia. This isn't hard at all.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
As expected, Trump went back to his overused lie of "no one has been tougher on Russia than me, and Putin knows it and isn't happy about it." That's your cue to defend him Rav.
But those are the facts.

Nope, already easily debunked.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Look peeps. The democrats CANNOT give up this “muh russia” narrative. It is a made to order explanation as to their 2016 loss and it will be the excuse pointed to when they lose big in November.

If Russia didn’t hack the election and Trump isn’t a Russian agent, then they really are irrelevant losers who have terrible ideas like abolishing ice and banning guns and raisig taxes and crippling regulations and open borders and massive welfare state. They don’t want to be losers and they can’t change their positions (the base would kill them), so double triple quadrupling down on this Russia thing is the only thingn they can do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 14:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You "researched" those, really? What did you forget them or something? None of those small things are hard to remember, the Syria strikes that accomplished nothing and deterred no one, so effective that Assad used chemical weapons to win a battle a second time, not being afraid of Trump, and winning that bet. No amount of your "research" can change that fact.

Selling weapons to Ukraine..who promptly did nothing with them. How is that Ukrainian conflict going?

Your "research" didn't lead to a very informed response, mainly because Trump has and continues to be incredibly weak on Russia. This isn't hard at all.

The discussion is in comparison to earlier presidents. Stop ignoring the fact that Barack "Hot Mic" Obama spent a vast majority of his presidency trying to pander to Putin. If it weren't for Crimea, you wouldn't be having this discussion with me because Trump could have called Putin a doo doo head and it would have been tougher on Putin than Obama's antics.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for another laugh nausi, its been a day full of them.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

About an hour after Trump said no Russia wasn't attacking us, his press secretary is trying to claim he didn't. More humor!
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The discussion is in comparison to earlier presidents. Stop ignoring the fact that Barack "Hot Mic" Obama spent a vast majority of his presidency trying to pander to Putin. If it weren't for Crimea, you wouldn't be having this discussion with me because Trump could have called Putin a doo doo head and it would have been tougher on Putin than Obama's antics.

Obama put a missile defense system in 3 different countries neighboring Russia. As you just listed, Trump has done nothing even remotely as tough as that.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 14:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 14:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic give it up.

Rav is not going to change his line until the pee tape is released. Maybe not even then.
Its just funny because the one constant topic that divides Trump and the GOP is his pathetically soft stance on everything Russia, but here we have Rav trying to defend Trump's repeated false claims that no President has been tougher on Russia than he has, yet he has done little to nothing that could be considered remotely tough.
Cruise missile attacks on Syria, the approval of lethal arms sales on Ukraine, various new sanctions under the Magnitsky Act*, condemning Germany for the gas pipeline**, various defense-related measures against potential Russian attacks***.... Yadda yadda yadda.
*Ordered by the senate, unenforced by our fearful leader.

**That's tough on Germany not Russia.

***Name just one. Also how it is "tough on Russia."
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 14:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama put a missile defense system in 3 different countries neighboring Russia. As you just listed, Trump has done nothing even remotely as tough as that.

He called for overhauling our nuclear arsenal with low-yield atomic weapons. That's a much bigger deterrent than some missile defense systems.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

He called for overhauling our nuclear arsenal with low-yield atomic weapons. That's a much bigger deterrent than some missile defense systems.

Its also not going to happen? We have a Obama-era signed nuclear drawdown TREATY with Russia, and the actual missile defense system IN PLACE. Trump floated a fantasy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 14:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic give it up.

Cruise missile attacks on Syria, the approval of lethal arms sales on Ukraine, various new sanctions under the Magnitsky Act*, condemning Germany for the gas pipeline**, various defense-related measures against potential Russian attacks***.... Yadda yadda yadda.
*Ordered by the senate, unenforced by our fearful leader.

**That's tough on Germany not Russia.

***Name just one. Also how it is "tough on Russia."

*The Treasury Department, not the Senate (according to Reuters)

**It's tough on both.

***Named above, but there are more, including upgrades for various missile defense systems and an increase in funding for the European Reassurance Initiative.
By fonewear 2018-07-18 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Its also not going to happen? We have a Obama-era signed nuclear drawdown TREATY with Russia, and the actual missile defense system IN PLACE. Trump floated a fantasy.

What the frick are you talking about? The Pentagon had recently completed the draft plans for the weapons. It's a work in progress, but it's happening.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking about the Maven project from around 2010? Or the B-62? Those have been active for a while. Or maybe the submarine program? That hasn't made it through Congress yet.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 14:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, none of those have anything to do with Trump.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 17:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG did you hear Trump sold them 20% of our uranium too? Ohh wait that was Hillary and she really did do that!

Do you guys understand how hollow this argument is? It's nothing but hysteria.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-07-18 17:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump isn't going to give an inch on this collusion thing guys, you'd better scream louder.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 17:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the uranium conspiracy theory again, pure hysteria. Never happened.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 17:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking about the Maven project from around 2010? Or the B-62? Those have been active for a while. Or maybe the submarine program? That hasn't made it through Congress yet.

There's this thing called "Google", you should give it a try. That is unless your selective reality forbids you from looking up anything that is guaranteed to prove you're wrong.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 17:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's this thing called "Google", you should give it a try. That is unless your selective reality forbids you from looking up anything that is guaranteed to prove you're wrong.

I don't need google to tell me about the Maven project or the B-62s. You don't have a monopoly on researching things, you are just now learning things that have been active or been in development for years.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 17:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't need google to tell me about the Maven project or the B-62s. You don't have a monopoly on researching things, you are just now learning things that have been active or been in development for years.

It has nothing to do with either of those things, hence why I asked you to research it yourself.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 17:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And I didn't start the conversation not having a clue about any of it. I have a general idea before I ever begin, but I research as I discuss to make sure I'm not talking out of my rear end.

It must be nice to hear something once, form a knee-jerk opinion, set it in stone, and pretend you're an expert all of a sudden. That's not how I operate, though.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Top Voting Machine Vendor Admits It Installed Remote-Access Software on Systems Sold to States
Remote-access software and modems on election equipment 'is the worst decision for security short of leaving ballot boxes on a Moscow street corner.'

Motherboard

Quote:
The nation's top voting machine maker has admitted in a letter to a federal lawmaker that the company installed remote-access software on election-management systems it sold over a period of six years, raising questions about the security of those systems and the integrity of elections that were conducted with them.

In a letter sent to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) in April and obtained recently by Motherboard, Election Systems and Software acknowledged that it had "provided pcAnywhere remote connection software … to a small number of customers between 2000 and 2006," which was installed on the election-management system ES&S sold them.

The statement contradicts what the company told me and fact checkers for a story I wrote for the New York Times in February. At that time, a spokesperson said ES&S had never installed pcAnywhere on any election system it sold. "None of the employees, … including long-tenured employees, has any knowledge that our voting systems have ever been sold with remote-access software," the spokesperson said....
No. Fricking. Comment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 133 134 135