Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 133 134 135
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 18:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that only leaves the submarine program, which has been in development for a long time, but hasn't made it through Congress and is probably still a couple of years away from actually being active. Or you could be referring to Trump's request for a "mini-nuke," which as I have already stated, is a fantasy.

Either way, military projects very seldom, if ever, are the brainchild of the Executive Branch. And Trump is no exception, being one of, if not the least knowledgeable executive we have ever had. Which still leaves us with Trump has not even attempted to be tough on Russia, much less produced any results. Which you reinforced quite nicely.
By Zerowone 2018-07-18 18:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Top Voting Machine Vendor Admits It Installed Remote-Access Software on Systems Sold to States
Remote-access software and modems on election equipment 'is the worst decision for security short of leaving ballot boxes on a Moscow street corner.'

Motherboard

Quote:
The nation's top voting machine maker has admitted in a letter to a federal lawmaker that the company installed remote-access software on election-management systems it sold over a period of six years, raising questions about the security of those systems and the integrity of elections that were conducted with them.

In a letter sent to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) in April and obtained recently by Motherboard, Election Systems and Software acknowledged that it had "provided pcAnywhere remote connection software … to a small number of customers between 2000 and 2006," which was installed on the election-management system ES&S sold them.

The statement contradicts what the company told me and fact checkers for a story I wrote for the New York Times in February. At that time, a spokesperson said ES&S had never installed pcAnywhere on any election system it sold. "None of the employees, … including long-tenured employees, has any knowledge that our voting systems have ever been sold with remote-access software," the spokesperson said....
No. Fricking. Comment.

It’s ok though. Donnie 2Scoops said Russia is no longer targeting US elections.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/asked-if-russia-still-targeting-u-s-trump-says-no-idUSKBN1K82AV

Oh and he’s totally considering the scenario of allowing Russia to openly interrogate US citizens.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397701-white-house-trump-open-to-russia-questioning-us-citizens

It’s cool he’s got it covered because he’s a 2^256D chess master...or an idiot, or a pussy, or compromised by Putin. Or a combination of the 3.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-07-18 18:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Trump isn't going to give an inch on this colusion thing guys, you'd better scream louder.
This is true. He wrote it in his notes and everything.
(Fixed the spelling error, Nausi. Easy mistake ^^)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 19:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Well, that only leaves the submarine program, which has been in development for a long time, but hasn't made it through Congress and is probably still a couple of years away from actually being active. Or you could be referring to Trump's request for a "mini-nuke," which as I have already stated, is a fantasy.

Either way, military projects very seldom, if ever, are the brainchild of the Executive Branch. And Trump is no exception, being one of, if not the least knowledgeable executive we have ever had. Which still leaves us with Trump has not even attempted to be tough on Russia, much less produced any results. Which you reinforced quite nicely.

/facepalm

No. It's not the submarine program either. Low-yield atomic weapons. I said that earlier.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 19:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Top Voting Machine Vendor Admits It Installed Remote-Access Software on Systems Sold to States
Remote-access software and modems on election equipment 'is the worst decision for security short of leaving ballot boxes on a Moscow street corner.'

Motherboard

Quote:
The nation's top voting machine maker has admitted in a letter to a federal lawmaker that the company installed remote-access software on election-management systems it sold over a period of six years, raising questions about the security of those systems and the integrity of elections that were conducted with them.

In a letter sent to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) in April and obtained recently by Motherboard, Election Systems and Software acknowledged that it had "provided pcAnywhere remote connection software … to a small number of customers between 2000 and 2006," which was installed on the election-management system ES&S sold them.

The statement contradicts what the company told me and fact checkers for a story I wrote for the New York Times in February. At that time, a spokesperson said ES&S had never installed pcAnywhere on any election system it sold. "None of the employees, … including long-tenured employees, has any knowledge that our voting systems have ever been sold with remote-access software," the spokesperson said....
No. Fricking. Comment.

A small number of customers between 2000-2006? I knew it! The Russians colluded with Bush to beat Kerry!
By fonewear 2018-07-18 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Motherboard

Quote:

No. Fricking. Comment.

No comment is still a comment you lose !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-18 19:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Putin is working in the CIA I have no proof to back it up but I read it on CNN. It's true. It's true. !
By fonewear 2018-07-18 19:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything has to fit the narrative for me to believe it. If everyone says Trump is evil. Well damn it he is pure evil.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-18 19:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should go in a submarine Vic...and when you go down there tell us if you can see Russia from the bottom of the ocean.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
/facepalm

No. It's not the submarine program either. Low-yield atomic weapons. I said that earlier.

And..as I've been saying..we have hundreds of those in service right now.
By fonewear 2018-07-18 19:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

See Rav when Nausi itsn't here you become Nausi. Vic would argue with a wall as long as the wall hated Trump.

Wait a minute...Trump wants to build a wall...it all coming together.

Vic hates walls !
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2018-07-18 19:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I mean, they don't put portholes on submarines, contrary to a fairly funny joke.

You can pick up their coolant pump noise frequencies though. We spy on them with our subs, they spy on us with theirs. Sometimes our subs play tag. Other times they play croquet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 19:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
/facepalm

And..as I've been saying..we have hundreds of those in service right now.

Vic, holy crap, just straight up say that you aren't willing to take five seconds to research what Trump is actually doing, jeez.

Quote:
In the newly released Nuclear Posture Review, the Trump administration signaled it is developing a strategy in which low-yield nuclear war heads will be attached to ballistic missiles that could be launched by submarines and delivered thousands of miles away.

While the 2018 NPR says that there are no plans to increase the nuclear stockpile, this strategy in effect could increase the number of low-yield nuclear weapons. Cirincione said one possibility in fitting a low-yield warhead to a ballistic missile would involve the adaptation of Hydrogen bombs. Those bombs are built with two interrelated components: one creates an atomic explosion which in turn triggers a load of hydrogen fuel that greatly increases the magnitude of the explosion.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 19:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, the submarine program, really Rav? THE SUBMARINE PROGRAM. What the *** did I say earlier.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 20:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, the submarine program, really Rav? THE SUBMARINE PROGRAM. What the *** did I say earlier.

Because "the submarine program" couldn't mean a million other things even vaguely related to submarines.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 20:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when it comes to nuclear programs the only 3 viable ones are the subs (most likely) the planes (2nd) and the silos (3rd). Surface ships carry them but they would never launch one unless they were literally The Last Ship which was a stupid show.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump punks the media again, Lisa page is singing behind closed doors, Strzok looking to be a CIA agent and have ties to Brennan, and Pleebo is harping on my spelling......

Bad day for libs.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 20:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was a great day nausi. Full of amusement and bullshitting from the WH. And nothing you said actually happened.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 20:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when Obama told his intel department to stand down when they thought russia was doing ***in 2016?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-order-russian-cyberattacks-summer-2016-204935758.html

I wonder why?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 20:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Your conspiracy theories never get old.
By Nausi 2018-07-18 20:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

dude, who would have thought Vic had an overdrive mode on his spin machine?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 20:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

dude, who would have thought Vic had an overdrive mode on his spin machine?

You are the only one here spewing nonsense, as usual. How about the news that the US is actually considering Russia's request to interview US citizens? That kind of stupidity is something you would expect from nausi, not the actual US gov't. But its Trump and Russia, so anything goes.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 20:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when Obama told his intel department to stand down when they thought russia was doing ***in 2016?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-order-russian-cyberattacks-summer-2016-204935758.html

I wonder why?

Post an article that states something entirely different than your claims, only nausi is capable of such idiocy.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-07-18 21:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

and Pleebo is harping on my spelling......
simpsons_thatsthejoke.gif
By Eboneezer 2018-07-19 05:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How about the news that the US is actually considering Russia's request to interview US citizens?

I wonder if their investigators matter questioners will write exoneration letters before they interview them like ours selectively do.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-07-19 08:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs are again spreading “anonymous sources” facts I don't like about “muh Russia”. THis time that Trump knew Putin personally ordered the meddling.

Actually trying to spin “trump is a russian plant” into something.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-19 09:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Three things

except
1.) obama knew about it two years before trump threw his hat in the ring.

2.) if obama is weak minded enough to be talked out of his conviction, who is the idiot?

3.) anyone with $40 can join the NRA... it's not a secret society.

gun rights advocates typically support pro gun candidates...
not sure why you seemed to be confused and bewildered by this.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-19 10:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like its going to be another fun filled day as Trump continues to throw temper tantrums and swing wildly (and inaccurately, of course) at people not responsible for his failed European trip.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 133 134 135