Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Nausi said: »
Secondly “whataboutism” typically hoes like this

A) Trump did X and im outraged
B) actually Trump didn’t do X he didn’t even come close
A) (insert democrat) actually did X though, what do you think of that?
B) Reeeeeeeeee whataboutism reeeeeeee.
None of this is even applicable to what I was talking about. You and Rav wanna bring up Hillary despite that investigation being over for... how long now? It has no bearing on the Mueller probe. It does make for a nice distraction for people who can use the term "Deep State" with a straight face.

It has no bearing the Mueller probe itself. It has bearing on your take on it. You're sitting there and lecturing us on stuff that you are guilty of yourself.

Bro, we know you. You don't have the luxury of making arguments in a bubble.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 08:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask Rav he is the one looking at them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 08:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
You are cherry picking, plain and simple. Desperate to change the topic away from Trump's current self inflicted disaster, in which he is treating people like you and nausi like idiots and not fooling anyone else, you tried to bring up Trump's failing poll numbers. And it didn't work, no surprise there.

Okay, let's look at an apples-to-apples comparison that even you can understand. Trump's favorability ratings (not approval, because that doesn't exist before you take office):

Election day: 37.5 favorable, 58.5 unfavorable. Hint: he won.

Today: 41.5 favorable, 53.3 unfavorable.

"Failing" implies a negative trend. He's doing better than when he beat you. If you want to have a discussion about data, take 12 second and form a real argument. Your selective reality doesn't count.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 08:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I never brought up his underwater polls, you did, in your latest attempt at deflection. I don't care about his poll numbers, but clearly you want to talk about it, just to avoid the actual topic of his temper tantrums.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 09:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I never brought up his underwater polls, you did, in your latest attempt at deflection. I don't care about his poll numbers, but clearly you want to talk about it, just to avoid the actual topic of his temper tantrums.

I have no need to deflect. You guys are blowing it so out of proportion that it's going to backfire, just like everything else.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 09:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why are you deflecting?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to help you here. Getting dragged into the mire and feeding your TDS won't accomplish anything.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 09:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, George Soros calls Obama his "greatest disappointment" in a New York Times interview. Apparently old George has a problem with people taking his money and then shutting him out. Considering who he donates to, I fail to understand his surprise.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In non surprising news, Trump continues to lie on twitter as his supporters desperately try to change the subject.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 09:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In non surprising news, Trump continues to lie on twitter as his supporters desperately try to change the subject.

Give this a shot. Point out the exact lie, give the corrected statement. Otherwise you're hiding behind vague generalizations that are indicative of subjective feelings as apposed to objective facts.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 10:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, no problem. Where to start I wonder? Should we go talk about his lies bout the Queen reviewing her royal guard for the first time in 70 years, in which Trump could not walk in a straight line? Well I guess that wasn't on twitter, it was during his bullshitting yesterday when he lied about "misspeaking" and continued to spread the lie about "maybe it was other countries." No, it wasn't.

Or maybe the lies about how "many unnamed people" loved his disaster press conference with Putin? No one loved that press conference, not even the dumbest of his supporters.

Or maybe his lying about the results of the NATO summit, where no country agreed to alter their spending plans? No money was raised, nothing changed except for Trump's story.

Or maybe his lies about "many democrats" wish they voted for the tax cuts on the wealthy, which in reality, several of the swing vote republicans have gone on the record expressing regret because nothing was delivered.

Thats just in the last few days. I'm sure he will continue to lie as today goes on, and they will be just as easy to debunk.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stick with the Twitter ones, since that was your original claim.

Or maybe the lies about how "many unnamed people" loved his disaster press conference with Putin? No one loved that press conference, not even the dumbest of his supporters.

Or maybe his lying about the results of the NATO summit, where no country agreed to alter their spending plans? No money was raised, nothing changed except for Trump's story.

Or maybe his lies about "many democrats" wish they voted for the tax cuts on the wealthy, which in reality, several of the swing vote republicans have gone on the record expressing regret because nothing was delivered.

1. Complaining about lying... with an exaggeration? If you have to resort to using absolutes, you're probably wrong.

2. Some countries made comments about upping their efforts (Merkel was talking 1.5% recently, upped that to the 2% after the talks). Did Trump greatly exaggerate his influence? Yeah, probably.

3. It was tax cuts for more than just the wealthy, so your like it attack is misleading right there. More vague declarations, similar to what Trump was doing.

1 out of 3 ain't bad for you Vic. Too bad you had to resort to the exact same tactics that you get mad at for Trump using on the other 2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 11:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

like it attack = line of attack

I think I'm done with long posts from my phone for now....
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-07-18 11:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No one loved that press conference
Putin did.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 11:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Putin did.

Oh yeah, that's true. Putin is still basking in the huge win Trump handed him, he and Kim Jong Un.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Putin did.

Oh yeah, that's true. Putin is still basking in the huge win Trump handed him, he and Kim Jong Un.

He didn't secretly airlift them pallets of cash.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 11:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected, Trump went back to his overused lie of "no one has been tougher on Russia than me, and Putin knows it and isn't happy about it." That's your cue to defend him Rav.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 12:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected, Trump went back to his overused lie of "no one has been tougher on Russia than me, and Putin knows it and isn't happy about it." That's your cue to defend him Rav.

Tougher than who? George "dead ideological rivalry" Bush? Barack "cancelled missile defense plan with Poland and the Czech Republic" Obama? Hillary "giant red reset button" Clinton? Angela "huge gas pipeline" Merkel? Clarify the frame of reference, please.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 12:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He hasn't been tougher than any of those people, but he claimed, falsely, that no President has been tougher than him on Russia. So good luck with that defense Rav.
When in reality, no President has ever been softer on Russia than Trump. Russia is waging a cyber war against us right now, and its been proven and verified, but when asked about it today, Trump lied and said "no." Its only noon.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 12:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He hasn't been tougher than any of those people, but he claimed, falsely, that no President has been tougher than him on Russia. So good luck with that defense Rav.
When in reality, no President has ever been softer on Russia than Trump. Russia is waging a cyber war against us right now, and its been proven and verified, but when asked about it today, Trump lied and said "no." Its only noon.

As far as geopolitical relations are concerned, Trump has been tougher on Russia than Obama, mainly because Obama was soft during his first term and didn't really up his game until the annexation of Crimea in 2014. Beyond that, they're pretty much comparable.

Obviously Trump has been softer on the whole meddling thing, but that's only one piece of the much larger puzzle.

Which context do you think Trump was referring to? Duh, the geopolitical relations.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 12:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I wonder what actions Trump has taken that cause you to think Trump has been tough on Putin at all, without even comparing to other Presidents? He has ceded Crimea and Syria to Putin completely, done nothing to address the cyber warfare, hell he doesn't even acknowledge the cyber warfare, which he proved again today. So no, Trump has not been tougher than Obama, or any other President.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-18 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I wonder what actions Trump has taken that cause you to think Trump has been tough on Putin at all, without even comparing to other Presidents? He has ceded Crimea and Syria to Putin completely, done nothing to address the cyber warfare, hell he doesn't even acknowledge the cyber warfare, which he proved again today. So no, Trump has not been tougher than Obama, or any other President.

Vic, you clearly don't know what you're talking about at this point. You have like 5% of the facts and base your entire argument around them. I'm over here reading crap from various sources to make sure I have my story straight, and you focus on one or two things, combine that with vague generalities, and think you have a comprehensive argument. Try harder.
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 12:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If your done trying to lecture me on something you don't know anything about, I'm still waiting on you to share something Trump has done that can be classified as "tough" on Russia. And don't try to give him credit for not stopping Obama's sea based missile defense program or continuing Obama's sanctions. Good luck on this defense, its going to be an uphill climb for you considering Trump just handed Putin the Helsinki meeting.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 12:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And the beat goes on....

Russian bots are using #WalkAway to try to wound Dems in midterms
CNN

Quote:
... Republicans want to split up the Democratic political opposition and divide black and Latino voters. And Russia looks like it wants to help here, too. But this time it won't work.

The most recent example of this strategy is the #WalkAway hashtag, which is presented as a grassroots effort by former Democrats who are critical of the party's alleged intimidation, confrontation and lack of civility and want people to walk away from the party.

However, #WalkAway has also now been connected to Kremlin-linked Russian bots, and it is now the seventh most popular Russia-influenced hashtag as of this writing, according to the website Hamilton 68, which tracks Russian influence on Twitter as part of the Alliance for Securing Democracy, an initiative of the nonpartisan German Marshall Fund. The purpose of this now-astroturf campaign is to manipulate public opinion by creating the illusion that this is a popular movement. In reality, #WalkAway has become pure propaganda, a psychological operation....
Love the smell of psyops in the morning...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-18 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic give it up.

Rav is not going to change his line until the pee tape is released. Maybe not even then.
By fonewear 2018-07-18 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And the beat goes on....

Russian bots are using #WalkAway to try to wound Dems in midterms
CNN

Quote:
... Republicans want to split up the Democratic political opposition and divide black and Latino voters. And Russia looks like it wants to help here, too. But this time it won't work.

The most recent example of this strategy is the #WalkAway hashtag, which is presented as a grassroots effort by former Democrats who are critical of the party's alleged intimidation, confrontation and lack of civility and want people to walk away from the party.

However, #WalkAway has also now been connected to Kremlin-linked Russian bots, and it is now the seventh most popular Russia-influenced hashtag as of this writing, according to the website Hamilton 68, which tracks Russian influence on Twitter as part of the Alliance for Securing Democracy, an initiative of the nonpartisan German Marshall Fund. The purpose of this now-astroturf campaign is to manipulate public opinion by creating the illusion that this is a popular movement. In reality, #WalkAway has become pure propaganda, a psychological operation....
Love the smell of psyops in the morning...

I'm a Russian bot ask me how I rigged the election .
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-18 13:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Vic give it up.

Rav is not going to change his line until the pee tape is released. Maybe not even then.

Its just funny because the one constant topic that divides Trump and the GOP is his pathetically soft stance on everything Russia, but here we have Rav trying to defend Trump's repeated false claims that no President has been tougher on Russia than he has, yet he has done little to nothing that could be considered remotely tough.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 133 134 135