Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 133 134 135
By Nausi 2018-09-26 08:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm not seeing McConnell's comments being reported in the "major" outlets yet, but I found this quote:

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) indicated Tuesday that the GOP was full steam ahead in putting on the Supreme Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh, who faces allegations for sexual misconduct.

“I believe he’ll be confirmed, yes,” McConnell said at a press conference at the Capitol, when asked if he had the votes.

Earlier in the press availability, McConnell said he was “confident we’re going to win.”

Right, so where does he say he has the votes?
(plans to call the vote)
(thinks the nominee will pass)
(doesn’t have the votes)

Lol just vic being vic
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-26 08:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So, wait.

Dems are catching ***for not handing Ford/Ramirez ***over to FBI?

Didn't we come to the conclusion that the FBI is in shambles, can't be trusted, and has their hands full wasting taxpayers money on a witch hunt?

Given the circumstances, if the FBI were to be investigating Kavanaugh, what would happen? Would his confirmation be put on hold? His nomination withdrawn? Or would he be voted on while the FBI investigates?

Tbf, if we're having a hearing for this and it's on short notice, like a few days, I don't see how the FBI would be the better option than the people who are supposed to be making a judgement call on the nominee.

This isn't a criminal trial, it's a trial of "who are we putting on the supreme court?" There should probably be an investigation afterwards if Ford and/or Ramirez seem credible in testimony.

Basically, Kavanaugh is being interviewed for a job, he's not being tried for rape.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-26 09:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen, if Mr. Turtle says he has the votes, he has the votes.

He may be bluffing but probably not, everything is party over everything else now.
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 09:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He never said he had the votes. Lisa Murkowski has said she wants the second accuser to testify, so that could slow things down.
By Nausi 2018-09-26 09:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He would not call the vote if he thought he was going to loose.

This is like rudimentary political theory.

This fraudster isnt going to show tomorrow.
By Nausi 2018-09-26 09:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Second accuser refuses to speak under oath or submit sworn statement under threat perjury.

Dems have totally blown this, people are pissed. Liberals once aagain are tone deaf as usual. So much for them caring about victims (only if it’s politically ripe lmao).
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Second accuser refuses to speak under oath or submit sworn statement under threat perjury.

Lets try this again, having been debunked on yesterday's lies.. source?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-26 09:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
So, wait.

Dems are catching ***for not handing Ford/Ramirez ***over to FBI?

Didn't we come to the conclusion that the FBI is in shambles, can't be trusted, and has their hands full wasting taxpayers money on a witch hunt?

Given the circumstances, if the FBI were to be investigating Kavanaugh, what would happen? Would his confirmation be put on hold? His nomination withdrawn? Or would he be voted on while the FBI investigates?

Tbf, if we're having a hearing for this and it's on short notice, like a few days, I don't see how the FBI would be the better option than the people who are supposed to be making a judgement call on the nominee.

This isn't a criminal trial, it's a trial of "who are we putting on the supreme court?" There should probably be an investigation afterwards if Ford and/or Ramirez seem credible in testimony.

Basically, Kavanaugh is being interviewed for a job, he's not being tried for rape.

They are talking about what happened with the Dem's first got their plant err "information". They deliberately held onto it as a last resort to push the vote past the midterms with the hope of taking a majority and blocking the nomination entirely. The hearing isn't on short notice, it's been going on for months now.

As things stands there is far more evidence that this story is complete ***. Dems are demanding Kavanaugh prove he didn't do something, which is impossible to do. You can not prove a negative, only show that it's unlikely to be true, which has been done.

Quote:

Except he's not, he's being tried for being a conservative. The importance here is that the Dem's can take control over a democratic government by weaponized unsubstantiated sexual assault allegations.

You still haven't told us why your still supporting that child rapist. How can you possibly talk to anyone while supporting, practically encouraging such deplorable behaviors.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-26 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets try this again, having been debunked on yesterday's lies.. source?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/408446-second-kavanaugh-accuser-willing-to-testify-lawyer-says

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/politics/deborah-ramirez-attorney-kavanaugh-cnntv/index.html

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/ramirez-lawyer-senate-judiciary-committee-refused-meet-kavanaugh.html
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-26 10:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He may be bluffing but probably not, everything is party over everything else now.

He may not have the votes nor does he actually want Kavanuagh.
The sooner he can get a failed vote on the floor the sooner he can get a new nominee.
By Zerowone 2018-09-26 10:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

He may not have the votes nor does he actually want Kavanuagh.
The sooner he can get a failed vote on the floor the sooner he can get a new nominee.

Just for reference:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/us/politics/trump-mcconnell-supreme-court.html

Quote:
July 7, 2018
Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, told President Trump this past week that Judges Raymond M. Kethledge and Thomas M. Hardiman presented the fewest obvious obstacles to being confirmed to replace Justice Anthony M. Kennedy on the Supreme Court, according to Republican officials briefed on the conversation.

While careful not to directly make the case for any would-be justice, Mr. McConnell made clear in multiple phone calls with Mr. Trump and the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, that the lengthy paper trail of another top contender, Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, would pose difficulties for his confirmation.

Imagine that...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-26 10:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Imagine that...

NO! I was watching the Vickie and Nausi Show! Turn it back on!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you shut down the entertainment right away, what a jerk.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-26 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He never said he had the votes. Lisa Murkowski has said she wants the second accuser to testify, so that could slow things down.
He has implied it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He has implied it.

Because that's all he can do, its not like he can go out there and say he doesn't think the vote will pass lol. As of right now, there are too many undecideds for him to clearly say he has the votes. Pretty basic.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-26 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
You still haven't told us why your still supporting that child rapist. How can you possibly talk to anyone while supporting, practically encouraging such deplorable behaviors.
Who am I supporting?

You seem to have one hell of a head canon, you should write a book.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-26 10:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mr. Turtle
Just curious, reference to this guy? lol

[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-26 10:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Please quote where she commits to testify under oath.
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Who am I supporting?

The publisher would send back the first draft saying he took 50 pages to make one point that might be factual but likely isn't.
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Please quote where she commits to testify under oath.

Nausi proving me right again!
By Nausi 2018-09-26 10:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has not ***anything down. She wont testify under oath. Thats the key phrase here.
By Zerowone 2018-09-26 10:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t you love it when 4chan trolls it’s users?

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960940884709378

Quote:
Declaration of Julie Swetnick

I, JULIE SWETNICK, declare as follows:

10. I have reviewed Brett Kavanaugh's recent claim on Fox News regarding his alleged "innocence" during his high school years and lack of sexual activity. This claim is absolutely false and a lie. I witnessed Brett Kavanaugh consistently engage in excessive drinking and inappropriate contact of a sexual nature with women during the early 1980s.

11. During the years 1981-82, I became aware of efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to "spike" the "punch" at house parties I attended with drugs and/or grain alcohol so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say "No." This caused me to make an effort to purposely avoid the "punch" at these parties. I witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to "target" particular girls so they could be taken advantage of; it was usually a girl that was especially vulnerable because she was alone at the party or shy.

12. I also witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to become inebriated and disoriented so they could then be "gang raped" in a side room or bedroom by a "train" of numerous boys. I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of these parties waiting for their "turn" with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh.

13. In approximately 1982, I became the victim of one of these "gang" or "train" rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present. Shortly after the incident, I shared what had transpired with at least two other people. During the incident, I was incapacitated without my consent and unable to fight off the boys raping me. I believe I was drugged using Quaaludes or something similar placed in what I was drinking.

14. I am aware of other witnesses that can attest to the truthfulness of each of the statements above.

I declare, under penalty of perjury and under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. I have executed this declaration on September 25, 2018.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-26 10:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Who am I supporting?

The publisher would send back the first draft saying he took 50 pages to make one point that might be factual but likely isn't.
No, I'm genuinely curious as to what child rapist I am supporting.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'm genuinely curious as to what child rapist I am supporting.

Oh I have no idea. I'm surprised you got that far into his drivel.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-26 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the popular thing to do now a days.

[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has not ***anything down. She wont testify under oath. Thats the key phrase here.[/quote]

Attempt #2 (for today): Source?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-26 10:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Could y'all be confused about the Second and Third Accuser?
By Nausi 2018-09-26 10:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Accusations provided without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-26 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dems have totally blown this, people are pissed. Liberals once aagain are tone deaf as usual. So much for them caring about victims (only if it’s politically ripe lmao).

So, dismissed!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-26 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Has not ***anything down. She wont testify under oath. Thats the key phrase here.

Attempt #2 (for today): Source?[/quote]

There was a USA Today article detailing that she wouldn't testify without an FBI investigation, which is highly unlikely to begin with.
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 133 134 135