Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump Is The 45th And Current President Of The United States. All Of Your Viewpoints Are Invalid.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 109 110 111

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be noted that distribution of fire arms in the U.S. is extremely uneven. A not insubstantial amount come from people who own several for collecting and/or sport.

Every person in a group of 10 having a gun and 1 guy having 10 half of which are collectors items with everyone else having none give you the same ratios but have wildly different impacts
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-05-23 17:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Canada:
25k gun per 100k
2 death per 100k

USA
100k gun per 100k
12 death per 100k

Even if you simply divide the US number of death by 4, it's still higher. So no, it doesn't make Americans more responsible with guns.

Are you guys pretending to interpret statistics again? It's rare when the numbers y'all quote actually match up with the point you're trying to make. This case is no different.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-05-23 18:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Should be noted that distribution of fire arms in the U.S. is extremely uneven. A not insubstantial amount come from people who own several for collecting and/or sport.

Every person in a group of 10 having a gun and 1 guy having 10 half of which are collectors items with everyone else having none give you the same ratios but have wildly different impacts

I can attest to this as I myself have 8 pistols, 6 rifles and 4 shotguns. I also believe I am no where close to some people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-05-23 18:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, the NFL has finally realized that alienating millions of people isn't a good business model.

On one side of the argument, you have the ability to say you're "woke". On the other side of the argument, you have access to a substantially larger pile of cash. You wouldn't think that would be a hard business decision, but I guess the wallet wins out in the long run.

New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem

Quote:
ATLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-05-23 18:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

I can attest to this as I myself have 8 pistols, 6 rifles and 4 shotguns. I also believe I am no where close to some people.
I have two friends who are gun nuts and gunsmiths. I believe both of them are a few days away, without buying a single part, from 50+.

I once knew a collector who had a few hundred.

Personally, I have a commemorative .22 revolver around somewhere.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-05-23 18:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
... Before feminism, 6s would pair with 6s, 8s with 8s etc, with a little variablility in between. After feminism, all the women embrace their inner *** and just share the 10s, 9s and 8s wondering why all the alphas wont commit to one entree at the buffet. This leaves all the reat of men to be involuntarily celibate (incels).
Bull pucky.

I was around before the pill and second wave feminism. No one got into my pants on looks. I have always favored brains. In brains I am a 10. I have slept with 5s brains department because they were good with words.

My mom was a DDG Jewish princess. 8 easy in looks. Only one of her three husbands was near as good looking as she.

But as I said, if you are not an incel, stop sounding like one.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-05-23 18:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh hey, the NFL has finally realized that alienating millions of people isn't a good business model.

On one side of the argument, you have the ability to say you're "woke". On the other side of the argument, you have access to a substantially larger pile of cash. You wouldn't think that would be a hard business decision, but I guess the wallet wins out in the long run.

Quote:
ATLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

They ducked it. A player can still kneel if they want to, and the team will be fined, which is a drop in the bucket to them. Or an entire team can stay in the locker room and face no discipline. They basically ensured that this story will continue for the entire season.
By Viciouss 2018-05-23 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Player safety/health is still their biggest problem, along with Roger Goodell.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 19:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I was around before the pill and second wave feminism. No one got into my pants on looks.
Goddamn how old are you granny?
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 19:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Guy I worked with had dozens of actual antique pieces as well as more functional ones and others that officially magically came into existence the moment he left California lol. Dude would make his own black powder for some of the older ones and reload newer stuff though became harder when everyone started collecting their brass.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-23 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys pretending to interpret statistics again?

Canada sucks greasy wart covered hobo *** in an open rail car during a sleet storm while kneeling in broken glass!

Their women look like alanis morrisette, they are as bitchy as avril lavigne and they smell like rotting whale blubber!

Canada is the nickelback of countries!

The only statistics anyone should care about is usa is #1 and canada never left the gate!

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-23 21:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

CALIFORNIA HAS THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO GUN VIOLENCE!

I don't know which I hate more:
1.) Yahoo! News
2.) Their subsidiary outlets
3.) Every news outlet in the world
4.) The U.S. Education system
5.) Modern Anime
6.) The U.S. Government
7.) Every individual below the age of 30

Who searches anything with bing?
Literal subhuman garbage people.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-05-23 21:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 21:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
All humans deserve the same rights and feeedoms, regardless of their behaviour.
I think you mean the exact opposite. You're actions should be the only thing that effects your rights and freedoms
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-23 21:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because they deserve equal rights doesn't mean they're not still mouth-breathing garbage people.

Also, why the *** is this Yanny/Laurel deal even a thing?
If the point of the topic is that the top-level administration of the U.S. government is actually butt-*** stupid - we've been aware of this for quite some time.
It's why our psychology experts are still trying to blame heavy metal and Doom 64 for school shootings like it's 1999.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-23 22:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so after finding the video and listening to it for like ten seconds: You will hear Yanny at a lower volume level and Laurel at higher volume level.
The fact that this video has somehow infiltrated every news outlet at an international level just gives me cancer.

We may as well be reporting international news about a dog taking a ***.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 22:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
I think you mean the exact opposite. You're actions should be the only thing that effects your rights and freedoms
I’m not talking about America’s definition of “rights and freedoms.”
I’m talking about the basic rights and freedoms inherent with being a human being that everyone deserves like access to clean water and freedom from slavery or physical torture etc

Your actions as an individual should never remove those basic rights.
Well if you are going to use non standard definitions it helps to explain ahead of time lol.

That said nothing inherent about clean water. You find it, make it, or buy it. It takes active human effort to obtain.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-23 22:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Your actions as an individual should never remove those basic rights.
There's more than a few people in this world that deserve to be starved in a cage, beaten with shovels, and boiled to death in their own piss.
...and that's just the people that drive in Ohio.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-05-23 22:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Quote:

They ducked it. A player can still kneel if they want to, and the team will be fined, which is a drop in the bucket to them. Or an entire team can stay in the locker room and face no discipline. They basically ensured that this story will continue for the entire season.

They haven't given the specific amount of the fine, but money is money, dude. No owner is going to tolerate consistent hits to the bank account when the players have the option to stay in the locker room. This wasn't a win for the protesters and their backers, given how much they're whining about the new rule already.
By Viciouss 2018-05-23 22:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They can only be fined so much, they fined Jerry Jones for conduct detrimental when he tried to save us from Goodell, a nice 2 million. I'm sure he paid cash for that. Needless to say, no fine will reach that amount, and every owner is a billionaire.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-05-23 23:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They can only be fined so much, they fined Jerry Jones for conduct detrimental when he tried to save us from Goodell, a nice 2 million. I'm sure he paid cash for that. Needless to say, no fine will reach that amount, and every owner is a billionaire.

Most billionaires aren't sitting on a pile of cash just waiting for someone to waste it for them. Their net worth is based on assets minus debts, not by how much liquid money they have just sitting in a bank account.

Obviously they can shrug off huge fines more easily than the rest of us, but they don't become billionaires by crapping on their own money for no reason.
By Viciouss 2018-05-23 23:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact is the NFL didn't make this go away, the league basically told teams make your own rules, but if they are on the field, they have to stand, or else, we are gonna hit the team with a 5 digit fine! But, if the whole team stays in the locker room for the anthem, that's completely ok! Oh and we just signed a 2.5 billion dollar deal with Verizon, revenue is soaring, we really don't care about this issue.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-05-24 00:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact is the NFL didn't make this go away, the league basically told teams make your own rules, but if they are on the field, they have to stand, or else, we are gonna hit the team with a 5 digit fine! But, if the whole team stays in the locker room for the anthem, that's completely ok! Oh and we just signed a 2.5 billion dollar deal with Verizon, revenue is soaring, we really don't care about this issue.

The ability to protest on camera was the biggest factor going into this. And if it was a non-issue for the NFL monetarily then they wouldn't have touched it. The Verizon deal got them money, but the dwindling fanbase was costing them money.

I don't think you have an understanding of how people in business think. They don't just sit around going, "Well, we're doing better than last year, so let's just completely ignore our most glaring issues that are destroying our previously loyal fanbase. Yeehaw!" Liabilities don't simply get brushed under the rug because you made one good deal.

And if you think the owners don't care about the fines, just watch how often the players get away with kneeling this year, if at all. With the exception of maybe the 49ers, you can bet that the owners will not allow that crap to be a normal occurrence.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 109 110 111