Forum » FFXI » General » February 2018 Version Update
February 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Afania 2018-02-09 01:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Marootsoobootsu said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Sure, if you're skillchaining, I get it, but 9/10 times I'm on THF it's a melee zerg and I'm solely focused on per-WS damage. Setting up multi-steps, the drop in per-WS damage is more than justifiable.

I think that got lost in translation somewhere in the chain. The whole "evisceration should be 1/3 of your WS's used" was in reference to Evisc > Rudra > Rudra for solo multi-step. If you're not soloing DD, then yeah, it's Rudra's or Mandalic all the way.

Eiryl said that the AF+3 hat is 11% WSD.

I said maybe 1/5 of my WS are stacked, so it's not 6% WSD.

He said 1/3 of all my WS should be evisceration.

That's the crux of the conversation; nothing was lost in translation. He made a statement applicable only to solo-chaining times, and extrapolated it to all THF experience.

THF hat isn't 11% WSD, and suggesting it is is wrong.

Anyone that can read English can see it's 5% CRD and 6% WSD, not 11% WSD. It's obviously just sarcasm from him thats being taken way too seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 01:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI SRSBSNS
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 01:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Someone is getting demoted to the FFXIV dev team for this screw up...

Most likely they promoted the guy who was responsible to the FFXIV team and didn't fill the position for FFXI.

.... Fujito was MIA during the FP broadcast....

This now scares me.

BTW, Maintenance is officially extended until 0000PST/0300EST: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53700-All-Worlds-Maintenance-Extended-%28Feb.-8-9%29
..So no need to be spam checking that Play button for a while yet.
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-02-09 01:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Susake said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
it's not 6% WSD.

/thread.

orz SHUT UP. YOUR MOM.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 01:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
when is that central standard time in the usa ?

In roughly 30min. No guarantee servers won't bork again though..
By Yzzerdd 2018-02-09 01:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

its up
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 01:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD is actually worse than I expected it to be :(
The balance between +1 AF and +1 Relic shifted. Relic used to be tons better than AF, now Relic is moderately better than AF but only without the set bonus and only for wind instrument songs.
Basically this means AF+3 is still the best midcast piece for BRD.
Relic+3 is promising for WS though.
Shame shame shame.

RDM is pretty hot, granted the increase in Enf Skill and Macc is lower than I expected it to be, it's still BiS for RDM

SCH is the new BiS for nuking, supposing you can cap magic burst without the head and feet slot.

RUN and MNK are nice too I guess, not game breaking but cool.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 01:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They're putting spoilers in furnishing descriptions now? Bad form, SE, bad form!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 02:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

According to BG Wiki, BLU's Job Trait Bonus doesn't even work on Triple Attack in the first place; is it possible this adjustment is a buff?
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 02:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
According to BG Wiki, BLU's Job Trait Bonus doesn't even work on Triple Attack in the first place; is it possible this adjustment is a buff?

As it DA/TA is intentionally and specifically excluded, I'm betting it was working when it was not supposed to be.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 03:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

As it DA/TA is intentionally and specifically excluded, I'm betting it was working when it was not supposed to be.
AFAIK, the only reason we think it's intentionally excluded is because it has been for so long. It's possible that it was excluded unintentionally.

Plus, the notes say the problem was in how much the Triple Attack (not Double Attack) trait increased was incorrect; it's currently increased by 0%, so logically it can only go up unless there are translation errors involved.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2018-02-09 03:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They're putting spoilers in furnishing descriptions now? Bad form, SE, bad form!
What spoiler? If you are referring to the hume-elvaan thing it is mentioned when you first see her dance.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-09 03:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

any info on ambuscade v1 yet? is it melee/pet/mb friendly this month??
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-02-09 03:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I started a post for it. So far it seems rather straight forward in lower difficulties, just zerg it down w/ a party b4 it does scary moves. But there def seems to be a trick to the boss to lower his def and insta KO
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2018-02-09 04:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant log in . Still geting the "ffxi Has been updated Please download the update " message ..

Just saw Iam Not the only One
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 05:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hrohj said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Augments "Concentric Pulse"? Any ideas?
Probably more dmg lol

Generally, if a piece of equipment says "Enhances X" it's just increasing the effect of that ability or trait further. If it says "Augments X" it's usually adding something different to it in some way.

I keep hoping they added something to it that's interesting enough for me to remember to even use it. Ever.

My guess was since concentric pulse is a nuke, the augment applies a debuff commensurate with the element of the geomancy spell being used/nuked. Or perhaps it applies the effect of the bubble directly, allowing the user to use another bubble instead, effectively giving them a third bubble.

I.e. pulsing frailty gives the monster a static defense down effect, and the geomancer can now switch to torpor. Just a thought

At the very least, 600 pet hp is nothing to snarl at, so it's at least a very good pet longevity piece. And if radial arcana is somehow HP related, it increases that value as well

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-02-09 06:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Next we are going to be told evis breaks damage cap
with 8 Bards, 17 Geos and 54 Cor you can!

Did you just describe my linkshell ?!

Oh wait you forgot the one white mage...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-09 06:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Augments "Concentric Pulse"? Any ideas?
Probably more dmg lol

Generally, if a piece of equipment says "Enhances X" it's just increasing the effect of that ability or trait further. If it says "Augments X" it's usually adding something different to it in some way.

I keep hoping they added something to it that's interesting enough for me to remember to even use it. Ever.

My guess was since concentric pulse is a nuke, the augment applies a debuff commensurate with the element of the geomancy spell being used/nuked. Or perhaps it applies the effect of the bubble directly, allowing the user to use another bubble instead, effectively giving them a third bubble.

I.e. pulsing frailty gives the monster a static defense down effect, and the geomancer can now switch to torpor. Just a thought

At the very least, 600 pet hp is nothing to snarl at, so it's at least a very good pet longevity piece. And if radial arcana is somehow HP related, it increases that value as well

Why do people always do this and give SE a bunch of crazy awesome ideas for some vague change. Chances are it's just a 20% damage boost to concentric pulse.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 06:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if the 600 HP disappears when the GEO equip swaps, it is of no help. I'm not sure that it works that way, but I am concerned that it will.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 06:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty confident it works exactely that way.
Which other way could it work? Surely you don't expect it to add 600 real HP (not just max HP) each time you swap unto it?

The hat is still nice for Drain/Aspir though. BiS for that!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-09 06:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Also, if the 600 HP disappears when the GEO equip swaps, it is of no help. I'm not sure that it works that way, but I am concerned that it will.

Untrue, actually. 600 hp over a 10min fight (200 ticks) makes it roughly 3hp/tick worth of regen. Except it's better than regen in that it starts at a much higher value and will likely survive an extra AOE or two first. As such, assuming you don't need pet DT in that slot, it's quite possibly BiS for luopan survival.

Aside from that, if you cast a BoG'd luopan with that piece, it should still give you +420~ hp to start with.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 06:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's if the HP added to the Luopan is added midcast when you summon the luopan and stays on it even if you unequip the hat.
Which is possible but I think it's unlikely.
Most likely it will work like every other HP+ pet specific gear, where the amount of HP is added whenever you swap into the piece, even after summon, and likewise is removed if you swap into another piece even if for a split second.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
That's if the HP added to the Luopan is added midcast when you summon the luopan and stays on it even if you unequip the hat.
Most likely it will work like every other HP+ pet specific gear, where the amount of HP is added whenever you swap into the piece, even after summon, and likewise is removed if you swap into another piece even if for a split second.

This is what I meant and what I fear. It would make the GEO hat useful only if you don't swap for anything... Not for FC, not for Nuking, not for Healing, Cursnaing, not a thing. Which would make this hat not a thing.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-09 06:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, so pet +hp works differently than PC +hp gear? That's some ***.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-02-09 07:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladyofhonor is right in saying it's useful for BoG. Who cares if the HP goes away after you cast a BoG bubble? It comes out with 65% HP, so the extra 600 will give you more base bubble.

However, is that worth however much it costs to upgrade a relic? And if 600 HP is only worth 3 HP/tic, then it's equal to Empy hat which is 3 HP/tic. Making it a niche piece only for BoG.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-09 07:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, so pet +hp works differently than PC +hp gear? That's some ***.

I'm not sure how it is different. PLDs struggle to maintain their max HP, often having to sacrifice excellent FC, Enmity or Cure Potency/Received pieces just to not lose 33% of their HP every swap.
[+]