Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-02-18 13:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unclaimed death to a DoT (like doom) would not yield loot.
Same as Helix or other DoT kills
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-02-18 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fii Pexu
Feather Fusiallade: Bio & Poison give a 200HP/tick DoT together, move is in fact conal.
Riposte: 3 min Evasion Boost (+100 evasion, checked with Atomos) and 3 min Regen (too high to gauge, people were instantly back to full health)
Guttural Roar: 3 min Attack Boost (+50% attack) and 3 min Regain (100TP/tick)
Pristine Evasion: RAs still work.

EVA/ATK boosts don't overwrite Distract, Diamond Storm, Tidal Roar. Regen/Regain cannot be applied if EVA/ATK down are present, you can have someone ES Distract at 50% to prevent Regen.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-02-19 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »
If you pull a few statues of rusted card mobs and have a BLU mage use cruel joke does it actually land? Not worried about 60 sec timer, just wanted to know if anyone has tested the % of it actually landing.

After a certain level, it will simply be no effect. If you were able to land it, it'd just be mega efficient to cleave high level mobs with a coordinated pull and Elemental Seal.
 Phoenix.Stokey
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stokey 2018-02-22 06:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to Halphas
Has anyone tried mewing lullalby to reset it's tp?
I read threw the forum and couldn't see anyone talk about mewing unless I missed it some how.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-22 09:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to how people are killing on blu.

I've done plenty of AoE magic farming, but I'm curious if its a hybrid of such tactics or pure AoE Nuke/Enfeeble and Super-tanking?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-02-22 12:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I've done plenty of AoE magic farming, but I'm curious if its a hybrid of such tactics or pure AoE Nuke/Enfeeble and Super-tanking?

Our group is usually filled up with a full alliance but we have 2 DD parties (1 BLU PT and 1 Melee PT) and 1 support party (GEOs, SMN, RDM, etc). I'm usually on BLU but it generally goes like:

• 1 BRD pulls group of mobs (usually doesn't wait for specific eye color)
• RUN tries to grab everything to get hate on him
• BLUs cycle Spectral Floe, Entomb, Anvil Lightning to prevent them dog-piling people with other spells sprinkled in when applicable
• Melees try to do some more cleaving if possible but mostly just cleaning up stragglers
• Other BRD spams Horde Lullaby as best as they can

RUN can't always have hate so the BLUs idle in DT sets while trying to keep up stuff like Occultation, Diamondhide, and Barrier Tusk, it could be very easy to get overwhelmed quickly by multiple mobs. On NMs (NINs too at times when there are too many mobs) I focus on keeping them stunned with Sudden Lunge while dropping WS's when possible. Orcs especially need to be kept stunned because Orcish Counterstance is very strong and it's easy to not notice the NM shifting focus onto you if you're meleeing.

Edit: Forgot to mention that CORs usually focus on downing statues asap with BLUs trying to get them within their AOE, since if they're alive for too long then a poorly timed Seismostomp could make things spiral VERY fast.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-22 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

We do it a bit different, than mentioned above.

PLD/BLU runs in to stat to pop mobs and stands still where they pop. he AOE's for hate, geo/blm running indi-malaise casts sleepga, thf/blm casts sleepga, Brd is hording, blus are dreamflowering

once all is slept and TH is on, then blu's goto town, tenebral does the most since you have double dark weather in dynamis, then floe any scraggles, 2nd geo with the blus running acumen/focus. With a burst affinity set you can 1-shot mobs with Tenebral crush and a properly geared blue
By pricey1251 2018-02-22 14:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for the reply
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-02-22 15:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many mobs are you cleaving at a time? And how many BLUs are there cleaving?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-02-25 16:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mewing Lullaby works on Halphas and the 2 others bosses. I don't think they have a high Regain (if any) but more like a high Store TP/TP gain from damage taken. They could be programmed to TP move as soon they reach 1k TP too (as if they were already in the <25% HP phase) like certain NMs. Nothing should kill SMN with EA/Scherzo. PD zerg is a more efficient method though, we switch to Mewing+Tact roll strat only in the rare case where the zerg failed.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32790021
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32731978
I knew I wasn't crazy, there is indeed a cumulative resistance when using the same the BP in Dynamis Divergence and it also concerns physical WSs.
If you can't access to the videos or don't understand what is going on, they show the nerf while testing Infernal Scythe spam (magic cumulative resistance but it's not new I believe), Spinning Dive spam, Rudra's Storm spam and Last Stand spam. Their preliminary conclusion is that using repeatedly the same physical WS/BP can nerf damage down to -85%.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-25 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
How many mobs are you cleaving at a time? And how many BLUs are there cleaving?
1-3 stat pulls so 3-12mobs +1-3stats. We go with 6 people + 6 mules and can almost full clear sandy, 3 blus
By Afania 2018-02-26 01:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Mewing Lullaby works on Halphas and the 2 others bosses. I don't think they have a high Regain (if any) but more like a high Store TP/TP gain from damage taken. They could be programmed to TP move as soon they reach 1k TP too (as if they were already in the <25% HP phase) like certain NMs. Nothing should kill SMN with EA/Scherzo. PD zerg is a more efficient method though, we switch to Mewing+Tact roll strat only in the rare case where the zerg failed.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32790021
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32731978
I knew I wasn't crazy, there is indeed a cumulative resistance when using the same the BP in Dynamis Divergence and it also concerns physical WSs.
If you can't access to the videos or don't understand what is going on, they show the nerf while testing Infernal Scythe spam (magic cumulative resistance but it's not new I believe), Spinning Dive spam, Rudra's Storm spam and Last Stand spam. Their preliminary conclusion is that using repeatedly the same physical WS/BP can nerf damage down to -85%.

Just FYI, Google nico viewer and it's possible to watch the video without links.

Can anyone translate the JP test in the video? Reading through it it says MNK could be awesome (in theory) because of physical ws nerf.

Can damage nerf be resetted by using different ws?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 02:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
March brings along with it Dynamis – Jeuno (D), the latest and final entry in the new Dynamis – Divergence series!
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-02-26 03:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused - Dyna J will have legs and body drops? :/

And there was me getting excited about Xarca.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-02-26 04:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
No, it reset when the same WS isn't used for few seconds.

edit
I'm not entierly sure actually... on the second video the player does a Trueflight in the middle of the Last Stand spam and the damage of the next LR seems to goes up... When I rotate Volt and Chaotic Strike during AC I have the impression that both BPs have their damage reduced little by little but a lot less than if I spam Volt Strike only... It's kinda hard to tell. =/
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-02-26 05:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Really weird that it's just ending with jeuno. Not much sense there. So bodies and legs from jeuno. Still weird.
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-26 05:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused about that rdm melee in both pics.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-26 06:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Afania said: »
No, it reset when the same WS isn't used for few seconds.

edit
I'm not entierly sure actually... on the second video the player does a Trueflight in the middle of the Last Stand spam and the damage of the next LR seems to goes up... When I rotate Volt and Chaotic Strike during AC I have the impression that both BPs have their damage reduced little by little but a lot less than if I spam Volt Strike only... It's kinda hard to tell. =/

I like this mechanic in alliance content though. So no more "volt strike only" "resolution only" sort of thing. Wish they do more in future alliance endgame content.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-26 06:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That mechanic alone wouldn't make content immune from AC spam though. Would just make SMNs use different avatars with different BPs to "solve" the issue, no?

Combined with other mechanisms though... yeah, could be really interesting for future content.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-26 07:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
That mechanic alone wouldn't make content immune from AC spam though. Would just make SMNs use different avatars with different BPs to "solve" the issue, no?

Combined with other mechanisms though... yeah, could be really interesting for future content.

It's sufficient to prevent AC zerging because the other BP's are weaker and you'd have to use a different avatar for each SMN.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-26 07:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will do something about relics with xarca/beau? Or maybe su4 items drop there (or mats)or maybe just very good items like omen ones, u never know!!
By Nyarlko 2018-02-26 07:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Maybe they will do something about relics with xarca/beau? Or maybe su4 items drop there (or mats)or maybe just very good items like omen ones, u never know!!
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
March brings along with it Dynamis – Jeuno (D), the latest and final entry in the new Dynamis – Divergence series!
^ POL frontpage.

Jeuno is the end. Mats for new weapons (which will require completed Escutcheon in order to synth) were already announced for Jeuno (in Japanese.)
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-26 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Quote:
^ POL frontpage.

Jeuno is the end. Mats for new weapons (which will require completed Escutcheon in order to synth) were already announced for Jeuno (in Japanese.)

So that means body/legs and materials for those weapons will drop from jeuno isnt it, well looking forward to some useful blu af2+3 if possible lol.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-02-26 14:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
^ POL frontpage.

Who's to say there won't be a Dynamis [C] (i.e. Dynamis Convergence wherein Beauc and Xarc are the only 2 zones for Dynamis [C])? Jeuno would still be the last Dynamis Divergence zone.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 14:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I really feel they're *** up hard if they intend to add bodies legs and weapons to jueno.

Watch them do something really *** stupid like retroactively add special mobs/drops to each zone for bodies.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-26 15:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Quote:
^ POL frontpage.

Who's to say there won't be a Dynamis [C] (i.e. Dynamis Convergence wherein Beauc and Xarc are the only 2 zones for Dynamis [C])? Jeuno would still be the last Dynamis Divergence zone.

Well i could see that happening too, they got the whole dreamland namis too lol they could use beau/xarc/dreamlands for part 2

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-26 15:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This conjecture should probably go to the Dev Tracker - Discussion thread.
Let's keep this thread for just the facts. I freely admit to possibly derailing it myself, in which case, I apologize.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-01 17:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing with the cumulative resistance in Dynamis and I think I can confirm the following :
It really cap at around -85% dmg if you don't try to stop it.
Doesn't reset over time.
Using a different WS/BP reset it only partially (the devs probably thought it would be too easy to just throw a random WS in the middle of Conduit to bring back Volt Strike at 100% power).
Doesn't have any link with damage resistances (Slashing etc), if you spam Spinning Dive then only Spinning Dive will get nerfed. Not Barracuda Dive, Mountain Buster, Resolution or Blade: Ten but using them will reduce the nerf of Spinning Dive.

The nerf is really not as bad as it sounds for standard setups, most people won't notice it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30