Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 424 425 426
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-06-23 12:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering how SE are planning to implement this third wave of Dyna gimmick assuming they are sticking to the premise that zone mega-bosses are optional. Second statue boss? Aurix as requirement?

Thoughts?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-23 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is hopelessly optimistic to assume mega bosses will remain optional. It is the next step of the game, and the weapons are intended to be significant. You will have to kill the mega boss.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-06-23 12:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree with you, except that knowing how stubborn the devs are in holding fast to a pre-planned approach regardless of community feedback, makes me think that if they stated that they are optional, they will remain so.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 12:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Define optional though. If it's just needing all four titles, then that's not difficult and hardly effects current methods. In contrast the entire "materials only drop from mega boss's" fantasy that's going on changes everything. My bet is on the former if they do anything with it.
By Afania 2018-06-23 12:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

From game design perspective there's 0 legit reason to let it remain optional though. Nobody bother with killing mb atm, it's smarter to implement some kind of incentive.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-23 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you need to kill the boss to WEAR the weapon, it doesn't matter.

They can still be sold to you.

Su4 1300 JP

If you can wear the weapon without killing the boss, only one group is going to bother farming mats to make the weapons.

If you HAVE to kill the boss to wear the weapons, may as well scrap that ***before you even bother.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 13:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
From game design perspective there's 0 legit reason to let it remain optional though. Nobody bother with killing mb atm, it's smarter to implement some kind of incentive.

It *** with you, that's all the reason they need.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-23 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine they can go about it a few different ways.

Probably killing Aurix both times (pre and post mid) awards an extra time extension. Main Boss will drops certain mats that will be useful for reforging or creating new weapons, thus, making killing boss sort of a requirement. Sometimes finding Aurix can take a full run if you're going after him twice, so that might not be so far fetched.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 13:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need to go into the zone with your subjobs locked and spam JA's on the MB to get the unlocks for the materials that you'll need to outlot everyone to get 10,000 of to make a super secret weapon!

That elite and snowflake enough?
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-23 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
You'll need to go into the zone with your subjobs locked and spam JA's on the MB to get the unlocks for the materials that you'll need to outlot everyone to get 10,000 of to make a super secret weapon!

That elite and snowflake enough?

You forgot to throw the moon cycles in there, but sounds about right.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-06-23 14:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still partial to my speculation that the mats will be EX, forcing the Escutcheon owning crafters themselves to enter in order to make the weapons. Also won't be surprised if each recipe requires 2x-4x of the ingots made from the 1.1m guild NPC mats. Fujito did call them "expensive" several times in the last FP, and these two ideas would definitely work to jack up the price (both cost/effort to synth and market value.)
By Afania 2018-06-23 14:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Unless you need to kill the boss to WEAR the weapon, it doesn't matter.

They can still be sold to you.

Su4 1300 JP

If you can wear the weapon without killing the boss, only one group is going to bother farming mats to make the weapons.

If you HAVE to kill the boss to wear the weapons, may as well scrap that ***before you even bother.

That's fine as long as 3rd wave drops mat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-23 14:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
I'm still partial to my speculation that the mats will be EX, forcing the Escutcheon owning crafters themselves to enter in order to make the weapons. Also won't be surprised if each recipe requires 2x-4x of the ingots made from the 1.1m guild NPC mats. Fujito did call them "expensive" several times in the last FP, and these two ideas would definitely work to jack up the price (both cost/effort to synth and market value.)

There's zero chance of that happening. You're never gonna see EX crafting mats for these.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The REMA's are all behind a quest lines with Aeonics being the only ones that don't involve purchasing currencies. To start the quest to get the new super shiny weapons will likely require you to clear the MB's from each zone. There may be some sort of farmed materials but the last super weapons they made were Aeonics and they didn't require any.

We'll see but as things stand the MB's are largely useless due to the amount of time they take up and restrictions they apply. Going for a MB run means preventing people from unlocking more jobs or farming as much Relic upgrade gear, especially ones like Sandy which is a ***.
By Afania 2018-06-23 16:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It *** with you, that's all the reason they need.

especially ones like Sandy which is a ***.

Sandy mb dies in 5 to 6 min using nuke setup with 0 chance of wipe if position correctly. The only "***" part about it is that majority of Endgame groups probably lack resources to create alliance setup for nukes, since I assume most endgame groups would probably have more smn/rema melee than blm sch.

Same reason why some groups clear vd this month in 3 to 4 min while most people had to stick to D or wipe repeatedly in VD or spend 10+ min in vd. It's the difference between "I have top end blm sch in my group" and "I don't have any blm sch in my group".

Basically mb isn't hard with right setup, it's the fact that only 2 jobs can do nuke setup in a game with 22 jobs makes it harder since majority of us will main different job.

I think that's a good thing though, smn bandwagon been going on long enough, almost every endgamer just gear smn for endgame. It's about time to see other setup being relevant again and I look forward to designs that make dyna MB fight relevant.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-06-23 17:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Where there is a will there's a summoner.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 18:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy mb dies in 5 to 6 min using nuke setup with 0 chance of wipe if position correctly.

That's the problem right there, go in with a BLM MB setup and your wasting a run cause really shitty kill speed on everything else. All the other MB's you can clear in a group designed to farm maximum drops, so all your losing is time.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-23 18:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The REMA's are all behind a quest lines with Aeonics being the only ones that don't involve purchasing currencies. To start the quest to get the new super shiny weapons will likely require you to clear the MB's from each zone. There may be some sort of farmed materials but the last super weapons they made were Aeonics and they didn't require any.

We'll see but as things stand the MB's are largely useless due to the amount of time they take up and restrictions they apply. Going for a MB run means preventing people from unlocking more jobs or farming as much Relic upgrade gear, especially ones like Sandy which is a ***.

Aeonics did require R/EX items to complete. You do have to farm the silly Relic/Dynamis items. Not exactly a ton of effort, but it is there.

It's absurd to think there will be any sort of requirements to make the Div weapons beyond what we already know: They will require new materials which will drop somehow in Divergence, and the recipes will require the KI you get for completing an Escutcheon... And they will be "expensive" in some way. <_<;; The completion of an Escutcheon is enough to justify the purported strength of the Div weapons, while the EX mat speculation could be used to thin out the number of botted shields by requiring some form of actual gameplay progress and play skill, rather than merely being rich.

As far as using them goes, I'm one of the ones expecting Su4 to be added alongside them (and personally expecting 2100JP for it,) but there is no chance at all that there will be any sort of quest or process involved with equipping something that can be purchased from the AH.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Aeonics did require R/EX items to complete. You do have to farm the silly Relic/Dynamis items. Not exactly a ton of effort, but it is there.

Well I mean farm as in getting a ***ton of currency. Alex, Bills HMPs or HPB type stuff.

And you can just forget the fantasy of an "EX mat", they just made Void stuff AH able. If there is any "Ex" stuff its' going to be something you trade in to the goblin as part of a finished questline.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-28 02:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy/pasta since I'm lazy. :D

Nyarlko said:
New devpost:

JP1/NA1) July update notice is up.
* The new mats will indeed drop from Divergence Wave 3
* Wave 3 is the final phase of Divergence
* There will be "surprising" new Divergence bosses included in the update.
* The new synthesis recipes will indeed require the Aurum Tome KIs that you get for completing an Escutcheon
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-28 04:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when they said the June version was going to be small because of large changes coming in the July version update?

Those certainly don't seem like large changes.

Porter moogle changes come basically every time they add new level 1 items.

New titles. Doubting that is large.

New synth recipes for new items? Guess we'll have to see how many items constitute a "large" update.

3rd wave of mobs with dats/skins/areas that already exist with simply new names and higher stats for dynamis? I guess that is the large portion, but again. The dats / skins / models / zones have existed since vanilla (well, NA vanilla RotZ).

I guess, all things considered, it's probably a "large" update for the two people they have still working on this game.

I was hoping for something "large", but simply feel:

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-28 04:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Remember when they said the June version was going to be small because of large changes coming in the July version update?

Those certainly don't seem like large changes.

[...]
New synth recipes for new items? Guess we'll have to see how many items constitute a "large" update.

I mean the synth recipes are supposed to be for REMA-tier weapons, so I'd call that pretty big
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-06-28 06:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy mb dies in 5 to 6 min using nuke setup with 0 chance of wipe if position correctly. The only "***" part about it is that majority of Endgame groups probably lack resources to create alliance setup for nukes, since I assume most endgame groups would probably have more smn/rema melee than blm sch.

Same reason why some groups clear vd this month in 3 to 4 min while most people had to stick to D or wipe repeatedly in VD or spend 10+ min in vd. It's the difference between "I have top end blm sch in my group" and "I don't have any blm sch in my group".

Basically mb isn't hard with right setup, it's the fact that only 2 jobs can do nuke setup in a game with 22 jobs makes it harder since majority of us will main different job.

I think that's a good thing though, smn bandwagon been going on long enough, almost every endgamer just gear smn for endgame. It's about time to see other setup being relevant again and I look forward to designs that make dyna MB fight relevant.

Care to share the alliance setup for those 5 min sandy mega boss kills?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 07:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So we should bot some crafting shields if we want to enjoy the July update?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 07:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Can't GEOs and RDMs nuke too?

Is a BLM or SCH in 5/5 +2 Ambuscade gear with a Lathi/Akedemos sufficient for doing what you talk of or do you need leet gear?

yes, but no. GEO/RDM in the right hands and properly geared (and taking advantage of chant) can get pretty good nukes.

But your average geo/rdm won't match up to your average blm, NQ Ea should be your current bare minimum.

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Should've been botting that months ago, if you start now, you won't finish in time to enjoy july. we knew like 4 months ago shields were required for the new weapons.

Even slyshen couldn't resist and started selling spheres instead of gear now. He clears his history specifically so you won't notice. But he's one of the bots in palborough now. https://www.ffxiah.com/item/9536/light-sphere/?stack=1
By Justuas 2018-06-28 07:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Most, if not all, existing shields are already botted. SE is giving them more means to gain gil and sell it and whatnot.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-06-28 08:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I know it's fun to hate and botters and what not, the notes says you only need Aurum Tome Key Item, you get that KI before you touch any of the sphere farming phase, so you don't need to bot anything to make those weapons, do ppl with "finished" shields have aa advantage since they'll most likely just HQ and overprice things? sure, but that's another point, can't say you "CAN'T CRAFT NEW WEAPONS, DIDN'T BOT A SHIELD" at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 08:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
Although I know it's fun to hate and botters and what not, the notes says you only need Aurum Tome Key Item, you get that KI before you touch any of the sphere farming phase, so you don't need to bot anything to make those weapons, do ppl with "finished" shields have aa advantage since they'll most likely just HQ and overprice things? sure, but that's another point, can't say you "CAN'T CRAFT NEW WEAPONS, DIDN'T BOT A SHIELD" at all.
Incorrect.

Quote:
Trade the completed shield to your Guild Master for the final cutscene with them, where they grant you the aurum tome Key Item for your craft.

Argentum =/= Aurum

Aspis > Ecu > Scutum > Shield (Argentum Su3) > Eschuteon (Aurum Su4(I'm betting))
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-28 09:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »

Shh don't ruin their moment of gloating.

Also this is going to go one of two ways

#1 New Super Weapons made, they are R/EX. The quest to obtain them require turning in some item that's only craftable by the KI folks.
This is an example of such a requirement for Ragnarok.

#2 New craftable super weapons (with HQ's) directly made with the KI folks.
SE powers up the current REMA weapons to be stronger then these new craftable weapons.

This is an example of that kind of weapon.

It still fun to see people get their hopes up for some sort of divine righteous retribution to those they despise, only to have it crushed and turned into melodramatic resentment.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 424 425 426