Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 20:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Monk can do quite well in longer fights with the right buffs. It's at least more fun than bringing WAR to everything.

Fight durations have zero effect on this comparison. A 60s fight ends up the same as a 60hr fight.

Might want to rethink this statement.

My MS, too, lasts for 60 hours.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 20:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
Monk can do quite well in longer fights with the right buffs. It's at least more fun than bringing WAR to everything.

Fight durations have zero effect on this comparison. A 60s fight ends up the same as a 60hr fight.

I'm ignoring MS entirely for this comparison. That 40% was without SP's. With MS it's somewhere north of 150% damage. MSBR is the AC of Melee's, just a lot harder to abuse.

For a moment try to imagine that counterstance's proc rate was up 100% of the time without a defense penalty. Also try to imagine that counters could proc multi-attacks and gave full TP back when they proced. That is the power of Retaliation. There are others but just an example of the kinds of power other jobs have while MNK is just shitting itself.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-22 20:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
clearlyamule said: »

Damn I've been RDM'ing all wrong.
Come join me with the true melee rdm build. Where you punch and kick foes with fire
[+]
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 20:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ignoring MS entirely for this comparison. That 40% was without SP's. With MS it's somewhere north of 150% damage. MSBR is the AC of Melee's, just a lot harder to abuse.

You're also ignoring Berserk, Impetus, Warcry, Focus, Aggressor, and plenty more but that's okay for napkin math I suppose.
By Afania 2018-06-22 20:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

War has warcry and resolution benefits greatly from warcry, thus in shorter fights a job with higher ws ratio will get more out of Warcry.

So yes, fight duration is totally relevant....In basically any dps discussion involving ja or am durations.
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 20:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For a moment try to imagine that counterstance's proc rate was up 100% of the time without a defense penalty. Also try to imagine that counters could proc multi-attacks and gave full TP back when they proced. That is the power of Retaliation. There are others but just an example of the kinds of power other jobs have while MNK is just shitting itself.

For a moment try to imagine that Impetus's attack buff was the same as Berserk, but without the crit rate bonus. Also try to imagine that attacks attack when we attack. That is the power of Berserk.

Thanks for telling me what Retaliation does!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 20:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also ignoring Berserk, Impetus, Warcry, Focus, Aggressor, and plenty more but that's okay for napkin math I suppose.

Imps sucks and the rest WAR gets far better versions of, cause you know their native.

You know what Warcry gives to MNK? 4.9% attack boost for 30s.

Know what it gives to WAR? 700 TP Bonus and 11% attack boost for 60s. Did someone mention it effects the entire party too, so boosts everyone's DPS.

Imp is a joke cause it's constant resetting, and look there is Blood Rage a +40% crit rate bonus for 60s that the whole party enjoys.

When I did comparisons I gave MNK the greatest amount of benefit, and it still ended up horrifically behind.

But hey you can still get your MNK feels on with the power of friendship and caring.

For all the MNKs in here, we care!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 20:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Imps sucks and the rest WAR gets far better versions of, cause you know their native.

You know what Warcry gives to MNK? 4.9% attack boost for 30s.

Know what it gives to WAR? 700 TP Bonus and 11% attack boost for 60s. Did someone mention it effects the entire party too, so boosts everyone's DPS.

Imp is a joke cause it's constant resetting, and look there is Blood Rage a +40% crit rate bonus for 60s that the whole party enjoys.

When I did comparisons I gave MNK the greatest amount of benefit, and it still ended up horrifically behind.

You completely missed the point of my 0 effort satire but I guess that's to be expected of
Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Asura.Saevel
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 20:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Retreat retreat! Thouest wit is to great to bear.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That.... people pop on the forum claiming a 40% gap and none provide any proof from parses nor sim/spreadsheet.

The only person who ever provided proof was Ramzus back when people had argument about it on mnk forum, who posted parse result in a more controlled environment. and even then it wasnt a 40% gap.

If someone could provide parses showing mnk being 40% behind every other DD without accounting short term JAs, I would change my stance and call it horrible job not worth invite ever.

Within the ballpark of 20% to 30%, it's totally alright for the defensive benefits it bring. Also within the skill/reaction speed/gear difference between most people.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-22 21:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
the defensive benefits it bring.

I think this is actually relevant to the job-based discussion. MNK fell out because they were low on damage in an era where having the DPS for a fight was crucial. Vex/attune let everyone survive but then you needed the accuracy to land blows and a LOT of jobs fell off. We're past that stage now and a DD that can survive is once again a major boon in certain content. I'm a little sad all the hardcore MNK's quit the job/game because I think they could find relevancy in content now.
[+]
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-06-22 21:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many other factors and some fairly intangible ones not even mentioned in this topic's discussions that have been covered in the arguments on the guide that pretty heavily weigh in on this "debate" of sorts. Namely, the defensive factors that contribute to a MNK's usefulness and offensive output (Chi Blast, Subtle Blow, Kendatsuba). Thorny had some good comments on the Monk guide in relation to Subtle Blow, though from personal experience Subtle Blow's effect is hardly perceivable outside a party with Monks as the sole (or close to) damage dealers.

I'm not nearly eloquent enough to meaningfully contribute, but as one of the "hardcore" MNKs that's part of Ramzus's small group I think these are at least worth the mention due to their relevancy in content like Omen.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-22 22:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fights last longer than berserk Astral conduit duration?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 22:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is out of favor because it's damage is too low compared the vast selection available, period, end of story. People can talk "defensive" until their head explodes, and yet nothing will change in the meta.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I'm a little sad all the hardcore MNK's quit the job/game because I think they could find relevancy in content now.

They didn't quit, they played different jobs because gearing MNK is borderline useless in this current meta.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-06-22 22:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is out of favor because it's damage is too low compared the vast selection available, period, end of story. People can talk "defensive" until their head explodes, and yet nothing will change in the meta.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I'm a little sad all the hardcore MNK's quit the job/game because I think they could find relevancy in content now.

They didn't quit, they played different jobs because gearing MNK is borderline useless in this current meta.

Current "meta" is shitting all over war and every other melee job, so not sure what you're on about. At any rate can we ever just leave debates about things that have absolutely nothing to do with Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion in their own thread. So tiring holy ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-22 23:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys sure like prolonging useless discussions, don't you?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2018-06-22 23:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
At any rate can we ever just leave debates about things that have absolutely nothing to do with Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion in their own thread. So tiring holy ***.

More like the thread should be retitled! Just flip through it :^). The General part is certainly correct!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-22 23:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just waiting for this game to fall apart at the seams once the craftable ultimates come out but you keep talking about MNK like it matters (it doesn't)
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-23 00:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets cut straight the the point. Monk is ***.
By Afania 2018-06-23 01:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Lets cut straight the the point. Monk is ***.

We already know that, don't need to yell about it. I dont think anyone ever argue that mnk is stronger DD than <insert your dd job here>. The debate has always been "is it ok to invite them to pt".

Yes, no, whatever. Let's discuss dev tracker info instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-06-23 02:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of balance. I'm very curious to see how they treat Bst. If they give us some option to increase our power to the level of Smn, then I'd be all in board for the new weapons. #BstStillMatters
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-23 07:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DREAM weapon recipe:

Craft 4x afterglow/119 weapons into 1 job specific weapon
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-06-23 07:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor, blu, pup, sch, dnc, geo and run Don't have relics

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-06-23 09:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Or we can combine it with mandau or annihilator and use on all jobs involved :P
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-06-23 11:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting side stories!

Turn in weapon of choice (ragnarok, caladbolg, anguta, ect) to whichever guild you have 110 in (110 pre-req.)

Recieve Key Item that tracks skillchains for points (like trial weapons) but like crafting shields the weapon will have hints on it for which types of skillchains are needed and on specific mob families. bonuses for multistep but not for level 4 (aeonics). 5 points total for best combination.

after accumulating 100,000 points (or some other soul draining number of skillchains on rabbits) you get +1 Base Damage and +3 attack on your weapon.

legend has it though that oboro might have an idea of what you need so mthat your guild master can use to craft your weapon even further! how joyous!

trade oboro 100,000 more pluton/beitetsu/boulders (or for those lucky aeonic holders, 1,000,000 beads) for item.

he gives you another hint that a second item is hidden and a taru might know how one could attain it.

GO TO MHAURA

who else would have this item than Gorpa-Masorpa? and all he requires is 250,000 hallmarks! (not cumulative,no, he wants the raw hallmarks)

*spend next 6 days smn burning through ambuscade with shitty pugs*

trade weapon and items back to guild master - he'll obviously need dynamis currency for payment before he'll consider crafting this monstrosity of a weapon. 100x R.goldpeice/Stripeshell/bill will do finely. (Dyna currency here inflates to 2007 prices.)

after trading in currency and your first born he'll say congradulations! give me some time and i'll have your weapon ready for you in no time!!

**wait until Japanese midnight on the next 17th of the month**

Your weapon is now crafted.

tl;dr - you'll just keep your AG rema the way it is

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-23 11:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
But it will give you +2 DMG