First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-22 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Sure, you are set in your ways on /blu and prefer it. thats fine /blu is a great support job for pld group tanking.

Its just blatently obvious that mlvl 45+ /run is WAY BETTER.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-22 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
RUN: cast banishga on everything, you wake them up OR wait for the sleeper, then cast cure on them, then cast foil.
CALISSE DE TABARNAK

Your *** excuse ONCE AGAIN against Banishga is "you wake them up". You cant "cast banishga and wake them up" AND "wait for the sleeper".
Maybe you should try to understand the *** you're typing before accusing me of not reading what you're typing. I'm reading what you're typing perfectly fine. It makes no *** sense because it does not compute logically.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-22 15:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
OR
 Phoenix.Serveroz
Server: Phoenix
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2023-08-22 15:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.. You can rampart if its an emergency. And that will get you hate right away as long as you hit the brd with rampart. Or simply heal the bard and then cast foil.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-22 15:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Your *** excuse ONCE AGAIN against Banishga is "you wake them up". You cant "cast banishga and wake them up" AND "wait for the sleeper".

Here you go bud, I'll help you out. If you're PLD/RUN in Dynamis and have 15 mobs you'd like to have threat on, you have TWO OPTIONS, they are distinct from each other. EITHER:

You can Banishga on the enemies, and then use Foil or a JA to get real hate

OR

You wait for your BRD to sleep the mobs, cure them, then cast foil or use a JA to get hate

#1 will wake them up (if the BRD has already slept them)
#2 will not

Do the extra spaces help you understand what OR means?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-22 15:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude
How is banishga waking everything up if you're waiting on the bard to sleep everything? Do you need a flow chart? Because I have a flow chart.

Theres no "waiting" involved. Either the pld casted banishga to tag everything as they popped or the bard slept everything as they popped and the pld is casting cure on the bard. There is no need to cast banishga if the mobs are slept.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-22 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If the bard has already slept them you cure the bard. My god its not difficult.

"but what if the pld casts banishga at the same time as the bard doing lullaby?" S K I L L I S S U E

I'm out. This is *** stupider than the pay to win topic.
[+]
 Asura.Qibble
Server: Asura
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2023-08-22 15:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go bud, I'll help you out. If you're PLD/RUN in Dynamis and have 15 mobs you'd like to have threat on, you have TWO OPTIONS, they are distinct from each other. EITHER:

OR

You wait for your BRD to sleep the mobs, cure them, then cast foil or use a JA to get hate

#2 will not

#3 It's W1/W2 dynamis, who cares?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-08-22 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »

OR

#2 will not

#3 It's W1/W2 dynamis, who cares?

#4 who the *** cares on any wave? Its Dyna. With Sakpata and Duban they shouldn't be doing anywhere near enough damage to kill you unless it's a NIN.
By Felgarr 2023-08-22 15:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Another case supporting Banishga (and /RUN), is that Banishga's recast time of 15 secongs is probably sufficient to pull groups of mobs continuously. (This is assuming you have the kill speed to proceed to the next group of mobs).

But DynaD is a weird place. People will hold mobs out of the /BLU AoE range of 11-12 yalms just so they can hog the mobs HP bar for themselves so they can appear higher on the parse.

How do folks feel about ML45+ PLD using /SCH? In my mind, for Single-Target or Few-Target fights, my priority is:

First: /RUN
Second: /BLU
Third: /SCH
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-22 15:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Which would you say is best?

1.) Walk up to enemies, cast a spell and get hate on them
2.) Walk up to enemies, stand around waiting for BRD to sleep them, cure the BRD, use foil
3.) Walk up to enemies, cast banishga, cast foil

?

#2: BRD gets hit by statues after sleeping mobs. It takes at least 2 spells to get any reasonable amount of hate on anything. PLD has to wait for the BRD to finish casting his sleep before beginning the process of getting hate
#3: All buffers, healers, and BRD must stop doing anything to the PLD until he has finished his Banishga and foil. Still takes 2 spells to do the same thing #1 does in 1 spell. BRD has to wait to sleep until after the Banishga is finished.

Would you like to explain how #2 and #3 are equal, or better than #1 please? I'm not saying that any of this coordination is impossible, or people are going to die left right and center, I'm saying it adds unnecessary complexity, extra coordination, and risk. Even if nobody dies, the mobs can ping-pong around, causing your melee to lose TP because they're chasing the WHM, BRD, or whoever around the battlefield. This is literally impossible under PLD/BLU strategy, as you go directly from supertanking into having hate on all the mobs.

Please, provide your argument for why PLD/RUN is better for dynamis, I have still seen absolutely nothing except complaining that the problem isn't that bad, or how you can cope with these OBVIOUISLY INFERIOR methods.
By Nariont 2023-08-22 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
How do folks feel about ML45+ PLD using /SCH?

I'm not really sure what all sch adds to the table beyond quicker casts/access to sleep/dispels that can land, back in the day one of the fun things with it was the ability to keep reprisal going with strats
By Pantafernando 2023-08-22 15:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Every X months there is a new hype about best sub till the next week.

PLD/WAR, PLD/SAM, PLD/DRK, PLD/BLU, now PLD/RUN.

Someday the best sub will be PLD/BST or PLD/PUP.

Just wait
[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2023-08-22 16:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Im reading all this back and forth thinking to myself, "Why sleep them"

Pull ~4 statues hold position, cast banishga OR Geist wall then drop a couple more AoE enmity spells or foil, whatever. Then the DDs have already mowed half the mobs down.

It's all a moot point when the DDs are halfway competent and can effectively one shot W1/2 trash and 2 shot W3 trash... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
By Godfry 2023-08-22 16:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »
Im reading all this back and forth thinking to myself, "Why sleep them"

Pull ~4 statues hold position, cast banishga OR Geist wall then drop a couple more AoE enmity spells or foil, whatever. Then the DDs have already mowed half the mobs down.

It's all a moot point when the DDs are halfway competent and can effectively one shot W1/2 trash and 2 shot W3 trash... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shhhh... don't let them know /BLU /RUN are a matter of choice, and that PLDs are in no real danger in a 7 year old content.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-08-23 05:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
And thus spake thy true and valiant Paladin.

"I'm the greatest, I even sub RUN, and if you die because you got hate, that's your fault.".

context man, context.

we are talking about a 2~5 second window and dd's pulling hate on a large group of mobs before the pld tags them.

If someone is THAT oblivious AND THAT committed to getting dead... you can't help them. Darwin awards exit for a reason.

A stupid ally is WAY worse than a competent enemy.
By Meeble 2023-08-23 08:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Every X months there is a new hype about best sub till the next week.

PLD/WAR, PLD/SAM, PLD/DRK, PLD/BLU, now PLD/RUN.

Someday the best sub will be PLD/BST or PLD/PUP.

Just wait

All of those combos bow down before our lord and savior, PLD/RNG.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-23 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

after reading that, i was thinking eventually PLD/DRG will be a thing for high and super jump
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-08-23 09:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/bst was already a thing back in the day because people figured out charm works just as well subbed and pld in particular was better than others at charm from /bst.
 Asura.Reidden
Server: Asura
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-08-23 10:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to use thf/bst cuz i thought the thf had more chr lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-23 10:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, provide your argument for why PLD/RUN is better for dynamis, I have still seen absolutely nothing except complaining that the problem isn't that bad, or how you can cope with these OBVIOUISLY INFERIOR methods.

Don't waste your time convincing these simps. All they will say is, "Foil, foil, foil, fap, fap fap" regardless of all the utility you throw out the window. Most of them have never tanked a dynamis or still need brd sleepers to help hold W1/W2 mobs.

I'm saying it adds unnecessary complexity, extra coordination, and risk.

THIS. But at the end of the day, the rationalization hamster will keep spinning and they need to justify botting their characters to ML 50 by pushing new subjobs.

Else, what was the point of it all?
By Dodik 2023-08-23 11:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go Run/blu. Best of both worlds.

/hide
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-23 11:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Inferior tank that's only useful for Rayke.... Facts.

Your point is taken though. The penis envy for RUN in the PLD forum is palatable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-08-23 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/BLM so you can warp2 anyone with more hate than you, then you're the main tank.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-08-23 14:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
PLD/BLM so you can warp2 anyone with more hate than you, then you're the main tank.
Must do this.

Reading last couple of pages, feels like Abyssea crowd that never needed to give a fook about hate and enmity are theorycrafting. cute.

PLD/SCH Asc. Flash
By Nariont 2023-08-23 14:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
PLD/SCH Asc. Flash

Yeah, if only;

Quote:
Extends the effect of the next Healing or Enhancing White Magic spell to party members within range
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-23 15:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Im back to remind everyone that pld/run sucks because banishga will wake up all the mobs but waiting for the bard to horde everything takes too long.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk, adieu.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-08-23 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Playstyle is my safeword, so if my playstyle is dated, then so be it. Sheep Song, Frightful Roar, Geist wall, and Stinking Gas stay in my rotation, and they all land with varying degrees of usefulness. Sheep song and Stinking gas give a larger AOE despite being slower casts, but I can net ~20 mobs in couple casts, and I'm one /ja (palisade, rampart, sentinel) and a couple cures from locking down hate. I have some of the lowbie killer effects(beast, plantoid, vermin iirc) set b/c whynot? I get a bit of intimidates on family types in ody, and I'm in generally good shape on static spells for claiming and self-buffs. I see a use for banishga. Its often when stuff like casters, BST, RNG don't manage to get hit w/ /blu magic, or non-fetter undead pulls in Ody.
For enmity, as PLD in dyna, healing across the alliance isn't difficult if you're using Majesty+ <stal>,<A10-15>, <A20-25>, to designate a alliance member that you can 1.) reliably count on the being centered on their party, and not likely to get rekt, and 2.) b/c majesty cures are awesome in alliance content. PLD literally have to spend a couple minutes organizing their party to make this as smoothbraindead as possible with <stal> if their <a10-25> is out of play. If PLDs in alliance content aren't exploiting majesty cures, they should just RUN and have a WHM hold them up.
I have a preference to PLD > RUN despite having them both REME'd up, but PLD is head and shoulders more useful to me for the simple fact that it can cure the pain away when /ja aren't up or shits going sideways and you need to hold up the alliance/party.
The tanking meta is flexible. Other players I play with have success /run and /blu, and they're both contingent on how they use their sub and "playstyle" and the content their using it in.
Play according to demands of the content.
Gaol bosses reset the interpretations of tanking and reset the pecking order of enmity, and get wins according to roles differently than we're used to playing them. Sometimes you're tanking; sometimes not so much until you have to.
Tanking calls for creative problem solving to sustain an alliance/party. Players can't commit to a playstyle that's going to inevitably going to have to get through Gaol as a main heal/alt-tank for adds, without being the actual tank. If you dumb them down to their subjobs, you're missing an opportunity to exploit all their primary abilities that are all predesigned to facilitate enmity, or do something fundamentally simple like holding up the party. Play like you don't have a /sj and treat any opportunity to have a /sj with some creative solutions. No one is gong to object their tanks doing tanky ***when it's all going smoothly. No one complains when nothing is going wrong~
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-08-23 17:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Dodik said: »

Inferior tank that's only useful for Rayke.... Facts.

Your point is taken though. The penis envy for RUN in the PLD forum is palatable.

wow, before this post I didn't know there was such a sentiment....

Though, w/ the number of rune fencer abilities pld can get from /run now, it probably is better tank. hard to quantify probably, so I'm not really sure.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-23 18:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
PLD/SCH Asc. Flash

Yeah, if only;

Quote:
Extends the effect of the next Healing or Enhancing White Magic spell to party members within range

Accension + Flash = Blinding Fulgor
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8