Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD/BLU
PLD/BLU
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-20 09:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Metallic body is going to be about a -88 DMG SS with /BLU skill and merits.(SS+ gear does not work on BLU stoneskin spells) It's not worth setting much less actually casting.

If you wanted another AoE enmity spell to cycle there's also Stinking Gas. Same 320/320 CE/VE as the other AoE spells.
[+]
By Elazar1 2018-04-20 09:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Might also help if you /blu so half your ls does not keep dying plz
[+]
By Felgarr 2018-04-20 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, but your comment just isn't actionable or constructive.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-04-20 14:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm... Lmao...

Don't worry bro he spent 3 Billion on an AfterGlow Ochain..

He doesn't need to stay alive.. The Aura from his Ochain keeps the Team alive in the afterlife..

I'm fully confident in Felgy and his army of HQ mules..
By Elazar1 2018-04-20 22:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Too true lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-21 09:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Cocoon, Jettatura, and Blank Gaze are the must-haves. Auto-regen (Healing Breeze+Sheep Song) is also a good idea. Sheep Song and Soporific are also okay for enmity (they give the same as Blank Gaze), but you probably won't need them since the recast on Blank Gaze is fairly short. You can also set Beast Killer (Wild Oats+Sprout Smack), Lizard Killer (Foot Kick+Claw Cyclone), or Plantoid Killer (Power attack+Mandibular bite) if those are applicable.

The rest of your slots can be filled with Attack Bonus (Battle Dance+Upper Cut) and other random throwaway +stats.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-21 10:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For AoE enmity (the main reason to use /blu right now due to Dynamis), the following are all 320/320 VE/CE:

Geist Wall- 30 second recast, 3 second cast
Stinking Gas- 37 second recast, 4 second cast
Sheep Song- 60 second recast, 3 second cast
Soporific- 90 second recast, 3 second cast

Jettatura is a conal 1020/180 with a 120 recast, .5 second cast.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-04-21 12:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Felgy is the man! He taught me how to synergize correctly, he's cool to talk to in discord and he paid for at least one full round of aeonic pops (of which you and your wife were included on elazar.) And as for syto I think no one in the shell wanting anything to do with you speaks for itself.

I wish I knew anything about pld or blu but unfortunately I have no insight to either. Though it seems well worth exploring.

Awww.. Alfy coming to the rescue! You're such an awesome friend Alfy!! He IS a great buddy on Discord, synthesizer, and resource provider... I agree...lol...

I expect more from an AG Ochain HQ Geared PLD. ^_^

This has nothing to do with me and the shell. I'll say hi next time I jump on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-16 13:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Blank Gaze and Jettatura need to hit the enemy face (gaze attack) in order to generate enmity?

ofcourse they need to be face on in order to proc dispel or terror, but what about enmity?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-16 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't have to land. You get the enmity in any case. Same for any debuff spell. Even if flash was resisted, you'd still get the same enmity.
[+]
By grumpette 2018-05-18 19:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Do Blank Gaze and Jettatura need to hit the enemy face (gaze attack) in order to generate enmity?

ofcourse they need to be face on in order to proc dispel or terror, but what about enmity?

Yes, you still get enmity on resisted AOE spells. This is something I still try to convince my LS THFs to do. Most still don't get it.

On THF, the purpose of /blu, /brd, /blm is to do a weak enmity AOE that will not wake slept monsters. This tags TH7-8 on all the monsters the spell hit. Since a sleeper sub is likely going to be resisted, I hope the THFs wait till after the full mages sleepga the mobs first otherwise the mobs may turn and kill the THF if the tank is unable to pull off an AOE hate spell first.

Instead, the THFs resists coming /sleepga and go /dnc or /war and miss tagging all monsters. OR they do /sleepga and think AOE tag with Aeolian Edge which ends up waking all the slept monsters which in turn kills the THF and the mages that slept the monsters. OR the THF gets killed because he gets excited and sleepgas before the mages get a chance to sleepga the mobs resulting in dead THF. Dead THF then gets mad and says sleepga does not work. Then refuses to try sleepga again not realizing that a weakened THF can still apply hate with sleepga from a safe distance as long as the mobs are asleep.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2018-05-18 21:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »

Hmmmm... Lmao...

He doesn't need to stay alive.. The Aura from his Ochain keeps the Team alive in the afterlife..

I'm fully confident in Felgy and his army of HQ mules..[/quote
[quote="Asura.Syto" pid=3340510]

Hmmmm... Lmao...

I'm fully confident in Felgy and his army of HQ mules..[/quote
[quote="Asura.Syto" pid=3340510]

Hmmmm... Lmao...

I'm fully confident in Felgy and his army of HQ mules..

I infinity + this post for all eternity.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-04 13:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My Setup:

Hate Spells:
(2) Blank Gaze
(4) Jettatura
(3) Geist Wall
(2) Sheep Song
(4) Soporific
-- 15 Points

Defensive:
(1) Cocoon
-- 1 Point

Healing:
(3) Wild Carrot (this costs 9mp less than Cure III)
(4) Healing Breeze (AoE Cure, Auto-Regen with Sheep Song)
-- 7 Points

Other:
(4) Refueling (10% Magic Haste. You should be getting haste from your supports... but people suck)
(3) Scredriver (10HP, 1VIT) edit: Can Swap for (2)Stinking Gas if you need more AoE Enmity.
-- 7 Points

30/30 Points, 10/10 Slots
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-04 13:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

grumpette said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

Yes, you still get enmity on resisted AOE spells. This is something I still try to convince my LS THFs to do. Most still don't get it.

On THF, the purpose of /blu, /brd, /blm is to do a weak enmity AOE that will not wake slept monsters. This tags TH7-8 on all the monsters the spell hit. Since a sleeper sub is likely going to be resisted, I hope the THFs wait till after the full mages sleepga the mobs first otherwise the mobs may turn and kill the THF if the tank is unable to pull off an AOE hate spell first.

Instead, the THFs resists coming /sleepga and go /dnc or /war and miss tagging all monsters. OR they do /sleepga and think AOE tag with Aeolian Edge which ends up waking all the slept monsters which in turn kills the THF and the mages that slept the monsters. OR the THF gets killed because he gets excited and sleepgas before the mages get a chance to sleepga the mobs resulting in dead THF. Dead THF then gets mad and says sleepga does not work. Then refuses to try sleepga again not realizing that a weakened THF can still apply hate with sleepga from a safe distance as long as the mobs are asleep.

Your LS needs new thieves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Glizdus
Server: Bahamut
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2018-06-12 06:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said: »
My Setup:

Thanks Pat :)

But I also would like to ask about MP management.
How you guys manage your MP pool with so many spells in rotation when the only source of refresh is the trait and Refresh II (if so) or maybe GEO also when you ask nicely ;)?

Second question.
When we use this set

ItemSet 351882

Don't we sacrifice precious enmity points which, outside head and neck, those items doesn't have?
Or the BLU spells spam compensate this lose?
Or maybe while used as MIDCAST gear, Ahitacast/Gearswap using emnity set as a PRECAST?
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-12 10:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »
My Setup:

Thanks Pat :)

But I also would like to ask about MP management.
How you guys manage your MP pool with so many spells in rotation when the only source of refresh is the trait and Refresh II (if so) or maybe GEO also when you ask nicely ;)?

Let me introduce you to "Converts x% of damage taken to MP" gear

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chev._Armet_%2B1 (not a good option)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rev._Leggings_%2B3

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Flume_Belt_%2B1

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rudianos%27s_Mantle (augment with -DT, HP, Enmity if you want and wear the *** out of this)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ethereal_Earring (this is alright but if you play any nukers you're probably wanting the static earring)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ochain_(Level_90) (Situational if you dont need Aegis. Also, the level 99 version has more MP conversion... but generally its a waste to take this shield past level 90 unless you have a ton of money and nothing to do. In which case this advice costs 30mil please and thank you.)

Seriously, the Rudi mantle, flume belt are some of your best choices for a -PDT set (unless you need a billion HP as well... then the moonlight/moonbeam cape are better.

The Rev. Leggings +3 are pretty good for low/mid tier content. For high-tier OMFG content the souveran Schuhs +1 may be a better choice. Personally though I'm gonna ride the Rev. Leggings train for as long as I can.

Just those 3 pieces will give you 17% of damage taken converted to MP. (12% if you only have the +2 boots)

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »
Second question.
When we use this set

ItemSet 351882

Don't we sacrifice precious enmity points which, outside head and neck, those items doesn't have?
Or the BLU spells spam compensate this lose?
Or maybe while used as MIDCAST gear, Ahitacast/Gearswap using emnity set as a PRECAST?

No, enmity gear wont do ***in precast.

What IS useful though is a toggle.
Basically I have two sets, an emnmity set (where every piece has a ton of +enmity) and then a Spell Interruption Down set which has as few pieces as possible to get to 103% spell interruption rate (cap)

When the toggle is off, all my BLU spells cast in full enmity gear. When I turn the toggle on I equip the enmity gear, then equip spell interruption rate -% ontop of it.

Yes, technically spell interruption rate -% gear means I get less enmity on my casts. Yknow what gets me even less enmity though? Not being able to cast my BLU spells because im being hit my 14 mobs and they interrupt the ***out of me left and right.

You have to remember, the rate at which your spells are interrupted is largely based on your skill in the magic of that spell. So when you cast your BLU spells as a tank, thats going based off you skill with blue magic as a sub, which is next to nothing. A level 1 sand worm could sneeze on you and interrupt your blue spells. And an interrupted spell gets no enmity.

So learn to love your spell interruption set as /blu. Or be trash, your choice.

Edit: Keep in mind that Odyssean Feet can be augmented with 8 enmity, and the Souveran Schaller +1 can be augmented with 9 enmity. So those pieces are both good enmity pieces. And the moonbeam necklace has 10 enmity (hq version has 15). So you're only really losing enmity in Waist, Ammo, and Legs. Which isnt bad.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-12 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One other thing I try to consider on precast/midcast is pieces with gobs of HP(af+3 body/regal gauntlets/odnowa earrings. No healer or bot loves curing a PLD for 1200 HP that they lose every spell/ja they do.

If your blinking down to 2400HP and idling at 3500+ its gonna piss someone off, or destroy your healers mp pool
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-12 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
One other thing I try to consider on precast/midcast is pieces with gobs of HP(af+3 body/regal gauntlets/odnowa earrings. No healer or bot loves curing a PLD for 1200 HP that they lose every spell/ja they do.

If your blinking down to 2400HP and idling at 3500+ its gonna piss someone off, or destroy your healers mp pool

Yeah for bots it can be pretty bad.

Though when I play WHM I just make a mental note of that tanks precast HP and dont try to cure above it. They can use that missing HP to cure themselves for more hate if they really want.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
By Felgarr 2018-09-19 16:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My Setup:

Hate Spells:
(2) Blank Gaze
(4) Jettatura
(3) Geist Wall
(2) Sheep Song
(4) Soporific
-- 15 Points

Defensive:
(1) Cocoon
-- 1 Point

Healing:
(3) Wild Carrot (this costs 9mp less than Cure III)
(4) Healing Breeze (AoE Cure, Auto-Regen with Sheep Song)
-- 7 Points

Other:
(4) Refueling (10% Magic Haste. You should be getting haste from your supports... but people suck)
(3) Scredriver (10HP, 1VIT) edit: Can Swap for (2)Stinking Gas if you need more AoE Enmity.
-- 7 Points

30/30 Points, 10/10 Slots

This is a great list. I've opted to to replace Screwdriver with Stinking Gas and Poison Breath. This brings you up to 7 BLU spells for enmity with. I'm also mentioning the recast timers here, to give people an idea that some spells are not as frequent:

Need:
Blank Gaze 10s Single Target
Jettatura 120s Front Conal
Geist Wall 30s AoE
Sheep Song 60s AoE
Soporific 90s AoE

I use these:
Stinking Gas 60s AoE
Poison Breath 19.5s Front Conal

Instead of this:
Screwdriver 14s Single Target

In my downtime, I tend to use shield-bash, flash, sentinel, rampart, etc....but I always try to have 1-2 BLU spells available for the next pull. Sometimes, the DDs I play with kill things to fast and I don't have spells to pull with. (Haste is absolutely necessary for flash request. If I could guarantee a Haste all the time, I would use Refueling's 4 points elsewhere....but I digress.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-19 16:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no reason to use Poison Breath.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-19 16:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you using poison breath for?

Poison breath is damage based enmity. Meaning that the damage dealt by the spell and the target level determines the enmity generated. It's going to be complete crap enmity-wise on high level targets. Not to mention it's likely to be resisted into the ground due to low BLU magic skill and macc.

Also the recast of screwdriver is not in any way relevant as it was only set for the stat bonuses. I doubt they ever cast it at all.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Elfangor
user: Zekky
By Asura.Elfangor 2019-01-12 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Couple snippets I use courtest of Rolandj
Code
EnmityBlueMagic = S{"Jettatura","Sheep Song","Soporific","Blank Gaze","Geist Wall"} -- BlueMagic --

Code
 sets.Midcast.BLUEnmity = {ammo="Staunch tathlum +1", --95 Enmity, -104% Spell Interrupt, 2,713 HP--
        head=SouvHead,neck="Unmoving Collar +1",ear1="Halasz earring",ear2="Knightly earring",
        body=SouvBody,hands=SouvHand,ring1="Apeile ring +1",ring2="Apeile Ring",
        back=JSECapeEN,waist="Rumination sash",legs="Founder's hose",feet=OdysFeetFC}

I put this script in my PLD lua and it's coming up with an error. Is there an updated version of this script available by anyone? Thank you!
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-12 16:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s the error...
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2019-01-12 16:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
What’s the error...
This is what I have in my lua:
Code
	-- Spell sets
	EnmityBlueMagic = S{'Jettatura','Sheep Song','Soporific','Blank Gaze','Geist Wall'} -- BlueMagic --

--95 Enmity, -104% Spell Interrupt, 2,713 HP--
	sets.Midcast.BLUEnmity = {ammo="Staunch tathlum +1",head="Souv. Schaller +1",neck="Unmoving Collar +1",ear1="Halasz earring",ear2="Knightly earring",
       body="Reverence Surcoat +3",hands="Souv. Handsch. +1",ring1="Apeile ring +1",ring2="Apeile Ring",
       back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','VIT+10','Enmity+10',}},waist="Rumination sash",legs="Founder's hose",feet="Souveran Schuhs +1"}

Windower says 'attempt to index field "Midcast" (a nil value'
By Sabishii 2019-01-12 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said: »
Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
What’s the error...
This is what I have in my lua:
Code
	-- Spell sets
	EnmityBlueMagic = S{'Jettatura','Sheep Song','Soporific','Blank Gaze','Geist Wall'} -- BlueMagic --

--95 Enmity, -104% Spell Interrupt, 2,713 HP--
	sets.Midcast.BLUEnmity = {ammo="Staunch tathlum +1",head="Souv. Schaller +1",neck="Unmoving Collar +1",ear1="Halasz earring",ear2="Knightly earring",
       body="Reverence Surcoat +3",hands="Souv. Handsch. +1",ring1="Apeile ring +1",ring2="Apeile Ring",
       back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','VIT+10','Enmity+10',}},waist="Rumination sash",legs="Founder's hose",feet="Souveran Schuhs +1"}

Windower says 'attempt to index field "Midcast" (a nil value'

Okay, so I don't know where you put everything in your lua. I have a RUN lua that's a mote.lua and I make use of RUN/BLU.

This is how mine is setup.
Code
function job_setup()
blue_magic_maps = {}

blue_magic_maps.Enmity = S{
        'Blank Gaze', 'Geist Wall', 'Jettatura', 'Soporific', 'Poison Breath', 'Blitzstrahl',
		'Sheep Song', 'Chaotic Eye', 'Soporific'
    }
	blue_magic_maps.Cure = S{
        'Wild Carrot', 'Healing Breeze'
    }
	blue_magic_maps.Buffs = S{
		'Cocoon', 'Refueling', 'Metallic Shell'
	}
	--this defines a spell map for each type of BLU spell you want to use.
end

function init_gear_sets()
    sets.enmity = {ammo="Sapience Orb", head="Halitus Helm", neck="Moonbeam Necklace", body="Emet Harness +1", ear1="Friomisi Earring", ear2="Cryptic Earring", 
			ring1="Pernicious Ring", ring2="Petrov Ring", hands="Kurys Gloves",back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Damage taken-5%',}},feet="Ahosi Leggings",} --this is your enmity set for enmity gear, but it won't automatically call it until you set it for the spell types

-- Midcast sets

sets.midcast['Blue Magic'] = {}
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Enmity = sets.enmity --enmity gear gets called here
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Cure = sets.midcast.Cure
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Buffs = sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic']

Does this help you out? It's more detailed with notes in it.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-12 17:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I pressume you have the motes-include included at the top? If not, that could be your problem because that defines the instance sets.midcast = {}.

function get_sets()
-- Load and initialize the include file.
include('Mote-Include.lua')
end

If you don’t have motes included, you have to add one line prior:
sets.midcast = {}

The error up top basically says it’s undefined or has no value (nil).
 Cerberus.Hokuten
Server: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-01-14 08:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.midcast.BLUEnmity

midcast needs to be all lowercase
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8