Delve ~ Plasm Farm
 Fenrir.Ezrah
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I'm looking to get a few ppl together for plasm farming regularly. My friend is completing his geo ergon and needs 2M plasm so wanted to get something going. We have a total 3 ppl. probably need a tank now that hate seems to be leaning toward bringing one. A stunner would be nice as my stunning skills stink but I can learn and have the gear for it. Let me know!

myself 119 jobs ~ SAM RDM THF RNG SMN
friend1 119 jobs ~ MNK
friend2 119 jobs ~ GEO THF RUN
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-08 13:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does friend1 have a Cor? Is so can do wopket. No need for stunner. Sam cor geo. Just need white mage bard another DD.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-08 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If hate control is an issue, a melee job with otherwise poor enmity moves could sub /RUN for Flash. Anyway, good luck finding a cool crew.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

After update hate seems to be crazy. I got like 6 runs of tojil together to all fail due to hate issues. setups were usually the staple; MNK/RUNx2 SAM WHM BRD RDM. WHM almost always got hate and it would snowball from there. Couldnt even get a clear after update. Like wtf isnt he supposed to be the easiest? Was thinking of bringing classic tank setup see how that fares. Thanks for the help!
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-04-08 13:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ezrah said: »
After update hate seems to be crazy. I got like 6 runs of tojil together to all fail due to hate issues. setups were usually the staple; MNK/RUNx2 SAM WHM BRD RDM. WHM almost always got hate and it would snowball from there. Couldnt even get a clear after update. Like wtf isnt he supposed to be the easiest? Was thinking of bringing classic tank setup see how that fares. Thanks for the help!

Or get better DDs and mnks don't need /run on Tojil. Does your Whm have a decent enmity- build or are they just using any old bollocks to cure in? Are they spamming cure V and curaga V when a cure III or curaga III would do?
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-04-08 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A decent BLU can get ridiculous hate at start. AoE Flutter on 6 characters gives a ton of CE, just make sure you voke before doing it so you're on the hate list.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 14:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DDs are fine. All full 119. Im SAM and my wife is one of the MNKs. My point about the /run, I was trying to say was they were flashing and I was voke spamming and he still would go after mages. WHM was pretty good when i had LSmate like 4/6 of those attempts. Before update I had no issue holding him with voke and fudo spam. Now its a struggle to get him back. Have you tried Tojil since update?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-04-08 14:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to wonder how fast BLU can cap enmity now - and across multiple targets too.

Actinic Burst gives as much as flash iirc.
AoE Flutter is a large CE times 6 if you can manage to hit multiple chars.
Winds of Promyvion, though I don't remember the hate for this being tested, in Incursion it'd make the boss pretty angry.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-04-08 14:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DDs are fine. All full 119. Im SAM and my wife is one of the MNKs. My point about the /run, I was trying to say was they were flashing and I was voke spamming and he still would go after mages. WHM was pretty good when i had LSmate like 4/6 of those attempts. Before update I had no issue holding him with voke and fudo spam. Now its a struggle to get him back. Have you tried Tojil since update?

From years of experience ilvl means nothing if you are poor at the job no amount of high level gear will up your damage. Well flash is a bit meh for hate unless you arent gearing for it every pld and run will have enmity+ gear and high FC precast gear. The thing that makes flash meh is that its all CE and not very high CE at that its 1280 and CE decreases with damage taken. If you go /war and voke it adds 1800 VE which decays at 60 a sec and damage taken wont effect it. Even runs will go /blu and spam the high enmity spells rather than flash. No I haven't done much on XI since the update.

If you still can't keep hate drop a MNK, no one ever needs 2 MNKs for Tojil, and pick up a good pld or a run.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-08 14:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Many Tojil runs since the update. I just tell DDs to voke on CD and there are no problems. I never do /run on Tojil because /war is better for the zone. It shouldn't be alive for more than a few minutes, anyways. And to support others, Ilvl means absolutely nothing.

Check with your WHM, as they could be using a curing set with no -enmity.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-08 14:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I have, though I think if I was having those troubles, I'd put +Enmity gear in Flash/high enmity JA macros, and tell the mages to put more -Enmity on for Stun/Cures if they can. Collaborator would probably help a ton too.
[+]
By Numquam 2015-04-08 14:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I need the plasm too!!! Ugh...but I'm stuck on Phoenix. ; ;

Good luck though!
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 14:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

From years of experience ilvl means nothing if you are poor at the job no amount of high level gear will up your damage. Well flash is a bit meh for hate unless you arent gearing for it every pld and run will have enmity+ gear and high FC precast gear. The thing that makes flash meh is that its all CE and not very high CE at that its 1280 and CE decreases with damage taken. If you go /war and voke it adds 1800 VE which decays at 60 a sec and damage taken wont effect it. Even runs will go /blu and spam the high enmity spells rather than flash. No I haven't done much on XI since the update.

If you still can't keep hate drop a MNK, no one ever needs 2 MNKs for Tojil, and pick up a good pld or a run.

While I appreciate your input, insulting my own and my wifes play skill doesn't contribute. Please go try 6man Tojil in under 119 gear and tell me of your results.

The ppl I have been going with aside from one or two p/u whm or stunners are all solid players whom I have gotten plenty of delve wins with pre-update.

I was thinking of replacing a DD with a tank. As I said in the OP it seems SE is pushing us in the direction of bringing actual tanks to events and not just DDs that can take a hit or two.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-08 14:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have DDs come /war. I literally just finished a x6 Tojil with no hate issues whatsoever with my LS. Sub-20 minute runs each time, Tojil dead within 5 or less.

And our 1-hand DDs are never full 119 thanks to Thaumas, which also presents no problems.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-04-08 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't actually aimed at you it was a generalisation of the player base and that higher ilvl doesn't always mean higher damage. If you want to take it as a personal insult that won't lose me any sleep. It was more of you can get leeches etc that have high end gear and don't know what they are doing, and no I'm not saying YOU are the leech.

I've done plenty of 6 man Tojil just not after the update I very much doubt I will do anymore. In your case it sounds like /run isn't doing your pt any favors and a small mistake can quickly snowball into a bad run.

I'll provide an example I would post the parse but I don't have the S'S anymore. I had 2 rngs in a DD run doing 20 lower damage and I was in the tank pt buffing the tanks and getting an odd flurry now and again. They were geared they just didn't know what to do. I have 6 different shooting sets, 4 melee sets and 6 ws sets. My cor was in 109 for the most part and a 119 Skirmish+2 gun I had just come back from a lonh break as well.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 16:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Just have DDs come /war. I literally just finished a x6 Tojil with no hate issues whatsoever with my LS. Sub-20 minute runs each time, Tojil dead within 5 or less.

And our 1-hand DDs are never full 119 thanks to Thaumas, which also presents no problems.

What was setup?

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
That wasn't actually aimed at you it was a generalisation of the player base and that higher ilvl doesn't always mean higher damage. If you want to take it as a personal insult that won't lose me any sleep. It was more of you can get leeches etc that have high end gear and don't know what they are doing, and no I'm not saying YOU are the leech.

I've done plenty of 6 man Tojil just not after the update I very much doubt I will do anymore. In your case it sounds like /run isn't doing your pt any favors and a small mistake can quickly snowball into a bad run.

I'll provide an example I would post the parse but I don't have the S'S anymore. I had 2 rngs in a DD run doing 20 lower damage and I was in the tank pt buffing the tanks and getting an odd flurry now and again. They were geared they just didn't know what to do. I have 6 different shooting sets, 4 melee sets and 6 ws sets. My cor was in 109 for the most part and a 119 Skirmish+2 gun I had just come back from a lonh break as well.

Sorry it's just when you say "it might be your DD" and my wife and I are the DD, it seems directed at us. All that crap aside, I think the mages weren't all that great. My whm is up and coming. Huzzah! Since I remember a p/u saying "woo whm tank" just before dying.

Also this derailed I just need best/fastest/easiest plasm farm and bodies on my server!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-08 16:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU, PUP, SAM, GEO, WHM, BRD

Whenever I do Delve, I'm basically always on BLU unless it's a Marjami or Kamihr run. No problem holding hate through provoke, high damage, and the vast array of enmity-generating tools BLU has. Most of the time we run with a COR, but our PUP had just finished his mythic and was in the mood for PUP.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 16:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
BLU, PUP, SAM, GEO, WHM, BRD

Whenever I do Delve, I'm basically always on BLU unless it's a Marjami or Kamihr run. No problem holding hate through provoke, high damage, and the vast array of enmity-generating tools BLU has. Most of the time we run with a COR, but our PUP had just finished his mythic and was in the mood for PUP.

Nice.
 Fenrir.Melliez
user: Melliez
By Fenrir.Melliez 2015-04-08 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lolBRD
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-09 08:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melliez said: »
lolBRD

...the BRD was some scrub...
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-04-09 08:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

sam brd rdm 3 man runs are unaffected by this, so its definitely not all around harder.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-09 08:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
sam brd rdm 3 man runs are unaffected by this, so its definitely not all around harder.

This thread is to recruit bodies for plasm farming not to debate wether or not the enmity update changed things...
 Fenrir.Melliez
user: Melliez
By Fenrir.Melliez 2015-04-10 05:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melliez said: »
lolBRD

...the BRD was some scrub...

word..