Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22
By Blkninja 2013-09-05 03:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

how do u equip materia?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-05 04:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a DoH to meld it on I think its the class that makes the gear that has to meld it on.
By Blkninja 2013-09-05 04:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

doh?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-05 04:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Disciple of the Hand, any of the crafting classes.
 Asura.Ryndo
Server: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-05 04:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked everywhere I can think, except market board cuz theres nothing there, I just cant find any.

Where can I find lv.35 Armor and weapons for Disciple of war (Drg).

I know dungeons are good but can be unpredictable.

Any info? ><

2nd Q how do you beat the dragon in brayflox... tried luring him out of poison and standing on left side but he still whooped my pt.

And my 3rd n final question: where can I find twin adder leves at 30+ cuz.im getting tired of hawthorne. Everyone says quarrymill or camp tranquil but I cant find any grand company leve people there.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-05 05:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Q1 Brayflox for the armour and Manor for the weapon or the sunken temple of qarn. Generally where the story missions take you at level 35 there will be weapons and armour roughly the same level.

Q2 sounds like either the tank or healer are crap. Is the tank dieing? Is the healer running out of mp? How long is the fight lasting? Are you moving it out of the green pools?

Q3 you dont need to get GC leves off the twin adder NPCs you can go to any area and still get leves for the twin adders so again go to level 30+ areas. Camp bronzelake might have some im not sure though.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-05 07:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1. For 35 gear, I just pretty much used quest gear up until AF at 45. I ran every dungeon for story or if it wasn't part of the story for hunting log/ just the experience. Some gear came from there. I had the mindset though that I was planning to rush DRG to 50 asap so I didn't focus much on low level gearing. At 35 I quested and spammed FATES in Dragonhead till 45.

2. For Brayflox the way our group did it was Tank pulled it to the top left corner, when it dropped the pool, he moved to the right corner, then more in the center, etc basically keeping it out of those pools. If anyone is dying, someone sucks. No one came close to dying in my group it was just a DPS race to down it before too many pools and then the regen would overwhelm.

3. No idea I didn't do much of these.
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-05 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm ran out of mp and then tank kept dying.

And we kept trying to pull him out but didnt work
By Quiznor 2013-09-05 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Whm ran out of mp and then tank kept dying.

And we kept trying to pull him out but didnt work

Just belt it across to the complete opposite side of the room and let it come to you

And dodge the breath
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-05 09:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like crap tank/healer sindrome ive seen this a lot in the duty finder.

Check tanks gear if its too low level they are going to be a massive mp sponge they will need to buy higher level or do manor for armour. A tanks gear must be upto date or they are going to be taking too much damage. If healer is spamming cure II they are going to run out of mp very very quickly they should be using cure till they get a free.cure proc then use cure II. Healer also needs a near level weapon for decent cures and make sure they arent nuking either healers dont need to do damage.

The dragon can be easily moved around the area so if its not moving thats because the tank isnt moving it.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-05 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to set all my class bonus attributes. anyone got any suggestions? It should all be pretty straight forward but I was wondering what a lot of ppl have been putting their 30 attributes in. I've almost completed all job story lines without using the attributes but i need to get ready for end game.

Also. my lowest lvl job now is 30 arn. but im on the lvl 15 LL story mission satasha. I wanted to know how well equip syncs to lower lvls. or if its better to rebuy low lvl gear. I dont think the missions will be difficult but still want to know if synced gear gets trashed to worse than gear of that lvl.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-05 14:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much melee = str range = dex nuker = int healer = mnd.

From what ive seeb higher level gear syncs rather well, lil higher than gear for that level, I had a relic drg during a stone vigil and he was ripping mobs apart.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-05 14:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Pretty much melee = str range = dex nuker = int healer = mnd.

From what ive seeb higher level gear syncs rather well, lil higher than gear for that level, I had a relic drg during a stone vigil and he was ripping mobs apart.

Ok good. died a couple times during the gladiator lvl 30ish fight on the highbridge and thought it might be because my gear was lvl 50. Though it was actually because my hotkeys were set to lvl 50 and the extra class traits werent set properly. xD I should probably use potions/ethers more.. though running like i got my head cut off while regaining hp/mp is still a nice option.
By Blkninja 2013-09-05 21:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only use the fantasia potion one time PER character? All my other characters also received one.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-05 23:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other dungeon besides the keep have Tomes of Mythology?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-05 23:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Wanderer's Palace has them, too.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-06 00:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blkninja said: »
how do u equip materia?
You need to finish a quest in order to be allowed to meld it. If you are leveling a craft at 20 you will receive the quest and this will allow you to add materia.
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-06 04:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on tanking on MRD? Lv.16 atm. Using it to tank dungeons n stuff for someone helping them lvl. Any tips is appreciated :)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-06 04:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on tanking on MRD? Lv.16 atm. Using it to tank dungeons n stuff for someone helping them lvl. Any tips is appreciated :)

Having Flash from GLD helps get initial hate. Depending on if you have a Thaum or BLM spam Overwhelm AoE a couple of times to keep hate in case anyone else is AoEing (Thaum/BLM). Don't AoE if Thaum/BLM is sleeping mobs.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-06 06:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a good idea to get a couple in at least so you can establish hate.
 Lakshmi.Vagrua
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vagrua
By Lakshmi.Vagrua 2013-09-06 08:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Will ffxivpro.com be placing the Market Board prices in the future or is it not possible? Price/stock of items currently up. I just started ffxiv & couldn't find a thread answering this.
 Phoenix.Jiluun
Server: Phoenix
user: jiluun
By Phoenix.Jiluun 2013-09-06 08:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone understand how the Lotting system works. Trying to understand how it decides if you Need it or not. Also wondering if what I am hearing is true about Need always overlots Greed.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-06 09:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jiluun said: »
Does anyone understand how the Lotting system works. Trying to understand how it decides if you Need it or not. Also wondering if what I am hearing is true about Need always overlots Greed.
Need always wins vs greed and you can only need if your current job can equip it. Sucks for those with multi 50s :(
By Quiznor 2013-09-06 09:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on the following fates? I know which are behemoth and where he pops but thats it. Mainly looking for locations/pop timers

Locking Horns
Uncut
On The Ropes
Lazy Town
Boughbury Burning
Curtain Call (I know where Highbridge is)
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-06 10:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the lotting system puts the classes into 3 jobs. Tanks, DPS and mages. MRD and GLD can only lot on tank stuff, even tho they are DOW. while BRD LNC PUG can lot on DOW only. mage is obvious
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-06 10:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Blkninja said: »
how do u equip materia?
You need to finish a quest in order to be allowed to meld it. If you are leveling a craft at 19 you will receive the quest and this will allow you to add materia.
Fixed
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-06 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mark your targets and make sure they understand to kill in order. No reason for them to get hate unless they're spamming aoe which they shouldn't do unless there is a group of 3+. Which case you just spam overpower.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jiluun
Server: Phoenix
user: jiluun
By Phoenix.Jiluun 2013-09-06 12:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Phoenix.Jiluun said: »
Need always wins vs greed and you can only need if your current job can equip it. Sucks for those with multi 50s :(

Ok Exactly what i thought til we had a run that an All Class Ring was Greed for me that I could use for my DPS Lancer but the TANK WAR had it as need for him. Made us think theres more to this Need/Greed than just the fact you can wear it.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a question but This seems like a decent enough place to through this out there.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/565593-ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-will-support-remote-play-on-ps4

Remote play on ps4 :O Now a reason to bring my vita with me! xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-06 13:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I most say....that I liked the story...just did the last dungeon of the story....was very fun but AoE everywhere! @.@

Recommendation.....use the camera view far as possible so you know where to go to avoid the AoE >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22