Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-07 16:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryndo Shikage said: »
Ive got miner at lv.30 but I dont know what craft it compliments, armorer blacksmith or something else? Also which is better between allagan spear and gae bolg +1?
blacksmith, armorer and goldsmithing... There are a few Alchemy ingredients as well...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-07 16:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
In my FATE grinding ACN/SCH at Dragonhead, I've been waiting on Svara to pop since by the time I get to anything else, it's over or I can't see the mob till it dies. In doing this, I have a lot of downtime and I've begun to notice this one BRD at Dragonhead.
Idk if its true or not but someone was saying fate grinding exp is based on emnity building... you can get into a group and spam flash and such to see if you can tag some mobs... when they go down that fast you don't really have to worry about getting wasted... that and even if you die you still get the exp and can set hp at the crystal there...
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-08 07:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
In my FATE grinding ACN/SCH at Dragonhead, I've been waiting on Svara to pop since by the time I get to anything else, it's over or I can't see the mob till it dies. In doing this, I have a lot of downtime and I've begun to notice this one BRD at Dragonhead.
Idk if its true or not but someone was saying fate grinding exp is based on emnity building... you can get into a group and spam flash and such to see if you can tag some mobs... when they go down that fast you don't really have to worry about getting wasted... that and even if you die you still get the exp and can set hp at the crystal there...
It all seems like numbers to me, but it could be enmity, I noticed that as SCH I could spam 75-105 dmg Ruins and get next to nothing but in a party I could cast 500-700 Physicks and get gold consistently. I swapped to ACN and would just put Topaz on Svara and fight Aevis and usually get gold.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-11-12 19:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost to 50 and got a few tombstones, where are good spots/dungeons to farm them as I will be needing DL gear soon? And say an nm drops 20 stones, is that distributed 4/8 ways or is that the set number you yourself will receive?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-12 19:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium will get you 100 philosophy tomestones (sorry, pet peeve) and have very lenient gear requirements. Wanderer's Palace will get you 100 philo and 30 mythology stones and again, has a lenient gear requirement as long as you avoid speed runs (SRs). Amdapor Keep will get you 100 philo and 40 mytho, but has a stricter ilvl requirement in order to complete (ilvl 60+ preferably). Garuda speed runs (can be done in 4 min or less) get you 20(?) philo and 10 mytho, but has high gear requirements and requires you to know the fight. Titan gets farmed as well but that is mostly for badass ***.

Personally, I try to do a mix of all those methods to avoid boredom, but for someone just starting out, I would stick to the dungeons with lesser gear standards until you start building up your DL and get a relic weapon. Also, tomes aren't distributed among the group.

Edit: Forget to mention the difference between the two currencies in case you didn't know. Philos are used to purchase DL armor, accessories, and crafting mats while Mythos are used to purchase ilvl 90 relic armor and Hero accessories.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-11-12 20:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice,Ty
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-11-12 21:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Amdapor Keep will get you 100 philo and 40 mytho, but has a stricter ilvl requirement in order to complete (ilvl 60+ preferably).
It's worth noting that this is a player enforced requirement not based off the actual difficulty of the dungeon. If you have friends to run with AF and AH weapons can get you through just fine and get you lv60 gear in the process which is not only good enough to take you past titan but gives you some guidance on which DL peices to get first since you can fill out the slots you don't get AK gear for. If you try DFing it you can expect some butt hurt with less than a primal weapon and DL though, shout groups are getting to the point where they want lv90 gear.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-11-13 01:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

is the new housing update in 2.1? anyone know?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-11-13 02:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »
is the new housing update in 2.1? anyone know?
The Free company housing I believe yes, personal housing will not be till down the line.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-11-13 05:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I'm almost to 50 and got a few tombstones, where are good spots/dungeons to farm them as I will be needing DL gear soon? And say an nm drops 20 stones, is that distributed 4/8 ways or is that the set number you yourself will receive?

Pleebo said pretty much all you need to know, but I figured I'd drop this in here: Virtually nobody runs Praetorium regularly -- it's longer than CM and gives the same reward. CM is the only level 50 instance with no real DPS check at all, making it ideal for players without much or any darklight armor. With low enough DPS the second bosses of WP and AK become unwinnable. Garuda is easy, but becomes quite painful with low DPS. Ifrit is actually harder for PUGs unless you get the correct jobs (need to have at least 1 PLD and one mage DD to complete it easily). Titan isn't as hard as people make him out to be, except that many players are terrible and will die to the easy to avoid attacks, let alone the tricky ones. In any case, I'd recommend getting a few darklight items (not accessories -- you'll want the VIT boost, though if you're a tank you can disregard that since tanks get VIT accessories), then transition into WP and AK as far as the DF goes. With friends, obviously, do whatever. Lastly, your relic weapon is a massive upgrade and until you get it you should always be thinking about getting it. Also, your first 900 mythology tomes should probably go to upgrading your relic to +1 (additionally this means that you should have your relic within 3 weeks of beginning to farm mythology tomes, but your mileage may vary).

EDIT: I forgot to mention you should buy a decent weapon at 50 (GC or HQ crafted) if you don't already have something a previous class greeded. Primal weapons are nice, but the drops can be so erratic that you just might drive yourself insane trying to get one. I've personally killed Ifrit ~20 times and Garuda ~50 times and have several weapons for classes I don't play, but have only seen knuckles drop twice from Ifrit (lost both times) and never from Garuda. Still primal battles can be fun to flag if dungeons are draining you. Garuda gives decent mythology (if done quickly) and a chance at a good weapon.
[+]
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-11-14 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone heard anything about flying mounts yet? im talking about in the sky mounts not the floating ones.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-11-18 18:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody in a fate party mentioned possible name changes, any truth to that? I didn't see anything when I googled it.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2013-11-19 06:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »
anyone heard anything about flying mounts yet? im talking about in the sky mounts not the floating ones.
Seem pointless to me. This isn't WoW, the game zones into new areas instead of being relatively seamless.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-19 15:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been asked before:

If i switch grand companies (again), do I lose my rank/seals?

For example: I started with ul'dah, then moved to limsa, if i switch back to ul'dah: will my ul'dah seals still be there (and rank). Same with limsa when i switch back?
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Ghishlain
By Zyrin Pyrial 2013-11-19 15:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

For example: I started with ul'dah, then moved to limsa, if i switch back to ul'dah: will my ul'dah seals still be there (and rank). Same with limsa when i switch back?

From the description of the transfer, they mentioned that your assets (company seals) are frozen on transfer, and I'd imagine you keep your rank too. However, I have no first hand experience about this, Duffman.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-19 15:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyrin Pyrial said: »

From the description of the transfer, they mentioned that your assets (company seals) are frozen on transfer, and I'd imagine you keep your rank too. However, I have no first hand experience about this, Duffman.

thanks babe. Ill let you know if no one else chimes in. i swapped before getting choco barding and now the completionist in me wants to go back for it. However, the thought of doing aurum vale more than the absolute minimum makes my *** pucker.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-19 16:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone who knows something about crafting run down the types of crystals / shards / ect and how to get them, n' such?

I don't understand why there are three types, & a friend was asking me as well.

thanks in advance.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-11-19 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to do it is level Gathering to 50, and ...gather. :o

Other than that, killing higher level spirits, i.e. ice/fire, can net you some, but that's slower.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2013-11-19 17:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shards are used in almost all non-star recipes (so anything below Lv50 or something like that). Crystals are used in elemental-aspected recipes. You'll see them for recipes that require "damaged" gear/weapons that you'll commonly find in dungeons (qarn or stone vigil for example) and 1-star stuff. Clusters are used in 2-star recipes exclusively (Lv70 weapons/armor). Probably a rare exception here or there.

You can harvest all 3 types from DoL (except fishing) at Lv50.

In case you're curious, you can't break down cluster to crystal, or crystal to shard.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-19 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks to both of you.
By Angrymog 2013-11-20 03:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i swapped before getting choco barding and now the completionist in me wants to go back for it. However, the thought of doing aurum vale more than the absolute minimum makes my *** pucker.

Just a heads up, the GC barding doesn't transfer over. Lost all my Limsa going to Ul'dah. Suppose if you wanted it just in case you go back then I understand. As for the seals, on the 3rd GC now will know in 30 days when I go back to my original but if you look at your currency before logging out it'll have the old GC currency greyed out.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-20 07:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Angrymog said: »
i swapped before getting choco barding and now the completionist in me wants to go back for it. However, the thought of doing aurum vale more than the absolute minimum makes my *** pucker.

Just a heads up, the GC barding doesn't transfer over. Lost all my Limsa going to Ul'dah. Suppose if you wanted it just in case you go back then I understand. As for the seals, on the 3rd GC now will know in 30 days when I go back to my original but if you look at your currency before logging out it'll have the old GC currency greyed out.

There's an achievement for getting all 3 sets of barding. I'll end up doing it eventually but if it was at a no-seal loss, i'll hop right now.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-20 10:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Somebody in a fate party mentioned possible name changes, any truth to that? I didn't see anything when I googled it.

Create an alt on another server then change to that server.
By Angrymog 2013-11-21 02:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an achievement for getting all 3 sets of barding. I'll end up doing it eventually but if it was at a no-seal loss, i'll hop right now.

Talking about "Pimp your Ride"? That should trigger just by grabbing just the 3 from any single nation... I hope there isn't another one because I just switched not long ago and don't want to wait another 30 days after this one to go back to my original GC.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-22 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Angrymog said: »

Talking about "Pimp your Ride"? That should trigger just by grabbing just the 3 from any single nation... I hope there isn't another one because I just switched not long ago and don't want to wait another 30 days after this one to go back to my original GC.

I was. I guess i misinterpreted the wording on that then!
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-11 04:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from +1 lance and body which other pieces of mythos gear are important to get for drg assuming the possibility of getting allagan exists?

Also what determines if an item gets a signature or not (or if it is removed)? Everything I make seems to have it but when I look at gear I got off the AH which, was HQ so definetly crafted by someone, it seems to be kinda on and off if it has a signature.
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-12-11 08:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Aside from +1 lance and body which other pieces of mythos gear are important to get for drg assuming the possibility of getting allagan exists?

Also what determines if an item gets a signature or not (or if it is removed)? Everything I make seems to have it but when I look at gear I got off the AH which, was HQ so definetly crafted by someone, it seems to be kinda on and off if it has a signature.

I see a lot of people get the Wyrm Helm ASAP, dunno why though, because I read that it gets replaced by the allagan version. Though I think you got the necessary pieces already. Not 100% sure.
Server: Cactuar
user: Lian
By Poupee Goo 2013-12-11 14:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vayna healing set vs darklight healing body?
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-12-19 11:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you give a player commendation? I havent seen anything about it yet.

Also, has anyone heard anything about if they are implementing name change options? I'm sick of being looked down upon simply because I have the surname Highwind.
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Ghishlain
By Zyrin Pyrial 2013-12-19 11:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Poupee Goo said: »
Vayna healing set vs darklight healing body?

(One week later...) HQ Vanya with the right Materia should outclass Darklight, but I believe DL has the better stats without the Materia involvement.

Dalmonn Highwind said: »
How do you give a player commendation? I havent seen anything about it yet.

Also, has anyone heard anything about if they are implementing name change options? I'm sick of being looked down upon simply because I have the surname Highwind.

Players who are solo are allowed to vote for players they feel did well in their Duty Finder. I think it MAY be specific to Duty Roulette, but I'm not entirely sure.

Name changes are planned to be implemented, but they haven't given a definitive date yet.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22