Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-03 03:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if you check the "Join Party in Progress" box in Duty Finder? >_> (Aside from obviously, joining a party in progress..)

I don't wanna just gatecrash someones instance D: Do they get the option as to whether or not to invite me? Are you likely to miss out on some requirement for the story scenarios?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-03 03:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think when a team member disconnects and isn't able to come back, their leader can look for a replacement. Players who have checked that box are saying that they don't mind joining a run halfway finished.

I'm not sure if it's only areas you have checked and are currently looking for a group in, or if it's areas you've already completed or have access to, even if you haven't checked it.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 04:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me yesterday that join party in progress only works if they have already completed the instance you are doing. Also I don't think it just invites randoms in if it d/c's because the people I was with were talking about having to look for another person to que in.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-03 04:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a member dc in a duty finder party (the tank). We continued on for about 10 minutes and then another tank was added to our party. He had never completed this run before.

So it seems that it doesn't have to be an area you haven't previously completed.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 04:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, thanks for the info!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-03 10:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else started the Veil of Wiyu quest and been told to get the book of healing? Is this normal and will I still be able to make veil of wiyu if I turn in the materia melded book of healing?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-03 16:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On 1.0, I made a bucket load of money by Fishing and synthing the fish into Crystals/Shards. I noticed that they took those synths out of ALCs playbook. What exactly is the best way to get Crystals/Shards now? D: (Please don't say killing eles, I get like 5 shards off every ele >_>)

EDIT: Just noticed them in my Gathering log, looks like I'll have to level MNR or BOT D: I assume it's 1+ per attempt?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-03 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i think iits 1, yes, until you get the bonus that gives you a few at a time, but that's high leveled mining
By Lillica 2013-09-03 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I might add a couple things I learned last night about chocobos in here, maybe it will be asked by someone at some point.

If you fall while on a chocobo you will take full fall damage as if you fell by yourself. I have done this several times to test it out doing full HP -1 and was doing 750+ damage and never had the chocobo buck me off or run away.

If you are doing a leve or quest which requires pacifying a monster with a key item, your chocobo will continue to attack the newly calmed monster until told not to. If you have a quest where you can not kill the target your chocobo can cause you to fail.

When you are fighting enemies with your chocobo out you will see two messages saying that "you" have received exp. In fact the bottom experience is your chocobo's exp.

It's not enough for a guide by any means, but just some things I have been learneding, I hope to spend more time with my chobo this weekend ^^
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-09-03 21:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a site that gives info on how you get your Artifact for your jobs?
By Quiznor 2013-09-03 22:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed everyone saying you get your first AF piece for doing the level 45 job quest. I'm only 44,but earlier today I looked at the locked version of the quest and it showed no AF piece as the reward. I;m pretty sure even locked quests show rewards? Am I missing something or what :o
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-03 22:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because there's no actual reward for the quest. If it's the same as the SMN one, you talk to the NPC at 45 and then talk four different NPCs, kill a mob that spawns, then get AF from them.

It's actually quite lackluster. Used to be harder to get AF in 1.0, and not to mention, it all get's replaced at 50 anyway.
By Quiznor 2013-09-03 22:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
That's because there's no actual reward for the quest. If it's the same as the SMN one, you talk to the NPC at 45 and then talk four different NPCs, kill a mob that spawns, then get AF from them.

It's actually quite lackluster. Used to be harder to get AF in 1.0, and not to mention, it all get's replaced at 50 anyway.

But thanks for the info!
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-03 22:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad gear, but they're fillers at best. Just farm some dungeons and start collecting Tomestones for Darklight Gear and Relic Gear.
By Quiznor 2013-09-03 22:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad gear, but they're fillers at best. Just farm some dungeons and start collecting Tomestones for Darklight Gear and Relic Gear.

Yeah thats pretty much the plan. My current gear is mostly 40-44,I was planning on using the AF till 50 and working on something better
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-03 23:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I wrong or was there AF quests in 1.0 with CS's and stuff? maybe in game CS's but still. I could swear I remember CS's. I have yet to get far enough to get the AF for all my jobs atm since i do each city-states class/jobs quests at the same time and generally stop once I unlock the job until I get caught up with the other quests. but I think im on the whm af right now. Where I just how to do /emotes to shrines in different areas. is that the quest? do i get af after that? >.> because thats a lot worse than it was in 1.0.

The only reason I see them doing this is because AF is filler armor and they didn't think people would want to waste so much time getting armor they won't use. Though if thats true I would want them to make us have to quest the Relic gear.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-03 23:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting your AF armor in 1.0 was much more involved than it is now. It made you go into high level dungeons, invade a beastmen stronghold and group up for a somewhat challenging instanced fight. Of course that armor (or at least pieces of it) was meant as endgame stuff whereas the current implementation appears to be intended as starter gear for level 50 content.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-09-03 23:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's far super easy in 2.0 compared to even 1.23. The previous iterations of the quests (1.0) involved a couple of pieces locked into various 'coffer chests' surrounded by high-level aggro mobs, which could still be solo'ed with patience and sneaking. A couple of pieces would be stored in side-passages in multi-player-only dungeons, or in beastmen strongholds requiring a key for the boxes. And a final piece would be done in a BCNM-style fight, which would allow others to assist.

In 2.0 they revamped it so that most all battles are easily solo'ed. The PLD AF's were so easy compared to the previous fights, which were quite challenging for someone to try to solo in 1.23. The WHM AF's in 2.0 are simply /emoting boxes or examining them, with one battle.

So overall it's a lot easier. But even if the difficulty was nerfed, I feel it is an improvement, as in 1.xx the dungeon-requirements (have to clear D-Darkhold before Aurum Vale access is given, etc.) were a real AF-block. :p

EDIT: Bah, I got Pleebo'ed. ;_; Too slow again!
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-03 23:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya now I remember. Glad they changed it for AF but wish they switched it for Relic. Is Relic a job story quest? or is it simply get X amount of seals from these dungeons and turn them in for relic gear? Also i kind of miss all the different stuff armor/weapons gave in 1.23. like hp/mp+ and all that. seems to have been streamlined to +vit/etc + skill/spell speed, + determination etc. seams simpler. like all gear is basically the same but some have have 1 different stat.

so lets say dragoon body armor.

Relic vs allagan is same def/magic def. same str/vit+ both have determination + but relic has 7 more. now the only difference besides that is relic has crit rate+ 24 where as allagan has skill speed +34.

I assume that later we will know which is generally better. but still seems like you either go crit+ or skill speed with most/all armor pieces
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-09-03 23:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

from what i can tell atm, crit rate > skill speed. I have a feeling this may change when level cap goes up and we are introduced with some really badass skills that aren't at the Global CD already. ( yes i know there are already a few at 50, but not enough really)
By Kimble2013 2013-09-03 23:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so basically just keep doing my bard quests and it will get all my AF?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-03 23:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I got Pleebo'ed. ;_;
/point
/laugh

:<
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-03 23:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I got Pleebo'ed. ;_;
/point
/laugh

:<

Kimble2013 said: »
so basically just keep doing my bard quests and it will get all my AF?
Yes.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-09-04 00:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

global cd is at 2.5seconds right? or is it slightly lower?
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-04 00:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is approaching 50, so I'm starting to look at a second class/job, and have decided on ACN with a main of SCH, but SMN, too. Question is what stats should I max? Mind, Intelligence, or Piety?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-04 06:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

AnnaMolly said: »
MNK is approaching 50, so I'm starting to look at a second class/job, and have decided on ACN with a main of SCH, but SMN, too. Question is what stats should I max? Mind, Intelligence, or Piety?

MND for SCH and INT for SMN.
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
from what i can tell atm, crit rate > skill speed. I have a feeling this may change when level cap goes up and we are introduced with some really badass skills that aren't at the Global CD already. ( yes i know there are already a few at 50, but not enough really)
Skill and Spell Speed are terrible at the moment. You need at least +100 for 1 full second of fast cast, essentially. I hope they fix this soon, lol.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-04 08:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

AnnaMolly said: »

MND for SCH and INT for SMN.
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Skill and Spell Speed are terrible at the moment. You need at least +100 for 1 full second of fast cast, essentially. I hope they fix this soon, lol.
So alternate? Half and half?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-04 08:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's honestly up to you. They share points, unfortunately. I put all mine into SMN as I'm going to play that more often than SCH, and I have WHM. I wouldn't split them, though.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-09-04 09:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's honestly up to you. They share points, unfortunately. I put all mine into SMN as I'm going to play that more often than SCH, and I have WHM. I wouldn't split them, though.

Yeah its one or thr other,or else you're hurting both the jobs
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-04 09:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been putting them into MND, because I want to do SCH, but I don't want to be healer all the time. I think I'll just ride MND and hope by the time I get ACN up, I can get some good INT gear. I'm sure Soul of the Summoner adds quite a bit of INT, too.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22