By Kalila 2013-06-12 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

06-12-2013 02:37 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Geomancer Merits

Hello!

This post is to inform you about the merits for Geomancer.

The current plan is to introduce the following items as "Group 1" and "Group 2" merits.

Regarding the exact values, since adjustments are ongoing, there is a possibility that they may change prior to implementation.

Additionally, as long as we do not run into any major problems, these will be implemented on the test server update which will take place on Friday, June 14.

Geomancer Merits
  • Group 1

• Full Circle Effect
      Restores up to 5% additional MP per merit.
    • Ecliptic Attrition Recast
      Recast is reduced by 10 seconds per merit.
      Also reduces the recast time of Lasting Emanation.
    • Life Cycle Recast
      Recast is reduced by 10 seconds per merit.
    • Blaze of Glory Recast
      Recast is reduced by 20 seconds per merit.
    • Dematerialize Recast

• Group 2

• Job Trait: Cure Recant
      Adds an HP recovery effect to Full Circle.
      Additional merits restore up to 5% additional HP.
    • Job Trait: Prime Zeal
      Enhances Collimated Fervor with an elemental magic casting time reduction effect.
      Additional merits reduce casting time by 10%.
    • Job Ability: Mend Halation
      Recast Time: 5 minutes
      The Luopan will vanish and restore HP to party members within the area of effect.
      Additional merits increase HP recovery by 5% per merit.
    • Job Ability: Radial Arcana
      The Luopan will vanish and restore MP to party members within the area of effect.
      Additional merits increase MP recovery by 3% per merit.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Leviathan.Darkcloudx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Darkcloudx 2013-06-12 14:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh was hoping for a something that enhances indi spells :/
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-06-12 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They all look pretty interesting to me! I guess it'll be a matter to see how beneficial the recasts are, but I was wondering maybe to do Ecliptic and Dematerialize for Group 1.

Group 2 has me a bit lost, maybe Radial Arcana for Mage PT? I don't know, we'll see!

Really nice, thanks for sharing!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Goddamn it, SE, you let me down.

Buuuut...I would go with 5/5 Ecliptic Attrition recast, as well as Dematerialize

5/5 in Cure Recant, 1/5 Prime Zeal, and...4/5 Radial Arcana, assuming you'll be placed with the tank party.
 Shiva.Rammza
Server: Shiva
user: Rammza
By Shiva.Rammza 2013-06-12 15:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

/le sigh....
The first merits category goodish but some of the second ones look iffy. I mean up to 50% fast cast to 1 elemental spell every 5 min, that is gonna be game breaking...

I was hoping to get an ability to place Geo spells on targets. That would have been really useful since battle tends to you know shift and move around at any given moment. Cure recant and Prime Zeal looks like the useless ones of the lot. Does not seem like you need them really.

But Mend Halation and Radial Arcana seem to be like they are going to be useful.

As it stands I would go with
Group 1:
5/5 Ecliptic Attrition/Lasting Emanation Recast and Dematerialize
Group 2:
5/5 Mend Halation and Radial Arcana
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh *** I read that wrong, scratch Cure Recant 5/5 and let's put that in Mend Halation instead
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-12 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/facedesk
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
/facedesk
Yup, SE is letting geo become a dead job in the future once we see the highest content where geo Debuffs are simply not enough

*** typical. This is a cool job, too.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 15:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo is one of the fundamental jobs for delve naakuals, I don't know what you're talking about.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For now. >.>

Until at some point, there's a top-end naakual where Geo-Frailty won't even matter because...c'mon, we've seen everything, and it won't be a surprise to see it'll have some ridiculous DT- effect.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 15:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If an NM had a ridiculous -DT effect I'd argue that defense debuffs would be even more important so you can gank out the little damage you're capable of doing.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-12 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
/facedesk
Yup, SE is letting geo become a dead job in the future once we see the highest content where geo Debuffs are simply not enough

I was expecting something along the lines of spell buffs or loupan buffs. Not crappy gimmicks such as Elemental Cast Reduction, (A. See Cardinal Chant, B) See the *** of Fast Cast gear we already have) or Regen if you dismiss your loupan. Which I already practically never do because either it dies, or I die usually and if the abilities' percentage/effect restored is based on the loupans HP, I don't see the worth.

Loupans get wrecked in content that matters, and while the buffs are nice, the ranges are short. (6.3' and 7'). That's another thing, if it's already so similar to Bard, why not give us the option to boost certain spells via merits? 1% shouldn't be that game breaking for some of those spells. Just looked at the RUN merits and while some had potential, I feel they fall short of making the job useful. They really need to push out the AF for these two jobs already.

Also!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
If an NM had a ridiculous -DT effect I'd argue that defense debuffs would be even more important so you can gank out the little damage you're capable of doing.
obviously i sound like i'm exaggerating, but if it would end up doing up to 1% def down, would that still be worth bringing a geomancer for?

I'm saying that Geomancer shouldn't just be doing debuffs, and I was hoping that it would have been able to give out buffs in better ways than it could do now- and right now it's limited to just Geo-Frailty, Geo-Torpor, and Indi-Refresh, right?

My pessimistic side is in full force because Geomancer's enhancing options weren't expanded to keep it from being a dead job like RUN is.

/facedesk

I was expecting something along the lines of spell buffs or loupan buffs. Not crappy gimmicks such as Elemental Cast Reduction, (A. See Cardinal Chant, B) See the *** of Fast Cast gear we already have) or Regen if you dismiss your loupan. Which I already practically never do because either it dies, or I die usually and if the abilities' percentage/effect restored is based on the loupans HP, I don't see the worth.

Loupans get wrecked in content that matters, and while the buffs are nice, the ranges are short. (6.3' and 7'). That's another thing, if it's already so similar to Bard, why not give us the option to boost certain spells via merits? 1% shouldn't be that game breaking for some of those spells. Just looked at the RUN merits and while some had potential, I feel they fall short of making the job useful. They really need to push out the AF for these two jobs already.

Also!

See, this is the stuff i'm talking about, and I'm not the only one thinking this way either
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 15:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you just don't know what you're talking about. Geo is far from being a dead job, it only has limited application in lowman content, but it's a very good job that is only waiting on gear with skill+.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know very well what I'm talking about, I know it's an awesome defense/evasion debuffer as well as an awesome mage party buffer, but what about buffs for melee jobs or tank jobs? where is the buffing prowess geomancer could provide to them? BRD and COR get all the power in that, why not GEO?

That's all I ask!
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-12 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think you just don't know what you're talking about. Geo is far from being a dead job, it only has limited application in lowman content, but it's a very good job that is only waiting on gear with skill+.
I agree, we'll probably seem more gimmicks down the road, but that won't make the job useless. We're basically still in a sort of "proc" system, except now it's not the typical things we've been used to of "use x weaponskill to exploit weakness." Now, there's extra incentive other than just terror, such as dealing more damage, or monster won't use x move, etc.
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-12 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/facedesk

Also!

I'd imagine they are saving the aura range/spell buffs for new bells. These merits are lackluster at most. A JA to plant a geo on a mob/player would have been nice, though.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-12 16:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So you want geo to compete with brd and cor buff for melee on top of being the best mage buffer and the best debuffer atm?
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-12 16:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Genesi said: »
I'd imagine they are saving the aura range/spell buffs for new bells. These merits are lackluster at most. A JA to plant a geo on a mob/player would have been nice, though.
Yeah, I suppose the handbell bit is reasonable. But yeah, I find it annoying that whenever you drop a Loupan on a mob, it always seems to be in range of their frontal/conal attacks and I wish I had more control to drop the loupan where ever I pleased.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
So you want geo to compete with brd and cor buff for melee on top of being the best mage buffer and the best debuffer atm?
Honestly? I don't see this to be a problem, since BRDs and CORs usually come far and few, knowing that they're the best buffers already. It's having options is what the big picture is. Yes, nothing will replace a BRD, but fill in for an absent COR? I think that's pretty reasonable, no?

On one hand I feel like I'm asking for too much, and the other hand I still think what geo has right now is not enough.
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-12 16:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

On boss mobs (extended alliance fights) they pretty much are the most efficient melee "buffer" job available. A lone GEO's Defense Down/Evasion Down to a mob is about as equivalent as Attack Up/Acc Up is to a player but affects the entire alliance and can be reapplied to the entire alliance almost instantly. Whereas if you wanted the same effects from a lone BRD/COR you'd have to constantly bounce around from party to party reapplying songs/rolls as needed.

Granted they are technically called "debuffs"...a debuff is just another way to "buff" a players output.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-12 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

brd/cor should be rotating for boss at the very least. And are you calling angon/dia II buff too?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 17:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said- options

Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-12 18:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No job is likely ever going to replace a bard. Why demand more when GEO is currently a necessity for the most current content?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 18:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No job is likely ever going to replace a bard. Why demand more when GEO is currently a necessity for the most current content?
I'd just like to see some versatility in it when it comes to low-man, really. The Merits did not do this for the job, so we have to wait for some external adjustments or some extreme requirement like getting its Mythic Weapon (and the latter makes my pockets faint with grief)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-12 18:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said- options

Just wanna point out you blurred out Tazer's name on the left side, but not the right!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 19:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Like I said- options

Just wanna point out you blurred out Tazer's name on the left side, but not the right!
well ***, lol!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-12 20:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancer group 2 is like the Wii Fit Trainer of FFXI Merits.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-06-12 20:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Darkcloudx said: »
/sigh was hoping for a something that enhances indi spells :/
There is still hope for that in the artifact attire.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-12 20:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Job Ability: Mend Halation
The Luopan will vanish and restore HP to party members within the area of effect.
Additional merits increase HP recovery by 5% per merit.
Job Ability: Radial Arcana
The Luopan will vanish and restore MP to party members within the area of effect.
Additional merits increase MP recovery by 3% per merit.

Martyr and Devotion make a comeback...and get to be the only things you want to 5/5!

Quote:
Dematerialize Recast
And the only thing that i can think of is a MUST 5/5 :<

Not exactly pleased with the merits...but meh, merits are hit and miss for all the jobs.
First Page 2 3