Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » [Dev] Geomancer: Merits
[Dev] Geomancer: Merits
 Carbuncle.Abasis
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Abasis
By Carbuncle.Abasis 2013-08-23 20:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth going 8/8 geomancy skill atm with new gear out that enhances geomancy skill?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-23 20:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on how much this is worth it to you
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-08-26 02:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the general consensus on group #1 and group #2 merits?
By Heimdel 2013-09-09 22:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

No answer to this question i guess.. None jump out to me as something obviously usfull in how the job is played.
 Phoenix.Zadimortis
Server: Phoenix
user: Terranova
By Phoenix.Zadimortis 2013-09-10 01:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

For Tier 1, I'd recommend 5/5 Full Circle effect, and then whatever else you want for that category. It's an effective 50% increase in MP return when you use Full Circle, and really the only must-have in that category in my opinion.

For Tier 2, I personally went 5/5 Radial Arcana and 5/5 Curative Recantation. The heal from Curative Recantation is weirdly strong and really quite useful. Radial Arcana is a personal choice; I was never able to find a use for Mending Halation, as in group events (really the only place you'll find Geomancer) healing HP is far easier than healing MP. But I know of people who love Mending Halation and split it with Radial Arcana, so it's up to you there I guess. And obviously Primordial Zeal just isn't worth the points.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-10 02:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For group one I did:
4/5 Full Circle
3/5 Lasting Emanation (it also covers Eclipse attrition)
3/5 Life Cycle

If played well you can Life Cycle the same Luopan twice this way; useful for the very expensive ones. And meritting the full circle effect is simply awesome; you get a LOT of MP back.

For group two I did:
5/5 Mending Hallation
4/5 Radial Arcana
1/5 Curative Recantation

Not saying this is the best way to spend your merits, but getting both of those JA's helps a lot when you're solo-ing or support a lot as Geomancer (which is it's intending role in a party). Having curative recantation is a neat way to heal some hp whenever you dispel a luopan.