By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-31 16:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

05-30-2013 01:13 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Geomancer Adjustments

Greetings geomancers!

To get a little more specific and build on what Okipuit mentioned previously, in the next version update we will be performing the below adjustments to geomancer in addition to adding a merit point category.

• Shortening of the casting time for geomancy spells (indi and geo)

• Addition of the job trait “Clear Mind”

• Addition of the job trait “Max MP Boost”

• Adjustment to the level in which the “Conserve MP” job trait is learned

• Addition of the spells “Sleep” and “Sleep II”
    *To go along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II enfeebling skill will also be added.

Subscribe

05-31-2013 01:21 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hey Geomancers!

Just as another tiny bit of information related to the upcoming geomancer adjustments; the enfeebling magic skill that will be added to geomancer will be the same rank as that of a black mage.

Also, the recast timer reductions for abilities that affect luopons will be located in the group 1 merit point category.
Subscribe

Also, a side note from a previous thread from today:

05-31-2013 04:34 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1148] Geomancy Special Effects Adjustments

• The visual effects of Indicollure geomancy spells will be adjusted to be less visible.

• Pre-adjustment

• Post-adjustment

Test Server Only
The effect changes will only be implemented for the following geomancy spells:

    Indi-VIT / Indi-DEX / Indi-STR
Subscribe

Other Updates Today:

Yesterday:

06-07-2013 04:28 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer

• Indicolure
      SpellsCasting time will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.

• Geocolure Spells

• Casting time will be reduced from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Recast time will be reduced from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.

• Traits

• The levels at which “Conserve MP” is learned will be changed from 10/30/50/70/90 to 10/25/40/55/70/85/99.
    • The below job traits will be learnable by geomancers:
      The level displayed in the “Level Learned” column is the level at which the job trait is first learned. The effect will increase in stages as higher levels are reached.

Trait Level Learned
      Clear Mind 20
      Max MP Boost 30

• Spell Additions

• The below spells will be learnable by geomancers.

Magic Level Learned
      Sleep 30
      Sleep II 70
      *Along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II, the enfeebling magic skill will also be added to geomancers.

Subscribe

06-07-2013 04:28 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer

• Indicolure
      SpellsCasting time will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.

• Geocolure Spells

• Casting time will be reduced from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Recast time will be reduced from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.

• Traits

• The levels at which “Conserve MP” is learned will be changed from 10/30/50/70/90 to 10/25/40/55/70/85/99.
    • The below job traits will be learnable by geomancers:
      The level displayed in the “Level Learned” column is the level at which the job trait is first learned. The effect will increase in stages as higher levels are reached.

Trait Level Learned
      Clear Mind 20
      Max MP Boost 30

• Spell Additions

• The below spells will be learnable by geomancers.

Magic Level Learned
      Sleep 30
      Sleep II 70
      *Along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II, the enfeebling magic skill will also be added to geomancers.

• Geomancer has been added to the Categories under Merit Points.

• Group 1
      • Full Circle Effect
        Increase the amount of MP returned by 5 percent.

• Ecliptic Attrition Recast
        Shorten recast time of Ecliptic Attrition and Lasting Emanation by 10 seconds.

• Life Cycle Recast
        Shorten recast time by 10 seconds.

• Blaze of Glory Recast
        Shorten recast time by 20 seconds.

• Dematerialize Recast
        Shorten recast time by 20 seconds.

• Group 2
      • Mending Halation
        Causes your luopan to vanish and restores HP of party members within area of effect.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase amount of HP restored by 5 percent.

• Radial Arcana
        Causes your luopan to vanish and restores MP of party members within area of effect.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase amount of HP restored by 3 percent.

• Curative Recantation
        Grantsa healing effect to Full Circle.
        Increase amount of HP healed by 5 percent.

• Primodial Zeal
        Shortens casting times of elemental magic spells while under the effects of Collimated Fervor.
        Shorten cast time by 10 percent.

Subscribe

06-17-2013 02:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings,

I have some responses for feedback we have been seeing thus far regarding geomancer merits.

• Life Cycle Recast
    We will be changing this so that each merit level reduces the recast time by 20 seconds.

• Blaze of Glory / Ecliptic Attrition
    We understand that many of you would like to be able to have these effects active for an even longer time. However, we do not have plans to make it so you can maintain these effects forever, similar to how it is not possible for bards to have Marcato on forever.

We'd like you to consider how to keep your luopan alive and when to ramp up the luopan's potency in order to achieve a longer effect.

• Full Circle
    We've been seeing a lot of mixed feedback about the effects of Full Circle, both stating that the boons from meriting this are large, while others state it is not that much.

We would like you all to decide to whether to maintain or get rid of your luopans based on the situation you find yourself in. For example, at the beginning of battles when you have a lot of MP, you can use abilities that increase the potency of luopans, and when you feel that your MP is getting low, you can use abilities that focus on keeping your luopan alive.

Also, starting with the artifact equipment that will be added in the next version update as well as other new equipment that will be added moving forward, these will have both geomancy and handbell skill enhancements which will push the potency of geomancy even higher.
Subscribe

06-17-2013 04:14 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Follow-up Frenzy

Geomancer

[[Quoted post talking about Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attrition, and how it's easy to use both of them on one spell only to have the Luopan get destroyed immediately by an enemy attack.]]

It is not intended that you should be able to maintain the boosted state of the effect for a long time. That said, the effects will grow in power in the future. On artifact gear which will be added in the next update as well as more equipment in the future, there will be stats which increase geomancy and handbell skills.

[[Quoted post talking about how they've had Geo spell effects dispelled. Not sure if they're talking about the Indi-spell on themselves, or what.]]

Thanks for your report.

This sounds a little strange, and we will have the QA team investigate again. The effects of both Indi- and Geo- spells should be non-dispellable. Once we investigate, I'll inform you of the results.

It may already be too late, but I was really hoping for something in Group 2 merits for Geomancer which could improve the potency of Indi- spells.

As far as I know, Bolster is the only way to boost the effects of Indicolure spells, with nothing else like the abilities that enhance Geo- spells. I was wondering if you could add something like this (or maybe an AF effect?) that enhances Indi- spells.

There are no plans to strengthen the effect of Indi-spells through abilities or otherwise, as this was considered as part of the basic performance of the job.

There will be other elements, such as equipment, which increase the effect value and duration. For example, in the next update, the added artifact armor will increase geomancy and handbell skills (the magnitude of the effect of all geomancy magic is dependent on these skills).

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-31 17:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Need moar bells.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 17:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Need moar bells.

You really don't think that'll be in the same update as the AF? Or did I just get whooshed?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-31 17:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I may actually have to level GEO...
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-31 17:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Need moar bells.

You really don't think that'll be in the same update as the AF? Or did I just get whooshed?

Likely, but it seems silly that we didnt get multiple bell options from the beginning... We're well overdue.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 17:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Need moar bells.

Likely, but it seems silly that we didnt get multiple bell options from the beginning... We're well overdue.

They probably needed time to see what rolls geo fit and if they were popular? idk. Maybe like brd have different spells for the different geo categories of buff/debuffs? idk man. I wouldn't say "long overdue" as the expansion really hasn't been out long at all. They need to collect player data before adjusting a job. Just look at all the time it took them to put tanking bonuses on ninja after it was implemented as a "DD" job, the players made it a tank. AF3 saw bonuses to the tanking side of things. They need to observe how the player base uses a job before they make the staple sets.
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-31 17:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Need moar bells.

They probably needed time to see what rolls geo fit and if they were popular? idk. Maybe like brd have different spells for the different geo categories of buff/debuffs? idk man. I wouldn't say "long overdue" as the expansion really hasn't been out long at all. They need to collect player data before adjusting a job. Just look at all the time it took them to put tanking bonuses on ninja after it was implemented as a "DD" job, the players made it a tank. AF3 saw bonuses to the tanking side of things. They need to observe how the player base uses a job before they make the staple sets.
While I agree, it couldn't have hurt to have a few Indi +1 or something bells. That wouldn't need player data, not like we can invent a different spell line.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-31 17:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They said GEO would only need to carry one bell instead of multiple situational bells so they are probably hesitant in order to gather data on what the job needs the most.

I would rather wait two updates for something implemented harmoniously with player needs and preferences than get a quick botched implementation akin to years and years of mage gear onry for PUP.

Have some patience, GEO is already an immensely powerful job on release (admittedly this is probably through dumb luck and not careful design) and it has no real solo ability so it probably won't see the wrath of the Wheel-O-Balance.

Admittedly, however, GEO is going to see a bit of difficulty finding its way into low-man groups as the job is designed to be synergistic instead of autonomous. But, Corsair is similar in that regard and things worked out okay for it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2013-05-31 18:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Need moar bells.

Sorry, it had to be said.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-05-31 18:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a fever... and the only prescription is more cowbell.
[+]
 Siren.Taruina
Server: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2013-05-31 18:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who only saw their gear?

AF2~?
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2013-05-31 18:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear looks like Delve stuff. AF2 is a reskin of AF1 and I don't see a giant UFO hat in those pics.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-31 18:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest though I cannot wait for all of the hilarious melee stats on GEO AF1/2/3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-31 18:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be Delve's Ormail body and what appears to be the Xux hat
 Siren.Taruina
By Siren.Taruina 2013-05-31 18:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

~bless club skill~

*Edit* whoops bokwus robe
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-05-31 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i think it would be better if we had the option to just turn off GEO's annoying graphics from their spells in the menu's.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-31 18:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's only going to get better from here.

[+]
 Siren.Taruina
By Siren.Taruina 2013-05-31 18:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All I am expecting is the bastardization of buffs knows as "Adloquium".
By Enuyasha 2013-05-31 18:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Taruina said: »
except with moare 3 regain/tic at capped skill!!
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-05-31 18:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion Geomancer didn't need Enfeebling magic. It already has a ton of enfeebles through Geomancy. The addition of Sleep and Sleep II are a welcome sight but I would rather have seen a new variation of sleep depending on bell/geomancy skill much like how Bard has one.
Everything else they are tweaking seems like a good change though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 18:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
In my opinion Geomancer didn't need Enfeebling magic. It already has a ton of enfeebles through Geomancy. The addition of Sleep and Sleep II are a welcome sight but I would rather have seen a new variation of sleep depending on bell/geomancy skill much like how Bard has one.

That would mean an unresistable sleep that is endless in duration as long as they are in the area of effect range, as that's how geo debuffs work. That would be completely broken and unbalanced.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-05-31 18:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

That would mean an unresistable sleep that is endless in duration as long as they are in the area of effect range, as that's how geo debuffs work. That would be completely broken and unbalanced.

I don't mean an Indi-Sleep or Geo-Sleep. Why can't Geomancer have more unique black magic like the -ra spells? What about Sleepra?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 18:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That would call for enfeebling skill too though, so why code in a new spell line that would literally be no different from what is already in the game, other than the range of the AoE?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-05-31 18:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least that way Theurgic Focus has another use to enhance Sleepra but reduce it's range (more potent sleep on a single target that way). I'm probably asking for too much but I think they could expand on this JA more that way.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 18:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Theurgic Focus only works for elemental magic. Sleeps are enfeebling. Not really seeing where you're going with this. If they added a sleep-ra by some odd chance, it would more than likely check the enfeebling skill, no?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-05-31 18:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm I was under the impression Theurgic Focus only worked on -ra magic, since the JA doesn't deactivate when I use a single target nuke with it. Well, if they do add enfeebling magic maybe some day in the future Geomancer will get a few unique enfeebling spells although it's probably unlikely :/
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-31 18:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It might only work on -ra, but the description on the BG wiki says +50MAB for the effect and the description says "elemental magic", not quite specifically -ra. I'm leveling my Geo now, during this double exp weekend.
By Enuyasha 2013-05-31 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It might only work on -ra, but the description on the BG wiki says +50MAB for the effect and the description says "elemental magic", not quite specifically -ra. I'm leveling my Geo now, during this double exp weekend.
it works for elemental -gas as well :< its specifically made for -ra spells though.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-31 18:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention it's very troublesome to play a mage job without some form of crowd control anyways, and /SCH Manifestation took out so much from your available strategems as is x_x

I would've loved to see Sleepra also, but i'll take what I can get at this moment. :p

Enuyasha said: »
Siren.Taruina said: »
except with moare 3 regain/tic at capped skill!!
COR gets the same amount of regain, yeah? 4 at 11-roll, of course, so I bet with 400+ Geo/Hand, for example, it'll be 4/tic. Pretty decent, imo.

Believe me, I too will rage if they *** up regain twice lol
[+]
First Page 2 3