users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » [dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer
[dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-31 19:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

COR kept potent regain because it can only put up two buffs with unreliableish potency so Regain is competing with more powerful effects. Aside from Wild Card, Random Deal, and the enfeebling enhancement of Quick Draw COR's party support ends there. SCH heals, buffs, debuffs, turns the tide in pivotal fights and renders many enemies completely vulnerable for extended periods on top of being a capable nuker.

There is no tradeoff for using Adloquium, hence its neutered effects.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-31 20:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
COR kept potent regain because it can only put up two buffs with unreliableish potency so Regain is competing with more powerful effects. Aside from Wild Card, Random Deal, and the enfeebling enhancement of Quick Draw COR's party support ends there. SCH heals, buffs, debuffs, turns the tide in pivotal fights and renders many enemies completely vulnerable for extended periods on top of being a capable nuker.

There is no tradeoff for using Adloquium, hence its neutered effects.
In terms of sch, yeah, that's what I hope SE isn't seeing about geo now, with adding enfeebling skill to the repetoire. Thankfully geo's enhancing/healing magic are not much to talk about, so I'm putting my bets on geo's Regain being at least on par with cor's.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 20:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo does nt get Regain, nor did they say it would.

SE screwed over sch's and gave us nothing since nerf. Yet they can buff puppet.

All sch needs for regin spell enhancement is an ammo, earring, or back piece armor that adds +1 regain a tic when used. But Se won't ever do it.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-05-31 20:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

OK guy you need to settle down. PUP needed a boost, big time, and SCH doesn't. AOE Phal/Regen/Enspells plus embrava is still really nice, just for shorter fights. PUP had practically nothing before alternator.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-31 20:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

did you seriously just skip the huge picture I posted on the first page

SE usually never announces new spells until the day of the update, with certain exceptions
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 20:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

SE usually never announces new spells until the day of the update, with certain exceptions

Actually I saw it after I posted.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-31 21:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

Actually I saw it after I posted.
And you still think they didn't say geo gets regain from that evidence alone? Explain >.>
By Latifah 2013-05-31 23:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO is getting very powerful from time to time, just like sch, that started with only tier3 nukes and very little white magic spells.

It will be a very requested job i guess.
By Enuyasha 2013-05-31 23:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
OK guy you need to settle down. PUP needed a boost, big time, and SCH doesn't. AOE Phal/Regen/Enspells plus embrava is still really nice, just for shorter fights. PUP had practically nothing before alternator.
One should be Casting Embrava at least 2 times before tab wears. Along with 1 Kaustra :< Cause Kaustra is still *** broken holy god ***spawned from the mating of Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue and then bred with the blood of Provenance Watcher and a segment of Botulus Rex's inner thigh cankle!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-06-01 05:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

These are such exciting news! Might make me want to finally cap out those skills! (already have 30 merits saved, looking forward to GEO merits as well)
By Chyula 2013-06-01 05:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have an indi-sleep or geo-sleep.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
Server: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-06-01 13:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like Geomancers should really have Magic Defense Bonus and auto refresh trait.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-01 13:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So they'll get fencer. /SElogic
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-01 13:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD got fencer so I can totally see them giving it to GEO.
By Latifah 2013-06-01 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

they might get dispel,bind as well since they are making it similar to blm
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-01 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
they might get dispel,bind as well since they are making it similar to blm
with /RDM and /SCH being popular subs for GEO, it'll get dispel from both subs but not bind. I was hoping for Bind too honestly, but like I said, I'm happy with what we're getting as is.
By lugado 2013-06-01 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

indi and geo sleep are not likely going to happen as it would constantly be sleeping a mob meaning you could I don't know say dot it, engage it keep hitting it and pretty much tank inside the circle and watch it stay perma-stunned in a matter of speaking
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-01 15:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lugado said: »
indi and geo sleep are not likely going to happen as it would constantly be sleeping a mob meaning you could I don't know say dot it, engage it keep hitting it and pretty much tank inside the circle and watch it stay perma-stunned in a matter of speaking
I just thought it wouldn't make sense, but looking at it in that perspective, yeeaaaah that would call for a nerf
 Cerberus.Zyph
Server: Cerberus
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-06-02 04:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Addition of the spells “Sleep” and “Sleep II”
*To go along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II enfeebling skill will also be added.

YES!
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-02 05:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not good enough. I demand Indi-MightyStrikes and Geo-Resolution.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-02 05:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Indi-Terror and Geo-Pchan
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-02 06:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo-pchan causes all jobs apart from mnk to deal 0 damage give no other benefits.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-06-02 08:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Indi-rage: cause all jobs within circle to rage and increase all stats to its max value.
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-02 18:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They should give GEO Sleepga and Sleepga II to go along with the AoE nature of the job... I don't see why those spells absolutely must be tied to BLM onry forever. They'd go well with GEO's -ra spells. I mean like, if a GEO is trying to hit multiple targets, which happen to be in a circle around him due to how -ra nukes work, what then? Sleep one of them, and wait to die? /SCH manifestation doesn't really cut it. Natively getting sleepga would make sense and it's not like it would be broken or anything
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-02 18:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster said: »
They should give GEO Sleepga and Sleepga II to go along with the AoE nature of the job... I don't see why those spells absolutely must be tied to BLM onry forever. They'd go well with GEO's -ra spells. I mean like, if a GEO is trying to hit multiple targets, which happen to be in a circle around him due to how -ra nukes work, what then? Sleep one of them, and wait to die? /SCH manifestation doesn't really cut it. Natively getting sleepga would make sense and it's not like it would be broken or anything
/BLM, go.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-02 18:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stunra would have been cuter than the sleepra everyone wants imo!
[+]
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-02 21:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Puppetmaster said: »
/BLM, go.

Yeah, /BLM go and enjoy your 0 survivability without aquaveil/stoneskin/cure/etc.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-03 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That escalated quickly still I just want my more than 1 mfing a tic regain!!!!!
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-05 11:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand what the deal with adding Max MP Boost is. They did that with, SCH, too. I mean it's like... "Oh, you're having MP problems? Here, have 10 extra MP!" Like, I don't get it. If they think GEO's base MP rank isn't high enough, why not change their base MP rank? What is their rank currently, tied with WHM? (SCH is tied with RDM) Why not just give them BLM's MP rank? Or hell, even SMN's MP rank since they pretty much "summon" luopons which need to be reapplied constantly and whatnot. I don't see how adding 10 MP even makes sense. And it's negated anyway when subbing SCH, as SCH gets it at level 30.