New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » [dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer
[dev1150] Job Adjustments: Geomancer
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-05 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster said: »
I don't understand what the deal with adding Max MP Boost is. They did that with, SCH, too. I mean it's like... "Oh, you're having MP problems? Here, have 10 extra MP!" Like, I don't get it. If they think GEO's base MP rank isn't high enough, why not change their base MP rank? What is their rank currently, tied with WHM? (SCH is tied with RDM) Why not just give them BLM's MP rank? Or hell, even SMN's MP rank since they pretty much "summon" luopons which need to be reapplied constantly and whatnot. I don't see how adding 10 MP even makes sense. And it's negated anyway when subbing SCH, as SCH gets it at level 30.

I know they didn't say if it was only going to be only Tier 1 or any higher than that, but considering the nature of the job, and now that they're cutting MP costs for some Geomancy, I highly doubt they're just going to get only Tier 1. I'd aim somewhere around 4-5 by 99.

Maybe I'm just being too hopeful, but I'd rather see how much they get out of Max MP Boost instead of jumping to conclusions
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-05 15:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt they'd give Max MP Boost 5 or 6, as those are summoner exclusive currently and you know how SE likes their 'balance'. Even SCH only gets Max MP Boost II, which is a measily MP+20
By Latifah 2013-06-05 15:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i find strange that geo doesn't have any magic atk bonus trait, since it's a kind of blm but with support abilities
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-05 21:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster said: »
I highly doubt they'd give Max MP Boost 5 or 6, as those are summoner exclusive currently and you know how SE likes their 'balance'. Even SCH only gets Max MP Boost II, which is a measily MP+20

Which is why I'm also counting on GEO getting Tier 4 at the most.

Latifah said: »
i find strange that geo doesn't have any magic atk bonus trait, since it's a kind of blm but with support abilities
Neither does SCH, but look how well it can do regardless

For geo so far there's only Theurgic Focus (MAB+50 every 5 mins), and Collimated Fervor to work with, now if only geo got T5 nukes
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-06 17:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

PFFFFFT HOW THE EFF DID I FORGET INDI-ACUMEN (currently cap at MAB+32) oh right 'cause I don't find much room to cast it anyway which is more reason why we should get an ability to have Indi-spells cast on party members

also shameless bump
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-06 18:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also Cardinal Chant, which unlike native MAB forms, stacks on top of MAB you get from your subjob.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-06 18:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Latifah said: »
I find strange that geo doesn't have any magic atk bonus trait, since it's a kind of blm but with support abilities
Neither does SCH, but look how well it can do regardless

For geo so far there's only Theurgic Focus (MAB+50 every 5 mins), and Collimated Fervor to work with, now if only geo got T5 nukes

If you nuke as SCH/WHM without Ebullience you'll notice the lack of a magic attack bonus trait a lot more, but since /WHM isn't even a sub for SCH everyone subs /RDM or /BLM and you at least get MAB II.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 08:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Indicolure Spells
Casting time will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
Geocolure Spells
Casting time will be reduced from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
Recast time will be reduced from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.
Traits
The levels at which “Conserve MP” is learned will be changed from 10/30/50/70/90 to 10/25/40/55/70/85/99.
The below job traits will be learnable by geomancers:
The level displayed in the “Level Learned” column is the level at which the job trait is first learned. The effect will increase in stages as higher levels are reached.
Trait Level Learned
Clear Mind 20
Max MP Boost 30
Spell Additions
The below spells will be learnable by geomancers.
Magic Level Learned
Sleep 30
Sleep II 70
*Along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II, the enfeebling magic skill will also be added to geomancers.
-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1150] tag.

It's just getting better...
By Enuyasha 2013-06-07 08:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
PFFFFFT HOW THE EFF DID I FORGET INDI-ACUMEN (currently cap at MAB+32) oh right 'cause I don't find much room to cast it anyway which is more reason why we should get an ability to have Indi-spells cast on party members

also shameless bump
I believe the theory behind why you cant cast indi- spells on other people is sound. we arent getting a feng shui BRD type job, but a feng shui position relevant BRD.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-07 09:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how there are all of these intermediate Conserve MP upgrades that we'd never notice because no one wants to test stupid stuff at intermediate levels.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-07 10:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

At least we know how much Conserve MP GEO gets in the end now!

Honestly didn't expect it to be Conserve MP V. Wonder how much VII will change things?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-07 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

06-07-2013 04:28 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

• Indicolure
      SpellsCasting time will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.

• Geocolure Spells

• Casting time will be reduced from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Recast time will be reduced from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.

• Traits

• The levels at which “Conserve MP” is learned will be changed from 10/30/50/70/90 to 10/25/40/55/70/85/99.
    • The below job traits will be learnable by geomancers:
      The level displayed in the “Level Learned” column is the level at which the job trait is first learned. The effect will increase in stages as higher levels are reached.

Trait Level Learned
      Clear Mind 20
      Max MP Boost 30

• Spell Additions

• The below spells will be learnable by geomancers.

Magic Level Learned
      Sleep 30
      Sleep II 70
      *Along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II, the enfeebling magic skill will also be added to geomancers.

Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-07 14:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

AWESOME! Thanks for posting that. I'm so happy that the casting and recast times are being fixed.

Now, how about our Luopon? I'd like to be able to place them wherever I please. Oh, an ability or merit to increase range of our Geo- and Indi- spell effects.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-07 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
AWESOME! Thanks for posting that. I'm so happy that the casting and recast times are being fixed.

Now, how about our Luopon? I'd like to be able to place them wherever I please. Oh, an ability or merit to increase range of our Geo- and Indi- spell effects.

place it wherever? You kind of can as it is can't you? Just center it on a mob or you then walk away. I'm sure range will be merited but the first thing you asked for doesn't make sense to me.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My dream is the loupan follows the mob. Mobs just move to damn much at times and if you have to kite ><;;.......
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-06-12 06:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
place it wherever? You kind of can as it is can't you? Just center it on a mob or you then walk away. I'm sure range will be merited but the first thing you asked for doesn't make sense to me.

Kinda. For offensive/debuffing Geo- spells, the only valid target is an enemy. So say you have two enemies kinda spaced out, and the Loupon dropped in between them would hit both, well, gl on getting your party to move those mobs. :( As it is now, your choice would be to choose one of the mobs and toss it on, hoping the other people weren't mindlessly killing and move the mob into the bubble.

Wish that Geo- spells, regardless of offensive, defensive, buffing, or debuffing, could be cast on any target, then provide its effects to the surrounding party members or mobs, not have to be cast on certain ones.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-14 09:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

06-07-2013 04:28 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

• Indicolure
      SpellsCasting time will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.

• Geocolure Spells

• Casting time will be reduced from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Recast time will be reduced from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.

• Traits

• The levels at which “Conserve MP” is learned will be changed from 10/30/50/70/90 to 10/25/40/55/70/85/99.
    • The below job traits will be learnable by geomancers:

Trait Level Learned
      Clear Mind 20
      Max MP Boost 30

• Spell Additions

• The below spells will be learnable by geomancers.

Magic Level Learned
      Sleep 30
      Sleep II 70

• Geomancer has been added to the Categories under Merit Points.

• Group 1
      • Full Circle Effect
        Increase the amount of MP returned by 5 percent.

• Ecliptic Attrition Recast
        Shorten recast time of Ecliptic Attrition and Lasting Emanation by 10 seconds.

• Life Cycle Recast
        Shorten recast time by 10 seconds.

• Blaze of Glory Recast
        Shorten recast time by 20 seconds.

• Dematerialize Recast
        Shorten recast time by 20 seconds.

• Group 2
      • Mending Halation
        Causes your luopan to vanish and restores HP of party members within area of effect.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase amount of HP restored by 5 percent.

• Radial Arcana
        Causes your luopan to vanish and restores MP of party members within area of effect.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase amount of HP restored by 3 percent.

• Curative Recantation
        Grantsa healing effect to Full Circle.
        Increase amount of HP healed by 5 percent.

• Primodial Zeal
        Shortens casting times of elemental magic spells while under the effects of Collimated Fervor.
        Shorten cast time by 10 percent.

Subscribe

Other Updates:
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-14 21:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO and RUN merits feel really uninspired to me but GEO seems to have gotten the better deal.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-17 17:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

06-17-2013 02:00 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: GEO Merit Follow-ups

The Life Cycle recast is 10 minutes and the merits were stated to only reduce recast by 10 seconds. Is there any reason this isn't consistent with other merits which reduce recast time?

In the test server update on June 14, the values you stated were those that were initially implemented, but this will be changed to the correct value of 20 seconds reduction per merit.Is there any reason that the reuse time on Life Cycle is so long? Compared to other pet HP recovery abilities:

BST: 90 seconds
DRG: 90 seconds
PUP: 180 seconds

There's been precedent with these other abilities for 90~180 seconds recast time. It would be much better if the recast timer was reduced to this range and the merit was changed to recover additional HP with each merit.

[[Other suggestions about improving Ecliptic Attrition/Lasting Emanation and Blaze of Glory.]]

Thanks for your feedback.

For the effects of Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attrition, you may find that you want to use them more frequently. However, similar to the effect of Marcato for Bard, these cannot be maintained at all times, and this is intentional by design, so there is no plan to adjust this at the moment. The merits will allow to use them to obtain the effects a bit more often.

Regarding the recast timer of Life Cycle, it will be updated to -20 seconds per merit so it can also be taken advantage of more often.For the group 2 job trait Curative Recantation, I think the HP recovery amount should be evaluated. If the recovery amount is determined based on the Luopan's remaining HP, it may be an ability best used for soloing. It's possible to convert the Luopan to 25% of the Luopan's HP recovered at 5 merits.

With the recast of Full Circle being 10 seconds, Geomancers can recover their own HP without relying on cure spells.

These effects are still being adjusted and may be changed. For Curative Recantation, it does recover HP based on the Luopan's maximum HP.

[[Quote 1:]] Instead of leaving Luopans in place until their HP runs out, they can be placed to match the enemy behavior. This may help alleviate some of the MP consumption issues.

[[Quote 2:]] Even with the merit point taken into account, the MP consumption by GEO spells is still very high.

There were different opinions on the benefits of the Full Circle effect enhancement from different people. Thank you for both of your opinions.

Deciding whether to maintain or sacrifice the Luopan can be a decision made based on the circumstance. For example, when you have a lot of MP, you could try to increase the effectiveness of the Luopan, and when your MP is lower, you may prefer to use abilities to maintain the Luopan. Please consider a variety of situations.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

06-17-2013 02:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings,

I have some responses for feedback we have been seeing thus far regarding geomancer merits.

• Life Cycle Recast
    We will be changing this so that each merit level reduces the recast time by 20 seconds.

• Blaze of Glory / Ecliptic Attrition
    We understand that many of you would like to be able to have these effects active for an even longer time. However, we do not have plans to make it so you can maintain these effects forever, similar to how it is not possible for bards to have Marcato on forever.

We'd like you to consider how to keep your luopan alive and when to ramp up the luopan's potency in order to achieve a longer effect.

• Full Circle
    We've been seeing a lot of mixed feedback about the effects of Full Circle, both stating that the boons from meriting this are large, while others state it is not that much.

We would like you all to decide to whether to maintain or get rid of your luopans based on the situation you find yourself in. For example, at the beginning of battles when you have a lot of MP, you can use abilities that increase the potency of luopans, and when you feel that your MP is getting low, you can use abilities that focus on keeping your luopan alive.

Also, starting with the artifact equipment that will be added in the next version update as well as other new equipment that will be added moving forward, these will have both geomancy and handbell skill enhancements which will push the potency of geomancy even higher.
Subscribe
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-17 17:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

06-17-2013 04:14 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Follow-up Frenzy

Geomancer

[[Quoted post talking about Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attrition, and how it's easy to use both of them on one spell only to have the Luopan get destroyed immediately by an enemy attack.]]

It is not intended that you should be able to maintain the boosted state of the effect for a long time. That said, the effects will grow in power in the future. On artifact gear which will be added in the next update as well as more equipment in the future, there will be stats which increase geomancy and handbell skills.

[[Quoted post talking about how they've had Geo spell effects dispelled. Not sure if they're talking about the Indi-spell on themselves, or what.]]

Thanks for your report.

This sounds a little strange, and we will have the QA team investigate again. The effects of both Indi- and Geo- spells should be non-dispellable. Once we investigate, I'll inform you of the results.

It may already be too late, but I was really hoping for something in Group 2 merits for Geomancer which could improve the potency of Indi- spells.

As far as I know, Bolster is the only way to boost the effects of Indicolure spells, with nothing else like the abilities that enhance Geo- spells. I was wondering if you could add something like this (or maybe an AF effect?) that enhances Indi- spells.

There are no plans to strengthen the effect of Indi-spells through abilities or otherwise, as this was considered as part of the basic performance of the job.

There will be other elements, such as equipment, which increase the effect value and duration. For example, in the next update, the added artifact armor will increase geomancy and handbell skills (the magnitude of the effect of all geomancy magic is dependent on these skills).

Subscribe
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-17 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"We'd like you to consider how to keep your luopan alive..." Really? <_<
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-20 14:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

06-18-2013 09:43 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: More Follow-ups

In the description for the job trait "Inspiration," you used the term "magic casting speed reduction." I don't think it was intentional to call it "speed reduction," so did you mean magic casting speed increase or magic cast time reduction?

Sorry about that! I intended to reply to this yesterday but I missed it. Thanks for your report! The descriptive text that was input at the time we added the content to the test server was confusing. We will make update the description to the traditional notation; the effect of inspiration is the same as Fast Cast.

Talking about Dispelling the Luopan, were you talking about the geomancy effect on players or effects like Dematerialize applied to the Luopan which can be removed by dispelling abilities?

I checked with the QA team, but we could not confirm the phenomena that you are reporting. If Dematerialize could be dispelled, that's essentially synonymous with saying that Dematerialize can be absorbed. If it could be absorbed then monsters would become temporarily invulnerable to damage, so it is not intended that this effect can be dispelled or absorbed.

About Dematerialize on the Luopan - the eft in Morimar Delve can remove Dematerialize with Geist Wall. I believe this is the specification as designed, but I wonder if this is even a bug? Should we submit a bug report? Effects like Lasting Emanation don't get dispelled.

Hmm....

Thank you for your report. I will relay your information to the QA team once again. We may need a bit more detailed information so thank you for your cooperation.

Subscribe
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-20 14:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

06-19-2013 12:17 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Random Follow-ups

We were able to confirm this issue and are preparing a fix.

I'm sorry about the miscommunication. There was a discrepancy between the information I was receiving from the QA team yesterday and we did not mean to arouse any suspicion. Thanks to those of you who sent along the reports.

QA Team

The QA team is the team responsible for testing content.

Because you may not hear this term normally, just for reference, QA = Quality Assurance, responsible for testing and verification. The team's goal is to find as many bugs as possible, followed by correction from development, and re-checking by the QA team.

Test Server

• If you receive "Valid Content ID Not Found" message
    In the previous test server update, as reported, all character data was deleted. Any time character data deletion is performed, you will need to once again complete the character transfer from the appropriate forum post. Sorry about the trouble, but thanks for your continued cooperation.

• If your character is renamed
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. When the character deletion is performed, the server is restarted, and this can cause issues with character data. We are performing a correction so that this problem will not occur in the future.

Subscribe
 Shiva.Myyku
Server: Shiva
user: mikuu
By Shiva.Myyku 2013-06-20 14:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep your luopan alive! But here, have tons of blowing up your luopan merits and etc...
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-12 05:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if any of you could help, is there a way to turn off the Geomancy effect? It said that you can do do it via config - effect section but I could not see it listed. Thanks in advance.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-12 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myyku said: »
Keep your luopan alive! But here, have tons of blowing up your luopan merits and etc...

Yeah but the amount of heals or mp you get back from nuking a cheap geo spell is insanely good and with the new cast times you really don't miss much of a beat in emergency situation I love it....