SoA Avatar? Your Wishes And Dreams.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 09:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So with SoA nearly upon us this gives SE the perfect chance to add another avatar with messing up any of the current story since that area is largely unexplored. So all you summoners out there what would you like to be added or would you like SE to come up with another unique avatar for XI.

Guess ill start us off id rather have them add something new and more focused on melee damage and damaging BPs.

Name: Midgardsomr or Landvaettur or Tritoch (a dragon)
Element: Varies depending on the weather at the time off casting.
Job: war
BP:R
Astral flow(tritoch): Tri-disaster
Astral flow(others): Sky Shatter
Lv1 dragons claw. 1hit single target.
Lv19 tail strike. 2hit single target.
Lv50 dragons rage. Magical damage element varies on current element.
Lv70 draconic barrage. 4hit single target.
Lv75 draconian meteor. Magical damage element varies.

BP:W
Lv15 slip stream. AoE eva boost.
Lv55 dragons flames. AoE cure and rr1
Lv70 terrifying roar. AoE para and blind.
Lv99 dragons valor. AoE haste and att+15%

Doubt the element changing part would even be possible but it would be nice and yes I know its another avatar speculation thread but im bored at work lol. Anyway lets see what everyone else's wishes and dreams for for another avatar that isnt some silly cat.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 09:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a concept art of Siren, but she could be like Bismarck and be enemy onry. I doubt they'll put new ones aside from Cait Sith and Atomos(and even then I still have my doubts lol).
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 09:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix!

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 09:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong direction :| he's locked in Tenzen's sword and last we knew he was heading east...unless he got lost on the way lol.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wrong direction :| he's locked in Tenzen's sword and last we knew he was heading east...unless he got lost on the way lol.

I love it when people challenge stuff in this game with logic!
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 09:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix isnt in tenzens sword anymore she fused with Seth'ious or h/w you spell it but yeah she is pretty much out of the picture now which is sad.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 09:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, I forgot that part.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 09:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say she's out of the picture at all. There's plenty of ways they could easily write any of the avatars into the storyline, even if they've already used them or written them out. Heck, this is a fantasy game, there's an almost limitless plausible stories they could write to justify her presence in SoA. Since Celestial Avatars get defeated all the time, how do we know Phoenix is actually gone?

NPC's we've seen die in cutscenes are in Wings of the Goddess, for example. I bet we never thought we'd see them again! Same goes for Abyssea - an alternate reality version of Vana'diel. It could be the Phoenix that merged with Sel'thingamajig was an alternate reality version, or the version we face and summon comes from another reality to assist us.

It's unlikely, sure, but I'm pretty sure the idea of this thread was the avatars we'd most like to see and I stand by Phoenix! She saw me through some tough times against Emerald and Ruby Weapon. Too bad there's no Final Attack materia in this game...
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 10:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont get me wrong id love phoenix to be summonable but she isnt a celestrial avatar either. Celestrials dont actually get defeated since the ones we summon are only a small amount of their power but the true form probably jas near limitless power. Thinking about it Ultima would be a nice light elemental summon to have. Shes only in a couple of game and would be nice to see her in this plus she looks pretty epic.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're trying to be too logical. This is a fantasy game where a lot of random and unrelated stuff happens. If they wanted to add Phoenix, Promathia or even the Dynamis Lord as summons then they easily could and could easily add the storyline necessary to justify their existence as summons. Look at Alexander and Odin. There was nothing in the Aht Urhgan storyline to imply we'd be able to summon them, then they decided to add them and added in some additional storyline to (loosely) explain why they're lending us their power. Pretty sure we defeated Alexander in the missions (much like Phoenix disappeared in the Promathia missions) but Alexander's still there.

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate that we put such thoughtful thought into this topic but to dismiss anything on the grounds of 'storyline' seems silly to me. Mostly that it makes our selection of potential new avatars depressingly slim...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 10:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a concept art of Siren, but she could be like Bismarck and be enemy onry. I doubt they'll put new ones aside from Cait Sith and Atomos(and even then I still have my doubts lol).
For those who don't remember I went to dig the pic:

[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All the suppressed nightmares of 14's Garuda came flooding back looking at that...
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-23 10:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought those were showcased as new monsters, hmm.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 10:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I said it could be like Bismarck...I highly doubt they're giving new playable summons(mainly cause they don't seem able to even come up with new BP for old ones..)
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-23 10:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I said it could be like Bismarck...I highly doubt they're giving new playable summons(mainly cause they don't seem able to even come up with new BP for old ones..)

I'm hoping the devs will move on to things like this when 2.0 and SoA is released.

Sort of related:

The best thing they can do with summoner now in my opinion is give each individual BP it's own timer, like how waltzes, steps, flourishes work on dancer, and turn the blood pact timer gear to a straight percentage reduction on each timer.
 Asura.Onllwyn
Server: Asura
user: onllwyn
By Asura.Onllwyn 2013-01-23 10:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They should at least give us Cait sith and Atomos because they were suppose to be released awhile ago -.-
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, the showed an awesome video of Cait auto-attacking!!! Something you could have never seen! Oh wait, wotg mission.
 Asura.Onllwyn
Server: Asura
user: onllwyn
By Asura.Onllwyn 2013-01-23 10:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yea very true
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, the showed an awesome video of Cait auto-attacking!!! Something you could have never seen! Oh wait, wotg mission.

Spoilers! I'm still on Crossroads of Time!
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill agree with you on the ToAU part but in another sense they didnt say we wouldnt be able to summon them. In regards to defeating alexander he never actually showed his true form he just took over a machines and it those that were defeated no alexander himself. We do kind of know celestrials have a lot more power than terrestrials and that to get that small part of phoenix back it took a lot of sacrifices. You are right that SE could do anything but they dont normally go against the storyline thats ingame. They did say they arent doing anything with the far east which is where phoenix originally presided.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-01-23 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

While I wouldn't bet on it being in this expansion, coming up with a story for a Phoenix to come back to life wouldn't really be all that hard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-23 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
While I wouldn't bet on it being in this expansion, coming up with a story for a Phoenix to come back to life wouldn't really be all that hard.

While this is undeniably true, I'd bet against it for this reason - Phoenix undergoes a substantial change during the CoP storyline. Missions across mission lines in XI tend to be independent of order you've done them in - the cutscenes change (usually slightly) based on what you've done elsewhere.

If Phoenix were to be involved, you'd need multiple story paths; one where you've beaten CoP, one where you haven't started it, and then probably a few other tweaks along the way depending on where you are in the CoP missions/story.

So yeah - not outside the realm of possibility, but I would consider it unlikely unless they make the CoP missions a pre-req (which they won't).

[edit: this is to say nothing of what they'd have to do if you were doing SoA and CoP at the same time. It would be impossible to write a coherent plot with those constraints.]
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There's so many buzz killers on this site. :(

Quote:
your wishes and dreams

Perhaps a moderator should change the title to "Your logical explanations and arguments".
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your wishes shall face the cold steel of reality and your dreams be crushed by the power of one thousand supernovas.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-23 11:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Your logical explanations and arguments

I'm pretty sure no thread on this site should be called that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-01-23 11:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Your wishes shall face the cold steel of reality and your dreams be crushed by the power of one thousand supernovas.

This quote is indeed very cold <3

Anyway, on topic:

VALIGARMANDA.

Or maybe GILGAMESH. He's easy to write into anything.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-23 11:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maduin~

For that non elemental goodness~
By Areayea 2013-01-23 11:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK why but I have a feeling it's going to be possibly Valefor. a Valefor model would actually go nicely with the scenery of ToAU and I mean it could possibly be something like the opposite of Diabolos, that would be nice to also have another light based avatar (I love you carby... but you just don't do it a lot of the times ; ;)
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 12:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if it were possible, I'd like to see dual-element avatars, like the hybrid elementals from Abyssea.

Quetzalcoatl or Valefor (Thunder/Wind) (HUR HUR)
Crusade (Fire/Light)
Mateus (Water/Ice)
Zeromus (Earth/Dark)

I'll lay out the Blood Pacts later, at work!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 12:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzy with Transcard to turn the enemies in trading cards!
[+]
First Page 2 3