SoA Avatar? Your Wishes And Dreams.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-03-07 08:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than "unicorn," is there an esper/GF/summon that could use an ixion model?
By LakshmiArtemas 2013-03-07 08:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've no idea what I'm joining, just going off of Rearden's post, therefore:

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-07 08:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a celestial avatar clone that has a base BP recast of 30 seconds. I don't care what name they give it or what it looks like.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-03-07 10:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I want a celestial avatar clone that has a base BP recast of 30 seconds. I don't care what name they give it or what it looks like.

Won't the new sp satisfy your "hopes and dreams" for some small interval?
By Gimp 2013-03-07 10:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
i would personally like to summon a gundam because robots are cool

but then when you really think about it you would want to summon hitler or maybe some badass ss dudes because if you summon something you prob want them to die and who better than some badass ss dudes

well except maybe some rangers but either way they are pmuch the same so yea

ss dudes

http://redfield37.deviantart.com/art/RESIDENT-FANTASY-INVENTORY-199226829
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-03-07 16:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

NPC's we've seen die in cutscenes are in Wings of the Goddess, for example. I bet we never thought we'd see them again! Same goes for Abyssea - an alternate reality version of Vana'diel. It could be the Phoenix that merged with Sel'thingamajig was an alternate reality version, or the version we face and summon comes from another reality to assist us.

Can't because Shinryu succeeded in absorbing Selh, along with Phoenix, after the abyssea versions of us were killed off.
 Asura.Thannatos
Server: Asura
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-03-07 20:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
With the way SE is going about things at the moment, the 2 avatars we're likely to see in SoA are Cait Sith and Atomos.
or The Magus Sisters according to that artwork earlier

Can't because they already come out in the game in the form of Shikaree X, Y, and Z. :/
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2013-04-05 12:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd like to see Valefor, Siren, or Asura as non-AF Avatars.

As far as I can remember(been done with most of the story since 75cap), none of these are already an activate part of any story line, so implementing them in SoA for example, wouldn't be too difficult.

I really, really liked the later additions of Odin and Alexander and how they functioned, and hope for something similar again in the future. Something I've always wished for as a SMN(before they added Odin/Alex) is for multiple SMNs to be able to cast Bahamut together under AF.
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2013-04-15 17:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i want SERAPH!
[+]
By Sylfeya 2013-04-15 18:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd like Phoenix. We already have a bajillion ways to deal damage on Smn - we have no way to Raise people, aside from subjob. Having BPs that can Raise people, or that can bestow Reraise on people (RR aura as avatar favor, potency reduces Weakness time?), would be nice. Could be dual-element Light/Fire, much like those dual-elementals introduced in Abyssea... not really important though.

With regards to story-based restrictions:
(Skip the rest of this post as spoilers if you haven't done your missions or have no idea how to gain Fenrir/Diabolos/Alexander/Odin as avatars)

You cannot get Diabolos as an avatar until after you've beaten the appropriate CoP mission (and then win the appropriate BC fight).
You cannot get Alexander as an avatar until you've beaten the appropriate TAU mission (and then win the appropriate BC fight).
You cannot get Odin as an avatar until you've beaten the appropriate TAU mission (and then win the appropriate BC fight).

I fail to see why it would be so hard to have:
You cannot get Phoinix as an avatar until you've beaten the appropriate CoP mission (and then win the appropriate BC fight).

Seriously. We have a BC where you re-fight X/Y/Z which can only be done after a certain point in CoP... you can fight Bahamut in BC (Storms of Fate) after a certain point in mission... there's a long, well-established history of re-encountering old foes or only being able to do certain fights after a certain point in mission progression. Requiring CoP completion to do the Phoinix fight (perhaps a rematch against Tenzen, buffed to 99 cap?) would hardly be out of place, and wouldn't require a complete new expansion (heck, the original fight was on an airship, no reason why the rematch couldn't also take place on an airship).

Aside from that... would really like an avatar with a BP that grants simultaneous AoE Sneak/Invis. Just a convenience point, really.
By Drivont 2013-04-15 18:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
While it may not be "canon" or proper, it may be worth mentioning how many options we have to look at if we include the possibility of espers that hail from realms other than Vana'diel or pretty much every other typical Final Fantasy. Ivalice in particular has quite a handful that hold their own merit in badassery.

If you look at the Siren art, and the heartwings, the both have a similar style to them. Winglike appendages sprouting out of their heads.
Then if you look at the SOA concept art of Ulbuka, it shows the (fe)make RUN standing over what appears to be a horned skeleton skull. It matches the face of Chaos from these. But my guess is going towards Hades! Just because I like him more!

As the story unfolds in SOA I'm inclined to bet the spirits of light and dark are battling for dominance or something crazy. Almost positive the story is going to be elemental and rune based.

And then the crazy leafkin are prolly spawn of Yggdrasil. I'm also betting they sabotage colonization efforts! Everyone wants us out!
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-04-15 19:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't want any new avatars until they fix the rest of them. 30 second base BP timer and increase their melee damage output dramatically.

Give Ifrit high double attack and garuda/fenrir triple? Also just generally lower their delay.
[+]
By ryujinsephy 2013-04-15 19:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does it have to be a celestial avatar? Let us summon the new princess!
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2013-04-15 19:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just like them to finish what they promised & give us Cait Sith + Atomos...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-15 19:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Don't want any new avatars until they fix the rest of them. 30 second base BP timer and increase their melee damage output dramatically.

Give Ifrit high double attack and garuda/fenrir triple? Also just generally lower their delay.

I think it'd be nice if they gave blood pacts individual timers, similar to how waltz' work.

Or maybe charges for BPs like Quick Draw or Strategems so the summoner isn't idling every 45 seconds.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 13:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to get your hopes up, here is an interview with FF14 developer regarding the status of summoner in the new game.

http://gamerescape.com/2013/06/17/e3-2013-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
 Bahamut.Blze
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-06-18 14:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well lets see a new lands that seems to be "alive" ,jungle curse a mystic air around this place. summons "EDEN"

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-18 14:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Not to get your hopes up, here is an interview with FF14 developer regarding the status of summoner in the new game.

http://gamerescape.com/2013/06/17/e3-2013-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
And what does have to do with XI's summoner?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-18 15:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thannatos said: »
With the way SE is going about things at the moment, the 2 avatars we're likely to see in SoA are Cait Sith and Atomos.

Can't because they already come out in the game in the form of Shikaree X, Y, and Z. :/
evidence, i need this provided
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 15:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And what does have to do with XI's summoner?

Nothing :) other than to point out there is also another FF games with Summoner that seems to have a brighter future. I love FFXI Summoner job, and I wish the job gets more love from the developer. Sadly this is not the case, and I am tired waiting for years for updates and fixes. And not even a peep of acknowledgement from the developer, it's like the job does not exist.... As if SE is hell bent intending to force people to quit FFXI and move over to FF14. Every new videos they release just whetting appetite and make people wish that the same lavish attention is being showered to FFXI...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-18 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a 14 basher, nor a fan of 11 summoners crying for new avatars. But no one cares about 14 in this thread, go be a fanboy in the appropriate thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As much of an FFXIV fanboy I am, I have to agree with Sehachan. >_> Was no reason to necrobump this for FFXIV news.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-18 15:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

OF regulars, they're coming :x
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-06-18 15:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thannatos said: »

evidence, i need this provided

As hard as I have tried, I can not find a picture of the English version of the Dissidia information on the Magus Sisters, which pretty much makes it SE official that the Shakiree Sisters are the Magus Sisters.

Edit: No picture, But I found the info:

Magus Sisters

IV, X, XI

Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy, the Magus Sisters. Although their appearance alters per title, their appearance in FFIV and X truly stand out to show each sister's unique traits: a tall sister Sandy; a large, rotund sister Cindy; and a petite Mindy.

Debuting in the Tower of Zot where Rosa was held captive in FFIV, the sisters obstruct the party's way. Minions of Barbariccia, the ruler of the tower, they are formidable enough to be considered the fiend's enforcers and are known for their teamwork. Using the ghastly Delta Attack, the sisters reflect powerful magic off of each other unto the party, a technique the party would later use to their advantage.

Appearing as Aeons in FFX, they appear clad in insect-inspired armor. Each wields powerful spells and they can use the Delta Attack together as well. Whether based on the fact that it takes much hardship to gain their aid, Yuna shows her utmost respect for them when giving out command such as "Do as you will" or "Keep it up!"

A group known as Sin Hunters appear in FFXI, and are a group of Mithra sisters. Their strength lies in their weapon-based attacks and teamwork, making them fierce opponents. They are, however, strongly involved in the adventure surrounding Prishe, and watch the events unfold. One is not bound to associate this group with the Magus Sisters at first, but a striking connection is revealed later on.