SoA Avatar? Your Wishes And Dreams.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
SoA Avatar? your wishes and dreams.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quetzy with Transcard to turn the enemies in trading cards!
NEW IN-GAME MINI-GAME: TETRA REVOLUTION!

One reason why I wouldn't see Quetz work though is because there are already two references to him in Abyssea- Kukulcan and Gukumatz respectively. So as much as I'd love seeing the Thunderbirdserpent get a return, I may have to forfeit that to Valefor making her return. XD

edit: wait a minute I just realized Valefor had a cameo in FF13 so I'm gonna favor Quetz again rofl!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-23 12:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure we'll know which avatars we're getting from SoA in 2020 or so
[+]
By stratton 2013-01-23 12:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Doom Train - (24 hour use) works on monsters, Players and npcs... why because every now and then I really just want to hit things with a train.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 12:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no trains in XI!!!!! *crushes dreams*
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-23 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

they could like add a plot where Cid makes a steam train in bastok, and it gets possessed or something
By stratton 2013-01-23 13:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you witness a player do something absolutely stupid and get a message "The gods have felt pity that you have seen that which can not be unseen, you have learned a new summons that hits people with trains. The gods hope you use this for good, and prevent the event you witnessed from ever happening again"

I'm 99.9% sure the ffxi community would be satisfied if that was the only explination you got... though Port Jeuno may need to be renamed Jeuno Grand central station.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-01-23 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

stratton said: »
Or you witness a player do something absolutely stupid and get a message "The gods have felt pity that you have seen that which can not be unseen, you have learned a new summons that hits people with trains. The gods hope you use this for good, and prevent the event you witnessed from ever happening again"

I'm 99.9% sure the ffxi community would be satisfied if that was the only explination you got... though Port Jeuno may need to be renamed Jeuno Grand central station.

lol !
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-01-23 13:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Phoenix isnt in tenzens sword anymore she fused with Seth'ious or h/w you spell it but yeah she is pretty much out of the picture now which is sad.

DBZ - Goku and Vegeta Fused, and then UNFUSED !!!! Fusion is not a game ending event!

Or.... She gave part of her power to the white faced npc >.> but her real form existed elsewhere........ Avatars say it all the time, they lend you their power, well! she only lent him her wings >.>

Yes I over thought this.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

they could like add a plot where Cid makes a steam train in bastok, and it gets possessed or something
"DAMMIT ZEID! Why did you have to go and corrupt it!?"
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 13:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the quetz and valefor ideas they would be nice additions and the hybrid avatars. Another thing ive been thinking of is avatar armour from the HQ fights would be similar to automatons attachments but they would be unique for each avatar.

Ramuh.
Head: Squall helm. DT-5% DA+5% att+5% enhances Chaotic strike.
Body: Squall Breastplate. Haste+6% enhances BP:R damage (10%) adds regen effect (10)
Hands: Squall Gauntlets. DA+5% haste+5% MAB+10 enhances shockspark.
Legs+feet: Squall battledress. DT-10% att+10% enhances thunderstorm
Set enhances shock squall.

Would only be for the celestrial avatars as well as maybe Diabolos.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 13:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the quetz and valefor ideas they would be nice additions and the hybrid avatars. Another thing ive been thinking of is avatar armour from the HQ fights would be similar to automatons attachments but they would be unique for each avatar.

Ramuh.
Head: Squall helm. DT-5% DA+5% att+5% enhances Chaotic strike.
Body: Squall Breastplate. Haste+6% enhances BP:R damage (10%) adds regen effect (10)
Hands: Squall Gauntlets. DA+5% haste+5% MAB+10 enhances shockspark.
Legs+feet: Squall battledress. DT-10% att+10% enhances thunderstorm
Set enhances shock squall.

Would only be for the celestrial avatars as well as maybe Diabolos.
oh wow that would kind of awesome actually
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 13:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Phoenix isnt in tenzens sword anymore she fused with Seth'ious or h/w you spell it but yeah she is pretty much out of the picture now which is sad.

DBZ - Goku and Vegeta Fused, and then UNFUSED !!!! Fusion is not a game ending event!

Or.... She gave part of her power to the white faced npc >.> but her real form existed elsewhere........ Avatars say it all the time, they lend you their power, well! she only lent him her wings >.>

Yes I over thought this.

Id would agree with you but phoenix didnt have much power to start with so she probably gave him it all. Terrestrial avatars are a lot different than celestrials so normally when they die it takes a lot of power to get them back. We only got fenrir back because carbuncle used the power of the celestrials to bring him back. I think they have a rather limited amount of power.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-23 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With the way SE is going about things at the moment, the 2 avatars we're likely to see in SoA are Cait Sith and Atomos.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 13:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
With the way SE is going about things at the moment, the 2 avatars we're likely to see in SoA are Cait Sith and Atomos.
or The Magus Sisters according to that artwork earlier
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wings on head...only Siren is that dumb :x
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wings on head...only Siren is that dumb :x
Wait, that's Siren? I thought that could also be Sylph o_O
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Spira
Server: Ragnarok
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2013-03-07 00:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i want hybrid elementals with a new category of AI altering Blood Pacts. heck, extend that to normal elementals as well so that they aren't so useless. guess i'm practical like that.

otherwise, Siren.
By Artemicion 2013-03-07 00:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just being silly with these two.
Honestly though, despite already being a regular human NPC, I want to see the real Gilgamesh be summonable.

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-07 02:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see:

Madeen, strong physical dmg based light avatar! It needs more entries in the series.

Then otherwise the usual bahamut phoenix etc.
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-07 05:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

While it may not be "canon" or proper, it may be worth mentioning how many options we have to look at if we include the possibility of espers that hail from realms other than Vana'diel or pretty much every other typical Final Fantasy. Ivalice in particular has quite a handful that hold their own merit in badassery.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2013-03-07 05:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the FFXII art collection book from the pre-order or something, the art for those espers is amazing.

I'd like to summon Yojimbo, he was fkn cool.
 Ragnarok.Spira
Server: Ragnarok
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2013-03-07 06:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't mind if the Ivalice espers all appeared as bosses or something
[+]
By Gimp 2013-03-07 07:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Something without crap dps(emphasis) that main job isn't blm and more current support abilities would be great and about 500 more hp.

I think I'd care more if there were quests to make our avatars stronger with job traits or new abilities than new avatars with the same old problems.

but Gilgamesh, Magus Sisters, or hybrid avatars be great.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-07 07:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos that benefits from buffs that hit it and that hits for reasonable dmg with melee swings + BPs would be pretty nice. would need a tradeoff tho, like significantly higher perpetuation cost than normal avatars
 Asura.Kormak
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-03-07 07:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatars that could possibly be introduced:

Hades - just use the Durinn/Dvalinn model with a few changes.
weak regular attacks but with additional effect debuffs and have the astral flow just like the cauldron from FF7 inflicting all debuffs that the mob isnt immune to.

Ones already said like Valefor, Siren and Atomos.

Yojimbo - real possibility for SOA content, sort of dresses like a Geomancer. then you would have your strong physical Avatar (SAM) and the BP's write themselves... 2 hour Zanmato.

Personally I'd love to see Anima but the design is to complex for a mmo game ie. half above ground... chained to the ground...
For the same reason the could not do the sisters unless you could only summon 1 each and 3 summoners working together could use Delta attack.

I know all of this is but a mere pipe dream but .... A man can dream.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-03-07 08:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost certainly gonna be Siren. The Adoulin theme is water and the concept art from earlier shows the FF8 Siren with the wings on her head.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-07 08:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor, Quetzy, Adrammelech, Famfrit, Shemalehazai and Chaos are my favourites among those that aren't in the game.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2013-03-07 08:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i would personally like to summon a gundam because robots are cool

but then when you really think about it you would want to summon hitler or maybe some badass ss dudes because if you summon something you prob want them to die and who better than some badass ss dudes

well except maybe some rangers but either way they are pmuch the same so yea

ss dudes