The Use Of /fume With Hate Resets Procs In VW?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-07-08 15:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
Siren.Calnus said: »
Then suddenly EX went from being BLM magic to DNC ability. Or everything people were currently trying to hit got switched out on them with no understanding of what just happened.
If your EX proc is blm 5 and your blm's couldnt hit it within 30 seconds (with the exception being dark element) then maybe the problem is your blm's, not the war.
Yes because when the fight starts we all totally know what EX is right off the bat. Way to miss the point.
Proof you're clearly just blowing steam now because you cant even change the proc "right off the bat"
[+]
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Server: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-07-08 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not understanding this i popped a mob just to see if this was rumor or not did about 10 fumes and nothing tried engaged and non engaged is it a random chance of changing proc?
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-07-08 20:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
I'm not understanding this i popped a mob just to see if this was rumor or not did about 10 fumes and nothing tried engaged and non engaged is it a random chance of changing proc?

I believe it can only be done every 5 minutes, so you may have to last 5 minutes against the mob.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-08 20:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just got done doing T4 Jeuno clear, had some people trying to /fume, doesn't look like they got the 5 minute memo.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-08 20:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a five minute timer after it's popped and after each successful proc reset. Note that the timer starts when the monster spawns, so I think it would be possible to engage Provenance Watcher five minutes in and be able to reset procs immediately if needed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-08 21:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it after pop or engagement? Surely you'd have to engage PW first, not that he's immensely hard to hold.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-08 21:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure whoever was testing this stuff on BG established that it's pop time.
 Shiva.Alistaire
Server: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-07-08 21:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely pop time, people tested on the caturae pre-fights.

Edit: soon as the first person's in too, so you got somethin like a minute headstart anyway while you make sure everyone's in and pops temps.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-09 18:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
It's obvious that's how it's supposed to be used. It's also not that difficult to be *** backwards abused, but if someone is abusing it, and you know about it, then ***, you can boot the motherlover.

you used the term "f***" but then censored yourself when you said motherlover? :P

On topic, this is great info to have. I've seen a lot of Pil fights end up in "run away, we don't have procs/got crappy procs"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-09 18:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what the point of this is. Procs are pretty much pointless on PW, use fanatics, bring it to 50%, RDM CS stuns, kill it. You don't need a single proc to win/survive. By the time you figure out what the procs are that you can't proc (lol), you're probably dead anyway. Or do people actually not zerg this? I've definitely seen PLDs in provenance for some strange reason.

On other NMs, they're all dead within 5m to begin with so...?
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-07-09 19:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm not sure what the point of this is. Procs are pretty much pointless on PW, use fanatics, bring it to 50%, RDM CS stuns, kill it. You don't need a single proc to win/survive. By the time you figure out what the procs are that you can't proc (lol), you're probably dead anyway. Or do people actually not zerg this? I've definitely seen PLDs in provenance for some strange reason.

On other NMs, they're all dead within 5m to begin with so...?

... I'll say no more.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-09 19:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno if this was mentioned yet but this was revealed by SE during vanafest at like 5AM NA time. lol

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27049/murasamemaru-hidden-effect/2#1924146

Siren.Stunx said: »
SE gave away a few other secrets as well that im sure are about to surface.

one RNG related, something about resetting all hate maybe.

another about resetting VW weak points on a 5 min cooldown.

again didnt read all the pages, but incase it wasnt mentioned, the exact mechanics are you can do this as long as you have hate and 5 min have passed, after that its a 5 min cooldown.

the rng thing has something to do with camo and the TA shot thing. I didnt get to get the exact details cuz I dont play rng anymore lol.

but yea, all the jp's got a bunch of secrets revealed to them at vanafest.