The Use Of /fume With Hate Resets Procs In VW?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
 Shiva.Varistor
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Varistor
By Shiva.Varistor 2012-07-08 01:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a troll, it is real. We did it a few times on Kaggen a few hours ago. But it has to be the one with the hate doing it for it to work. After you /fume, chat log says the aura around the monster changes.
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-08 01:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its neat, makes it so that if you get a set of bad procs then you can reset without having everyone flee/die in terror and the popper be down a stone.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-07-08 02:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
If this is true ... that using the "/fume" emote is actually built-in to the Voidwatch mechanics as some form of "secret weapon" ... then FFXI has really hit a new low.
Considering /kneel has been implemented with Odin for a long while, I disagree.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-08 02:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
The responses to this thread are a good example of why things like Legion are 'difficult'.
I don't think being skeptical about something as ridiculous as this mechanic has any bearing on one's ability to play this game.
There's an entire site and wiki devoted to such information, yet instead of reading it you just accused the OP of trolling.

I think it holds just a touch of bearing.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-08 02:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Varistor said: »
...it has to be the one with the hate doing it for it to work. After you /fume, chat log says the aura around the monster changes.

Edit: ***, if I'd clicked Faelar's link would have seen screenshot. Gonna test this personally soon, could maybe be uselful when you get PUP 5.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-07-08 02:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So now when im on sam and its gk proc, i can just /fume and continue to shoha!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-08 02:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see people actually doing that tbh.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-08 02:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
The responses to this thread are a good example of why things like Legion are 'difficult'.
I don't think being skeptical about something as ridiculous as this mechanic has any bearing on one's ability to play this game.
There's an entire site and wiki devoted to such information, yet instead of reading it you just accused the OP of trolling.

I think it holds just a touch of bearing.
So every time someone claims something that sounds equally ridiculous, I should immediately go read all of the relevant wiki pages to make sure something hasn't changed? One could spend days doing this for all of the crafting rumors.

And you're conveniently not mentioning that the edit to the wiki didn't happen until 19:14, which was only 84 minutes before this OP. I don't really see why you're arguing because being skeptical of something this stupid is more than reasonable and, in fact, it's more arguable that one's skill would be inferior if they were not skeptical.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-07-08 02:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever been so mad that you actually manipulated the emotion of another being with your mere RAGE!?
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 03:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be simple enough to test (and screenshot). I'll do it later tonight if no one else has.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-08 03:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
I laughed hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Kelayne
Server: Shiva
user: KelXD
By Shiva.Kelayne 2012-07-08 03:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »

/fume changes nothing apparently. XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2012-07-08 04:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
Have you ever been so mad that you actually manipulated the emotion of another being with your mere RAGE!?

Congratulations, you are now 1% Chuck Norris... and that's all you can handle without imploding, then exploding with sheer awesomeness.
 Ragnarok.Katsidhe
Server: Ragnarok
user: Catsidhe
By Ragnarok.Katsidhe 2012-07-08 04:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Srsly look at all the emtions in this post.How can anyone get so worked up about such a small thing?Like Weeks said, its a second to type it, what's the big deal.Bunch of pussies lol.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 04:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ya, deffinitally does work. just 4chared smierc w/ capped lights pretty easilly. Looks like the theory on BG that you can do it once every 5minutes is right also.
 Lakshmi.Leonien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Leonien 2012-07-08 04:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have hate on the mob. As in the mob needs to be hitting you for it to work. Which is also good to mention.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-08 04:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, the fact that they told JPs and no one else is ethically pretty *** up. I don't care the reasoning behind it "being ok that they didn't", it's still pretty *** up.

This isn't the first time something like this has been JP onry, Relic +2 augment parameters were published in some JP magazine and never officially released for NA/EU consumption.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Katsidhe
Server: Ragnarok
user: Catsidhe
By Ragnarok.Katsidhe 2012-07-08 04:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-07-08 05:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Seriously though, the fact that they told JPs and no one else is ethically pretty *** up. I don't care the reasoning behind it "being ok that they didn't", it's still pretty *** up.

This isn't the first time something like this has been JP onry, Relic +2 augment parameters were published in some JP magazine and never officially released for NA/EU consumption.

Hopefully SE's last JP favoritism thing now that Tanaka is gone.

The guy who worked with Abyssea didn't seem to show any favoritism, he seemed pretty unbiased.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-07-08 05:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dreamx said: »

The guy who worked with Abyssea didn't seem to show any favoritism, he seemed pretty unbiased.
It will not be.
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-07-08 05:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Leviathan.Dreamx said: »

It will not be.

Hopefully only time will tell.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 05:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

all "THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD US ABOUT THIS SOONER" aside. I am loving this. 1 voidcluster is being more than enough to kill smierc and bhishani w/ mnk, whm, blm mule, sch/blm(stunner) mule, and fumes enabled us to cap red every time and mostly blue. Along those lines:

1/80ish
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-07-08 06:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of makes me wonder if there's other things on the JP client that they "forgot" to tell us if anything. The ethical side of me says there isn't, then the logical side slaps the piss out of it and says there is.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about time people figured this out lol. My LS has a JP in it and it was discovered the day of Vanafest by our LS. I actually wasn't allowed to tell anyone and we used "/fume motion" to mask the effect.

Nobody ever once even questioned "The aura of your foe suddenly changes" in the chat log either which is the funny part considering I did it several times in pick up groups and nobody caught on.

With void clusters and /fume you can pretty much low man without the fear of missing procs, and yes it's every 5 minutes and only the person with hate can activate it.

You have no idea how many times people said EX was dancer or something we didn't have... only to discover a white proc via BLM or NIN shortly after lol... that one did cause some confusion.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-08 06:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
It's about time people figured this out lol. My LS has a JP in it and it was discovered the day of Vanafest by our LS. I actually wasn't allowed to tell anyone and we used "/fume motion" to mask the effect.

And why is this exactly? The "haha we knew and you didn't. suckers" thing makes you look like a massive douchenozzle, and that's coming from me.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »

And why is this exactly? The "haha we knew and you didn't. suckers" thing makes you look like a massive douchenozzle, and that's coming from me.
Don't ask me, i traded hints at people and caused it to come up in the log several times and then i was asked not to do it anymore lol.

Trade secret maybe? Dunno and don't really care, cats out of the bag now lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-08 06:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have done it anyway, because whoever told you not to is a *** dumbass.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mad respect for my LS and the leaders of it. They are the ones that even told me about it in the first place. I'll leave it at that really.

I can completely understand an outrage of JP given information and the tight grasp people put on it lol. Favoritism ect. I wouldn't be mad though, I would just grab a group of friends and voidclusters and go have a ball now knowing you can change weakness lol.

No sense people bitching about it now.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-08 06:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Concealing secrets like jealous kids...as if there was competition for VW, this isn't HNM why bother.
[+]