The Use Of /fume With Hate Resets Procs In VW?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
The use of /fume with hate resets procs in VW?
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Concealing secrets like jealous kids...as if there was competition for VW, this isn't HNM why bother.
Probably because it was reminiscent of the HNM scene where ToD's and tracking information was held in regard. Is it really so different?

Peoplez be mad yo~
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-08 06:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not mad, I just find it incredibly stupid.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not mad, I just find it incredibly stupid.
And I don't disagree with that lol. But it happened.
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-07-08 06:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
Concealing secrets like jealous kids...as if there was competition for VW, this isn't HNM why bother.
Probably because it was reminiscent of the HNM scene where ToD's and tracking information was held in regard. Is it really so different?

Peoplez be mad yo~

Considering there is 100% no competition at all in Voidwatch (Bodies, Accessories, etc are rare/ex) There's really... no reason to horde secrets to it. It doesn't give anyone an advantage.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 06:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No but in the hands of someone incredibly stupid it could ruin a run too. I think that was the main argument now that i think about it.

"Hey it's great axe"
*Watches the war ukko spam for hate then /fume to change the proc*

Then suddenly EX went from being BLM magic to DNC ability. Or everything people were currently trying to hit got switched out on them with no understanding of what just happened.

For me personally I used it when EX was something we didn't have, or when we couldn't seem to get reads or enough procs fast enough to keep it staggered.

You'll find reasons for hating stupid people knowing how to do this.

Take it as you will though lol.
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-07-08 07:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No but in the hands of someone incredibly stupid it could ruin a run too. I think that was the main argument now that i think about it.

"Hey it's great axe"
*Watches the war ukko spam for hate then /fume to change the proc*

Then suddenly EX went from being BLM magic to DNC ability. Or everything people were currently trying to hit got switched out on them with no understanding of what just happened.

For me personally I used it when EX was something we didn't have, or when we couldn't seem to get reads or enough procs fast enough to keep it staggered.

You'll find reasons for hating stupid people knowing how to do this.

Take it as you will though lol.

You have a valid point, that's the main reason that I'd see it was to stay between a small group of people.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 07:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also when anyone from our LS started a voidwatch shout, it filled within 4-5 minutes or less because we never failed and was very very constant. Even before the discovery of fume.

It had it's benefits by keeping it concealed, people are just blinded by the favortism factor involved. Which again I find understandable and the mud slinging is more funny than taken personally at this moment.

In either case it's in the wind now and I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Hopefully people read this thread a good bit and understanding WHEN you use the reset.

If you got anything from me, it was to use it when EX was unattainable or you were struggling with reads or procs not coming fast enough to keep it staggered. Also for low man using voidclusters which allows for easier capped lights.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-07-08 07:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obvious that's how it's supposed to be used. It's also not that difficult to be *** backwards abused, but if someone is abusing it, and you know about it, then ***, you can boot the motherlover.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 07:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
It's obvious that's how it's supposed to be used. It's also not that difficult to be *** backwards abused, but if someone is abusing it, and you know about it, then ***, you can boot the motherlover.

You can "/fume motion" and mask the emote from the chatlog, and you give people too much credit for understanding the proc system as a whole. At least on siren server it feels like half our random pickups lack even the basic understanding.

Proc don't spam ukko.
Clear the gold chest.
Use temp items to benefit yourself.
Turn around if the lights aren't capped to minimize damage.

These are 4 basic things I don't think anyone understands still. You just might be smarter than the rest and do your research and ATTEMPT to give a damn. General public? Not so much.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-08 07:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

Pritty much, if they are messing you up just kick them, remember their name, then don't invite again.

Also BG says it can only be used once every 5 min so unless thats every 5min by each person and not a universal timer then it's kinda hard to spam it.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
Server: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2012-07-08 07:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Except if you've got a good set of DD in your alliance then by the time you disengage, the mob should already be on someone else. Sounds like your groups suck if you managed to do that a lot with 18/18.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-07-08 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In his defense, anyone with a clue about old HNM days can tell you that Siren had the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE population to ever reach this part of the content and happily server transfered everywhere before coming back to their hole.

I'm not surprised that this kind of attitude came from this server, and I'm just as surprised that it was JP onry.

At least we know, now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-08 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Weissberv said: »
Except if you've got a good set of DD in your alliance then by the time you disengage, the mob should already be on someone else. Sounds like your groups suck if you managed to do that a lot with 18/18.
You can emote while engaged. Not sure what bearing this has on it.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-08 09:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
The person doing the emote needs to be the mobs target, so what I think they are saying is if they can hold hate to control who is in charge of /fume ing it then something is wrong.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-08 09:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
The person doing the emote needs to be the mobs target, so what I think they are saying is if they can hold hate to control who is in charge of /fume ing it then something is wrong.
I'd agree that it would be difficult to keep hate on one single person to do it but if you have multiple people who know about it who are dd and you just spam the emote, you'll hit it eventually.

But either way disengaging has nothing to do with it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-08 09:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you're at the point where you've decided the proc needs changing you could just get everyone but 1 person to turn.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2012-07-08 09:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, not sure where I got the whole disengaging part from. I thought I read it from here but I guess not! In that case then it wouldn't be hard to do it.

It would be nice when it happened if it said "The fiend's weaknesses have changed!" in the log or something like that now that this is public knowledge. It would definately save a lot of confusion.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-07-08 09:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

Well if you're at the point where you've decided the proc needs changing you could just get everyone but 1 person to turn.
Or everyone can use /fume at the same time, since there is a cool down and therefore only one person will trigger it?
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 09:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, not sure where I got the whole disengaging part from. I thought i read it from here but I guess not! In that case then it wouldn't be hard to do it.

It would be nice when it happened if it said "The fiend's weaknesses have changed!" in the log or something like that now that this is public knowledge. It would definately save a lot of confusion.
It basically does. It says like "the foe's aura has changed", and is viewable by all present.
By Xenshi 2012-07-08 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be once every five minutes starting from the pop time. Type in /fume motion and you get the message. Me soloing Cherufe like a boss on Pup/Nin with whm frame. Actually got the white proc after first 5 minutes also.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-07-08 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a message everyone can see, similar to the one when doing P. Watcher.

There is a 5 minute timer. It would only be possible to exploit this 5 times per fight and not per character.
There didn't seem to be a cooldown with attempts. Cziella had tried once or twice before that but it was turning wildly with everyone's hate being capped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-07-08 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Peoplez be mad yo~

Not mad, I just find you and your LS to be a bunch of self centered brats now that won't help a community when it has no negative side for you all to do so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-08 10:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure is hostile thread derail in here.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2012-07-08 11:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A voting system would be nice. Like /propose but for resetting the mobs triggers. It would be a lot better than this person with hate /fume lame *** system which can be abused easily by any DD in the group.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-07-08 11:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A voting system would be nice. Like /propose but for resetting the mobs triggers. It would be a lot better than this person with hate /fume lame *** system which can be abused easily by any DD in the group.

Other than the fact that any time you run with a pickup only half the alliance is ever paying attention to procs, so adding that in too probably would have no effect. It'd have to be timed over like a minute or something so that if not everyone voted it could still go through.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-08 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If I /fume at the chest, will it change the drops?
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-07-08 11:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say it can cause problems, but usually you know who are the trouble makers on your server and not to invite them to stuff. Plus the fact that no one likes to waste time and usually join the shouts because they want something and they want it fast. It also opens up the possiblity for solos, duos, etc. with or without the voidclusters. I'm for one really eager to see some super low man or solos since you can get at least a few procs now.
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-07-08 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If your EX proc is blm 5 and your blm's couldnt hit it within 30 seconds (with the exception being dark element) then maybe the problem is your blm's, not the war.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-08 15:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
If your EX proc is blm 5 and your blm's couldnt hit it within 30 seconds (with the exception being dark element) then maybe the problem is your blm's, not the war.
Yes because when the fight starts we all totally know what EX is right off the bat. Way to miss the point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]