user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-14 16:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

05-11-2012 06:18 AM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

As we have finally reached the final chapter for Voidwatch, starting with the upcoming version update we will be implementing adjustments focusing on making this content more enjoyable.

Adjustment content
  • Upcoming version update (scheduled for mid-May)

• Adjustments to drop rates and number of drops from Provenance Watcher
    • Crystal Petrifact stack quantity increased from 12 to 99

• Next version update

• Application of the weakness system of the final chapter to all the other chapters
    • Implementation of ticket system for specific items
    • Implementation of a system where weakening monsters is possible through paying a fee (Excluding the final chapter)

• Objective
    As I mentioned at the top, we will be making this content more enjoyable, but to go into a bit more detail on this, the idea is centralized around those who are coming in late and did not do this content as it came out with everyone as well as those players who cannot log in during peak times.

Specifically, we are planning to increase the options to counter situations such as not being able to participate when there is a shout due to progression issues, lacking members to defeat a monster, and the strong desire to obtain a certain item.

This post was intended to serve as an outline for the adjustments and the objective behind them, but we will be bringing you specific details for each adjustment in the near future.
Subscribe

05-16-2012 08:35 PM
[source]
Mizuki Ito
Dev Team

Hello, Ito here!

I would like to reveal which adjustments (from the proposed adjustments in the previous post) we plan on implementing in the next update.

Please read through this when you have some time to spare, since it’s rather long.

• Objectives
    As stated in my previous post, the overall goal is to make the game easier to play. We are also focusing heavily on addressing some critical issues.
    We will add more ways to overcome situations such as:

“There are shouts for content, but I can’t participate because I haven’t progressed enough.”
    “I am trying everything I can, but I can’t defeat the enemy. Only if I had 1 or 2 more party members…”
    “I really want this item!”

caused by the following issues:
    -Players were late to participate in content during its peak time
    -Players are unable to log in during peak hours

• Apply the weakness system which is currently only used in the final chapter to all routes
    Based on feedback regarding the battle in the final chapter, we will apply the following adjustments to all routes.

1. Opponent’s attack/magic attack is reduced by triggering weakness
    2. Elimination/addition/consolidation of weaknesses triggers
    3. Change weakness triggers for jug pets and automatons to all special abilities.

※The 3rd category is currently not applied to the final chapter

• Ticket system for specific items
    Players are frustrated with the fact that players are unable to give away duplicate items to other players who want the item. As such, we have come up with a way to give players who were unable to obtain the item a better chance.

• Eligible items
      The following are the eligible items:

Mextli Harness/Anhur Robe/Fazheluo Radiant Mail/Toci’s Harness/Heka’s Kalasiris/Mekira Meikogai/Murasamemaru/Aytanri/Ephemeron/Coruscanti/Asteria/Borealis/Delphinius

There are 2 reasons these items were chosen:
      1. All other gear items are relatively easy to obtain, so we would like players to obtain these items on their own.
      2. The more items that can be ticketed, the more inventory congestion becomes a problem.

• Ticketing

• Ticketing can only be performed when items are taken out of the personal treasure box
      • When ticketing occurs, the character who is ticketing is announced and the ticket goes to the loot pool
      • Tickets are different for each type of gear
      • To obtain items via tickets, 3 of the same type of ticket must be turned in
      • Tickets cannot be traded to other players

We separated tickets into different types to avoid players only farming areas with the easiest monsters to defeat or obtaining items from NMs that would not usually drop them.

Initially, we were considering allowing tickets to be traded or sold, but if this was implemented, tickets would be used for profit rather than to help other players. Since this does not fall in line with our original objective, in order to make it so tickets easily go to those players who really want an item and continuously participate, we have decided to allow only the members who participate in battle to transfer tickets.

To compensate, we were able to significantly reduce the number of necessary tickets to exchange for equipment and have set the number stated above.

Additionally, by having a the system announce that someone created a ticket, the player who created the ticket can then easily notify other members that they are free to lot on it or chose who to give it to.

• Implementation of a system where weakening monsters is possible through paying a fee (Excluding the final chapter)
    In order to aid those players to get past portions of content they are stuck on and also to make it possible to take on these battles with fewer party members, we will be implementing the below.

• Enfeebling items can be purchase with gil.
    • Item purchases will be limited to a one-time use for a given period of time.
    • It will be possible to stack enfeeble items.
    • It will not be possible to trade enfeeble items to other players.
    • Enfeeble items need to be traded to the Planar Rift prior to Voidwatch battles and converted into a key item.
    • It will be possible to possess multiple key items.
    • Whether you want to enfeeble the monster will be selectable when spawning the monster.
    • If you choose to enfeeble the monster, the level of enfeebling can be selected.
    • Enfeebling reduces the level of the monster.
    • The amount of levels that can be lowered on a monster via key items will change based on zone.

We do not plan on making the cost for these enfeeble items extremely high. While it won’t be at a level of extreme ease either, we plan on making it somewhat in the middle.

There will also be limitations on the number purchasable in a given amount of time and though it will be slightly on the expensive side, there will not be any other different effects attributed to these items such as drop rate enhancements, etc.
    By using multiple enfeeble items at the same time, it will be possible to lower the level of the monster and it will be possible to defeat the earlier chapter monsters with less than a single party.

We’ve set the items in this way in order to prevent making it critical to have for battles and also to prevent extremely efficient parties from battling the same monsters over and over again.

The above are the plans and adjustment planned scheduled for next version update.

We will first be implementing this on the test server and then perform the actual version update.
After this is complete, we will continue to make adjustments based on play conditions and feedback.
Subscribe

05-21-2012 02:10 PM
[source]
Mizuki Ito
Dev Team

Thanks for all of your feedback on the ticket system. I’d like to give some follow-up information regarding this. (I’ve actually been discussing this in meetings.)

After looking into the specifications for this ticket system, as a result of continuous experimenting and testing while working on the feature for placing tickets into the treasure chest, we reached a conclusion that there would be a chance that a market tickets would develop even if it wasn’t possible to trade them and regardless of what system was adopted.

With this said, there is no meaning behind making them untradeable.

I believe there are pros and cons for both sides, but I am thinking that the best result would be to relegate this to you all and change it to a system where there is higher chance to help others and still make it so you can give tickets to others free of charge.

However, by making the tickets tradable, we will be changing the system so that more tickets are required to obtain equipment. It will also be necessary to fight the monster that drops the equipment and receive the title for defeat.

The below are the planned changes:

• Tickets will be made tradable.

• Two requirements will need to be fulfilled in order to exchange tickets for equipment.

• Must possess 5 of the same type of ticket.
      (As we are currently revisiting this, there is a possibility that this number changes.)
    • Must have the title proving defeat of the monster that drops the respective piece of equipment.

We also received a lot of feedback regarding the possibility of having a different item be created when you change a piece of equipment into a ticket.

This is a nice idea for both the ticket giver and the receiver creating a win-win situation, but since we ultimately decided to make tickets tradable, we felt that even without this idea the tickets will find their way to those who want them, so we decided to put this off for now.
Subscribe

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-05-14 16:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I love their logic of:

Dev1: "People are complaining about Voidwatch, we should implement some patches to solve the community's gripes and therefore make the game more enjoyable!"

Dev2 (probably Tanaka): "Nah, let's wait until we've released all of the content, THEN fix it."
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-05-14 17:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"Let's wait for them to all actually make themselves miserable and spam 200 fights to get their armor, then make it easy to get now that they've got it."
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-05-14 17:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
"Let's wait for them to all actually make themselves miserable and spam 200 fights to get their armor, then make it easy to get now that they've got it."
well their logic is 'alot of people got the armor, so it's harder for people to get it, so let's make it more accessable'
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-05-14 17:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
well their logic is "a lot of people got the armor, so it's harder for people to get it. Let's make it more accessible, but good luck getting the people for it now"
fix'd
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-05-14 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
well their logic is "a lot of people got the armor, so it's harder for people to get it. Let's make it more accessible, but good luck getting the competent people for it now"

fixed
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-05-14 17:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

HA! Thank you for that, sir.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-14 17:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
05-11-2012 06:18 AM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

• Next version update

• Implementation of ticket system for specific items

Subscribe
It seems like this feature is taking a retardedly long time to impliment

this is normal for many successful mmo's. content starts hard and is gradually made easier as new content comes out.

by the time this is implemented, most of the players who started vw early will have gotten almost all the drops they wanted if they did vw on a consistent basis. also by this time 2-3 new events will prolly be around. while those who were discouraged or got left behind or simply took a break can come back and get cought back up to everyone else who has mostly moved on, therefor keeping newbs and return players happy and paying monthly.

to many this isnt really fair.. but its a known working system in games like wow and other mmo's. atleast its not so bad where EVERYthing gets outdated by "teal, perle" type gear each new patch lol.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-14 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the beauty of that dev post is that they are still standing by voidwatch didn't need fixing. "We aren't fixing voidwatch; we are making it more accessable to players that are slow getting into the event".

Sorry, my fault SE. I shouldn't have lollygagged around and taken a week getting my T4 city pops back when they came out at lvl90. Clearly, had I put in a modicum of effort, and only taken 4 or 5 days instead of 7 or 8 I wouldn't be 0/950~ on voidwatch drops. I wouldn't have spent over 40million gil on voiddusts and cells.

Maybe, also, I wouldn't have seen my friend with no mage jobs go 2/3 on Heka's bodys while not trading cells when he came to one of my runs to get the win 3 weeks ago while I got my 300+th box of logs from Akvan. I'm glad he didn't delay getting into voidwatch. He was clearly rewarded for the swiftness with which he tackled your content.

t( ' 't)
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-14 18:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

how do u spend that much gil on dust and cells? the kills should atleast give enough cruor and plates to help u break even lol. unless u mean u did break even around 40mil lol.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-14 18:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
how do u spend that much gil on dust and cells? the kills should atleast give enough cruor and plates to help u break even lol. unless u mean u did break even around 40mil lol.
Although it does come close to breaking even, it is still a valid argument for opertunity costs. You are spending hours breaking even as opposed to spending hours progressing. Well, I am, other people seem to have slightly better luck. w/e, its the same old "how are they so stupid" argument people always make. I'll look forward to getting my VW bodys in 2-3months when I can just buy them.

Edit: also, I wasn't saying that aimed at what you said, I was aiming it at the Dev post, I just noticed they are similar.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-14 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they make these NM's lowmannable(for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NM's that basically require 18 people to kill) with these changes, and also let us cap lights lowman ^_^

18-36 man content is 2004, this is 2012.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-14 18:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people use cruor to upgrade atmacites. I think I currently have 9k cruor. xD
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-14 18:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Hopefully they make these NM's lowmannable(for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NM's that basically require 18 people to kill) with these changes, and also let us cap lights lowman ^_^

18-36 man content is 2004, this is 2012.

all the city t4's can be done easily with 3-6 members(capping lights most of the time included), can 10-12 man most other ones as well.

Ramuh.Kailana said: »

A lot of people use cruor to upgrade atmacites. I think I currently have 9k cruor. xD

i personally dont understand how, not saying ppl who claim this are bullshitting, just that I havnt seen such bad luck 1st hand. did you start building ur stock on stones early? i have many atmas upgraded, buy only red cells and rarely buy dusts unless i see them cheap. my luck isnt the best but it all evens out, some nm I get the drops easy, others i dont clear til about 200 kills. still, my cruor stays going up and stones stay in stock. ive taken breaks from vw a few times for a week or two as well when ive hit strings of bad luck.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-14 18:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

all the city t4's can be done easily with 3-6 members(capping lights most of the time included), can 10-12 man most other ones as well.

I think you missed this part:
Quote:
(for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NM's that basically require 18 people to kill)
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-14 18:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Maybe, also, I wouldn't have seen my friend with no mage jobs go 2/3 on Heka's bodys while not trading cells when he came to one of my runs to get the win 3 weeks ago while I got my 300+th box of logs from Akvan.

Of your 300+ runs, how many were made exclusively of LS members and close friends, and how many contained /shout members to fill out the group?
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-14 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »

I think you missed this part:
Quote:
(for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NM's that basically require 18 people to kill)

well none of them require 18 lol, unless u mean pw? can do even the hard ones with 12 good players, easy with good players. by good i dont mean top notch geared players, just ones who dont suck and can think and react on their own. the others nm i was speaking of, u could prolly do with 12 including a few being carried. should be more specific of which ones u consider "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE".

people simply just dont try, most will take 18 ppl via shouts to go clear a city path lol.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-17 23:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

05-16-2012 08:35 PM
[source]
Mizuki Ito
Dev Team

Hello, Ito here!

I would like to reveal which adjustments (from the proposed adjustments in the previous post) we plan on implementing in the next update.

Please read through this when you have some time to spare, since it’s rather long.

• Objectives
    As stated in my previous post, the overall goal is to make the game easier to play. We are also focusing heavily on addressing some critical issues.
    We will add more ways to overcome situations such as:

“There are shouts for content, but I can’t participate because I haven’t progressed enough.”
    “I am trying everything I can, but I can’t defeat the enemy. Only if I had 1 or 2 more party members…”
    “I really want this item!”

caused by the following issues:
    -Players were late to participate in content during its peak time
    -Players are unable to log in during peak hours

• Apply the weakness system which is currently only used in the final chapter to all routes
    Based on feedback regarding the battle in the final chapter, we will apply the following adjustments to all routes.

1. Opponent’s attack/magic attack is reduced by triggering weakness
    2. Elimination/addition/consolidation of weaknesses triggers
    3. Change weakness triggers for jug pets and automatons to all special abilities.

※The 3rd category is currently not applied to the final chapter

• Ticket system for specific items
    Players are frustrated with the fact that players are unable to give away duplicate items to other players who want the item. As such, we have come up with a way to give players who were unable to obtain the item a better chance.

• Eligible items

Mextli Harness/Anhur Robe/Fazheluo Radiant Mail/Toci’s Harness/Heka’s Kalasiris/Mekira Meikogai/Murasamemaru/Aytanri/Ephemeron/Coruscanti/Asteria/Borealis/Delphinius

There are 2 reasons these items were chosen:
      1. All other gear items are relatively easy to obtain, so we would like players to obtain these items on their own.
      2. The more items that can be ticketed, the more inventory congestion becomes a problem.

• Ticketing

• Ticketing can only be performed when items are taken out of the personal treasure box
      • When ticketing occurs, the character who is ticketing is announced and the ticket goes to the loot pool

We separated tickets into different types to avoid players only farming areas with the easiest monsters to defeat or obtaining items from NMs that would not usually drop them.

Initially, we were considering allowing tickets to be traded or sold, but if this was implemented, tickets would be used for profit rather than to help other players. Since this does not fall in line with our original objective, in order to make it so tickets easily go to those players who really want an item and continuously participate, we have decided to allow only the members who participate in battle to transfer tickets.

To compensate, we were able to significantly reduce the number of necessary tickets to exchange for equipment and have set the number stated above.

Additionally, by having a the system announce that someone created a ticket, the player who created the ticket can then easily notify other members that they are free to lot on it or chose who to give it to.

In order to aid those players to get past portions of content they are stuck on and also to make it possible to take on these battles with fewer party members, we will be implementing the below.

• Enfeebling items can be purchase with gil.
    • Item purchases will be limited to a one-time use for a given period of time.
    • It will be possible to stack enfeeble items.
    • It will not be possible to trade enfeeble items to other players.
    • Enfeeble items need to be traded to the Planar Rift prior to Voidwatch battles and converted into a key item.
    • It will be possible to possess multiple key items.
    • Whether you want to enfeeble the monster will be selectable when spawning the monster.
    • If you choose to enfeeble the monster, the level of enfeebling can be selected.
    • Enfeebling reduces the level of the monster.
    • The amount of levels that can be lowered on a monster via key items will change based on zone.

We do not plan on making the cost for these enfeeble items extremely high. While it won’t be at a level of extreme ease either, we plan on making it somewhat in the middle.

There will also be limitations on the number purchasable in a given amount of time and though it will be slightly on the expensive side, there will not be any other different effects attributed to these items such as drop rate enhancements, etc.
    By using multiple enfeeble items at the same time, it will be possible to lower the level of the monster and it will be possible to defeat the earlier chapter monsters with less than a single party.

We’ve set the items in this way in order to prevent making it critical to have for battles and also to prevent extremely efficient parties from battling the same monsters over and over again.

The above are the plans and adjustment planned scheduled for next version update.

We will first be implementing this on the test server and then perform the actual version update.
After this is complete, we will continue to make adjustments based on play conditions and feedback.
Subscribe
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-17 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just put VW into Abyssea and be done with it already.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-17 23:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Ganesha's Mala where?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-17 23:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I know many players who were planning to quit VW and spend all their gil on these tickets... lol

Nope... SE wants you to still do VW to be able to obtain a ticket lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-17 23:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What the ***?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-17 23:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ticket system is a bigger joke than was originally described.
[+]
 Shiva.Azbarimon
Server: Shiva
user: azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 23:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so how is this going to stop ppl from dropping alliance and start another party with a potential buyer before they add it to the loot pool??
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-05-17 23:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For the love of god why can they not just let us add our loot to the treasure pool...
[+]
 Valefor.Raynor
Server: Valefor
user: Davey4Man
By Valefor.Raynor 2012-05-17 23:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually looking forward to the tickets, because even if people could sell them/bazaar them/whatever them... at least it would encourage people to participate in VW.

Really didn't care if it encouraged people to participate through selfish reasons to pad their own bank account.

Now you just have a feeble system that people who already have the drop will still not participate because it benefits them in no way to add a drop to the treasure pool for 17 ppl they don't know and don't care about.

This in no way will encourage people to do fights they have drops for already and help the limited amount of VW fights/shouts.

Kudos to SE for finally having a pretty good idea and turning it into whatever this pile of Tanaka-sh*t.
By Chyula 2012-05-17 23:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping Digging that hole Tanaka, you are doing a great job. Very soon you'll be out of a job because no one is left to paid your check.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4