[Dev] Voidwatch FC Adjustments
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-18 00:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Azbarimon said: »
so how is this going to stop ppl from dropping alliance and start another party with a potential buyer before they add it to the loot pool??

i was hoping to be able to do this, i rather not ticket an item than put it in a pool for the undeserving nubs to win.

we all seen it, always 4-5 noobs/slackers in every shout group that end up going to them most of the time.
 Valefor.Raynor
Server: Valefor
user: Davey4Man
By Valefor.Raynor 2012-05-18 00:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
i was hoping to be able to do this, i rather not ticket an item than put it in a pool for the undeserving nubs to win.

While I sorta agree that I'm happy you can at least attempt to redeem your reward for gil from a buyer or share it with a friend for free...

The only thing that could make the downtime in between voidwatch fights longer would be THIS amazing idea.

"Hang on guys, we have to split the alliance into like 6 sub groups, then put it back together again."

Brilliant.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-18 00:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the difference between allowing Tokens to be added to the loot pool, and just allowing us to put items in the loot pool? Probably about 20-100+ Runs. At least if they allowed the item to go to the loot pool you wouldn't have situations where people went 2/3 on a token and then got the body drop.

As others have said, allowing these items to appear in everyone's boxes with an increased frequency to the actual items, and allowing these items to be sold would have not only been a better option, but would have also resparked interest in the Voidwatch system. Sure, they'd be a little pricey, but the system they wish to implement is based on the assumption that A) We either have a linkshell with enough members that are willing to help / are competent enough to help B) PUGs are filled with people that already have the body.

This solves nothing. People will continue to go 0/absurd on items and as interest in voidwatch continues to dry up it'll become harder and harder to obtain items, and eventually become near impossible.

I would have preferred a universal token system, allowing a key item or token to appear in our chests, with a higher frequency on more difficult battles (such as Prov Watcher.) Most people have already experienced the content, making us repeat it isn't fun, or challenging, and with this token system getting older bodies is still incredibly annoying/rare. People don't really do Celaeno that much, and when they do they aren't going for the gun or the harp.

I don't see them letting you drop to sell/give to others, either. They specifically stated that they chose that system to ensure that only those that do the fight are eligible. I can see them either instantly distributing the token to the loot pool, or only allowing you to put something in the loot if all members have the Voidwalker status.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-05-18 00:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So you have to be rather lucky to get tickets given that someone with the item must receive it again and then you have to win the lot, what exactly does SE propose we do with the 2 tickets we already have when the RNG decides it's time to give us the actual item? The workings of this system seem to be to help the tiny cross section of people who are chronically unlucky with VW drops but miraculously lucky with lots.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-05-18 00:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

this is so stupid, what possible reason could there be for this stupid system.

Doesnt SE realize that if you dont have the body, you're going to take the body and not make a ticket. If you DO have the body you arent going to jump in the shout at all cause you already have what you need.

Is this really geared towards the players that get the body twice in one shout round?
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-18 00:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

as much as I want the ticket system, VW will die fast as everyone finishes their sets off nms; which is already happening.
By fyreus 2012-05-18 19:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh i'm hoping for the ability to lowman this. today some of thse cop vw are kicking our butts and it's impossible to spot a cop vw shout especially since our abj and abj synths are in it. Thanks to that, the AH is a bit empty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2012-05-18 20:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

way to go se, gave away a chance for ppl to make gil doing vw
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-05-18 20:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

whelp, now my RDM BLM NIN will be forevar useless as of next update :| i will FINALLY get my VW bodies...at the price of 5mil...cause we know how much people are going to skyrocket those prices up....

why we cant have nice things?
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-18 21:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's official, SE is trolling all of us.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-05-18 21:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
The ultimate troll will be when they release that FFXIV is actually a test server for XI....
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-18 21:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's... absolutely awful. It's arguably more difficult to get 3 tickets than it would be to get the drop yourself.

Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
The ultimate troll will be when they release that FFXI is actually a test server for XIV....

ftfy
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-18 21:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rancor said: »
as much as I want the ticket system, VW will die fast as everyone finishes their sets off nms; which is already happening.

yeah, VW shouts died on shiva a while back, not sure about now cuz I havent played in a while. But this ticket system doesn't seem very beneficial. I already have Toci's..and dont rly care about any of those other listed bodies. Combine that with how SE basically handed everyone NI 100 pieces, did they just kill another event? lol
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-18 21:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much
They were gambling the 1500 heavy metal plates would keep VW around. As well as the other unknown magian items I sell for 1 gil that no one buys.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-18 22:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess tickets are better than logs. I hate VW. Sadly I guess I will go back to Abby. At least I get better stuff there.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-18 22:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe I just read that entire thing and still don't understand what the *** is going on.

There needs to be a word for when you offer to do something nice to improve the quality of someone's life but then it just makes it more frustrating/difficult. Tanaka-ing?
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-05-18 22:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they are trying so hard to stop people from profiting off the tickets. It's still going to happen regardless of not being able to bazaar and/or AH them. Why make it harder when you can just invite outside people who will buy them?

Or will they make it to where outside people will not be eligible to lot?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-18 22:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Only those who fight I think??
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-18 22:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch.

It's over.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-05-18 22:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess people will pay for lotting rights then.

<Toci's Harness> <Do you need it?> 10M </tell>
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-18 22:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay 10m for Rubeus Boots.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-18 22:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »

This is exactly what I was worried about reading it.

PUGs are getting harder and harder even before D3 came out, I'm worried now I'll *** never get a Toci's.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-05-18 22:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

It's too bad Rubeus set is not on their list of ticket rewards. Unless they decide to add more to the list.
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2012-05-18 23:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad Rubeus set is not on their list of ticket rewards. Unless they decide to add more to the list.

Why would they, they're to easy to get :/....... Damn SE
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-05-19 00:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

This is exactly what I was worried about reading it.

PUGs are getting harder and harder even before D3 came out, I'm worried now I'll *** never get a Toci's.
Activity is that slow on your server? On Asura there's shout for pil x6 to x12 daily... Not like he's hard now, if you don't see a shout lead one yourself. :/
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I've dropped them about 3x....but my mule whm sch can't get.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so how is this going to stop ppl from dropping alliance and start another party with a potential buyer before they add it to the loot pool??

we all seen it, always 4-5 noobs/slackers in every shout group that end up going to them most of the time.
It's called karma. You never keep your mouth shut in groups. Atleast when others talk, they have a tone that says "I'm trying to be nice". You, you're just rude. You snaped at me for doing tacts/chaos in a struggling group lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 00:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
lol I've dropped them about 3x....but my mule whm sch can't get.

Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-19 00:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »

It's called karma. You never keep your mouth shut in groups. Atleast when others talk, they have a tone that says "I'm trying to be nice". You, you're just rude. You snaped at me for doing tacts/chaos in a struggling group lol.

prolly my bad for having a short temper with u, sorry. i was just already annoyed by everyone bitching about inviting you in the 1st place.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sylow. I know :( And noone likes that damn fairy too. Stripping your armor and ***from like 25 yalms away is annoiying.