Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Shiva.Azbarimon said: »
so how is this going to stop ppl from dropping alliance and start another party with a potential buyer before they add it to the loot pool??

i was hoping to be able to do this, i rather not ticket an item than put it in a pool for the undeserving nubs to win.

we all seen it, always 4-5 noobs/slackers in every shout group that end up going to them most of the time.
It's called karma. You never keep your mouth shut in groups. Atleast when others talk, they have a tone that says "I'm trying to be nice". You, you're just rude. You snaped at me for doing tacts/chaos in a struggling group lol.

prolly my bad for having a short temper with u, sorry. i was just already annoyed by everyone bitching about inviting you in the 1st place.
Ya because I'm such a hooooorrriiible person because I actually help others out. And I accept criticism and I'm a kind natured person. I should totally not be invited to events. SOrry I don't sit on this game 15 hours a day getting pissed if someone else gets something that you apparently cannot.
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-19 00:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sylow. I know :( And noone likes that damn fairy too. Stripping your armor and ***from like 25 yalms away is annoiying.

20* yalms, and its a very easy fight with 1 decent stunner with gear and marches.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sylow. I know :( And noone likes that damn fairy too. Stripping your armor and ***from like 25 yalms away is annoiying.

20* yalms, and its a very easy fight with 1 decent stunner with gear and marches.
Like you said asshat "each group has atleast 4-5 noobs".
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-19 00:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Like you said asshat "each group has atleast 4-5 noobs".

sorry to hear that :x prolly cuz all the good groups stoped inviting you because of your reputation for being one of those 4-5 noobs.

on that note it prolly is asshatish of me even responding to ur bitterness. im done feeding into it.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-19 00:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even check me ingame lol? I'm one of the few in all the damn groups that uses my temps properly and has proper gear lol. Idk where I come off as a noob lol. I don't die 15x on 1 ocythoe lol. Saying that I'm not competent makes you a moron, because you're constantly on the ground. Amazing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-05-19 01:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even check me ingame lol? I'm one of the few in all the damn groups that uses my temps properly and has proper gear lol. Idk where I come off as a noob lol. I don't die 15x on 1 ocythoe lol. Saying that I'm not competent makes you a moron, because you're constantly on the ground. Amazing.
rofl.... I see Bungie is still making frens
 Ragnarok.Amonk
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2012-05-19 03:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I monitor the news to see whether I should come back to the game. It's things like "lets take a simple idea like adding gear to the pool, and make it way more complicated and convoluted than it needs to be!" that keeps me from pulling out my wallet any more.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-19 03:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said: »
I monitor the news to see whether I should come back to the game.

Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-05-19 03:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you *** kidding me? Making what i thought was going to be a relatively nice (albeit, long overdue) idea of the ticket system and instead turning it into a *** pain-in-the-*** loot pool deal is a joke, a goddamn joke...i may just quit this game for good and stay on D3, this is beyond ridiculous, i no longer care about the ticket system...w2g SE, you never fail to disappoint.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-05-19 05:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
Are you *** kidding me? Making what i thought was going to be a relatively nice (albeit, long overdue) idea of the ticket system and instead turning it into a *** pain-in-the-*** loot pool deal is a joke, a goddamn joke...i may just quit this game for good and stay on D3, this is beyond ridiculous, i no longer care about the ticket system...w2g SE, you never fail to disappoint.

If the ticket system bothers you that much then it's best you stay away, lol. However, isn't D3 supposed to implement a real money AH? I don't know how I feel about that... I'd rather pay pixel money for more pixels instead of my gas money.

inb4 rmts gil buyers
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-19 06:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The RMT AH is completely optional... there's a regular gold based one too, and tbh I don't see an incredible need to use the AH in Diablo to begin with unless you're selling things yourself.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-05-19 06:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The RMT AH is completely optional... there's a regular gold based one too, and tbh I don't see an incredible need to use the AH in Diablo to begin with unless you're selling things yourself.

that's cool I didn't know there was an option. Interesting that people have the option to make money and its not against their ToS. Wonder how much cash I'd make if i could sell FF stuff (items not gil or accounts).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-19 06:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Relatively certain that people sell, or used to sell, high ticket items for irl money.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-19 06:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already easy to make a pack of gil from VW >.>... Cruor/Qilin your best friend.
 Asura.Miyara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2012-05-19 18:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't really be stupid enough to think that these tickets WON'T be sold for gil....
 Bahamut.Yeffebel
user: Yeffebel
By Bahamut.Yeffebel 2012-05-19 18:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All this will do is add even more time between pops now. Someone gets a 2nd body, now they have to let their buddies know so they wait a few mins to even make a ticket. Now ticket is in pool and just matter of booting people to get buddy into allaince to lot on ticket.

The other issue with nontranferable tickets, what happens to the person who's colleted 2/3 and gets the body themselves? They take body and dump tickets, ya this system is just horrible.
By Applebottoms101 2012-05-19 18:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This idea.. could use some work...

I've only started Voidwatch recently and have been spamming Akvan/Celaeno to try for the robes..

Mostly the same people I go with and I'm 0/40 on Celaeno and 0/57 on Akvan.. and I know a lot of people who are worse off..

Maybe it's dependant on servers but people shout here on Valefor all the time.. But I totally understand the anger doing 16 runs in one night and seeing 3 people do it once and get the body you need ><

Ticket system sounds nice in theory.. again.. needs some work.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-21 20:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

05-21-2012 02:10 PM
[source]
Mizuki Ito
Dev Team

Thanks for all of your feedback on the ticket system. I’d like to give some follow-up information regarding this. (I’ve actually been discussing this in meetings.)

After looking into the specifications for this ticket system, as a result of continuous experimenting and testing while working on the feature for placing tickets into the treasure chest, we reached a conclusion that there would be a chance that a market tickets would develop even if it wasn’t possible to trade them and regardless of what system was adopted.

With this said, there is no meaning behind making them untradeable.

I believe there are pros and cons for both sides, but I am thinking that the best result would be to relegate this to you all and change it to a system where there is higher chance to help others and still make it so you can give tickets to others free of charge.

However, by making the tickets tradable, we will be changing the system so that more tickets are required to obtain equipment. It will also be necessary to fight the monster that drops the equipment and receive the title for defeat.

The below are the planned changes:

• Tickets will be made tradable.

• Two requirements will need to be fulfilled in order to exchange tickets for equipment.

• Must possess 5 of the same type of ticket.
      (As we are currently revisiting this, there is a possibility that this number changes.)
    • Must have the title proving defeat of the monster that drops the respective piece of equipment.

We also received a lot of feedback regarding the possibility of having a different item be created when you change a piece of equipment into a ticket.

This is a nice idea for both the ticket giver and the receiver creating a win-win situation, but since we ultimately decided to make tickets tradable, we felt that even without this idea the tickets will find their way to those who want them, so we decided to put this off for now.
Subscribe
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-05-21 20:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as tickets are forcibly put into the pool, it's a terrible idea.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-21 20:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
Why would they still be put into the pool now that they are tradable?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-21 20:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, a lot of profit to be had here.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-21 20:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really simple how this should work...

When the chest pops and it generates something the player has then it places a ticket in that place. The ticket should be bazaarable and tradable. I do like the idea of needing the title, though that forces you to get VW clears right?

As an added idea, I think one should be able to trade a piece of gear in for a ticket. Say you have one but it's on a mule or you just plain don't need it and don't want to clog your inventory up with 150 different VW items just so you can help someone out later... If you can just trade it, then you can save your inventory and help others, or yourself if you'd like to sell tickets.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-05-21 23:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like they addressed a couple of the issues people raised with incentive and wasting of tickets. Looks more simple and streamlined.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-05-22 00:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"we know that a market will arise from these items, so we made it 5 instead of 3"

._.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-22 00:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds way better than the first idea.

With the first idea, instead of *random person wearing nq af3* going 1/1 on body, he'd be the one winning lots on the paper you put in pool hoping your buddy would win.

Sometimes I wonder if the dev team plays this game at all.. like, ever.

Should also help vw groups take off a little more, as there's quite a bit of profit to be made by people who have drops already and otherwise had no reason to go anymore.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-22 01:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Best that they did change it to tradeable, you really think SE that people were not going to sell the tickets any way?

/p Ok I got a ticket for hekas that I can give to some one, 1mil for the ticket any takers?

Now its bazaar 1mil ticket afk port jueno same difference.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-22 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to step on any toes, but you people who are complaining about tickets potentially being very expensive to obtain realize that paying even 30m for a guaranteed Toci's would be more attractive to many players than going 0/250 in pick-up groups? People have been asking for this fix for a long time, and this is the best offer SE has made to fix voidwatch so far. I'm happy with it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-22 01:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Best that they did change it to tradeable, you really think SE that people were not going to sell the tickets any way?

/p Ok I got a ticket for hekas that I can give to some one, 1mil for the ticket any takers?

Now its bazaar 1mil ticket afk port jueno same difference.

i dont see a problem here. Other than 1m is too low.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-22 02:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not suggesting there is a problem,

SE said it would be a problem people selling them.... I am simply pointing out people WILL still have sold them by one means or another. So making them able to be traded just makes sense.

1 mil is probably too low your right depending on number of tickets required.

If you look at HQ versions of the crafted items being anything between 5-8mil (on my server any way) I personally put a value on these about 15 mil being realistic.

However people im sure with oooooooodles of gil will pay 30 mil but I don't think 15 mil is too far fetched. If they increase the number of tickets "which they said they might" It could mean maybe 2-3mil per ticket??

Just throwing this out there obviously people will maybe think im talking rubbish and value these at 50 mil... each to their own.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-05-24 11:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Why would they still be put into the pool now that they are tradable?

I'm just taking what they say at face value. Obviously I'd prefer if they didn't get put into pool, but they only stated two changes to the original proposal, and neither of them mentioned not putting it into the pool.

So... Thoughts on which piece will sell for the most?