Best DD In Voidwatch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Best DD in Voidwatch?
Best DD in Voidwatch?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
lold
How are his views on BLM and RNG laughable?
Granted, if we're talking about Gandiva RNGs, then I can see your point, but the better weapons are Armageddon/Annihilator anyways.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-08 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
lold
How are his views on BLM and RNG laughable?
Granted, if we're talking about Gandiva RNGs, then I can see your point, but the better weapons are Armageddon/Annihilator anyways.
uhhh look what i bolded?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 15:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I see your point.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-10-08 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The only discrepancy I see in that post is that BLM is "good".

BLM is a staple Voidwatch class whereas SAM is pretty worthless given the lack of unique procs and damage being able to be covered by so many other classes.

If I had to choose between a DRK and a SAM of equal skill, the DRK will take the slot every time.

There is no "best" DD in Voidwatch because all that matters is hitting procs so you can wind up with Oak Logs.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-10-08 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Asura.Eddrok said: »
Hey... just started doing voidwatch and wondering what best DD is any ideas...thanks :-)

Any DD can be effective in Voidwatch, assuming the player understands hate management, and is knowledgeable about each NM's strengths/weaknesses/TP attacks, etc.

DRK is nice to have for multiple !! proc weapons, plus the ability to Stun. RNG is generally good since RNG can keep its' distance from nasty AOE attacks. Only problem is some Voidwatch NM's are particularly evasive against ranged attacks, and if your RNG is dumb and/or doesn't manage his/her hate well, s/he might MPK your mages/support.

BLM is usually good, too. SAM is nice to have since SAM can generate TP easily without having to engage/melee the NM.
lold

Okay Skadouche, since you're so sassy and sharp today, I'll break this down better for you:
There is no "BEST DD" for Voidwatch. Voidwatch is not Abyssea. Certain jobs work better than others, and I highlighted those jobs. I'll never understand the community's obsession with defining the "best" job for any given event or task. The "best" DD for anything will always be the player who understands his/her job's role the best, and uses his/her skills to improve damage on the NM without burdening his/her alliance too much. Trying to define the "best" DD based solely on the job, and not taking into account the players' experience/skills/equipment, is just stupid.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and it's going to get even better with the Helixes
(not saying helixes will be useful for damage, but for procs)
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-08 15:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay Skadouche, since you're so sassy and sharp today, I'll break this down better for you:
There is no "BEST DD" for Voidwatch. Voidwatch is not Abyssea. Certain jobs work better than others, and I highlighted those jobs. I'll never understand the community's obsession with defining the "best" job for any given event or task. The "best" DD for anything will always be the player who understands his/her job's role the best, and uses his/her skills to improve damage on the NM without burdening his/her alliance too much. Trying to define the "best" DD based solely on the job, and not taking into account the players' experience/skills/equipment, is just stupid.
blanket statements ftw. just saying that noting what DDs work, and what DDs are best, are very very different concepts(assuming everyone is well geared, not sure what kind of players you associate with)
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-08 16:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When we talk about "best" we mean all players are equally equipped and skilled, and mathematically one job will be the best in given situations. Party setup may affect it, but other then that there got to be the most optimal job in terms of dealing dmg in given situations.

Also for those with multiple jobs leveled, it also helped with deciding which job to bring etc.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-08 16:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR just ends up dead. Not sure why it would be considered even a good DD. It's probably one of the worst. Also, lolukon is not impressive at all outside abyssea, sorry.

Jobs that can divert or rid themselves of enmity are generally the best in VW: RNG, BLM, SMN, DRG. Other DDs are usually /THF.

There are no mobs that are evasive specifically toward ranged attacks... not sure what you're talking about there. I use red curry all the time, except on Lord Asag.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-08 16:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are Proc'ing on a regular basis (a good group should be) then DD will have access to Fanatic's a great majority of the fight allowing them to DD to their hearts content with very little danger.

WAR does lose alot of ground outside of abyssea but that still does not take it away from being top tier. DRK/SAM/WAR are all very close in damage outside of abyssea when used properly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2011-10-08 16:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
If you are Proc'ing on a regular basis (a good group should be) then DD will have access to Fanatic's a great majority of the fight allowing them to DD to their hearts content with very little danger. WAR does lose alot of ground outside of abyssea but that still does not take it away from being top tier. DRK/SAM/WAR are all very close in damage outside of abyssea when used properly.

This, very much so.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-08 16:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The only discrepancy I see in that post is that BLM is "good". BLM is a staple Voidwatch class whereas SAM is pretty worthless given the lack of unique procs and damage being able to be covered by so many other classes. If I had to choose between a DRK and a SAM of equal skill, the DRK will take the slot every time. There is no "best" DD in Voidwatch because all that matters is hitting procs so you can wind up with Oak Logs.

100% disagree. Esp with the new content, a single SAM/THF can shave off 30-80% of the mobs health. Between Sekk,med,wings a SAM should have 100+ TP every minute. Can stay out of range of AoE,aga etc and can TA for to control hate. On Kaggen (heavy -pdt mob) I SA+Fudo for 2k+. Thats 2k+ every minute, plus zerg damage, plus random melee swings here and there, all while helping control hate.

Best DDs - BLM,RNG,SMN,SAM,COR
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-08 17:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
WAR just ends up dead. Not sure why it would be considered even a good DD. It's probably one of the worst. Also, lolukon is not impressive at all outside abyssea, sorry.

Jobs that can divert or rid themselves of enmity are generally the best in VW: RNG, BLM, SMN, DRG. Other DDs are usually /THF.

There are no mobs that are evasive specifically toward ranged attacks... not sure what you're talking about there. I use red curry all the time, except on Lord Asag.

loldrg
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-08 17:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess throwing out Ukko's every 5s and being able to cover a wide range of proc beforehand is not good :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-08 18:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I guess throwing out Ukko's every 5s and being able to cover a wide range of proc beforehand is not good :/
That guy probably plays with crappy wars.
By Entourage 2011-10-08 18:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

apparently "WARs just end up dead"

edit: and if ukon doesn't impress you outside abyssea what does? lol
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-08 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you have anything but DNC in your group to begin with?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-10-08 19:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Ukon WARs are garbage, as most WARs overall. Luckily i have 2 of the best in my LS :) aka not the "Oh i don't need a PDT set cause i can seigan/TE" ppls. Basically Iron/Dajo spam ukkos and i just swat away with excalibur trying to keep hate capped which is pain with 2 WARs poppin off 3k Ukkos on average on VWNM every few seconds, pretty much i just hold if we still need to cap Red/Blue and let excalibur DD.
 Valefor.Kungg
Server: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-10-08 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Is this some sort of a sick joke?
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Most Ukon WARs are garbage, as most WARs overall. Luckily i have 2 of the best in my LS :) aka not the "Oh i don't need a PDT set cause i can seigan/TE" ppls. Basically Iron/Dajo spam ukkos and i just swat away with excalibur trying to keep hate capped which is pain with 2 WARs poppin off 3k Ukkos on average on VWNM every few seconds, pretty much i just hold if we still need to cap Red/Blue and let excalibur DD.

mr 500dmg ukkos on Tiamat!?
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-08 21:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »

That's not nice :/
 Asura.Revear
user: Datian
By Asura.Revear 2011-10-08 21:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait Natenn you upgraded to pc yet or ps2 still?
[+]
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 21:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »

the world isn't nice ;/
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-08 21:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

the world isn't nice ;/
Neither is Nidhogg.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-10-08 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh asura.
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-08 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »

the world isn't nice ;/
Neither is Nidhogg.
At least Nidhogg does decent dmg tho ; ;
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 21:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dem hax breath0rz be hurtin
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-08 21:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

deh hax breath0rz be hurtin
They do over 500dmg ?
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 21:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

deh hax breath0rz be hurtin
They do over 500dmg ?

fo sure, liek, x4 of thaaaat
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-08 21:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something 5.5k something something ws can whiff something something.