Best DD In Voidwatch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Best DD in Voidwatch?
Best DD in Voidwatch?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-05 14:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Speaking in regard to the tangent a few of us went on.

For full-alliance VW, it doesn't matter in the slightest. You'll have most jobs because of procs, and everyone deals fine damage when they have a fanatic's on.

This is perhaps the most intelligent and informed thing anyone has ever said about Voidwatch on these forums ever.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-05 19:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i prefer yoichi rng/sam, but sam/war, while still spamming namas arrows is also incredible, and will likely become my preferred choice soon (ofc im implying cor rolls/atmacite and all for a 1hit~)
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-10-07 10:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU absolutely has the best DMG:enmity
No, that would be SMN. Sorry, I'm sure BLU does a lot of damage for the enmity they pull, but SMN is impossible to compete with in terms of DMG:enmity. As long as the enmity from damage you deal goes to you, no matter how much you can reduce that enmity, you will not beat SMN.

I've found SMN to be an exceptional DD in Voidwatch. In fact, it's the only way we've been able to kill the Jeuno T3's within the time limit. Any other job just ends up double weakened. SMN does about 1.5k damage every 45 seconds endlessly. That's 60,000 damage over the course of 30 minutes, completely hate-free.

It's actually not at all uncommon for my avatars to end up tanking as well. Lots of Voidwatch NMs have instant-kill abilities, and it's possible to lose all your tanks and have to kite around for a bit. SMN is extremely useful for that. That happens a lot on Moira & Akvan, for example.

I think SMN is definitely the best DD in Voidwatch right now. However, that doesn't mean you can neglect others, because you still need triggers.
By Entourage 2011-10-07 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

there's 3:

Warrior: best front line DD by far. Can tank Kaggen pretty easily while abusing retaliation and still putting up much better numbers than a SAM or MNK (first hand experience - Ukon vs Masa/Vereth). I'm Warrior for 95% of voidwatch

Ranger: probably #1 overall, very safe physical damage from afar. No fear of getting weakened really, and weakness will kill your overall damage (can be the problem with an untimely death on WAR)

Summoner: Can attempt to stall if needed, ability to have elemental advantage, consistent (albeit lower than a RNG or WAR) hate free damage
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-10-07 11:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said: »
there's 3:

Warrior: best front line DD by far. Can tank Kaggen pretty easily while abusing retaliation and still putting up much better numbers than a SAM or MNK (first hand experience - Ukon vs Masa/Vereth). I'm Warrior for 95% of voidwatch

Ranger: probably #1 overall, very safe physical damage from afar. No fear of getting weakened really, and weakness will kill your overall damage (can be the problem with an untimely death on WAR)

Summoner: Can attempt to stall if needed, ability to have elemental advantage, consistent (albeit lower than a RNG or WAR) hate free damage

This 1mil times, Armageddon or Annihilator prefered for the Rng, Followed by Yochi, Gandiva is useless with its spike / emnity sadly
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-10-07 11:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Matix said: »
i prefer yoichi rng/sam, but sam/war, while still spamming namas arrows is also incredible, and will likely become my preferred choice soon (ofc im implying cor rolls/atmacite and all for a 1hit~)

Its a 2hit because you WS then attack this 2 hits. Also even with 20 Save tp 11 corsairs and some incredible STP gear your still besting a 3 hit. or of course one double attack attack round.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-10-07 11:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

war/sam
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-07 12:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashman
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
Server: Fenrir
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-10-07 12:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja.
By Entourage 2011-10-07 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaioshin said: »
Ninja.

good joke
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-07 13:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. Killshot means you dealt the most damage, and we all know Mijin Gakure kills are the most common.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-07 13:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
No, that would be SMN. Sorry, I'm sure BLU does a lot of damage for the enmity they pull, but SMN is impossible to compete with in terms of DMG:enmity. As long as the enmity from damage you deal goes to you, no matter how much you can reduce that enmity, you will not beat SMN.

I've found SMN to be an exceptional DD in Voidwatch. In fact, it's the only way we've been able to kill the Jeuno T3's within the time limit. Any other job just ends up double weakened. SMN does about 1.5k damage every 45 seconds endlessly. That's 60,000 damage over the course of 30 minutes, completely hate-free.

It's actually not at all uncommon for my avatars to end up tanking as well. Lots of Voidwatch NMs have instant-kill abilities, and it's possible to lose all your tanks and have to kite around for a bit. SMN is extremely useful for that. That happens a lot on Moira & Akvan, for example.

I think SMN is definitely the best DD in Voidwatch right now. However, that doesn't mean you can neglect others, because you still need triggers.

Summoning an avatar alone is 90 Regurgitation casts worth the CE.

And BLM is still very capable of dealing more damage than a SMN. You've just got to be able to keep track of your VE decay. Have your BLM sub DRG and Make your THF do something other than stand there, and BLM wins be a landslide.
[+]
 Asura.Flowooo
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2011-10-08 06:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

By far PUP. Doing over 5k dmg a minute to jeuno T2 NM, hatefree.

activate->ice, ice-> 2k+ Thunder V
water->ice, ice, ice ->3k Thunder V
Deactivate, repeat.

No hate worries. Also deploy, retrieve + spell can give 3 trigger hints.

This outdmg's most smn, and definatly blm. Second nuke often gives pet hate, deactivate fixes it instantly, and has u ready to nuke again.

downside though... automatons can't hold an nm like a few smn's can, like Pergatory said,.. automatons are too squishy.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-08 06:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we can all agree that it's rdm.

Melee rdm obviously.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-08 06:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said: »
there's 3:

This 1mil times, Armageddon or Annihilator prefered for the Rng, Followed by Yochi, Gandiva is useless with its spike / emnity sadly

Armageddon -> Yoichi?
I know wildfire gives less hate than normal weaponskills, but is it really less than namas?
Or is it because of lower xhit builds that overall ends up giving less hate?
I can't remember seeing any tests on wildfire, except a few early ones that concluded with: Barely any -enm on the ws
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-08 07:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Its a 2hit because you WS then attack this 2 hits. Also even with 20 Save tp 11 corsairs and some incredible STP gear your still besting a 3 hit. or of course one double attack attack round.

my plan more had me relying on using regain to bridge that gap instead of shooting, since im trying to avoid getting hate from /ra's since its alot more than id get from namas. being sam main would have me oozing extra tp whist still being able to crank out namas' with minimal use of /ra

someone just asked if WF is less than namas, my friend who plays on WF cor told me that it is no where near as low as namas enmity, you will have me spamming namas(with a 2 hit on rng/sam ;3!) but ill take every opportunity i get to use med/sekka anything to avoid doing something not namas to keep my hate down; i should also mention i spam the ***out of gnogstic, and usually decoy my friend regardless of his job :<, usualy see the cor get hate before me, especialyl if hes being aggressive, and thats the thing, theres no holding back whatsoever, at anytime, on namas/coro rng. in the midst of spamming nearly endless(when i say endless, i mean i was getting back 100tp so fast i didn't bother shooting ws's with the help of temps/cor rolls/meditate/atmacites, i hit qilin for 8082 barrage yesterday and did not even get hate at all the rest of the fight, and that was around the 20sometihng % mark, i don't know how WF rng or cor would get ahead of yoichi except on the physical resistant ones(uptala WF was beast!) and if referring to enmity/long run, never...
 Ragnarok.Lugat
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-08 07:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok Dark knight will do the most dmg for a melee with a stagger up if thats what this is about <.< and if he can be kept alive is the best flat out DPS you can get
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 08:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

there's 3: Warrior: best front line DD by far. Can tank Kaggen pretty easily while abusing retaliation and still putting up much better numbers than a SAM or MNK (first hand experience - Ukon vs Masa/Vereth). I'm Warrior for 95% of voidwatch Ranger: probably #1 overall, very safe physical damage from afar. No fear of getting weakened really, and weakness will kill your overall damage (can be the problem with an untimely death on WAR) Summoner: Can attempt to stall if needed, ability to have elemental advantage, consistent (albeit lower than a RNG or WAR) hate free damage

I call ***
By Entourage 2011-10-08 10:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

nah it's not too bad, Kaggen himself isn't very threatening. use fanatics whenever you can, if fanatics is down tp in full pdt (retaliation makes up for your tp loss). He needs consistent damage on him so idk how you intend to kill him efficiently without a WAR or comparable DD tanking him. 1 WHM is enough to keep the WAR alive.

I died last time i fought Kaggen at 19% but that was purely because the WHM that was supposed to be covering me was solely using cure3/4 despite having full MP. "oh you have 1000/1900 HP? here's a cure4" makes me rage a little lol
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that mantis was pretty badass in the test server lol
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-10-08 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

mantis is actually pretty weak :( lol
By Entourage 2011-10-08 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

well the problem people had on the test server is they couldn't get it's HP down quickly, which if not done right is a very realistic problem. The first few times we did it with a PLD tanking and people running in to WS on procs left us timing out with 3-10% HP left. We adjusted to having me (or someone else if I wasn't there) to full time DD tank it and it went down in 20 minutes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-08 11:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The BLU should be doing 2-3 Regurgitations in the time it takes your Blood Pact timer to recharge, closes the damage gap up a bit but not entirely. Regurgitation provides 1CE and 640VE per cast every time, no matter what. Add 1CE and 300VE if stacking with Burst Affinity.

When you summon an avatar you receive 90CE and 300VE, behind by 88-89 CE.

Depending on monster resistances, level and INT, assuming average nuking gear for the BLU and casting from behind the mob, Regurgitation's base, unresisted damage is 773, 904 with Burst Affinity. Logical to assume most NMs will have a native magic resistance however. Even assuming a 15% reduction in magic damage (complete fabrication, will vary from mob to mob), the BLU should be putting out 1974 damage for every blood pact that you're capable of firing off without even factoring in Burst Affinity.

What kills it for BLU is the fact that we have to wait 60 seconds every time we want to proc with another element.

Edit: It'd actually be more damage, I neglected to add Neptune's Staff for the damage calculation, derp. In any case, even cranking monster level up to 110 and INT to 90(again, complete fabrication) yielded over 950 with Burst Affinity.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 11:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so these nms are easier than anything level 75, huh.
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM tear thru kaggen easily, we jus had a pld to hold while procs, after that had 3 blm (decent blm) acetics+fana destroy it, DD onit seemed meh, still tho, his atks seemed nasty, esp w/ def down aura.. I'm assuming you had fana drink refreshed in a consistant manor otherwise.. I don't see it
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-08 12:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Addition because I'm very bored.

Lv95BLU, 130INT, 110MND, 86MAB, Neptune's Staff; suboptimal nuking set

Lv115 NM, 110INT, 25% Magic Damage Reduction (will vary etc, 25 is fair middle ground); probably overshooting level and/or INT in most cases

no BA: 595

BA: 717

2-3 casts between blood pacts from the SMN, 1785 not counting a Burst Affinity shot every 2-3 BPs.

No one cares etc. etc., BLU isn't close to the best DD for voidwatch, but it is by far the most effective in terms of enmity:damage out of any job there is.
By Entourage 2011-10-08 12:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
BLM tear thru kaggen easily, we jus had a pld to hold while procs, after that had 3 blm (decent blm) acetics+fana destroy it, DD onit seemed meh, still tho, his atks seemed nasty, esp w/ def down aura.. I'm assuming you had fana drink refreshed in a consistant manor otherwise.. I don't see it

don't underestimate PDT tanking with any job. it's really not threatening. Fanatics just let's you go all out with standard haste/atk tp sets. Having a DD on it doing the majority of the damage gives a lot of safety to everyone else as well, something BLMs as main DD doesn't give.

edit: BLMs are good DD, but usually they're caught up with proccing, unless you have 3+. Having a WAR doing nothing but killing is a good separation of job duties. If GAX comes up as a proc its easy to do while killing
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM or SMN on kaggen will likely be your main DD, I'm sure you've noticed his phyical defense, imo I think PLD would work better but if that works too guess that's cool
By Entourage 2011-10-08 12:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it takes multiple mages (smn/blm etc) to do what one WAR can do. Kaggen's defense doesn't prevent Ukko's up to the 4k range. Not saying this is the only way to do Kaggen, SMN/BLM route definitely works... but if you want to go a DD route it's not impossible. This is in response to your "I call ***" comment
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

]it takes multiple mages (smn/blm etc)[/b] to do what one WAR can do. Kaggen's defense doesn't prevent Ukko's up to the 4k range. Not saying this is the only way to do Kaggen, SMN/BLM route definitely works... but if you want to go a DD route it's not impossible. This is in response to your "I call ***" comment

not only do I not think you could ukkos that high on Kaggen, coming out of your fulltime turtle could get you killed assuming your ukkos weren't while proc'd, he really is quite painful with that def down aura, on a DD with no PDT, or even PDT. As for 1 Ukko WAR>multi mages on atleast kaggen, nonsense