Best DD In Voidwatch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Best DD in Voidwatch?
Best DD in Voidwatch?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Entourage 2011-10-08 12:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to believe you're terrible at understanding what a good UkonWAR can do

if you haven't tried what I'm saying first hand then stop now.
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy to bs on the internet ;(

how about some SS's, atleast
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

oh btw I did a 20k Thunder V on Kaggen
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-10-08 12:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
You're an Elvaan BLM, you would be lucky to break 1k, just sayin'
By Entourage 2011-10-08 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

who are you Xque? No wait nvm I don't care. lolValefor

I think a lot of people on my server can vouch for what I'm saying by watching me do it first hand. Can't say I screenshot all my voidwatch activities. I may have some but I'm at work currently
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 12:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dtroyy said: »
Starkzz said: »
You're an Elvaan BLM, you would be lucky to break 1k, just sayin'

fu son!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-08 12:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said: »
I think a lot of people on my server can vouch for what I'm saying by watching me do it first hand
He's famous, you jelly?
[+]
By Entourage 2011-10-08 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm providing constructive discussion, trolls will troll
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's one thing that baffles me.

What the hell?
edit: p.s the "makes you wonder if VSmite will keep up" bs is getting old.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-10-08 13:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
There's one thing that baffles me. What the hell? edit: p.s the "makes you wonder if VSmite will keep up" bs is getting old.
Clearly shopped, Ukko's onry
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

who are you Xque? No wait nvm I don't care. lolValefor I think a lot of people on my server can vouch for what I'm saying by watching me do it first hand. Can't say I screenshot all my voidwatch activities. I may have some but I'm at work currently

pretty sure I'd SS a 4k Ukko on a T3, Kaggen esp.
Entourage said:
I'm providing constructive discussion, trolls will troll
likely hood of you bs'ing is high, imo you're just as bad.

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
There's one thing that baffles me. What the hell? edit: p.s the "makes you wonder if VSmite will keep up" bs is getting old.
-most- likely MNK/THF w/ all DD meds up, songs etc
By Entourage 2011-10-08 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

cynics, the lot of you

edit: oh and I like your 31% haste tp set you got showing. /sarcasm

double edit: oh and maybe you can accurately talk about what Ukko's Fury can and cannot do on Kaggen when you upgrade that Bonesplitter of yours to 90 Ukon.
[+]
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

?
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

guess you're refering to my blu tp set, if so, you makin' ya self look like a fool
By Entourage 2011-10-08 13:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

clearly your WAR tp set showing on your profile. unless you just wanted to show off bullwhip belt and dusk+1... which is possible from your recent purchase of a NQ grim cuirass loll. YOU'RE SO PRO
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

your lolin' at a job I barely consider serious for me. Nice one mate.

Also, the bullwhip only haste belt I was able to get out, goading was in storage and could'nt be fked to get it just for doin sum GA trials
By Entourage 2011-10-08 13:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

my statement is still valid: comment on Ukkos when you have Ukkos
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

clearly your WAR tp set showing on your profile. unless you just wanted to show off bullwhip belt and dusk+1... which is possible from your recent purchase of a NQ grim cuirass loll. YOU'RE SO PRO

But yeah, your trolling my gear sets, I'm trolling your lies. I wonder, which is more pathetic?
By Starkzz 2011-10-08 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I say I did a(bigger exaggeration though, still valid given your ukko claim on this specific mob) 10k Thunder V on Kaggen and you don't have BLM your forced to assume I'm not lying? Get real dude
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
Server: Fenrir
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-10-08 14:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaioshin said: »
Ninja.

good joke

Blade: Hi
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-08 14:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Math is hard yo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-10-08 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj is the best DD
[+]
By Entourage 2011-10-08 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Xque said: »
Haveing a few easy to make empys doesn't make you a pro either you always were and always will be a terrible player.

you speak as if you know me. do you? if so, once again, who are you?

good job derailing what used to be a constructive discussion thread everyone.

In summary: yes WAR can tank Kaggen and do 4k Ukkos as it's possible to cap cRatio on any mob currently in the game. It's not hard to avoid 1-shots while WSing by paying attention to mob patterns. RNG, BLM, SMN, BLU are all good DDs in their unique aspects. Saying which one's best is an endless discussion because they act differently.

If you don't believe anything I said then fine, don't believe it. However, avoid derailing the thread any further by consistently asking for proof on common things people do everyday. I vaguely remember screenshotting something on Kaggen a week ago, if i did I'll gladly edit this post with a screenshot after this deadline for work is over.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-10-08 14:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eddrok said: »
Hey... just started doing voidwatch and wondering what best DD is any ideas...thanks :-)

Any DD can be effective in Voidwatch, assuming the player understands hate management, and is knowledgeable about each NM's strengths/weaknesses/TP attacks, etc.

DRK is nice to have for multiple !! proc weapons, plus the ability to Stun. RNG is generally good since RNG can keep its' distance from nasty AOE attacks. Only problem is some Voidwatch NM's are particularly evasive against ranged attacks, and if your RNG is dumb and/or doesn't manage his/her hate well, s/he might MPK your mages/support.

BLM is usually good, too. SAM is nice to have since SAM can generate TP easily without having to engage/melee the NM.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-08 14:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja.

good joke

Blade: Hi is crap outside abyssea
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-08 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Asura.Eddrok said: »
Hey... just started doing voidwatch and wondering what best DD is any ideas...thanks :-)

Any DD can be effective in Voidwatch, assuming the player understands hate management, and is knowledgeable about each NM's strengths/weaknesses/TP attacks, etc.

DRK is nice to have for multiple !! proc weapons, plus the ability to Stun. RNG is generally good since RNG can keep its' distance from nasty AOE attacks. Only problem is some Voidwatch NM's are particularly evasive against ranged attacks, and if your RNG is dumb and/or doesn't manage his/her hate well, s/he might MPK your mages/support.

BLM is usually good, too. SAM is nice to have since SAM can generate TP easily without having to engage/melee the NM.
lold
By Thrice1084 2011-10-08 15:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as a DD is well geared, is watching what he's doing, and using the EXTREMELY mass of temp items you get, can put out great numbers. As 'best DD' is irrelevant since you do need procs and you have those temps. And, honestly, on the original paths (not jeuno or zilart) some jobs should bring a 2ndary crappy weapon to avoid doing too much damage and killing the monster before cap red/blue (takes 1-2 red magic and 1-2 red blue to cap lights as the DD mainly boosts that procs type during red).

I would just suggest that sams if they want to pull out better damage should /thf as a lot of monster you do not want to be in the front of with all the tp spamming going on. @entourtroll, yes nin can DD well in aby, tho hi is very necessary. Nin seems to proc veerrrrry often for my group magic wise and Hi w/o food and just temps does 1.5-2.5k @lvl 90 weapon (excluding when first hit wiffs and you do 200 from any of the extra hits if they went off).
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2011-10-08 15:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you guys hear, a 90 empyrean is hard to make.

Also, you say don't comment about something if you don't have it... with that logic you can't say Ukon WAR is the best DD because you haven't "tried" every other option.